ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Taylormade Tour Issue 2016-2018 M Series Drivers....Trackman Comparison Data

Comments

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,813 ✭✭
    edited February 8
    getitdaily wrote:

TollBros wrote:

boycer11 wrote:

I will be interested in seeing how all the new stuff compares.

M6 is close to the M4 overall. M5 is special. I'll back that up with data at some point when inventory is replenished.

I'm unsubscribing...don't need to see m5 special data...and spend $550 special dollars

That will be in its own thread. And $550? The last one I saw on the bay went for $1499!! I should also add, not many people know this because we don't advertise it, but my boss owns a retail store as well and we can get absolutely anything anyone wants retail, and we always price match non sale prices from legit, non bay, stores.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • getitdailygetitdaily Advanced Members Posts: 2,432 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

getitdaily wrote:

TollBros wrote:

boycer11 wrote:

M6 is close to the M4 overall. M5 is special. I'll back that up with data at some point when inventory is replenished.

I'm unsubscribing...don't need to see m5 special data...and spend $550 special dollars

That will be in its own thread. And $550? The last one I saw on the bay went for $1499!! I should also add, not many people know this because we don't advertise it, but my boss owns a retail store as well and we can get absolutely anything anyone wants retail, and we always price match non sale prices from legit, non bay, stores.

You must be talking about m5 tour issue...not m5 tour or regular retail m5...
    getitdaily wrote:

TollBros wrote:

getitdaily wrote:

TollBros wrote:

boycer11 wrote:

You must be talking about m5 tour issue...not m5 tour or regular retail m5...

Yes. $1500 for a single head was a little mind boggling. I don't even think I could tell someone a price that high without being embarrassed by it.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • jetmech879jetmech879 Advanced Members Posts: 1,168 ✭✭
    The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards😉
    Tmag M4 8.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 130 70TX
    Tmag M1 16° 3HL Aldila ATX Tour Green 85X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-hi 18° Aldila Tour 115
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-PW PX 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F PX6.5, 54S,59D PX6.0
    Mizuno MP-A308 or Odyssey O-works T3 black
    Titleist 2019 Pro-V1X
  • nphamnpham Advanced Members Posts: 611
    jetmech879 wrote:

The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards��
    A good club ho would buy and test 3/4 driver shafts combos and then going back to your original gamer!
    Taylormade M1 460 Tour Issue 11.2°(7g hot melt) Kuro Kage TS Proto
    Titleist 913 FD D+ X Flex
    Titleist 913 HD D+ X Flex
    Mizuno 900 Tours w/ Nippon 125X's
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fourteen RM-22 Tour Raw 50.07/54.08/58.12 Black Onyx X100's[/font]
    Scotty Cameron Tour Squareback+
    edited February 9
    jetmech879 wrote:

The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards😉

If your launch and spin are right in the optimal window, that's what's most important. The M5 somehow is Launching higher and spinning less than anything in the previous line as well as producing fantastic speed numbers, but when push comes to shove I'll take ideal launch and spin over more ball speed. Of course having all of them is really the goal. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> M4 is a fantastic driver and when dialed in, it's very hard to beat.

• manima1manima1 Advanced Members Posts: 676 ✭✭
    jetmech879 wrote:

The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards��

Those are my thoughts exactly on my TI 16M2. Here in Chicago, it's "simulator golf" season which means a lot of time in front of a GCQuad. Ballspeed, spin, launch angle are all pretty much ideal for me with this head. I bring some speed but still am "only" a 110 guy on average, but routinely see 165+ ballspeed and it's got to be a pretty poor strike to see spin ever get out of control.

Almost more impressive is seeing my TI DF 16M2HL producing 162 ballspeed off of the mat at 16.8 degrees of loft. Baffled how a 4W lofted head can come near to matching ballspeed of a driver head with 8 degrees of face loft.
    '16 M2 8.5 tour issued - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx tipped 1"
    '16 M2HL 16.8 tour issued deep faced - Fujikura 8.3 TS
    zU45 18 degree - S400
    z745 4-9 - S400
    SM6 46.08F - S400 Chrome
    SM6 50.08F - S400 Steel Gray
    SM7 54.10S - S400 Raw
    SM5 60.08M - Wedge Flex Raw Black
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-line
  • ignitewvuignitewvu Advanced Members Posts: 2,025 ✭✭
    manima1 wrote:

jetmech879 wrote:

Those are my thoughts exactly on my TI 16M2. Here in Chicago, it's "simulator golf" season which means a lot of time in front of a GCQuad. Ballspeed, spin, launch angle are all pretty much ideal for me with this head. I bring some speed but still am "only" a 110 guy on average, but routinely see 165+ ballspeed and it's got to be a pretty poor strike to see spin ever get out of control.

Almost more impressive is seeing my TI DF 16M2HL producing 162 ballspeed off of the mat at 16.8 degrees of loft. Baffled how a 4W lofted head can come near to matching ballspeed of a driver head with 8 degrees of face loft.

The M4 when weighted correctly is just a fairway finding MACHINE!!! I found the retail heads came in a couple grams light.....3-4 grams of hotmelt in the back made a HUGE difference. Point and shoot golf with that club.
    M5 9.5 Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 6 Stiff
    M3 15 3 Wood Mitsubishi Tensei AV 75 Stiff
    M1 19 Hybrid Matrix Fujikura Atmos Blue 80HB Stiff
    M1 4i @ 39" KBS Tour 105
    Bridgestone J15DPF 5-PW DG Pro S300
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 & 60 DGS200
    Odyessey Exo 7 34"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    manima1 wrote:

jetmech879 wrote:

Launch and spin are most important without question. Never give away ideal launch conditions to chase ball speed. There isn't enough speed to be had to make it worth it. I'm still playing my 2016 M2 and M2 tour deep face as well. That year's M2 lineup is just extremely hard to beat. If you need very very low spin, M5 is going to be a god send when set up correctly, but If you've got a 2016 M2, M3 or M4, and your launch parameters are ideal, stick with it.

• andfriandfri Advanced Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    I know I have asked this already. But does someone know why M4 Tour Fairway was not used from Tour players and only standard M4 Fairway were in play?

In the past the M2 Tour Fairway received a lot of love, but not M4 Tour...
  • PepsiDuckPepsiDuck Advanced Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭
    andfri wrote:

I know I have asked this already. But does someone know why M4 Tour Fairway was not used from Tour players and only standard M4 Fairway were in play?

I didn't even know there was an M4 Tour....
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) 10.5* - Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) Tour 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 X
    Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
    Miura CB57 4-P - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Miura Series 1957 Wedges - 51* (Y), 56* (K) - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    andfri wrote:

The sole from the DF or "tour" head in the 2017 M2 and M4 both deviated from the 2016 deep face tour head. The one that everyone was playing. The 2016 head has a flatter leading edge and the 2017 model as well as m4 has more of a spoony, rounded sole from heel to toe. I just don't think the players seem to like that type of sole as much as the flatter sole and more uniform leading edge. It kind of reminds me of way back when the 200 series Taylormade woods were out and there was a flat sole version and a round sole version. The round sole was very popular with the ams but the tour players almost universally played the flatter sole version. The same holds true now.

• andfriandfri Advanced Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited February 12
    Hi TollBros,

I consolidated the Trackman data from the four (4) different players.

Great Testing Series. Great Data. Clear Tendencies. Thank you.

Do you also have the average Angle of Attack for each player available? Would be also very interesting to assess launch angle and spin better.

The clear winner based on Data is M4 2018 slightly before M2 2016.

Andreas
    andfri wrote:

Hi TollBros,

I consolidated the Trackman data from the four (4) different players.

Great Testing Series. Great Data. Clear Tendencies. Thank you.

Do you also have the average Angle of Attack for each player available? Would be also very interesting to assess launch angle and spin better.

The clear winner based on Data is M4 2018 slightly before M2 2016.

Andreas

That's some good work there! We collect all data. Path, AOA, dispersion, etc. We just don't give that info out, because we use it to create profiles that we use as a tool to help fit our customers. Giving that info out would help lazy club fitters who don't want to do their own testing and data collection, and just want to take others hard work for their own benefit. In other words, it would give our competition access to the reasons we are so accurate when it comes to fitting and identifying what profiles work best for certain types of swings at certain speeds. Hopefully that doesn't come off as rude, it's just the honest truth.

• bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,133 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:

110mph data up.

What altitude are you located?
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 440 9.5* tour w/Speeder 757 Evo ii X<br />Taylormade M1 (2017) 3 wood w/Aldila Tour Blue 75x<br />Mizuno MP18 flihi 3 iron <br />Mizuno MP18 SC 4-pw KBS Tour<br />Taylormade High Toe 52/58 wedges <br />Scotty Cameron 5.5m
    bogeypro wrote:

TollBros wrote:

110mph data up.

What altitude are you located?

500 feet above sea level.

• Rosco1216Rosco1216 Advanced Members Posts: 2,974 ✭✭
    edited February 26
    A lot of people have been asking me what beat out my 7* g400max tour head and F9...well, here it is. I played m3 last year but cracked 3 different retail heads in less than 50 hits. These were retail heads so they were replaced each time but as you can imagine it got annoying to finally get a head dialed in and then starting all over. So I went away from TM with the g400max and f9 but I could never get consistent with either. Hopefully the stronger titanium and materials in the tour head will hold up for me.

What is it about the m3?

1) Top line graphics and alignment. I need a color contrast between face and top line color. Every time I try something else I struggle getting the club face lined up.

2) Specific specs. I need low loft AND an open face angle of 3-4* so I have this set at approximately 3.5* open with 7g of melt forward and toe side.

3) Adjustability. I don’t get to play often enough to always have my driver swing consistent. I may go 2 weeks without hitting it and at my speed, any small change in path or face angle can have a large directional impact. So being able to adjust a little too much of fade or draw bias gives me confidence.

Bottom line I’m so much more consistent and I am able to play a fade again. I can line up at the left 1/3 of the fairway and fully release it. If I over cook it at all it will only draw 3-5 yards and end up in the left intermediate. If I time it wrong and don’t shut the face quick enough and end up with a hard cut, the ball is still in the right intermediate cut. Each of those misses are extremely rare for me.

With the ping and f9 I couldn’t get my start line consistent and I either over hook it or push fade. They are both great drivers but just not a good fit for what I like to do off the tee.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
    Rosco1216 wrote:

A lot of people have been asking me what beat out my 7* g400max tour head and F9...well, here it is. I played m3 last hear but cracked 3 different retail heads in less than 50 hits. These were retail heads so they were replaced each time but as you can imagine it was got annoying to finally get a head dialed in and then starting all over. So I went away from TM with the g400max and f9 but I could never get consistent with either. Hopefully the stronger titanium and materials in the tour head will hold up for me.

What is it about the m3?

1) Top line graphics and alignment. I need a color contrast between face and top line color. Every time I try something else I struggle getting the club face lined up.

2) Specific specs. I need low loft AND an open face angle of 3-4* so I have this set at approximately 3.5* open with 7g of melt forward and toe side.

3) Adjustability. I don’t get to play often enough to always have my driver swing consistent. I may go 2 weeks without hitting it and at my speed, any degree change in delivered face angle to path will have a huge directional impact. So being able to adjust a little too much of fade or draw bias gives me confidence.

Bottom line I’m so much more consistent and I am able to play a fade again. I can line up at the left 1/3 of the fairway and fully release it. If I over cook it at all it will only draw 3-5 reads and end up in the left intermediate. If Itime it wrong and don’t shut the face quick enough and end up with a hard cut, the ball is still in the right intermediate cut. Each of those misses are extremely rare for me.

With the ping and f9 I couldn’t get my start line consistent and I either over hook it or push fade. They are both great drivers but just not a good fit for what I like to do off the tee.

I've got something you need to try in it.

TollBros wrote:

Rosco1216 wrote:

A lot of people have been asking me what beat out my 7* g400max tour head and F9...well, here it is. I played m3 last hear but cracked 3 different retail heads in less than 50 hits. These were retail heads so they were replaced each time but as you can imagine it was got annoying to finally get a head dialed in and then starting all over. So I went away from TM with the g400max and f9 but I could never get consistent with either. Hopefully the stronger titanium and materials in the tour head will hold up for me.

What is it about the m3?

3) Adjustability. I don’t get to play often enough to always have my driver swing consistent. I may go 2 weeks without hitting it and at my speed, any degree change in delivered face angle to path will have a huge directional impact. So being able to adjust a little too much of fade or draw bias gives me confidence.

Bottom line I’m so much more consistent and I am able to play a fade again. I can line up at the left 1/3 of the fairway and fully release it. If I over cook it at all it will only draw 3-5 reads and end up in the left intermediate. If Itime it wrong and don’t shut the face quick enough and end up with a hard cut, the ball is still in the right intermediate cut. Each of those misses are extremely rare for me.

FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

TollBros wrote:

Rosco1216 wrote:

What is it about the m3?

Oh I bet you do!
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

• Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 699 ClubWRX
    Rosco1216 wrote:

A lot of people have been asking me what beat out my 7* g400max tour head and F9...

I noticed, and was going to ask. Thanks for the update. Always interested to hear what you big hitters are wielding.
    Currently bagged:
    ==============
    Driver: PXG 0811X Gen2 @ 10.5º w/ Aldila ATX Green Proto 65TX
    Fairway : Callaway Epic Flash SZ @ 15º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 75
    2H : Ping G410 @ 17º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 85
    3H : Titleist 818 H2 @ 20º w/ Atmos HB Tour Spec 8S
    Irons : TBD
    Gap Wedge : Nike Engage Square 54º
    Lob Wedge : Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Oil can 60º
    Putter : Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

Competition:
    ==========
    Fairways: F9 Tour, Epic Flash SZ, M5 Titanium
    Hybrids: 818 H2, G410
    Irons: 785's, P760's, '19 Apex Pro, Hot Metal Pro, 699's

Rosco1216 wrote:

A lot of people have been asking me what beat out my 7* g400max tour head and F9...

I noticed, and was going to ask. Thanks for the update. Always interested to hear what you big hitters are wielding.

A lot of us really need very specific loft and face angles, and these days Taylormade is the only company left making heads in all lofts without this "one loft" nonsense everyone else seems to be into. It makes the choice easy, but it's also nice that the company that does this happens to make the best drivers in the world. Thank God.

• Kale_mKale_m Advanced Members Posts: 1,627 ✭✭
    I play the G400 lst now but have a Tm fitting on Sunday.

Will see if the Tm heads fix a potential spin problem or if it is just me that needs fixing... the m3 could be a contender
    Taylormade M4 9.5 (set to 7.5) Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    3w — undecided
    Taylormade 790 UDI 2 iron Tensei Pro White 90tx
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Tm milled grind 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 35” navy with true path alignment
    Kale_m wrote:

I play the G400 lst now but have a Tm fitting on Sunday.

Will see if the Tm heads fix a potential spin problem or if it is just me that needs fixing... the m3 could be a contender

Have the actual face loft measured on both heads just so you know what you're dealing with. If you don't, one could be a degree or more off the other and you won't really know.

• Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Advanced Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    How many more sleeps until the M5/M6 data, TB? 🙃
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage DC XT 70TX
    Titleist 915h 2H Veylix Rome X
    Taylormade P790 3i Nippon Modus 120x
    Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46* & 50* Nippon Modus 120x
    Cleveland RTX4 54* Mid & 58* Mid TT TI s400
    Toulon Atlanta
    Taylormade TP5
  • cardozacardoza Advanced Members Posts: 1,181 ✭✭
    Breezy-3- wrote:

How many more sleeps until the M5/M6 data, TB? &#55357;&#56899;

I would think M5/6 tour issue heads won't be much different from retail in regards to ball speed and smash factor. Only benefit I could see now to a TI head is getting a specific loft or face angle. Or speed injection is a gimmick.
    Titleist TS3 8.5* - Matrix MFS Black Tie 70X
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 13.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 83X
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 18* - Accra 380 M5
    Miura 501CB 3-PW - KBS Tour 130X
    Callaway MD4 52* W Grind and 58* X Grind - DG X100
    Byron Morgan 612 35"
    cardoza wrote:

Breezy-3- wrote:

How many more sleeps until the M5/M6 data, TB? ��

I would think M5/6 tour issue heads won't be much different from retail in regards to ball speed and smash factor. Only benefit I could see now to a TI head is getting a specific loft or face angle. Or speed injection is a gimmick.

They’ve never been different in regards to ball speed and smash factor. The entire point of tour issue heads is to get the exact specs you want.
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

• cardozacardoza Advanced Members Posts: 1,181 ✭✭
    Rosco1216 wrote:

cardoza wrote:

Breezy-3- wrote:

They've never been different in regards to ball speed and smash factor. The entire point of tour issue heads is to get the exact specs you want.

It also allowed you to verify that your head was not a "dud" through CT verification.
    Titleist TS3 8.5* - Matrix MFS Black Tie 70X
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 13.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 83X
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 18* - Accra 380 M5
    Miura 501CB 3-PW - KBS Tour 130X
    Callaway MD4 52* W Grind and 58* X Grind - DG X100
    Byron Morgan 612 35"
    Rosco1216 wrote:

cardoza wrote:

Breezy-3- wrote:

They’ve never been different in regards to ball speed and smash factor. The entire point of tour issue heads is to get the exact specs you want.

Yes exactly. Making sure your specs are right on is massively more important than a yard of carry distance based on a CT reading. It's all about maximizing launch and spin with a correct face angle for the player.

• pinhigh27pinhigh27 Advanced Members Posts: 9,570 ✭✭
    cardoza wrote:

Rosco1216 wrote:

cardoza wrote:

Breezy-3- wrote:

They've never been different in regards to ball speed and smash factor. The entire point of tour issue heads is to get the exact specs you want.

It also allowed you to verify that your head was not a "dud" through CT verification.

With the difference between a dud and non dud being literally 1-2 yards at absolute most
    How to be in better shape for golf?
    Become a better athlete.
    Don't worry about golf specific.
    Compound lifts w/ linear progress
    Don't forget the mobility work.
    More results, more functional

Spin is not your enemy, everything is a trade-off.
    17 * 1700 goes really far, but doesn't go very straight or consistent
    8* 3500 goes really straight, but doesn't go very far
    Answer for most is somewhere in the middle.
    Pga tour driver avg launch conditions: 11* 2700
    edited February 28
    pinhigh27 wrote:

cardoza wrote:

Rosco1216 wrote:

cardoza wrote:

Breezy-3- wrote:

With the difference between a dud and non dud being literally 1-2 yards at absolute most

Yes pretty much. The difference between a 239 and 254 CT is maybe 2 yards. 99% of the Tour heads I see are in the 244-252 range. The one I personally play is 247CT and I have never once cared or thought about it.

• AC168AC168 Advanced Members Posts: 819 ✭✭
    edited February 28
    Years ago a major manufacturer ordered a line of their drivers with specifications not to exceed 0.83 COR. I played their drivers for a long time before that and swore I lost 5-6 yards and had no idea why until I played with their COO who told me about their “issue”. Lots of duds in that line.

Maybe worth it to pay up to know your CT is at least 239.
    AC168 wrote:

Years ago a major manufacturer ordered a line of their drivers with specifications not to exceed 0.83 COR. I played their drivers for a long time before that and swore I lost 5-6 yards and had no idea why until I played with their COO who told me about their “issue”. Lots of duds in that line.

Maybe worth it to pay up to know your CT is at least 239.

I think the thing that a lot of people disregard is the fact that all of these companies have specific patents on their face technology. Some of these produce higher off center ball speeds, and not so long ago higher center strike ball speeds. There is absolutely no question that seven or eight years ago certain companies were simply not able to make drivers with the ball speeds of other companies based on face technology alone. These days the Gap has certainly narrowed, but make no mistake certain face technologies are more efficient than others, and those are completely brand dependent.

• Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Advanced Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

How many more sleeps until the M5/M6 data, TB? 🙃
    oh wow, I don’t know how I missed that! I know you get peppered with a lot of questions about “When will you post about...” and that takes care of that haha. Thanks TB!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1747862-gge-content-schedule-2019-through-april/page__pid__18691324#entry18691324
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage DC XT 70TX
    Titleist 915h 2H Veylix Rome X
    Taylormade P790 3i Nippon Modus 120x
    Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46* & 50* Nippon Modus 120x
    Cleveland RTX4 54* Mid & 58* Mid TT TI s400
    Toulon Atlanta
    Taylormade TP5

wow, I don’t know how I missed that! I know you get peppered with a lot of questions about “When will you post about...” and that takes care of that haha. Thanks TB!

Honestly I think everyone missed it. Haha. It just gives me something to reference when questions are asked more than anything.

Current shafts for my m3 tour head I got from from JT and GGE. The head was the 5th item I have purchased from them over the past 2 years and will certainly continue to do so. All items you see here have been from them. I’m excited to see what the green proto will do in the m3. I played the DF in a retail m3(well 3 of them) last fall so I am very comfortable with that combo. FWIW I didn’t get along with the DF in the other heads I tried(F9 and 7* g400max tour head) but the green proto was noticeably better pariring with those mid spin heads. I may have to adjust loft a little given how much lower spin the green is but I’m excited to see what the differences are.
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

Rosco1216 wrote:

Current shafts for my m3 tour head I got from from JT and GGE. The head was the 5th item I have purchased from them over the past 2 years and will certainly continue to do so. All items you see here have been from them. I’m excited to see what the green proto will do in the m3. I played the DF in a retail m3(well 3 of them) last fall so I am very comfortable with that combo. FWIW I didn’t get along with the DF in the other heads I tried(F9 and 7* g400max tour head) but the green proto was noticeably better pariring with those mid spin heads. I may have to adjust loft a little given how much lower spin the green is but I’m excited to see what the differences are.

When you know, please let us know how the green works for you in the M3 head. It wad the exact combo I was very close to playing until the M5 came and changed things for me. I still have that club perfectly set up for me and will be holding on to it. It was every bit as good as my 2016 M2 and a little more predictable with the flight.

TollBros wrote:

Rosco1216 wrote:

When you know, please let us know how the green works for you in the M3 head. It wad the exact combo I was very close to playing until the M5 came and changed things for me. I still have that club perfectly set up for me and will be holding on to it. It was every bit as good as my 2016 M2 and a little more predictable with the flight.

Certainly will once I get an opportunity to. Weather shows a warming trend this week and then daylight savings so I should have the opportunity soon.
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

Rosco1216 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Rosco1216 wrote:

Current shafts for my m3 tour head I got from from JT and GGE. The head was the 5th item I have purchased from them over the past 2 years and will certainly continue to do so. All items you see here have been from them. I'm excited to see what the green proto will do in the m3. I played the DF in a retail m3(well 3 of them) last fall so I am very comfortable with that combo. FWIW I didn't get along with the DF in the other heads I tried(F9 and 7* g400max tour head) but the green proto was noticeably better pariring with those mid spin heads. I may have to adjust loft a little given how much lower spin the green is but I'm excited to see what the differences are.

Certainly will once I get an opportunity to. Weather shows a warming trend this week and then daylight savings so I should have the opportunity soon.

It was -6 here this morning, so hopefully you'll see temps at least 50 degrees above us. image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

edited March 4
    👍
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

Rosco1216 wrote:

&#55357;&#56397;

Hey I see some 50's and 60's in there. It will be April before we sniff that!

Well tomorrow is a big day. Going to be 60* + so I’ll be out on the course. I have my diamana DF and atx green ready to go and I just got a dozen of the new srixon xv and Bstone Tour B X. The reason it’s a big day is because I’m going to make a decision between those 2 driver shafts.

This really only means that the loser will be sold to help fund a new 130 rogue white to try. Seeing as though I’m between jobs currently and I have a golf trip in a couple of weeks, I can’t justify the purchase of a new rogue white. But that doesn’t mean I can’t unload of items to fund it, right?
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

Rosco1216 wrote:

Well tomorrow is a big day. Going to be 60* + so I’ll be out on the course. I have my diamana DF and atx green ready to go and I just got a dozen of the new srixon xv and Bstone Tour B X. The reason it’s a big day is because I’m going to make a decision between those 2 driver shafts.

This really only means that the loser will be sold to help fund a new 130 rogue white to try. Seeing as though I’m between jobs currently and I have a golf trip in a couple of weeks, I can’t justify the purchase of a new rogue white. But that doesn’t mean I can’t unload of items to fund it, right?

Interested to hear it. I think M3 is a massively underrated driver, and honestly a better fit for most players than any of the M1 heads.

edited March 10
    Got on FlightScope X3 today. Here’s my last one from today with the m3/DF 70tx combo. Could cut spin a little as my average launch was 12.5 and spin was 2700-2900.
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

• scojoscojo Advanced Members Posts: 85 ✭✭
    After 50 plus balls on FlightScope X2 I averaged 130 club speed. 190 ball speed. But my launch is at 15 degrees with 2900 spin. I’m playing a Tour Issue M4 8.1 degrees turned all the way down with Kuro Kage XD 70 tipped 1 1/2. How should I get down to 12-13 and 2200 spin?
  • pinhigh27pinhigh27 Advanced Members Posts: 9,570 ✭✭
    scojo wrote:

After 50 plus balls on FlightScope X2 I averaged 130 club speed. 190 ball speed. But my launch is at 15 degrees with 2900 spin. I'm playing a Tour Issue M4 8.1 degrees turned all the way down with Kuro Kage XD 70 tipped 1 1/2. How should I get down to 12-13 and 2200 spin?

how are you launching a head at effectively 7 degrees at 15?

but I guess answer is less loft
    How to be in better shape for golf?
    Become a better athlete.
    Don't worry about golf specific.
    Compound lifts w/ linear progress
    Don't forget the mobility work.
    More results, more functional

Spin is not your enemy, everything is a trade-off.
    17 * 1700 goes really far, but doesn't go very straight or consistent
    8* 3500 goes really straight, but doesn't go very far
    Answer for most is somewhere in the middle.
    Pga tour driver avg launch conditions: 11* 2700
    scojo wrote:

After 50 plus balls on FlightScope X2 I averaged 130 club speed. 190 ball speed. But my launch is at 15 degrees with 2900 spin. I’m playing a Tour Issue M4 8.1 degrees turned all the way down with Kuro Kage XD 70 tipped 1 1/2. How should I get down to 12-13 and 2200 spin?

Deliver about 2-3* less dynamic loft at impact.
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

Rosco1216 wrote:

Got on FlightScope X3 today. Here's my last one from today with the m3/DF 70tx combo. Could cut spin a little as my average launch was 12.5 and spin was 2700-2900.

I'm interested to see what the other 2 shafts do for you.

edited March 10
    scojo wrote:

After 50 plus balls on FlightScope X2 I averaged 130 club speed. 190 ball speed. But my launch is at 15 degrees with 2900 spin. I'm playing a Tour Issue M4 8.1 degrees turned all the way down with Kuro Kage XD 70 tipped 1 1/2. How should I get down to 12-13 and 2200 spin?

That's why I've played my 2016 M2 at 6.9 loft on the face, with Synergy Black, the lowest spin shaft I could find. I'd say barring a swing change, you need less loft and a lower launch profile. Aldila Rogue 130 Silver might be an option to help with some of it.