Old forged blades

2

Comments

  • AscanAscan Members Posts: 463 ✭✭
    I have some Hogan Redlines and Hogan Personal irons that I use from time to time. Both are sublime.
    WITB:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5*
    3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
    Irons: Mizuno Mp-32
    Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport with 3x Black Finish
  • TheDeanAbidesTheDeanAbides Members Posts: 90
    I've just put a set of Hogan '99 Apex blades in the bag, and these are the newest I've ever owned. I've played BH Grinds (awesome to hit), '62 Hogan Power Thrusts (very tough unless you're on your A-game), and Mizzy TP9s (also tough to hit). Nothing feels as good as a well struck blade - especially when you stiff one, give it a twirl and look at its beauty when it goes back in the bag.
  • maamoldmaamold Matt Aamold Posts: 177 ✭✭

    maamold wrote:


    1972 Apex - Haven't gamed them, grips are trash but original so not sure if I just want them as bling or game.



    1979 Cameos - Played them once or twice, easy to hit



    1981 Directors - I gamed these for 3 seasons



    1988 Redlines - I gamed these for 2 seasons because Hogan!



    MP-32 - This is my third set of these I just like them and can't figure out why I keep selling them.




    The '81 directors; how did they play? I think they might be the sleekest design blade I've ever seen, but I've also seen pictures showing fairly strong offset. How do they compare to the more popular/known Hogans (ie Apexes)




    They did have some offset and a slight gooseneck which is what old Hogan irons used to move the CG closer to the heel. The feel is amazing and they are very forgiving for blades. They sat very square and cut through the rough great. In the end the grooves are just worn out on mine, maybe I should send them in to get re-grooved and refinished.
  • James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan Members Posts: 349 ✭✭
    maamold wrote:


    maamold wrote:


    1972 Apex - Haven't gamed them, grips are trash but original so not sure if I just want them as bling or game.



    1979 Cameos - Played them once or twice, easy to hit



    1981 Directors - I gamed these for 3 seasons



    1988 Redlines - I gamed these for 2 seasons because Hogan!



    MP-32 - This is my third set of these I just like them and can't figure out why I keep selling them.




    The '81 directors; how did they play? I think they might be the sleekest design blade I've ever seen, but I've also seen pictures showing fairly strong offset. How do they compare to the more popular/known Hogans (ie Apexes)




    They did have some offset and a slight gooseneck which is what old Hogan irons used to move the CG closer to the heel. The feel is amazing and they are very forgiving for blades. They sat very square and cut through the rough great. In the end the grooves are just worn out on mine, maybe I should send them in to get re-grooved and refinished.




    Posted this photo on another thread before but I’ll tell you, refinishing can really make a set beautiful. Here are my Radials. Directors would look even better.
    Golfing in Finland!
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,166 ✭✭
    NPVWhiz wrote:


    Backup set? I have backups for the backups and spare backups. My kids have backup blade sets, and only one of them plays much. I played Mizuno MS203s primarily for many years but have MP29s, MS11s, several sets of TZoid ProII irons, along with a nice set of TP19s. And Mp62s, 63s and 30s, none of which technically fit the definition. I think there is a Mac Combo set down there in the basement somewhere as well.



    MP29s would be a nice match or pairing vis-a-vis the JPX900s.
    Whiz I should have maybe made it more clearer and stated the Muirfields are my main back up set since I have 9 full sets of Macgregor blades and 3 sets of Hogan blades not counting my MP-68 blades and my KZG CB Forged Blades and my 2013 Callaway Forged X CBs. But the Muirfields are my main back ups image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stock Regular shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
    Irons 3 thru 9 KZG Kyoei Forged CB 1st generation Swing Science 400 Graphite Senior flex
    PW Cleveland Special 588 45* bent to 47* Stock Cleveland Steel Shaft
    SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore S-300 ( old dependable)
    Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft rusty and lead taped as heck named "Rusty"
    Bag-- Jones Classic non stand
    Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want **** the USGA & R&A
    Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
    Vintage
    Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
    3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
    Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green or 1980 Macgregor VIP 3 thru PW Hogan Apex #2 shafts " The famous Bastardized Macs"
    PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special-- Will rotate out when old dependable does not behave
    Putter ( subject to change) Lil David 8802
    Bag Old School Power Bilt orange mini staff
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,891 ✭✭
    BIG STU wrote:

    NPVWhiz wrote:


    Backup set? I have backups for the backups and spare backups. My kids have backup blade sets, and only one of them plays much. I played Mizuno MS203s primarily for many years but have MP29s, MS11s, several sets of TZoid ProII irons, along with a nice set of TP19s. And Mp62s, 63s and 30s, none of which technically fit the definition. I think there is a Mac Combo set down there in the basement somewhere as well.



    MP29s would be a nice match or pairing vis-a-vis the JPX900s.
    Whiz I should have maybe made it more clearer and stated the Muirfields are my main back up set since I have 9 full sets of Macgregor blades and 3 sets of Hogan blades not counting my MP-68 blades and my KZG CB Forged Blades and my 2013 Callaway Forged X CBs. But the Muirfields are my main back ups image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />




    A true WRX man



    Multiple back-ups for his back-ups



    [sharedmedia=core:attachments:4647078]
    Pings from the beginning

    OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,166 ✭✭
    wesstlee18 wrote:

    tokeyb wrote:
    wesstlee18 wrote:


    Old blade set:

    91-97 Titleist Tour Model Blades 3-PW







    Wow. That is just such a gorgeous club. Makes all the new tech look ridiculous.




    It seems so easy to me to make a clean, functional, and beautiful golf club. The 681 were almost there. If they’d take the “forged” stamp off, it’d be pure.



    I think those were made in the period where a lot of companies were making cast clubs even some blades--- The fine folks at Titleist wanted everyone to know that they had not drank the current Kool Aid and still made FORGED blade irons
    Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stock Regular shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
    Irons 3 thru 9 KZG Kyoei Forged CB 1st generation Swing Science 400 Graphite Senior flex
    PW Cleveland Special 588 45* bent to 47* Stock Cleveland Steel Shaft
    SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore S-300 ( old dependable)
    Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft rusty and lead taped as heck named "Rusty"
    Bag-- Jones Classic non stand
    Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want **** the USGA & R&A
    Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
    Vintage
    Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
    3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
    Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green or 1980 Macgregor VIP 3 thru PW Hogan Apex #2 shafts " The famous Bastardized Macs"
    PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special-- Will rotate out when old dependable does not behave
    Putter ( subject to change) Lil David 8802
    Bag Old School Power Bilt orange mini staff
  • Nard_SNard_S Members Posts: 3,120 ✭✭
    I own too many to count but generally am a fan of 90's-2k era blades. Maruman CX 41 is mainstay, backup are Norman Signatures, 681's, 99 Apex and FG 59's. Have 2 other sets of Maruman's, extra 99's a TP 2000(TN87), 962B, that need shafts. About 1/2 dozen more I will move because I am not interested in re-shaft job and need to clean house.
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,186 ✭✭
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #40
    BIG STU wrote:

    wesstlee18 wrote:

    tokeyb wrote:
    wesstlee18 wrote:


    Old blade set:

    91-97 Titleist Tour Model Blades 3-PW







    Wow. That is just such a gorgeous club. Makes all the new tech look ridiculous.




    It seems so easy to me to make a clean, functional, and beautiful golf club. The 681 were almost there. If they’d take the “forged” stamp off, it’d be pure.



    I think those were made in the period where a lot of companies were making cast clubs even some blades--- The fine folks at Titleist wanted everyone to know that they had not drank the current Kool Aid and still made FORGED blade irons






    In those days, Titleist were taking a lot of heat for not producing forged clubs, with Mr Woods being their top man. This was the era of the 962/962b, the 981s, to the 990s, when everything they did was cast. Part of this was said to be due to their Tour Models of the 90s, and possibly 80s, not being particularly well regarded (I have to point out this is info I picked up second hand on GEA in its prime). They certainly were slow to try capitalizing on the Tiger train.



    I wouldn't be surprised if the "forged" on the backpack was a response to that. LOL



    Edited to add: the 90s were also the era of the Oversized Iron trend. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    The Ever Changing Bag!

    Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • forgedforeverforgedforever Members Posts: 1,750 ✭✭
    Reading this thread makes me realize I need to find ways to get my '88 Hogan Redlines and Mizuno MS-8s into the rotation early next spring.
  • skralyskraly ClubWRX Posts: 1,526 ClubWRX
    5dogs wrote:


    Just wondering if anyone out there has a backup set of old blades they still play with for fun? Looking at spending $100 or so and thinking of playing them once in a while. Current irons are jpx 900


    I have a beautiful set of Haig Ultra 385 contour sole irons I bring out once or twice a year. They have the original leather grips, which need to be replaced. But I can’t bring myself to alter them from their original condition.
  • Fellaheen51Fellaheen51 Go Green MichiganMembers Posts: 4,410 ✭✭
    skraly wrote:

    5dogs wrote:


    Just wondering if anyone out there has a backup set of old blades they still play with for fun? Looking at spending $100 or so and thinking of playing them once in a while. Current irons are jpx 900


    I have a beautiful set of Haig Ultra 385 contour sole irons I bring out once or twice a year. They have the original leather grips, which need to be replaced. But I can’t bring myself to alter them from their original condition.




    A possible restorative solution to save those leather grips. Perform a thorough cleaning using saddle soap. Perhaps other leather cleaners would work, I just have always used saddle soap. Allow them to dry completely. Then apply a liberal coating of Lexol Leather Conditioner (found at auto parts stores) with a rag. Allow to dry, repeat if necessary (typically apply 2x). I've reconditioned 60+ year old Mac grips in this manner and have been amazed how well they turn out. Recondition rather than replace, especially with classic leather.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

    OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs
  • rex235rex235 ClubWRX Posts: 3,959 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 6, 2018 #44
    NRJyzr wrote:

    BIG STU wrote:

    wesstlee18 wrote:

    tokeyb wrote:
    wesstlee18 wrote:


    Old blade set:

    91-97 Titleist Tour Model Blades 3-PW







    Wow. That is just such a gorgeous club. Makes all the new tech look ridiculous.




    It seems so easy to me to make a clean, functional, and beautiful golf club. The 681 were almost there. If they’d take the “forged” stamp off, it’d be pure.



    I think those were made in the period where a lot of companies were making cast clubs even some blades--- The fine folks at Titleist wanted everyone to know that they had not drank the current Kool Aid and still made FORGED blade irons






    In those days, Titleist were taking a lot of heat for not producing forged clubs, with Mr Woods being their top man. This was the era of the 962/962b, the 981s, to the 990s, when everything they did was cast. Part of this was said to be due to their Tour Models of the 90s, and possibly 80s, not being particularly well regarded (I have to point out this is info I picked up second hand on GEA in its prime). They certainly were slow to try capitalizing on the Tiger train.



    I wouldn't be surprised if the "forged" on the backpack was a response to that. LOL



    Edited to add: the 90s were also the era of the Oversized Iron trend. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />




    NRJyzr-



    Titleist was even slower when it came to making LH equipment.



    Won't say what their rep said to me in the early '80s, but it was something one never forgets.
  • jppatton2jppatton2 Members Posts: 96
    Just sold my 716s and put the trusty MP-14s back in the bag while I talk myself into a new set. It’s been awhile since I have played them regularly and it has been fun. I have had this set since I was 14 so I’ll never let them go, but they can be had on eBay for next to nothing. At some point every year I threaten putting new shafts in them but have yet to pull the trigger.
  • Seve0992Seve0992 Members Posts: 200
    nemoblack wrote:


    Well - "for fun" means every time I play so, yes, I do play my MP-32s all the time. Prior to this past season, I was playing with Ram Tour Grinds.



    Keep us updated on how your experiment goes!




    Were the Rams as solid as they look?
    Whats in the Bag:
    Titleist 917 9.5 Regular
    Titleist 915 16.5 Regular
    Titleist 818 19* Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP2 4 & 5
    Titleist 716 CB 6-7-8
    Titleist 716 MB 9 & PW
    Ping Glide 52 - 56WS - 60 WS
    Intelligent Design Putter
  • ShotShot Banned Posts: 27
    Do forged blades ever really get "old". Mine are similar to iron skillets getting better with each season.
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,186 ✭✭
    rex235 wrote:




    NRJyzr-



    Titleist was even slower when it came to making LH equipment.



    Won't say what their rep said to me in the early '80s, but it was something one never forgets.






    I'm amazed more folks haven't seen through them. It's like the Fonz said, "bull makes the world go round."
    The Ever Changing Bag!

    Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,186 ✭✭
    Seve0992 wrote:

    nemoblack wrote:


    Well - "for fun" means every time I play so, yes, I do play my MP-32s all the time. Prior to this past season, I was playing with Ram Tour Grinds.



    Keep us updated on how your experiment goes!




    Were the Rams as solid as they look?






    I'm completely biased, but Ram Tour Grinds are only awesome. image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />



    They have a crisper feel than something like Mizuno or the more recent Cobras. They tend to be more like the classic Hogan feel, but are softer than Hogans (I'm thinking Apex/Apex II/Redlines, FWIW). There are also a few different models, that each have subtle variations, and on top of those are the special grinds, like Camber Sole models, TW Customs, TW276, and TW282. (a side note, the TW Custom Grinds are very similar to the TW282, with a very square toe)



    Options are not a bad thing. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    The Ever Changing Bag!

    Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • OldplayerOldplayer Members Posts: 2,360 ✭✭
    I have a lot of classic blade sets. My favorites are Wilson fg51, Mizuno tn87, hogan redlines and founders club 200's.

    All fun to play and all still perform very well.
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,166 ✭✭
    jppatton2 wrote:


    Just sold my 716s and put the trusty MP-14s back in the bag while I talk myself into a new set. It's been awhile since I have played them regularly and it has been fun. I have had this set since I was 14 so I'll never let them go, but they can be had on eBay for next to nothing. At some point every year I threaten putting new shafts in them but have yet to pull the trigger.
    Trust me on this if you are getting a little long on the tooth as I am a shaft replacement will wake those clubs up for you. I know I resisted on the Macs some but it got where I could not hit those stiff Brunswick shafts any more I made the change. About 6 years ago I reshafted my original VIPs with some TT S-300 High Launch which was a soft tipped shaft. Later on I re discovered a old school trick thanks to Mitchell and went to using Hogan Apex shafts in the Macs. Right now and it is sorta a put down (in my eyes anyhow) due to a nagging back issue I am swinging a set of Forged KZG CB blades with graphite (80 gram) shafts. But I hit them well and most important my back does not hurt. More than likely in the future I will find a set of graphite shafts to experiment with and put them in my other set of Muirfields.I do not want to break down my VIPs or other Muirfields because they hit so darn good.
    Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stock Regular shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
    Irons 3 thru 9 KZG Kyoei Forged CB 1st generation Swing Science 400 Graphite Senior flex
    PW Cleveland Special 588 45* bent to 47* Stock Cleveland Steel Shaft
    SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore S-300 ( old dependable)
    Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft rusty and lead taped as heck named "Rusty"
    Bag-- Jones Classic non stand
    Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want **** the USGA & R&A
    Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
    Vintage
    Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
    3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
    Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green or 1980 Macgregor VIP 3 thru PW Hogan Apex #2 shafts " The famous Bastardized Macs"
    PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special-- Will rotate out when old dependable does not behave
    Putter ( subject to change) Lil David 8802
    Bag Old School Power Bilt orange mini staff
  • Ri_RedneckRi_Redneck Leather for Life!! Members Posts: 5,433 ✭✭
    I usually play these a couple of times a year. Just about the same age as I am!



    BT



    Bag 1
    F7 9.5* - Aldila Copperhead 70TX @ 44.5
    King LTD Blk 14.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43
    King LTD Blk 19* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5
    Mizuno MP15 4-pw - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
    Mizuno MP-T5 Black 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge

    Bag 2
    Mizuno ST180 9.5* - Diamana Kai'Li 70 X
    Mizuno GPX850 14.5* - Motore Speeder TS 7.3 S
    Mizuno GPX850 20* - Motore Speeder TS 8.3
    Mizuno MP25 4-pw - Recoil Proto 125 F4
    Mizuno MP-T5 Satin 52, 56, & 60 TT Wedge
  • BookerBooker Members Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I picked these up for $25 cdn 2-pw. Man they look and feel good. Brunswick 6.5 in them.
  • MP 33s or 690 MB are always a good bet. MP 32s are fun but not really as hard to hit so they may not be as "fun".
    [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]🏌️ UnProfessional Golfer
    🌽 Indiana and 🐊 Florida Raised
  • Fellaheen51Fellaheen51 Go Green MichiganMembers Posts: 4,410 ✭✭
    Ri_Redneck wrote:


    I usually play these a couple of times a year. Just about the same age as I am!



    BT







    Wow. Marvelous set of classic Mac wood and blade. Those RMT's are fantastic. When those come out for play, one can take a certain pride in knowing that no one else will be "gaming" a similar WITB on the day. Perhaps anywhere. Therein lies the attraction.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

    OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs
  • cgasuckscgasucks Members Posts: 2,161 ✭✭
    edited Dec 8, 2018 #56
    Booker wrote:


    I picked these up for $25 cdn 2-pw. Man they look and feel good. Brunswick 6.5 in them.




    Man...I got ripped off...I paid $40 CDN for a 3-PW of Ram Tour Grind Axials with DG R300s.
    10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
    Titleist DCI 990 Irons (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold shafts in S300
    Taylormade ATV 54 deg & 58 deg wedges with stock KBS shafts
    Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
    Ping Anser 2 Stainless Steel Putter
  • BubbtubbsBubbtubbs Members Posts: 389 ✭✭
    Where do you guys find these deals in Canadaland? I'd love to have a bag of persimmons and old blades for messing around with on occasion.
  • BookerBooker Members Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Bubbtubbs wrote:


    Where do you guys find these deals in Canadaland? I'd love to have a bag of persimmons and old blades for messing around with on occasion.




    You have to go to used sports equipment stores often, or this set above I found at a golf garage sale they put on in edmonton every december in a big warehouse. 4-6 courses put everything they want to sell in a big lot both new and used. They had tons of clothing clubs, demo clubs, balls, shoes. I can't even buy a case of beer up here for the price of those ram irons. Basically right place right time. Also one of our local shops has some used clubs on sale every November when sales are slow and the snow flies. If you fish around and get to know these places they inform me if they have something they know I'd want. Irons or drivers a few years old or many years old with X flex are tough sells so many times they give them to me at there cost. As you know places don't give you a lot for used stuff.
  • 2over2over Posts: 179 ✭✭
    5dogs wrote:


    Just wondering if anyone out there has a backup set of old blades they still play with for fun? Looking at spending $100 or so and thinking of playing them once in a while. Current irons are jpx 900




    I've got my son's old MP-14 Mizuno blades in the closet. Great for iffy ranges where I don't want any rocks marking my MP-18s. Not sure if $100 bucks will scored a decent set of MP-14s though. They still pretty darn sweet I have to say, distance, control, feel all on par with the MP-18.
  • PJDogPJDog Members Posts: 211
    Totally forgot to mention that the Wilson Staff Goosenecks are 100% awesomeness.
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members Posts: 3,295 ✭✭


    I've just put a set of Hogan '99 Apex blades in the bag, and these are the newest I've ever owned. I've played BH Grinds (awesome to hit), '62 Hogan Power Thrusts (very tough unless you're on your A-game), and Mizzy TP9s (also tough to hit). Nothing feels as good as a well struck blade - especially when you stiff one, give it a twirl and look at its beauty when it goes back in the bag.




    Always wanted to hit the Power Thrusts. They look cool too.
    Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 21* 24*
    Mizuno MP-15 5-PW
    Epon KGX 52* 56*
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport Longneck
2
Sign In or Register to comment.