Steve Stricker testing the New Callaway Flash driver

GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals Posts: 8,263 mod
73cce2e8e650cc1255e7bdf663943a5f.jpg4b28cce99e0eb4b4ee9702b8fbb357a5.jpg3e25b80d3f97c491cea26ed2b9fe0c32.jpgcb2db8cda79ee8691be2a6a9bba64f12.jpgadceb2d81a706d9ce462ea8c678bc851.jpg71815f6472be006c0631cf3ddda6ad53.jpg85cf7fdc4c045178d21ad184ed8c7878.jpg0b23bd3754a33634a687c4aaf027a801.jpg6ee305d97e51372f11aa2b5aef99eafd.jpg7d393aec052ccb41a9160e2c55553140.jpg584769b4ffd22ce1828e7095c405b272.jpg5d9386d969a7df14348d2e1cd215d53d.jpg78216a6975c7289bd3892c5100574162.jpgcf92af472dd017b81bbe984578cc7018.jpg41c416915864a751f4856219079d4da0.jpg4ec8626bb71033295e535837225484c9.jpg6f0ac191497fc3c356b831d611a9b69c.jpgdecbd2ee2dae6a7568fb52ad9a22a010.jpg1c5c3f730f96f6d852d6941007c8a56e.jpgbf933661823e861e60e6c3949cf7a583.jpg8fb49d1fccdf93e3cdf3d839e09d4d02.jpg909ed6ae7a5d005d3dc09883eda09cf3.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,068 ✭✭
    Wierd to see Stricker without a Titleist driver
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Irons TBD
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,237 mod

He has a Titleist driver in play today, was just hitting this on the range

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,279 ✭✭
    Weird to see green grass with no snow on it and trees with leaves.
  • n_ronesn_rones Members Posts: 522 ✭✭
    Wont be getting this but **** that colorway was made for me as a Packers and Oregon ducks fan
    Srixon Z785 9.5° HC HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76
    Srixon F85 15° GD Tour AD DI-6s
    Srixon Z H85 19° Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Srixon Z565 4 KBS Tour FLT S
    Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS Tour R+
    Titleist Vokey SM4 50°
    Titleist Vokey SM4 54°
    Taylormade HI-Toe 58°
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5 Stability Shaft
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,684 ✭✭
    Now that there are better pictures, I actually think the yellow goes well with the green. And, that's coming from a Vikings fan.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,896 ✭✭

Also noticed that after years of being a bit of a FJ poster boy for apparel, he's moved on from that.
  • gripandripgripandrip Members Posts: 980 ✭✭
    Why? With the Rogue supposedly better than the current EPIC (why else would they bring it out... image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' /> ), why bring out another version of the old model? Is the sliding weight in the back that much in demand that they were losing sales with the non-sliding weight Rogue? I've never played a driver with the sliding weight... never saw the need, but that's just me.

I have a older, "inferior" Epic Sub Zero. Wouldn't trade it for a Rogue... I prefer the EPIC SZ.
  • 14mh14mh Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

Now that there are better pictures, I actually think the yellow goes well with the green. And, that's coming from a Vikings fan.

Just think old North Stars colors and you won't have to think it is the team from the other side of the border!
    14mh wrote:

radiman wrote:

Just think old North Stars colors and you won't have to think it is the team from the other side of the border!

Oh man. It's been so long. But, I never thought of it like that!
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,028 ClubWRX
    radiman wrote:

14mh wrote:

radiman wrote:

Oh man. It's been so long. But, I never thought of it like that!

Genius. Still miss them.
    TaylorMade M3 9.5, GD Tour AD GP-6s, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M3 T3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-770 3-4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,215 ✭✭
    ****, just like Kevin Na testing Callaway Flash woods, Stricks with the Flash driver! Callaway getting a lot of love away from Titleist.
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • uscgolfguyuscgolfguy Members Posts: 176
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #13
    n_rones wrote:

Wont be getting this but **** that colorway was made for me as a Packers and Oregon ducks fan

Great job Callaway!!! Nice to see you chose a duck as your inspiration...if your in need of finding the water more often and want to hit more ducks...give the Callaway Flash a try. U-G-L-Y D-U-C-K-L-I-N-G!!!

• Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,504 ✭✭
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,944 ✭✭
    R flex tipped an inch ?

Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,400 ✭✭
    Pics taken down already?
  • 3 Jack Par3 Jack Par I only answer to "Ace" now Members, ClubWRX Posts: 6,081 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 6, 2018 #17
    gripandrip wrote:

Why? With the Rogue supposedly better than the current EPIC (why else would they bring it out... image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' /> ), why bring out another version of the old model? Is the sliding weight in the back that much in demand that they were losing sales with the non-sliding weight Rogue? I've never played a driver with the sliding weight... never saw the need, but that's just me.

I have a older, "inferior" Epic Sub Zero. Wouldn't trade it for a Rogue... I prefer the EPIC SZ.

The idea behind the Flash is more than just adding a sliding weight to an Epic SZ. The big difference is supposed to be the technology in the face. People who have tested it are claiming ~4 mph gains in ball speed. I haven't hit it, so I can't attest to the accuracy of these reports, but I'm interested to try it. Also, unless I'm mistaken, the Rogue line was supposed to be the replacement for the XR line, not the Epic. I believe the retail price for the Epic line wasn't dropped last year when the Rogue was introduced.
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 8*, Aldila Rogue 125 70TX
    Tour issue TaylorMade M2 Tour, 14.9*, Aldila Rogue 125 80TX
    Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Titleist Vokey Forged 52F & 58K, DG S400,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan B-17, 35", Blue Oil
    WITB Link
  • tbone18tbone18 Members Posts: 489 ✭✭
    3 Jack Par wrote:

gripandrip wrote:

The idea behind the Flash is more than just adding a sliding weight to an Epic SZ. The big difference is suppose to be the technology in the face. People who have tested it are claiming ~4 mph gains in ball speed. I haven't hit it, so I can't attest to the accuracy of these reports, but I'm interested to try it. Also, unless I'm mistaken, the Rogue line was supposed to be the replacement for the XR line, not the Epic. I believe the retail price for the Epic line wasn't dropped last year when the Rogue was introduced.
    Rogue was a addition to the product line not a replacement for XR.
    CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 815 HYBRID 20,23 / MATRIX HM3 105
    MIURA CB-1007 5-PW / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
    TAYLORMADE HIGH TOE 50,54,58
    PXG BAT ATTACK BLACK CENTER SHAFT

TESTING IN PROGRESS
    EPIC FLASH SUB ZERO 9* / ALDILA ROGUE SILVER 110 70 X-FLEX
    PING G410 PLUS 9* / PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 75 6.5
    HONMA TW737VN 5-10 / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
  • bama11bama11 JD$ Members Posts: 517 ✭✭
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #19
    From what I can see and have seen, I can deal with the color, bringing the sliding weight back and adding the sliding weight to the SubZero is money!
  • ThreeBoxersThreeBoxers Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    I know color is subjective but ****, black, green and yellow? Yikes.
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,237 mod

Pics taken down already?

Where?

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • Double GeeDouble Gee Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    3 Jack Par wrote:

gripandrip wrote:

The idea behind the Flash is more than just adding a sliding weight to an Epic SZ. The big difference is suppose to be the technology in the face. People who have tested it are claiming ~4 mph gains in ball speed. I haven't hit it, so I can't attest to the accuracy of these reports, but I'm interested to try it. Also, unless I'm mistaken, the Rogue line was supposed to be the replacement for the XR line, not the Epic. I believe the retail price for the Epic line wasn't dropped last year when the Rogue was introduced.

Surely with the rules and regs about driver performance, how can extra mph be achieved?

I understand extra speed away from centre but these claims from any manufacturers must be taken with a pinch of salt, surely ?
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,898 ✭✭
    Double Gee wrote:

3 Jack Par wrote:

gripandrip wrote:

Surely with the rules and regs about driver performance, how can extra mph be achieved?

I understand extra speed away from centre but these claims from any manufacturers must be taken with a pinch of salt, surely ?

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4750148]
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • tider992010tider992010 tider992010 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    I like the Master's Green. Cool looking driver!
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #25
    Double Gee wrote:

3 Jack Par wrote:

gripandrip wrote:

As stated in one of the other Epic Flash threads. They are able to get the CT of the face right at, or as close to as possible, the legal limit. Apparently, they do this by manufacturing the face as over the limit, then adding a dampening agent of some sort to dial it back down to the limit. So, if retail heads are below the limit allowing for manufacturing tolerances, then you are going to have a great likely hood of getting a driver right at the limit whereas your current club may measure below that by a varying degree.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,279 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

Double Gee wrote:

3 Jack Par wrote:

gripandrip wrote:

As stated in one of the other Epic Flash threads. They are able to get the CT of the face right at, or as close to as possible, the legal limit. Apparently, they do this by manufacturing the face as over the limit, then adding a dampening agent of some sort to dial it back down to the limit. So, if retail heads are below the limit allowing for manufacturing tolerances, then you are going to have a great likely hood of getting a driver right at the limit whereas your current club may measure below that by a varying degree.

Does that mean the face will tend to crack?
  • MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3 Members Posts: 1,211 ✭✭
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #27

****, just like Kevin Na testing Callaway Flash woods, Stricks with the Flash driver! Callaway getting a lot of love away from Titleist.

Kevin Na has been a free agent for a while and has played a lot of different woods

Think Strick has been gaming his old trustys and will continue to
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,266 ✭✭
    So when I buy this I'll also have to factor in the cost to get that horrible looking sole refinished? Ugh..
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD  Proforce 75F5
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3 Members Posts: 1,211 ✭✭
    This club would look really solid in some black/grey....
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

radiman wrote:

Double Gee wrote:

3 Jack Par wrote:

gripandrip wrote:

Does that mean the face will tend to crack?

That is a good question. I had some issues in the past with the faces of Callaway woods. Specifically, a dented face on an Epic SZ driver and fairway wood. But, I didn't have any issues with the Rogue. Didn't see any other posts about it either. Hoping whatever they brace the face with (if that is indeed the case), will keep it sound.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • Pert1862Pert1862 JerseyMembers Posts: 2,829 ✭✭
    Masters color scheme?? April unveiling?
    Callaway Razr Fit - 12* - Aldila RIP Phenom
    Adams Speedline 5
    G10 21*