Tried a New Drill That's Fun With the Irons

BeerPerHole ·  
BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1601WRX Points: 473Posts: 1,601 Platinum Tees
I was listening to a golf podcast the other day where the interviewee mentioned he was told by Jason Day years ago of a certain drill Jason used to do. I tried it last night at the range and thought I'd share. Take an aligning rod and place it 10 paces out in front of you toward your target. I aligned it to the target. Then, hit irons so that you have the ball either pass 18" to the left of the rod and fade, or pass 18" to the right and draw. Seems pretty simple. It seems to help hone the iron play, to me. Try it out. The 18" sounds too precise, but it's just ballpark (especially for me).
Posted:
Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
Ping Anser G Putter
Ping G400 5-Wood
Snell MTB-X
Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

Comments

• PorscheFanPorscheFan Members  1342WRX Points: 202Handicap: 12Posts: 1,342 Platinum Tees
    Nice! I think Cameron McCormick did something similar.<br />
    <br />
    Personally, I don't think my ranges are friendly enough to let me walk 10 paces out to place an alignment rod. I wish I could!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.