Path Pro Swing Trainer

Worth Buying?
Went into a local "discount/junk" store for the first time this week and they had the Path Pro training aid for like $20 if I remember. It had DVD's and was in a duffel bag. I was just wondering if this is worth the price and worth even buying?

Comments

• gjf007gjf007 Members Posts: 371
    for $20 in my opinion it has to be worth a punt! if you think it may improve your game it will be a great investment, if it does not work out, you will be able to at the very least get your money back! image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
  • gjones77gjones77 Members Posts: 934
    Why don't you ask HiFade, he is after all Jim Cardosi, you know, the guy that invented it and sells it on The Golf Channel image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
  • DLiverDLiver Members Posts: 2,625 ✭✭
    edited Jun 11, 2008 #4
    If you are serious about improving your swing and practice some, the PP is an outstanding tool. It is like having another set of eyes watching your swing. It can help you eliminate swing flaws like: taking it back inside, coming OTT, losing your tush line (early extension), too long a backswing, sliding your hips, raising up at impact, raising up on your backswing, etc., etc., etc.

It won't do the work for you, but it will help you get better if you put in the effort.
  • divebreckdivebreck Members Posts: 369 ✭✭
    No question, if you use the Path Pro as instructed it will help your game!
  • slicefixerslicefixer slicefixer Members Posts: 3,225
    yep, one of the best........so many uses I can't begin to name em' all.....
  • Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,152 mod
    slicefixer wrote on Jun 11 2008, 10:50 PM:
    yep, one of the best........so many uses I can't begin to name em' all.....

I agree... I use mine everyday. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
  • golfncodegolfncode Members Posts: 198
    I'll add in my support of the PathPro. I liked mine so much, I actually have a couple of them so I can set them up to monitor, for example, how far I'm going back on my backswing and making sure I'm staying on a good plane coming down.
  • addamsmithaddamsmith Charter Members Posts: 780 ✭✭
    One of the Best all round traing aids.

I use mine often during lessons.
  • fatsfats Members Posts: 1,865
    I like it a lot. I use it for chipping and pitching mostly. It eliminated a slight outward move at the top of my chipping and pitching downswing...That and my secret move for eliminating the chipping and short pitching yips has furnished me a super short game.

On long shots I use it to nail down SLICEFIXER'S KNUCKLE FADE!!! Coming into the inside of the ball at impact!!
  • JOSEPHLBJOSEPHLB Members Posts: 560
    Would this "junk store" just happen to be Ollies?

I got my Path Pro from that same "junk store". image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • PingTJPingTJ Members Posts: 189
    LOL...that it would! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> I had never been in there. I don't know why I still haven't made it back, but I would like to get one of those now that everyone says it's a good training aid.
  • silliwillisilliwilli Members Posts: 1,696
    any UK guys found a supplier local? shipping one of these from the USA is pretty expensive...
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,338 ✭✭
    edited Jun 24, 2008 #15
    Guys,

I'm aware of a couple different "close out" stores (like Ollies) that have gotten ahold of some of our returns from the 30 day money back guarantee we are legally bound to offer when airing our infomercial. Believe it or not, some people bought the Path Pro only to activate the 12 month Golf Digest subsription, then they returned the unit. It's amazing what some people will do to scam the system. Nevertheless, we can't turn around and sell those units as NEW again. So, they go into the returns section of the fulfillment warehouse and are resold to authorized companies that buy returned merchandise. The problem here is that these were sold without our knowledge or approval, not to mention what they sold them for and what the discounters are now retailing them for, regardless of our M.A.P. (minimum advertised pricing). We are narrowing down who it is who actually sold these units to them but they are out and the damage is done. There are not that many out there so they will be gone shortly. The long and short is, they are not new units, we can NOT warranty them because WE did not sell them, and some have parts that may be broken or missing. Furthermore, the Golf Digest subscription will NOT activate. I'm not denying the fact that you may get a complete unit that has simply been returned for the proper reasons, but that's the chance you take.

With that said, I appreciate the support and kind comments of those who have posted in this thread. We offer a great deal in thet B/S/T section for Wrx members for NEW product that's fully warrantied AND includes our entire 3 piece DVD set. Furthermore, it includes a bonus opportunity for our next infomercial shoot. It can be found here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125477

Thx, Cardo
    PING G410 LST 9* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 60S
    PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70S
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    CALLAWAY '19 APEX PROS 4-GW - KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1's
  • SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals Posts: 6,293 mod
    edited Jun 24, 2008 #16
    A fantastic training product. Definitely suggest picking one up.
  • silliwillisilliwilli Members Posts: 1,696
    HiFade,

Any info on UK availabilty?
  • MattStrubeMattStrube San FranciscoMembers Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Anyone know how to get my hands on one of these? Trying to shorten up backswing and stop my arms from getting deep.
  • fmzipfmzip Members Posts: 245
    edited Jan 22, 2019 2:13pm #19
    maybe you can try the number on the website:

https://www.path-pro.com/faq.html

I think you could make one of these really cheap from a patio umbrella stand, PVC Pipe and a pool noodle and accomplish the same task if they are no longer produced
    fmzip wrote:

maybe you can try the number on the website:

https://www.path-pro.com/faq.html

I think you could make one of these really cheap from a patio umbrella stand, PVC Pipe and a pool noodle and accomplish the same task if they are no longer produced

Found one locally for $25. Didn't have the overswing extension, but I just used PVC Pipe...works like a champ
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    Hifade wrote:
    Guys,

I'm aware of a couple different "close out" stores (like Ollies) that have gotten ahold of some of our returns from the 30 day money back guarantee we are legally bound to offer when airing our infomercial. Believe it or not, some people bought the Path Pro only to activate the 12 month Golf Digest subsription, then they returned the unit. It's amazing what some people will do to scam the system. Nevertheless, we can't turn around and sell those units as NEW again. So, they go into the returns section of the fulfillment warehouse and are resold to authorized companies that buy returned merchandise. The problem here is that these were sold without our knowledge or approval, not to mention what they sold them for and what the discounters are now retailing them for, regardless of our M.A.P. (minimum advertised pricing). We are narrowing down who it is who actually sold these units to them but they are out and the damage is done. There are not that many out there so they will be gone shortly. The long and short is, they are not new units, we can NOT warranty them because WE did not sell them, and some have parts that may be broken or missing. Furthermore, the Golf Digest subscription will NOT activate. I'm not denying the fact that you may get a complete unit that has simply been returned for the proper reasons, but that's the chance you take.

With that said, I appreciate the support and kind comments of those who have posted in this thread. We offer a great deal in thet B/S/T section for Wrx members for NEW product that's fully warrantied AND includes our entire 3 piece DVD set. Furthermore, it includes a bonus opportunity for our next infomercial shoot. It can be found here: [url=&quot;http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125477&quot;]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125477[/url]

Thx, Cardo

Was waiting for inventor of infomercial product to chime in. Was not disappointed. Great time to be alive!
  • carreracarrera Members Posts: 2,565 ✭✭
    Yeah, almost 11 years ago!
    Cobra F9 Tour Length - Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
    Cobra F9 14.5 - Atmos Blue Stiff
    Callaway Epic Hybrid - Recoil 780 stiff
    Cobra King 3/4 Utility - Recoil 780 Smacwrap F4
    Cobra King Forged TEC Black - Recoil 95 F4 5-PW
    Cobra King Black wedges 54/58 versatile grinds - Recoil 110 F4
    Odyssey 2Ball
    TM TP5X
    carrera wrote: