Callaway Rogue X - Authentic?

snapiersnapier Members Posts: 794 ✭✭
Take look at the two wedges in the photos, the first two photos are of the face and back of a Rogue X GW. The second pair of photos are of a Rogue X AW. There are subtle differences between the two pairs. Any reason to believe either pair is not authentic?

Rogue X GW

Comments

• AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX Posts: 1,473 ClubWRX
    The AW looks suspicious. Same set? Where did you buy it from?
  • snapiersnapier Members Posts: 794 ✭✭
    Both were purchased on eBay, the AW part of a set, the GW separately. I agree the AW looks suspect
  • dubogeydubogey Members Posts: 500 ✭✭
    why would there be AW and GW? the set has one or the other not both. AW is 100% fake
    The Rogue X line offers a 46 degree AW as well as a 51 degree GW
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,391 ✭✭
    Sorry but they both look so fake. The words Rogue and Callaway are very poor quality and Cup 360 doesn't look any better.

Rogue-x-iron-web.jpg

TAYLORMADE M3 RIP'D X 6.5
    COBRA F8 19* HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    CALLAWAY XR PRO 23* PX 6.0
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S TITLEIST SM6 52, 24, 56
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2018 NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5
    TITLEIST TOUR BAG

• Did you ever find out about your irons? Makes you hesitant to buy from anybody with this kind of activity going on.
    edited Jan 17, 2019 1:37pm #8

Did you ever find out about your irons? Makes you hesitant to buy from anybody with this kind of activity going on.

Nearly 100% certain the irons purchased on eBay are fake. Seller accepted return with full refund. The same seller sold multiples of the same set.

Here is the eBay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-Callaway-Rogue-X-Irons-True-Temper-R300-Regular-Flex-Steel-Shafts-4-SW/223243713452?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649
  • If it is a know fake, how is Ebay still letting him sell? Did you report it to them?

If it is a know fake, how is Ebay still letting him sell? Did you report it to them?

No, the return was handled without eBay involvement
  • DloSDloS Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    AW looks fake
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S
    Callaway XR 3W w/ Diamana Kai'li 70S
    Titleist 816 H1 21* w/ Oban Revenge Hybrid 85 04
    Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW, 48* w/ Aerotech Players Spec AMI99
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*S/58*K w/ KBS 610 S
    Odyssey O-Works 3T[/font]
  • DloSDloS Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    DloS wrote:
    AW looks fake

"CUP 360" on the AW looks like garbage. The GW has the swirls where "Callaway" is on the toe, whereas the AW doesn't.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S
    Callaway XR 3W w/ Diamana Kai'li 70S
    Titleist 816 H1 21* w/ Oban Revenge Hybrid 85 04
    Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW, 48* w/ Aerotech Players Spec AMI99
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*S/58*K w/ KBS 610 S
    Odyssey O-Works 3T[/font]
    DloS wrote:

DloS wrote:
    AW looks fake

"CUP 360" on the AW looks like garbage. The GW has the swirls where "Callaway" is on the toe, whereas the AW doesn't.

You’re right. I compared the irons I received to an on-shelf set at PGA Superstore and differences were obvious. I suspected these could be fakes before purchasing but I was up against an expiration deadline for 15% off. Otherwise I would not have purchased