Ping G700 with lighter shaft?

PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPonchoMembers Posts: 1,392 ✭✭
edited Dec 6, 2018 in WRX Club Techs #1
Anyone with slow swing speed replace their G700 shaft with the Ping TFC 80i Lite 44g grams High Launch

Were you able to launch especially your 4 and 5 irons higher after making the switch?

PS: For those who bought the G700 and did not like them, what did you replace them with that was more forgiving etc?

Comments

• jjfcpajjfcpa Members Posts: 381 ✭✭
    Surprised they still have this shaft. This was the one on my Ping Gmax irons that I purchased 3 years ago. I no longer have the clubs, but found them to be very good.
  • PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPoncho Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭
    Any slow swingers who chose the TFC 80i Lite shaft with the G700?
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,721 ✭✭
    The stock Recoil SR./F2 is a pretty good shaft with the G700s. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    All Mizuno bag for this year.
    ST-190 Driver, 3/5 wood
    919F 4-pw Nippon 105R
    S18 50, 54, 60
    Spider X putter
    TP5(2018)

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • vernonvernon Hi! I'm Holly! Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    Golf64 wrote:

The stock Recoil SR./F2 is a pretty good shaft with the G700s. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    For what it's worth a close friend and frequent playing partner of mine got into this exact setup back in August and is really happy.

My brother has the i500's with Recoil F3 and I play i210's with the F4 so we've pretty well got all the combinations covered and everyone is beyond satisfied.