Garage Toulon vs OTR Toulon

RodrigoNicelyRodrigoNicely Members Posts: 703 ✭✭
Wanted a Atlanta with sight line on the top line instead of the flange. Finish really can stay the same and maybe I get a blue grip instead of stock grip. Do you guys feel it’s worth it to go the garage route as opposed to saving a little coin and stick with the OTR model.

Comments

• taylormade4lifetaylormade4life Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭
    That’s something each person has to judge for themselves. I was very fortunate to find an exact Memphis, copper, no sight line, and heavier sole plate in the used rack. I saved about $100 on the OTR price and built one online to see what it would have ran me.

At the end of the day, I personally wouldn’t have paid for the garage experience to build it, but that’s because I tend to change putters. I can’t justify investing 5-700 and then selling it for 300 a few weeks later. If you have stuck with one style for a long while and want something truly custom, I think it’s definitely worth it.

If I could ever settle on one I would likely try to do a fitting at one of the company studios though.
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    That’s up to the purchaser. You aren’t getting a better putter by going garage but you do get what you want.
  • MCCAMCCA Members Posts: 2,860 ✭✭
    I was in the same boat then decided to get a like new one from CPO. to me other than some custom stamping's & paint schemes i could not justify the cost difference considering it's the same Milled 303 ss.
  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 748 ✭✭

Wanted a Atlanta with sight line on the top line instead of the flange. Finish really can stay the same and maybe I get a blue grip instead of stock grip. Do you guys feel it's worth it to go the garage route as opposed to saving a little coin and stick with the OTR model.

You aren't going to get an Atlanta with no flange line any other way (Aside from Secondhand). To me the garage is worth it, as I have no interest in putters with flange lines.
    Mizuno MP Type 2 - ADTP 6s
    Taylormade M2 - ADDI 7s
    FLY-Z XL 19 - Attas 105HS
    FLY-Z XL 22 - Attas 105HS
    Ping G30 5-GW
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on rotation
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,686 ✭✭
    Garage putter is built by the same guys who make the tour putters.

Retail is made in Mexico at a Callaway facility.
  • Canoe PaddlerCanoe Paddler Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the Garage offers customization that isn’t specified on their website or is it pretty limited?
  • Canoe PaddlerCanoe Paddler Posts: 187 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the Garage offers customization that isn’t specified on their website or is it pretty limited?

Actually, I can answer my own question on this one. I called Callaway and was told that you cannot customize beyond what is on the website. Bummer.
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,615 ✭✭
    It's your money...spend it how ya want!
    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Rogue 4 wd. Atmos Blue TS 7 
    G 410 19* Tour 85
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s (In Play) / Srixon Z765 6-GW Modus 105s (Standing By)
    MackDaddy4 Black 54 S and RTX 3 Raw 58* 
     Bettinardi '16 BB1 / '16 Bettinardi Tiki /  '17 Studio Stock 8
    Chrome Soft / TP5/ Wilson Staff FG Tour
  • MCCAMCCA Members Posts: 2,860 ✭✭
    I made the right decision love my San Diego from CPO, folks do your research:)
  • jah7838jah7838 Members Posts: 1,014 ✭✭
    If you really want a specific site line, then to me, it's worth the extra money. I like my site line on the topline of the putter, vs the flange, so I ordered my current putter with the site line how I like it. If I end up getting a Toulon, depending on the headshape I decide on, I might have to go through the Garage to get it, but I'll at least be 100% happy with it.
    WITB
    Driver: 9.5* M3 Attas Elements MK 7s
    Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler set to 16* with Nventix Nunchuk
    Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Black Tie 95g S / 18.5* RBZ Stage 2 S300, 23* Adams Super 9031 S300
    Irons: 5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
    Wedges: 50*& 54* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounce, 58* Mid RTX 4. All wedges have DGTI S400
    Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish