Sigma 2 ZB2- anyone gaming it?

9ironiscash9ironiscash Members Posts: 644 ✭✭
Just had a great fitting at PING, and while the app numbers suggested a Tyne for my stroke type (slight / strong arc with push tendency), i tended to make more with the zb2. I’m sure much of it is me currently playing the old milled redwood zb, as it fits my eye.

Anyone else gaming the zb2? Weather here won’t allow for my own real world testing. How are u finding it with regards to feel, forgiveness, etc?

Comments

• JJHJJH Members Posts: 133
    Tried this putter in the store and want to check it out again. Anyone else?
  • Mr FabulousMr Fabulous Members Posts: 25
    I also got fitted by my pro’ : he has my putting stroke right on the borderline of slight/strong arc, also with a slight push tendency ! I am switching from an old Isoforce B60 that I had cut down from 35” to 33” (which in turn had been brought back into my bag to replace a White Hot Sabertooth). We got it down to a toss up between the Anser and the ZB2. They both performed well on the carpet and practice green, but I figured the classic, less toe hang Anser option would be the obvious choice and also easier to sell on, if it didn’t suit me on the course.

So I duly ordered a Sigma 2 Anser late on a Friday afternoon. My decision bugged me all week-end, so I went back and tried them both again on Monday morning. Decided the ZB2 was much more pleasing on my eye, so cancelled the order and replaced it with a Sigma 2 ZB2. It is about to arrive, so I will keep you posted on how it performs.

Can’t help wondering whether I should’ve gone for a Vault 2.0 B60, though ............ 😉
  • 9ironiscash9ironiscash Members Posts: 644 ✭✭

I also got fitted by my pro’ : he has my putting stroke right on the borderline of slight/strong arc, also with a slight push tendency ! I am switching from an old Isoforce B60 that I had cut down from 35” to 33” (which in turn had been brought back into my bag to replace a White Hot Sabertooth). We got it down to a toss up between the Anser and the ZB2. They both performed well on the carpet and practice green, but I figured the classic, less toe hang Anser option would be the obvious choice and also easier to sell on, if it didn’t suit me on the course.

So I duly ordered a Sigma 2 Anser late on a Friday afternoon. My decision bugged me all week-end, so I went back and tried them both again on Monday morning. Decided the ZB2 was much more pleasing on my eye, so cancelled the order and replaced it with a Sigma 2 ZB2. It is about to arrive, so I will keep you posted on how it performs.

Can’t help wondering whether I should’ve gone for a Vault 2.0 B60, though ............ 😉

Haha I have had almost the exact same fitting results. Between slight and strong. Was actually between the Tyne and the zb but coming from an old redwood zb, and making more with the zb during the fitting, he suggested I go that route. Should be here any day. Green dot dialed down to 32.75”. I’m pumped. It looks like my old redwood zb on steroids- bigger and more forgiving. Sucks no stealth finish on the lefty heads tho.
  • cargo8cargo8 Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    I was gaming a Vault 2.0 ZB for a month or two. Plays well, good feel for an insert putter, great weighting. Need to stroke it with confidence, but the face milling really does make a great improvement on general distance control / feel.
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5° Mitsubishi Diamana DF 50S
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX 3W Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661S
    Taylor Made GAPR Lo 2-17
    °KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid 65S
    Callaway X Forged Utility Iron 21° Oban CT-100 Steel
    Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Oban CT-100 Steel
    Taylor Made Milled Grind Chrome 50.09 Oban CT-100 Steel
    Taylor Made Milled Grind Black 54.09 Oban CT-100 Steel

Taylor Made Milled Grind Black 58.09 Oban CT-100 Steel
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #28

Retired + Bullpen