Callaway Preowned Experience

daleheaddalehead Members Posts: 1,461 ✭✭
Ordered 2 Mac Daddy forged wedges from Callaway Preowned on Black Friday and took advantage of their 30% off deal. The wedge condition was listed as "Like New". My previous experience with CPO was that their descriptions were accurate, even a little conservative. I've gotten "Like New" items from them that looked brand new.

Then I found a thread here saying the accuracy of CPO ratings had deteriorated, especially the "Like New" ratings. So I was concerned about what I might get.

The clubs arrived today and if they have ever hit a ball I can't see it. Stickers and labels are intact. Very pleased, especially at the prices I got. Just wanted to pass along my experience.

Comments

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,854 ✭✭
    Nice, it's almost December so positive news is welcome
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,943 ✭✭
    Their like new clubs are usually top notch but I’ve had a couple exceptions. Got a tank putter once that had 3 long scratches on top. And a V series HW that was marked up. They took both back with no issues.

Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• ewe8523ewe8523 Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    I’ve been considering some “average” wedges due to the low price this week. However, I’m a little nervous about what condition they might be in. Past threads have said that average wedges from COO have been in pretty decent shape. Any recent experiences?
  • DblEglDblEgl Members Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Just received a women's Rogue 3w for my wife in ' like new ' condition and, in my opinion,

ti has never been hit. Pleased with CPO as usual. My experience with them is that if anything

is wrong, they will make it right.
  • jonfleshjonflesh Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    There condition grades have always been on par with my orders but anytime I have customed an order (adding an ext, cutting it short, adding wraps) it has never come out right for me.
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,531 ✭✭
    I did the BOGO for hybrids and my epic 2 hy was "good" and the BB 815 alpha I got was "average"....the Epic is in great shape with minimal use prior and the alpha is in really good used shape.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,700 ✭✭
    I love CPO, but I only buy the "like new" stuff ! image/nyam.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':nyam:' />
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,405 ✭✭
    I ordered an Apex Hybrid, in "Like New" Condition, from CPO, on the Monday before Black Friday. Bought it as a Christmas Gift for my Dad.

... It's MINT. It's BRAND NEW! Was so pumped when it arrived!
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,218 ✭✭
    Bought a heavenwood v-series like new and it was perfect.
  • homergolfhomergolf Bay Village, OHMembers Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Glad to hear your experience was good. The clubs look great. If you ordered them on Black Friday, that’s p pretty good delivery speed for this time of year
    Ping G400, 9, adjusted to 10
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Rogue 5-wood, 19
    Epic 4 hybrid, 23
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
  • cgolfer87cgolfer87 ClubWRX Posts: 59 ClubWRX
    I get they need to keep track of clubs via barcode, etc. but the stickers all over are incredibly annoying.
  • larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭
    This past Monday, I ordered a set of CF16s from them 35% off due to black Friday sale and extra 5% for over $300. They shipped yesterday, after having grips changed, and I should receive them on Monday. I'll update on condition when I get them. Dealing with CPO representative was great, really made for a nice transaction.
    TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-gw
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,504 ✭✭
    I had a good exchange with them as well with their BF sale. I bought two shafts, one was advertised as playing 46"...ends up being 46" grip to tip. I said it wouldn't make much sense to return and resend a new shaft, but easier just to have it fixed locally, so they refunded the difference to have it cut down and a new grip installed.
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 598 ✭✭
    Cally Preowned is the best of the OEMs preowned. Been using for years, great service, conservative club condition ratings...admittedly I only by Outlet or Like New, with occasional Very Good.

If you buy Like New, my experience similar, usually still in shrink wrap...

Awesome deals, where I buy almost all my clubs.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,678 ✭✭
    Looking at picking up a driver shaft from them. It is about $140 on their site and $70 on their eBay account. Has anyone had any luck having them match their eBay pricing when calling in? I was hoping to take advantage of their 30% offer that ends tonight.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,686 ✭✭
    I've bought a lot of clubs from CPO and never been disappointed with the condition of product. Usually better than expected.

I just got an Apex MB A wedge that was listed as "average" and other than a tiny nick on the face that won't affect play, and some brush marks on the sole, you cant tell that it's been hit.

Have a O works 2 ball red coming next week as well.
    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0
    Rogue 17* Atmos Blue TS
    G 410 19* Tour 85 R
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage S
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s (In Play) / Srixon Z765 6-GW Modus 105s (Standing By)
    MackDaddy4 Black 54 S and RTX 3 Raw 58* 
     Bettinardi '16 BB1 / '16 Bettinardi Tiki /  '17 Studio Stock 8
    Chrome Soft / TP5/ Wilson Staff FG Tour
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,531 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

Looking at picking up a driver shaft from them. It is about $140 on their site and $70 on their eBay account. Has anyone had any luck having them match their eBay pricing when calling in? I was hoping to take advantage of their 30% offer that ends tonight.

Just call them, Im sure they wouldnt have an issue matching. They go to great lengths to hook customers up and give solid service whenever Ive called.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
  • 3eagles183eagles18 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭
    My rep is Tad. He takes great care of me including free shipping both ways. I ordered 3 of the Rogue hybrids Monday and they were delivered on Thursday. Unfortunately, CPO had to start collecting sales tax on Sept 1st, but the deals are still great.
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,394 ✭✭
    bubbagump wrote:

radiman wrote:

Just call them, Im sure they wouldnt have an issue matching. They go to great lengths to hook customers up and give solid service whenever Ive called.
    Matching I can see-but asking for 30% off the 50% off price? I guess you can always ask otherwise the answer is no before you start.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
    Shilgy wrote:

bubbagump wrote:

radiman wrote:

Matching I can see-but asking for 30% off the 50% off price? I guess you can always ask otherwise the answer is no before you start.

Just a thought. If they don't, there is no ill will. I am a bit surprised that they would have that large of a price gap between their site and eBay though.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • puttingmattputtingmatt puttingmatt Summer/ Michigan-- Winter/ FloridaMembers Posts: 5,101 ✭✭
    Callaway pre owned gets my business. They are top notch.

Just got the Apex MB 4 thru pw

in like new condition, there is very little of anything that I see

wrong. My 30% discount and

trade make this set of irons a steal. They are the best, and I enjoy playing their equipment.

I have had deals in the past , but none are close to Callaway.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC
    I’ve always had great service from them too. Now I just need UPS to follow through, my CF16 irons have been out for delivery since Wednesday evening and keep getting delayed.
    edited Dec 1, 2018 #24
    Shilgy wrote:

bubbagump wrote:

radiman wrote:

I spoke to rep this morning. I didn't realize it, but the eBay store is a separate entity within their company that manages their own pricing. He said that usually they can match or at least get close to their price. But, in some situations like this, they have such a large price discrepancy that they can't get close.

He was good to deal with and up front about it. It also explains why their eBay pricing is often different from their site. Never thought about it that way since they are listing the same inventory (item numbers match).

The listing is for an Ahina shaft at $65. For 30% off, I would take a flyer. I still may, but it'll deplete my Epic Flash funds, so I may pass for now.

On a side note, if you find something you like on their site, do a search for that item number on eBay. You might find it significantly cheaper and they always have free shipping.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • hendog39hendog39 Members Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Waiting on rogue sz 3 wood. Have bought a few clubs in the past and all have lived up to rating
    My package didn’t come yesterday - delivery was delayed until today a now apparently delayed until Monday. The package has been in Raleigh since Wednesday and “out for delivery” each day since then only to then be delayed later in the day.
  • Krosch3Krosch3 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭
    larryd3 wrote:

This past Monday, I ordered a set of CF16s from them 35% off due to black Friday sale and extra 5% for over $300. They shipped yesterday, after having grips changed, and I should receive them on Monday. I'll update on condition when I get them. Dealing with CPO representative was great, really made for a nice transaction.

I ordered the same, like new cf16 two days ago. Cant wait to get them in. My past experiences have ben great. What a deal with the 35% off.
    Just got a response from UPS - they damaged my package and are sending it back to CPO. The specs I ordered on the CF16s are no longer available, I wonder what CPO will do.
    Excellent customer service from CPO. I called this morning. They didn’t have any sets of what I ordered 5-PW in very good condition so they are sending me a 4-PW set in like new condition 2nd day air with no extra charge.
  • larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭
    Krosch3 wrote:

larryd3 wrote:

I ordered the same, like new cf16 two days ago. Cant wait to get them in. My past experiences have ben great. What a deal with the 35% off.

Mine showed up a little bit ago. Really great condition and great service from Tad at CPO. And UPS held up there end of the deal by delivering a day early with no damage. Definitely will use CPO and Tad again.
    TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-gw
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H
  • Ferris2001Ferris2001 Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    I just got delivery of a Ping G 5w with the stock Alta 65 shaft, too bad I ordered one with the tour 65 shaft. We’ll see what they say when they reply to my email. Condition was as advertised.