Bridgestone Tour B JGR HF1 Irons

PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPonchoMembers Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
edited Dec 5, 2018 in Equipment #1
Anyone try these and how does the irons play in terms of forgiveness, length etc?

https://pluggedingolf.com/bridgestone-tour-b-jgr-hf1-irons-review/

Comments

• Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,196 ✭✭
    I can excuse the soup ladel like shape, but what an abomination with those lofts/lengths and adding a "2nd" PW so you can have a "6i" with the same loft (and close length) as a players 4i
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #3
    I think the HF2 irons are a much better option between the HF1 and HF2.
  • PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPoncho Members Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    Why are irons meant for high handicap players have lower lofts since I think most high handicap players do not have the swing speed to launch them high enough?

How is that a selling point?
  • drifliboydrifliboy Members Posts: 168 ✭✭
    I have played the previous version of the HF1 for two years. I also have been playing golf for over 45 years and these irons are great. I am older and have some physical limitations and these irons allow me to hit some shots that I thought were only in my memories. They feel good and sound good. They also allow you to work the ball. Don't worry about the lofts for the various clubs, spend a couple of sessions on the range and find out your distances for each club. They are thick on the sole, but do not have a super thick top line. I play Mizuno S18 sand and lob wedges and it's an easy transition between the two. Don't base your decision on photos or specs., try and find a place to actually hit these irons. I know this isn't the easiest with Bridgestone but it might be worth the effort.
  • PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPoncho Members Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    Anyone know the width of the 4 and 5 irons for the

Bridgestone Tour B JGR HF1 Irons