Why does everyone say Sabatini is a jerk?

Comments

• deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,614 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 2, 2018 #62
    nikegal wrote:

He is a **** image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Madison

Now that is succinct and to the point!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

So bored is WRX that a Rory f****** Sabbatini thread was started.

This is a new low - even for us.

Well, with the apparent onset of an earlier and nasty winter, this is just the beginning.

My goodness, a simple question about club building the other day got nasty.

It’s going to be a long, long winter.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,366 ClubWRX
    nikegal wrote:

What about Sabbatini?

AND YOU KNOW I'M KIDDING!

Hope you all are having and will have a blessed holiday season!

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Well, with the apparent onset of an earlier and nasty winter, this is just the beginning.

Yep, first major snowstorm of the year yesterday and into today - then I see pink stuff under my Jeep while warming it up while blowing snow this morning - looks like a new radiator this week, ****. And I've got 7 new indoor doors to hang and trim to repaint, blah, blah, allegedly before Christmas since I didn't get them done summer or fall - my wife isn't liking my vibe that major renovations should wait until the weather is better in the spring (hey, I don't have a heated garage, lol). I would rather focus on what shafts the club guy I know 90 miles away is going to put into what iron heads this winter. It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!! Somehow I'm sure I'll have some doors hung before Christmas Eve.
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,096 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Yep, first major snowstorm of the year yesterday and into today - then I see pink stuff under my Jeep while warming it up while blowing snow this morning - looks like a new radiator this week, ****. And I've got 7 new indoor doors to hang and trim to repaint, blah, blah, allegedly before Christmas since I didn't get them done summer or fall - my wife isn't liking my vibe that major renovations should wait until the weather is better in the spring (hey, I don't have a heated garage, lol). I would rather focus on what shafts the club guy I know 90 miles away is going to put into what iron heads this winter. It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!! Somehow I'm sure I'll have some doors hung before Christmas Eve.

Sounds like you're literally going to be trimming the house for Christmas image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Hawkeye77 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

It's going to be a long, long winter.

Sounds like you're literally going to be trimming the house for Christmas image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

So she tells me, or should I say inspires me, lol.
  • tropicstropics Members Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited Dec 2, 2018 #68
    i walked with rory as a volunteer at the barclays a few years ago, he was one of the nicest golfers i walked with in 6-odd years or so.

having said that, i had a bad impression of him coming in to the round from TV and whatnot but he really turned it around. guess he was having a good day?
  • pickerjohnpickerjohn pickerjohn Members Posts: 2,096
    cardoustie wrote:

The walking ahead incident wasn't great

That was one I agreed with him on
    TBD
    Tour Edge Exotics CB 4 16.5 Regular Flex
    Cobra Baffler hybrid 22* Regular
    Mizuno MP 59 5-PW PX 5.0
    Callaway MD2 Tour Grind wedges 54 & 58
    T.P Mills Professional One 35"
    Bridgesone E6 Soft Yellow
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,175 ✭✭

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Hahaha, my initial post in here was my first in weeks, so what’s that tell ya about me😂😂😂????

Don’t worry though, trust me, I can go much much lower, lmao🤪😜

Stay well Bro & I hope that you and yours have a great Holiday Season👊

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️

RP

Richard, hope you’re feeling okay these days. Merry Christmas.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black

Hawkeye77 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Don’t know how you cold weather folks do it.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black

ebrasmus21 wrote:

DSS - are you officially in off-season?
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Most definitely. I’m hoping the temperatures tops 40* in Colorado Friday so I can sneak in a few holes.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62

ebrasmus21 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Most definitely. I’m hoping the temperatures tops 40* in Colorado Friday so I can sneak in a few holes.

California is rooting for you.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Don’t know how you cold weather folks do it.

It's all good until the food stores run out - then it's the annual Donner Party!

Oh sorry, we eat one of Santa's reindeer, not our neighbors.
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,004 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

LOL, didn't he just happen to have head covers with flags from his wife's homeland? And maybe I've got that wrong.
    His new wife is from Slovakia. Stitch made him a head cover that has the Slovakia flag on it.
  • nikegalnikegal The golf swing is simple arithmetic, not trigonometry Posts: 1,185 ✭✭
    edited Dec 3, 2018 #77
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

nikegal wrote:

What about Sabbatini?

AND YOU KNOW I'M KIDDING!

Hope you all are having and will have a blessed holiday season!
    Hi Hawk image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I knew you were, haha. Richard told me that I should’ve mentioned Sabbatini’s name in case guys thought that I was talking about Richard, hahaha. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas🎄 and a happy healthy New Year 🤗 😘Madison
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,431 ✭✭
    The Sabbs gets few holiday cards.
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,099 ✭✭
    Jill thinks people should call others a jerk.

• dbleagdbleag Members Posts: 2,876 ✭✭
    Steele47 wrote:

cardoustie wrote:

The walking ahead incident wasn't great

I loved the walking ahead incident.

+111

Ben Crane is a poke.
  • SuperbritSuperbrit Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited Dec 3, 2018 #82
    Any other D1cks on tour?

Ive heard stories of Fred Couples being a total d1ck, as well as Lee Trevino, but Lee is my second fave golfer of all time so please nothing bad about him
    edited Dec 3, 2018 #83
    Superbrit wrote:

Any other D1cks on tour?

Ive heard stories of Fred Couples being a total d1ck, as well as Lee Trevino, but Lee is my second fave golfer of all time so please nothing bad about him

Fred Couples - not very bright, and should not be in the HOF. Is he a jerk? Probably not.

Corey Pavin - saw him tell a group of young fans at the 1995 Ryder Cup to "get lost, no time for kids."

Phil Mickelson - nothing more to say.
  • SuperbritSuperbrit Posts: 461 ✭✭
    Ferguson wrote:

Superbrit wrote:

Any other D1cks on tour?

Fred Couples - not very bright, and should not be in the HOF. Is he a jerk? Probably not.

Corey Pavin - saw him tell a group of young fans at the 1995 Ryder Cup to "get lost, no time for kids."

Corey Pavin just looks annoying, also looks like he should be a baddie in a kids film like Shrek
  • wobgonwobgon Members Posts: 7,460 ✭✭
    Well at least he isn't the most arrogant J A** to come out of South Africa......After all, there is always Gary Player.....For every negative story about Rory, I know of two about player, a couple of which I have seen personally. Maybe if Rory wore a black shirt and black pants he would get some love.
    Superbrit wrote:

Ferguson wrote:

Superbrit wrote:

Any other D1cks on tour?

Corey Pavin just looks annoying, also looks like he should be a baddie in a kids film like Shrek

I was volunteer that year at Oak Hill. I was also the guy that accidentally spilled a coke on the back of his right pant leg on day 2.
  • Forged4everForged4ever Putting is 98%+ Mental..... ClubWRX Posts: 15,593 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 3, 2018 #87
    Superbrit wrote:

Any other D1cks on tour?

Yea, Fred’s a ****, though again, he picks who, where and when to be an arsehole with, much like Greg Norman and contrary to what a few guys thought, I have never based my opinion of him on the fact that he wrote his tele # on a golf ball and gave it to Madison, unsolicited I might add, cuz one, he had no idea that we were dating and two, and Madison will verify this, I’m the least jealous guy she’s ever dated, lol. I based my opinion on three separate incidences at our Club that I’ve posted prior, where he was arrogant rude and & insulting to three different Club employees, one of whom was a Club Icon, a senior locker room attendant, who gave us 62 years of his life and was a Prince.

Couples also insulted the Starter, a first year Apprentice and then one of our full-time assistants, both of who are super guys, and the Asst. also out drove Couples on 2/3 drives(they had to be in the FW) off our #1 tee(pictured). There were a bunch of members on the porch, behind and above the tee, and one said “atta boy” when Jamie’s drive rolled about 10yds past Couples’ ball.

Couples, never said “nice ball,” “nice drive,” nothing and he turned around and said to no one in particular on the porch, “there’s a reason he’s folding shirts for a living and you paid to see me Play.” An older member who I love chirped, “Fred, we didn’t pay a dime to see you hit the ball, nor would I ever,” lol. I was in the locker room at the time though Madison was on the tee cuz she was in the group behind Couples and she said that it sickened her.

One of my barometers when I judge someone is how they treat those from “lesser” stations in life, and from what I saw of Couples across 4 years and three situations, he’s a spoiled entitled piece of.......

Madison, on the other hand, grew to like him and introduced him to her BFF, also a Pro, and they dated for about year and a half and while she was at her club in LA, she did a public clinic for kids at a park and one day when he was out to see her, he showed up unannounced and brought like 10-12 pizzas🍕 for ALL the kids and their parents at the park, not just those at the clinic. While they were eating their za’s, the ice cream truck pulled in and again, Fred bought ice cream for all of the kids/parents in the park, and Maddie’s friend said there were 30-35 peeps counting kids and adults.

It was unplanned and I’ll give credit where credit is due, lol. It was a nice gesture. The cynic in me at the time said that Couples did it just to impress Madison’s friend, though Madison reminded me of my own words that why someone does good is irrelevent, only that they do good.

I hate it when she throws my own words back in my face😂😂

In my eyes it still doesn’t make up for mistreating others when they did absolutely nothing to deserve that treatment.

Maybe he’s matured, who knows, lol

Or maybe I’ve just softened like Gumby as I age, cuz I even have softened on Norman, and he is unequivocally hands down, the biggest Tour **** that I’ve ever encountered, lolol.

Stay well🍻

RP
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy SoDakClubWRX Posts: 1,428 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 3, 2018 #88

Hawkeye77 wrote:

LOL, didn't he just happen to have head covers with flags from his wife's homeland? And maybe I've got that wrong.

I've never met him, just haven't enjoyed his antics.

But a random whine about him and not even spelling his name right seems out of the blue. Was just sitting around thinking about him .....

Is he actually married? I just did a quick google search and found out that he was married to a Texan lady (Amy), but they divorced a while back.

However, Wikipedia informs me that he is trying to acquire Slovakian nationality. The Slovakian flag has red, white, and blue on it like the Russian flag.

I recall a few years back, I think it came out he was a known cheater and his wife was basically publicy airing that dirty laundry on Twitter (she at one point had the handle @FormerMrsSabo).
    Post edited by Unknown User on

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • dmac4gdmac4g Members Posts: 1,244 ✭✭
    Greg Norman questions if Rory is even trying to be a **** when compared to himself.
    Don't forget Robert Allenby.

I would have Greg at my dinner table before Allenby.
  • dmac4gdmac4g Members Posts: 1,244 ✭✭
    Allenby would put on a better gong show. Greg would just tell you how great he is......not was........