Courses near Atlantic City

NotYourAverageGolferNotYourAverageGolfer Enjoying the game, one swing at a timeMembers Posts: 21 ✭✭
For my fellow New Jerseyians and out-of-town folks who have been to Atlantic City and played golf, what is your favorite course you've played in that area? For me, nothing beats Seaview's Bay Course where they host the LPGA Shoprite Classic, especially with the sun rising in the morning. But I also got to play Atlantic City Country Club this past year and loved it as well. I'd love to hear everyone's favorite course in the area.

Comments

  • Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members Posts: 1,640 ✭✭
    Other than ACCC and Seaview Bay, I like Ballamor.
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,916 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #3
    Twisted Dune is a great track. Not a bad hole on the course in my opinion.



    If you include Private's, Hidden Creek is a gem and the Union League is dumping a TON of money into the old Sand Barrens, now Union League National. I played over there a couple of months ago and the amount of work they are doing down there is incredible. Should be pretty cool by the time it's all said and done.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • cma8516cma8516 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    I'm not big on Seaview Bay -- but probably because i had a horrible experience there with a 3 hour front nine. I played the Pines and actually liked it better.



    I'd echo what others have said -- you cannot go wrong with ACCC or Ballamor. Harbor Pines is not bad if all the other courses are jammed up with tee times.



    Hidden Creek if you can get on there is great.
  • NJPhilNJPhil Members Posts: 155 ✭✭


    Other than ACCC and Seaview Bay, I like Ballamor.




    I agree, really like Ballamor.
    Ping G400 LST 10° w/ HZRDUS Smoke 60
    Titleist TS2 3W 15° w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70
    Ping G30 3H 19° w/ TFC 419H
    Taylormade P790 4i-AW w/ SteelFiber i110
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 54.14F w/ SteelFiber i125
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 58.08M w/ SteelFiber i125
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
  • Redstorm2011Redstorm2011 NYC/NJMembers Posts: 541 ✭✭
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #6
    Ive played all the public. AC Country Club and Seaview Bay are the best, followed by Shore Gate and Ballamor.



    There are a couple of fun tracks but conditions have deteriorated over the last couple years. This includes Twisted Dune, Renault Vineyards and Blue Heron.



    Harbor Pines, Seaview Pines and McCulloughs aren€™t bad options either if any of the top 4 mentioned above are booked up.
    Callaway Great Big Bertha | Srixon Z-Star | Ping G25 | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged | Titleist Vokey SM5 | Studio Select Newport
  • golfsnakegolfsnake Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Ballamor is my fav...
    Hammer X 9* Driver
    Custom Zolex Irons
    Dr. Knockdown Wedges
    Dr. Feelgood Zero Latitude Putter
  • Dgott0502Dgott0502 Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Ballamor for sure
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,753 ✭✭
    Drudersh wrote:


    the Union League is dumping a TON of money into the old Sand Barrens, now Union League National. I played over there a couple of months ago and the amount of work they are doing down there is incredible. Should be pretty cool by the time it's all said and done.




    ...And that was a couple months ago. The South/Sherman nine is under serious construction right now, with a ton of trees down, earth moved, and major changes to a few of the holes so far. The whole course was much improved this past year, but it's going to pretty special next summer (and still won't even be completed by then).
  • cma8516cma8516 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Hidden Creek was just bought by the dormie network -- curious to see how that will change things and what membership costs would be.
  • buckrogers71buckrogers71 Members Posts: 278 ✭✭
    KMeloney wrote:

    Drudersh wrote:


    the Union League is dumping a TON of money into the old Sand Barrens, now Union League National. I played over there a couple of months ago and the amount of work they are doing down there is incredible. Should be pretty cool by the time it's all said and done.




    ...And that was a couple months ago. The South/Sherman nine is under serious construction right now, with a ton of trees down, earth moved, and major changes to a few of the holes so far. The whole course was much improved this past year, but it's going to pretty special next summer (and still won't even be completed by then).




    Played there this year right before they shut down. I'd love to get a look at it after the renos have been completed.

    If you can get on Galloway National thats a gem as is Stone Harbor CC

    Public: Twisted Dune, Ballamor, Shore Gate, Seaview Bay/ Pines then probably [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]McCullough’s[/color], and a smattering of other places.
  • spineshankspineshank Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 516 ✭✭
    Its been a long time since ive played it but Bringantine Beach i really liked.
    Ping G400 LST 10*
    Taylormade M2 15*
    Callaway Apex 18*
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4-PW
    Callaway MD4 50* | 54* | 58*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  •  bnr204 bnr204 Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    i like seaview pines 2nd to AC CC, but i'd rather play hidden creek or galloway nat'l over both if you can get on. another one worth checking out if you can get on is Linwood CC. really all comes down to what you value in terms of pace of play, conditions, round price etc.
  • ORTORT Members Posts: 143 ✭✭




    Played there this year right before they shut down. I'd love to get a look at it after the renos have been completed.

    If you can get on Galloway National thats a gem as is Stone Harbor CC

    Public: Twisted Dune, Ballamor, Shore Gate, Seaview Bay/ Pines then probably [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]McCullough’s[/color], and a smattering of other places.




    Stone Harbor is a great course down the shore. Challenging enough for every level player but not so hard as to ruin your day (most times).
  • ORTORT Members Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Drudersh wrote:
    Twisted Dune is a great track. Not a bad hole on the course in my opinion.



    If you include Private's, Hidden Creek is a gem and the Union League is dumping a TON of money into the old Sand Barrens, now Union League National. I played over there a couple of months ago and the amount of work they are doing down there is incredible. Should be pretty cool by the time it's all said and done.




    Union league is buying up a lot down there. They bought the Backyard restaurant in stone harbor and turned it into the Bungalow to have their own private restaurant on the island.
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,753 ✭✭
    ORT wrote:


    Stone Harbor is a great course down the shore. Challenging enough for every level player but not so hard as to ruin your day (most times).




    Reeeeeeeally disagree with this assessment. Unless they've bulldozed most of the holes in the last 3 years (the last time I played it), I maintain that the course is not great, and it's extremely penal. It's usually in nice shape, and I've played it plenty, but I can't recommend it to anyone.
  • ORTORT Members Posts: 143 ✭✭
    KMeloney wrote:
    ORT wrote:


    Stone Harbor is a great course down the shore. Challenging enough for every level player but not so hard as to ruin your day (most times).




    Reeeeeeeally disagree with this assessment. Unless they've bulldozed most of the holes in the last 3 years (the last time I played it), I maintain that the course is not great, and it's extremely penal. It's usually in nice shape, and I've played it plenty, but I can't recommend it to anyone.




    They actually have bulldozed a lot in the last three years, weird that you picked that amount of time. For instance they got rid of that horrid tee on 17 and made it into a much more reasonable teeing ground.
  • Prof3ssorProf3ssor Hit it, find it, hit it again! Members Posts: 956 ✭✭
    Dgott0502 wrote:


    Ballamor for sure




    Yup, I would have to agree. Best of the bunch that I have played down there.
    Cobra ZL - AD DI
    XTD FW
    XTD Hybrid
    P790 4-GW
    Scratch Wedges
    Cameron Select Newport 2
  • WillMK5WillMK5 Members Posts: 421 ✭✭
    ACCC and Twisted Dunes are my favorite. I also liked Seaview the one time I played it. Sounds like I'm the fool for not playing Ballamor.
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,753 ✭✭
    ORT wrote:

    KMeloney wrote:
    ORT wrote:


    Stone Harbor is a great course down the shore. Challenging enough for every level player but not so hard as to ruin your day (most times).




    Reeeeeeeally disagree with this assessment. Unless they've bulldozed most of the holes in the last 3 years (the last time I played it), I maintain that the course is not great, and it's extremely penal. It's usually in nice shape, and I've played it plenty, but I can't recommend it to anyone.




    They actually have bulldozed a lot in the last three years, weird that you picked that amount of time. For instance they got rid of that horrid tee on 17 and made it into a much more reasonable teeing ground.




    Haha! Timing is everything, huh?



    Thanks for the info. Sounds like I need to check it out again.
  • ORTORT Members Posts: 143 ✭✭
    KMeloney wrote:
    ORT wrote:

    KMeloney wrote:
    ORT wrote:


    Stone Harbor is a great course down the shore. Challenging enough for every level player but not so hard as to ruin your day (most times).




    Reeeeeeeally disagree with this assessment. Unless they've bulldozed most of the holes in the last 3 years (the last time I played it), I maintain that the course is not great, and it's extremely penal. It's usually in nice shape, and I've played it plenty, but I can't recommend it to anyone.




    They actually have bulldozed a lot in the last three years, weird that you picked that amount of time. For instance they got rid of that horrid tee on 17 and made it into a much more reasonable teeing ground.




    Haha! Timing is everything, huh?



    Thanks for the info. Sounds like I need to check it out again.




    Seriously! It is worth another look. They have really improved some areas in the last few years to make it a little more player friendly.
  • trgolfer02trgolfer02 Members Posts: 19
    Atlantic City Country Club is the best public shore course BY FAR. Seaview is in average to bad shape most of the year. The Pines course would be a better course if they maintained it better.
  • Noyes26Noyes26 Members Posts: 1,895 ✭✭
    trgolfer02 wrote:


    Atlantic City Country Club is the best public shore course BY FAR. Seaview is in average to bad shape most of the year. The Pines course would be a better course if they maintained it better.




    It’s almost unplayable 4-5 months of the year with the bugs but if that’s what you’re into.
    PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
    TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
    Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
    Vokey SM7 54, 60
    Few CT's
    WITB Link
  • mkunes01mkunes01 Members Posts: 125 ✭✭
    I guess I'm going to have to try Ballamor after reading this thread. I've been too in love with Twisted Dunes to venture anywhere else.
  • NotYourAverageGolferNotYourAverageGolfer Enjoying the game, one swing at a time Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    mkunes01 wrote:


    I guess I'm going to have to try Ballamor after reading this thread. I've been too in love with Twisted Dunes to venture anywhere else.




    Twisted Dune is definitely always worth whatever I have to pay. I decided to walk Ballamor back in 2017, not realizing it doesn't come back to the clubhouse after 9 holes. Still a pretty sweet day nonetheless.
Sign In or Register to comment.