Mallet putters without alignment aid?

heatedwireheatedwire Members Posts: 64
So i've always putted with a blade. Currently I use a Lajosi Sensor and am having a pretty good couple of years putting, however i'd like to try using a mallet as an experiment.

Much to my surprise, I'm struggling to find options in the #7 style (think this would suit my eye the most) or just about any other style from TM, Odyssey, Cleveland etc for mallets without any alignment lines or dots.

While I can see why they might help, I can't be the only one out there that prefers not to have any 'aid' when I look down at address?

Does anyone know of some mallets that are 'blank'?

Comments

• GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,068 ✭✭
    Spider Tour, Toulon Garage models
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Irons TBD
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • MattUtahMattUtah Members Posts: 18 ✭✭
    While the Spider Tour’s success has mainly been attributed to the addition of the slant neck, I think the real reason it ended up being so effective for a lot of people was it forced them to aim perpendicularly with the face rather than linearly with a sight line. I never realized how off my aim was with sight lines until recently.

I reallly, really wish Odyssey would make some naked 7s and other fang shapes. The jailbird is close but still has those 3 dots in a line milled in.
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800
    MattUtah wrote:

While the Spider Tour's success has mainly been attributed to the addition of the slant neck, I think the real reason it ended up being so effective for a lot of people was it forced them to aim perpendicularly with the face rather than linearly with a sight line. I never realized how off my aim was with sight lines until recently.

I reallly, really wish Odyssey would make some naked 7s and other fang shapes. The jailbird is close but still has those 3 dots in a line milled in.

Have a Jailbreak Mini - could have a putter refinisher like BOS take out the sight dots - fill them in and paint to match.

I'm asking Evnroll not to paint the sightline.
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • heatedwireheatedwire Members Posts: 64
    SwingMan wrote:

MattUtah wrote:

While the Spider Tour's success has mainly been attributed to the addition of the slant neck, I think the real reason it ended up being so effective for a lot of people was it forced them to aim perpendicularly with the face rather than linearly with a sight line. I never realized how off my aim was with sight lines until recently.

Have a Jailbreak Mini - could have a putter refinisher like BOS take out the sight dots - fill them in and paint to match.

Evnroll was probably my favourite putter but I couldn't handle the sight line. Have they responded to you? I'd purchase another one in a heartbeat - specially now they come in black!
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    edited Dec 2, 2018 #6
    Ping tyne h is close.

Then there's custom stuff...like what I have spryevo working on..2ball fang without the 2ball alignment...
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800
    heatedwire wrote:

SwingMan wrote:

MattUtah wrote:

Evnroll was probably my favourite putter but I couldn't handle the sight line. Have they responded to you? I'd purchase another one in a heartbeat - specially now they come in black!

They don't all come in black - the ER5; the others in black are tour use only from what I've read/seen. I asked for a tour black version of the ER8 - no bueno.
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8