Under Armour Storm Bags - Costco

124»

Comments

• Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,538 ✭✭
    Received my black 14 way today with no problems.
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    Got my black 14 way today as well. Bag is very well made. Heavier fabric than the equivalent SM and has some nice touches that SM doesn't. The top is much larger than the SM 4.5 and the club slots seem to be larger as well. Tons of pockets and extra pockets inside those pockets. Straps feel good as the 2018 Hoofer and even a bit wider. Not as much cushion as the SM straps though. Legs are different as well and I wonder how well they will do from being on a cart and getting the paint worn on them. I always hate that. I weighed the bag empty and it weighed 5.96lbs on my scale. For reference my Ping Hoofer 14 weighs 5.89lbs but the SM 4.5 weighs 5.19lbs. My scale may not be perfect but this gives you and idea on weight differences. Just a touch on the heavy side but I always prefer the 14 way over a 4 way as I use the bag for carrying and carts. At $99 these should be sold out at Costco. Truly a steal for a $235 bag and one that is much better built than the $85 Srixon Z Four I snagged as well. I am going to need to sell my Srixon and one of my Hoofer 14s soon.
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,898 ✭✭
    The weight difference is about that of one more or less club
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • jgonz69jgonz69 Members Posts: 752 ✭✭
    Armada bag back in stock.
    PING G400 Max Ping Tour 65
    PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
    PING G400 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
    PING i500 3, 5-U
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 58
    Cameron MilSpec 350g
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • balladmballadm Augusta, GAMembers Posts: 687 ✭✭
    I bought a match play yesterday. Great deal
  • johnny5gtijohnny5gti RAIDER NATION Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    I think to purchase from costco you will need to be a member. This bag "looks most like" the 3.5

Cwing wrote:

Which sun mountain does the speedround compare to? What is the difference between purchasing as a costco member vs a non member? I’m not a member but a buddy of mine is, if I buy, what advantage is there to have him pick it up for me vs buying it myself as a non member?
  • jli2636jli2636 Members Posts: 1,038 ✭✭
    johnny5gti wrote:

I think to purchase from costco you will need to be a member. This bag "looks most like" the 3.5

Cwing wrote:

Which sun mountain does the speedround compare to? What is the difference between purchasing as a costco member vs a non member? I’m not a member but a buddy of mine is, if I buy, what advantage is there to have him pick it up for me vs buying it myself as a non member?

This is not a member exclusive so non-members can purchase with a 5% surcharge fee. So $105 for a bag that probably has a “regular retail value” of around $200 is still a really good deal.
  • BraveAnthonyBraveAnthony Members Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Anyone know if Armada will fit clicgear 8.0?
  • dcl5dcl5dcl5dcl5 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭

I think it will - I believe the bottom is the same as the Sync bag, which I use today for the Clicgear 8.0.
  • bkirkley09bkirkley09 Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    Got the Armada bag today and honestly want to buy a 2nd for when this one wears out. Unbelievable quality at this price point. Great deal and an amazing cart bag.

PING G400 Max 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD BB 6X
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W, Oban Devotion 7x
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W, Smoke 80g 6.5
    Ping I210 4-PW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide Stealth, 50ss, 54ss, 58ss, AWT Wedge Flex
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Moto, 33"

• BraveAnthonyBraveAnthony Members Posts: 120 ✭✭
    dcl5dcl5 wrote:

I think it will - I believe the bottom is the same as the Sync bag, which I use today for the Clicgear 8.0.

Thanks. I am also concerned about the top part. Wonder how the straps going to wrap around.

• dcl5dcl5dcl5dcl5 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited Dec 23, 2018 #103
    This bag has the same strap system as the Sync - it has the cart straps underneath that you slide through. Hope that makes sense. I think the pockets are better thought out, although you do miss out on the big cooler pocket that the Sync has, but I usually had the clicgear drink hook on the cart.

dcl5dcl5 wrote:

Thanks. I am also concerned about the top part. Wonder how the straps going to wrap around.
  • ThertyTherty SDMembers Posts: 77 ✭✭
    I got the speedround - unbelievably nice. Came with the Underarmour $230 msrp sticker still on it. Very very happy.
    SLDR 430 (lol) + Kuro Kage Stiff 
    Ping G 3 wood 14.5* + Ping Tour 80 Stiff
    Maltby TS-2 2 Iron 18*
    Adams DHy 21* + White Tie Stiff
    CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4i-P + TT DG S300
    53* and 58* Mizuno S5 Blue Ion
    Nike Origin B1-01 34"
  • Sfd732Sfd732 ClubWRX Posts: 109 ClubWRX
    the matchplay 14-way is back in stock in black/red/grey
  • LeftDaddyLeftDaddy Members Posts: 715 ✭✭
    This thread is the bomb! I walked 18 a couple of weeks ago with my current bag and it was so heavy. My playing partner even commented on its weight. So I decided a needed a new, lighter carry bag.

Ran across this thread and went to Costco app immediately. Bought a Speedround. Thanks guys! Can’t wait for it to arrive!
    Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
    Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
    Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
    Bettinardi BB1