SC300 coming in January!?!?

1235»

Comments

  • Long ShotLong Shot Members Posts: 512 ✭✭
    Long Shot said:
    SC300 vs Mevo initial evaluation after a few sessions with both. I only used them outdoors, full swings (did not try short game setting on mevo yet). Did not need dots on balls for MEVO.



    Carry Yardage - Both struggle with lofted clubs to get an accurate real carry distance reading. I found both underestimated LW and SW (60 and 56*) carry distances substantially. With the SC300 being slightly better. At the Gap wedge and on down in lofts both machines worked fine and had more accurate numbers. With the Mevo being slightly more accurate and the SC300 still overestimating carry distances in the cooler temps. It seems the Mevo was able to get better numbers through the irons.



    The only issue I had with the Mevo is it seems to overestimate swing speed over 100 mph. I need to look more into this and see if there is a fix or a length to place the machine to correct this. But I would say it overestimated my swing speed by 3-5 mph. For example, I would swing at 104 on SC300 and it would say 107-108 on Mevo. Swings at 105 on SC300 would be 109-110 on Mevo. But swings at 100 on SC300 would be around 100 on Mevo. The SS on the Sc300 is in line with the fittings I have done.



    I am leaning heavily towards the MEVO but need more time (MEVO is better for size, app, and spin). The reasons I am leaning towards the Mevo are the size, the SC300 is very portable, but it does take up space/weight in my bag and as one who likes to walk I would have to remove this between practice sessions and playing sessions. Which means at my advancing age (LOL) I would likely forget it at home when I go to practice once in a while. While the Mevo probably weighs the same as 2-3 golf balls and takes up little space. If you want to use the units as a standalone the SC300 is great in that respect (you can't use the MEVO without the app), but I like using the app with both. The MEVO's app is much more user-friendly (and one thing I really like is that I could still play my music while using the MEVO app, and with the SC300 you cannot use the music on the iPhone while using the app, which is important to me). I think the SC300 app still needs work and they probably rolled it out too early. I also found the MEVO app easier to navigate and organize my data, plus being able to upload it online and view my organized files is great. MEVO obviously has the spin, while the SC300 does not. I am not sure if it is 100% accurate, but the value in this is that it registers when spin is up or down, so I still get input on my swing, and which was a "spinny" swing and which wasn't. It also gives nice feedback on driver settings, I can see which setting spins and launches differently. May not be totally dialed in for optimizing, but as you become more familiar with your personal results, you can use the numbers in relation to each other to make determinations.



    Overall I think both are very comparable as far as the information they provide. Nothing is going to be perfect, no matter how much you spend. I have found that so far have the machines and the data they provide have helped me develop my swing, and has given me valuable input on distances and effort in my swing. I am learning which swing elements are providing the most efficiency in my swing, and as far as my game goes, which movements are working correctly and which are killing my swing.
    To follow up on my review I am still having problems with MEVO correctly reading driver swing speed, thus giving a severely skewed smash factor.  Mevo is overstating driver swing speed, while good fo the ego, not good for accuracy and why I purchased this machine.  I spoke to them, they promised a fix, but when?? 
  • criley_4waycriley_4way Ann Arbor, MIMembers Posts: 54 ✭✭
    SO what is the general consensus on portable launch monitors? Mevo or SC300
  • GasterGaster Members Posts: 2

    a new review, SC200 VS SC300

  • nupezbnupezb Members Posts: 67 ✭✭

    Here is another review with a good focus on wedge shots accuracy.

    King F8 Volition Driver Blue Camo
    Cleveland 588 Fairway 3 wood

    King F8 One Length Hybrid 19°
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 25°
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey 52°

    Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 4 Putter
    Snell MTB

    MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7
  • NorbooNorboo Members Posts: 2,218 ✭✭

    Does it have spin rate?

    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
    Fairway Wood: Ryoma F3 and F5
    Hybrid: Ping G400 3 & 5
    Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
    Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50, 58
    Putter: Honma CB8055 since 1989
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X

    Backup/Benched
    Driver: Ping G20
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge EX10 Beta 4 wood GD Tour AD F
    Hybrid: Ping G400 4 hybrid
    Putter: S.C. Golo 3

    Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993
  • OttawapOttawap Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

    I'm looking at both the Mevo and SC300. It would seem that the video integration of the Mevo is a real game changer compared to the SC300 even if spin does eventually show up for the SC300 as others have noted.

  • mktroutmktrout Members Posts: 144 ✭✭

    i got a sc300 and i like it. It seems accurate, except it doesn't seem like my driver swing speed is correct, It seems like its 8-10 mph low. Anyone else find this? Its lower then what I typically read on the simulator I play at in the winter or what I get at golf galaxy etc. Plus it doesn't seem like if I was swinging this MPH i would be getting the ball speed I am getting, which is making for an unbelievable 1.50-1.53 smash factor.

    Taylormade M5 - GD Tour AD DI 60 S
    Taylormade M4 3HL
    Taylormade M4 5wd
    4 - Srixon U65
    5-Gw Srixon 585 - Pro Modus 120 S
    Taylormade Hi Toe 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Bridgestone BXS
    Currently 6.4 hcp
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,720 ✭✭

    @Ottawap said:
    I'm looking at both the Mevo and SC300. It would seem that the video integration of the Mevo is a real game changer compared to the SC300 even if spin does eventually show up for the SC300 as others have noted.

    IMO, in this price range, anyone who uses video should get a MEVO and not look back.

  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,720 ✭✭

    @Long Shot said:
    To follow up on my review I am still having problems with MEVO correctly reading driver swing speed, thus giving a severely skewed smash factor.  Mevo is overstating driver swing speed, while good fo the ego, not good for accuracy and why I purchased this machine.  I spoke to them, they promised a fix, but when?? 

    I do think this is a drawback to MEVO for guys with higher driver CHS (105 mph+). My own is only low 90s. Flightscope updated their FAQs for driver to say the unit should sit 7 feet behind the ball (calibrate settings accordingly) AND the unit needs to be propped up to tee height so the bottom of the unit is level with the bottom of the ball. I would add to make sure you change the club type on the app when you change clubs. If you're hitting driver, set it to driver.

    The other question: Where are you using MEVO? If you're hitting driver indoor, I would use the metallic dots AND make as much distance between impact and net as you are comfortable. They say 8 feet flight minimum, but the more ball flight, the more data MEVO can measure. Obviously, make sure you're in indoor mode, too.

  • Long ShotLong Shot Members Posts: 512 ✭✭
    edited Apr 6, 2019 10:03pm #131

    @games said:

    @Long Shot said:
    To follow up on my review I am still having problems with MEVO correctly reading driver swing speed, thus giving a severely skewed smash factor.  Mevo is overstating driver swing speed, while good fo the ego, not good for accuracy and why I purchased this machine.  I spoke to them, they promised a fix, but when?? 

    I do think this is a drawback to MEVO for guys with higher driver CHS (105 mph+). My own is only low 90s. Flightscope updated their FAQs for driver to say the unit should sit 7 feet behind the ball (calibrate settings accordingly) AND the unit needs to be propped up to tee height so the bottom of the unit is level with the bottom of the ball. I would add to make sure you change the club type on the app when you change clubs. If you're hitting driver, set it to driver.

    The other question: Where are you using MEVO? If you're hitting driver indoor, I would use the metallic dots AND make as much distance between impact and net as you are comfortable. They say 8 feet flight minimum, but the more ball flight, the more data MEVO can measure. Obviously, make sure you're in indoor mode, too.

    Did all of these, after speaking to their tech services. Hitting outdoors. Had it out with a trackman, and on a measured range. The Mevo was off on ball speed and carry distance by as much as 20 yards. What I thought originally was over estimating my swing speed (swing speed is correct), is actually underestimating ball speed. Also saw this on the 4-5 irons as well. Also tested the SC300 and it seemed to be much closer to the Trackman.

  • paztormikepaztormike Members Posts: 175 ✭✭

    @Long Shot said:

    @games said:

    @Long Shot said:
    To follow up on my review I am still having problems with MEVO correctly reading driver swing speed, thus giving a severely skewed smash factor.  Mevo is overstating driver swing speed, while good fo the ego, not good for accuracy and why I purchased this machine.  I spoke to them, they promised a fix, but when?? 

    I do think this is a drawback to MEVO for guys with higher driver CHS (105 mph+). My own is only low 90s. Flightscope updated their FAQs for driver to say the unit should sit 7 feet behind the ball (calibrate settings accordingly) AND the unit needs to be propped up to tee height so the bottom of the unit is level with the bottom of the ball. I would add to make sure you change the club type on the app when you change clubs. If you're hitting driver, set it to driver.

    The other question: Where are you using MEVO? If you're hitting driver indoor, I would use the metallic dots AND make as much distance between impact and net as you are comfortable. They say 8 feet flight minimum, but the more ball flight, the more data MEVO can measure. Obviously, make sure you're in indoor mode, too.

    Did all of these, after speaking to their tech services. Hitting outdoors. Had it out with a trackman, and on a measured range. The Mevo was off on ball speed and carry distance by as much as 20 yards. What I thought originally was over estimating my swing speed (swing speed is correct), is actually underestimating ball speed. Also saw this on the 4-5 irons as well. Also tested the SC300 and it seemed to be much closer to the Trackman.

    I'm having the opposite problem. My Driver swing speed seems to be right on, but the carry distances are all over the place. On our range, I lasered a flag 235 yards away, and then lasered the net at the back of the range. My first 4 drives all carried past the flag, but short of the net, but the distances were reading 275, 280, 265 etc. Then I carried one into the net and it told me 242.

    The wedge distances were very accurate though. I had a flag at 65 yards and was hitting lob wedges at it. Visually, my wedge results seemed very accurate.

  • cfmgolfcfmgolf Members Posts: 618 ✭✭

    I did pick up the SC300 late last week. I have only had a chance to work with a 52*W and a 9I with it so far, but initial impressions are quite good. We have a green with 3 flags at 75 - 85 yards and it was quite accurate at that distance. We also have another flag at 135 for the 9I and it was spot on for that distance also. Only shots it didn't like we ones with the 9I that were hit pretty thin - I didn't like them either :) They were pretty bad shots, so I am taking that as the Indian and not the Arrow. I am looking forward to longer sessions with it this week, but overall very happy with the time I have spent with it so far.

    Cobra F9 Tour Length 9* w/ Smoke Shaft
    Cobra F9 3/4W w/ Smoke Shaft 1/2" Short 
    Ping 3 Crossover w/ Accra 80
    Ping G700 4-U w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 52*
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 56*
    Odyssey Blade 
  • Long ShotLong Shot Members Posts: 512 ✭✭

    @paztormike said:

    @Long Shot said:

    @games said:

    @Long Shot said:
    To follow up on my review I am still having problems with MEVO correctly reading driver swing speed, thus giving a severely skewed smash factor.  Mevo is overstating driver swing speed, while good fo the ego, not good for accuracy and why I purchased this machine.  I spoke to them, they promised a fix, but when?? 

    I do think this is a drawback to MEVO for guys with higher driver CHS (105 mph+). My own is only low 90s. Flightscope updated their FAQs for driver to say the unit should sit 7 feet behind the ball (calibrate settings accordingly) AND the unit needs to be propped up to tee height so the bottom of the unit is level with the bottom of the ball. I would add to make sure you change the club type on the app when you change clubs. If you're hitting driver, set it to driver.

    The other question: Where are you using MEVO? If you're hitting driver indoor, I would use the metallic dots AND make as much distance between impact and net as you are comfortable. They say 8 feet flight minimum, but the more ball flight, the more data MEVO can measure. Obviously, make sure you're in indoor mode, too.

    Did all of these, after speaking to their tech services. Hitting outdoors. Had it out with a trackman, and on a measured range. The Mevo was off on ball speed and carry distance by as much as 20 yards. What I thought originally was over estimating my swing speed (swing speed is correct), is actually underestimating ball speed. Also saw this on the 4-5 irons as well. Also tested the SC300 and it seemed to be much closer to the Trackman.

    I'm having the opposite problem. My Driver swing speed seems to be right on, but the carry distances are all over the place. On our range, I lasered a flag 235 yards away, and then lasered the net at the back of the range. My first 4 drives all carried past the flag, but short of the net, but the distances were reading 275, 280, 265 etc. Then I carried one into the net and it told me 242.

    The wedge distances were very accurate though. I had a flag at 65 yards and was hitting lob wedges at it. Visually, my wedge results seemed very accurate.

    Was that with the Mevo so SC300.

  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,720 ✭✭

    There is dynamic I've heard from a trusted source but never asked Flightscope about.

    iTeach, a contributor in the Instruction forum, states MEVO "normalizes" for the golf ball. I guess it means the unit takes initial measurements from the strike, then "extends" the estimate using spin and speed "curves" of some "model" ball to estimate carry, height, etc. This would explain variances from outside performance, especially with driver.

  • paztormikepaztormike Members Posts: 175 ✭✭

    @Long Shot said:

    @paztormike said:

    @Long Shot said:

    @games said:

    @Long Shot said:
    To follow up on my review I am still having problems with MEVO correctly reading driver swing speed, thus giving a severely skewed smash factor.  Mevo is overstating driver swing speed, while good fo the ego, not good for accuracy and why I purchased this machine.  I spoke to them, they promised a fix, but when?? 

    I do think this is a drawback to MEVO for guys with higher driver CHS (105 mph+). My own is only low 90s. Flightscope updated their FAQs for driver to say the unit should sit 7 feet behind the ball (calibrate settings accordingly) AND the unit needs to be propped up to tee height so the bottom of the unit is level with the bottom of the ball. I would add to make sure you change the club type on the app when you change clubs. If you're hitting driver, set it to driver.

    The other question: Where are you using MEVO? If you're hitting driver indoor, I would use the metallic dots AND make as much distance between impact and net as you are comfortable. They say 8 feet flight minimum, but the more ball flight, the more data MEVO can measure. Obviously, make sure you're in indoor mode, too.

    Did all of these, after speaking to their tech services. Hitting outdoors. Had it out with a trackman, and on a measured range. The Mevo was off on ball speed and carry distance by as much as 20 yards. What I thought originally was over estimating my swing speed (swing speed is correct), is actually underestimating ball speed. Also saw this on the 4-5 irons as well. Also tested the SC300 and it seemed to be much closer to the Trackman.

    I'm having the opposite problem. My Driver swing speed seems to be right on, but the carry distances are all over the place. On our range, I lasered a flag 235 yards away, and then lasered the net at the back of the range. My first 4 drives all carried past the flag, but short of the net, but the distances were reading 275, 280, 265 etc. Then I carried one into the net and it told me 242.

    The wedge distances were very accurate though. I had a flag at 65 yards and was hitting lob wedges at it. Visually, my wedge results seemed very accurate.

    Was that with the Mevo so SC300.

    sc300

  • Long ShotLong Shot Members Posts: 512 ✭✭

    @paztormike said:

    @Long Shot said:

    @paztormike said:

    @Long Shot said:

    @games said:

    @Long Shot said:
    To follow up on my review I am still having problems with MEVO correctly reading driver swing speed, thus giving a severely skewed smash factor.  Mevo is overstating driver swing speed, while good fo the ego, not good for accuracy and why I purchased this machine.  I spoke to them, they promised a fix, but when?? 

    I do think this is a drawback to MEVO for guys with higher driver CHS (105 mph+). My own is only low 90s. Flightscope updated their FAQs for driver to say the unit should sit 7 feet behind the ball (calibrate settings accordingly) AND the unit needs to be propped up to tee height so the bottom of the unit is level with the bottom of the ball. I would add to make sure you change the club type on the app when you change clubs. If you're hitting driver, set it to driver.

    The other question: Where are you using MEVO? If you're hitting driver indoor, I would use the metallic dots AND make as much distance between impact and net as you are comfortable. They say 8 feet flight minimum, but the more ball flight, the more data MEVO can measure. Obviously, make sure you're in indoor mode, too.

    Did all of these, after speaking to their tech services. Hitting outdoors. Had it out with a trackman, and on a measured range. The Mevo was off on ball speed and carry distance by as much as 20 yards. What I thought originally was over estimating my swing speed (swing speed is correct), is actually underestimating ball speed. Also saw this on the 4-5 irons as well. Also tested the SC300 and it seemed to be much closer to the Trackman.

    I'm having the opposite problem. My Driver swing speed seems to be right on, but the carry distances are all over the place. On our range, I lasered a flag 235 yards away, and then lasered the net at the back of the range. My first 4 drives all carried past the flag, but short of the net, but the distances were reading 275, 280, 265 etc. Then I carried one into the net and it told me 242.

    The wedge distances were very accurate though. I had a flag at 65 yards and was hitting lob wedges at it. Visually, my wedge results seemed very accurate.

    Was that with the Mevo so SC300.

    sc300

    My Mevo is headed back to Flightscope for them to check it out. I am interested if they are able to fix this or is this an issue throughout the units.

  • PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPoncho Members Posts: 1,396 ✭✭
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,283 ✭✭

    Review seems like sc300 is having trouble with driver launch angles. Anybody have same prob?

  • DoyouevenbladeDoyouevenblade Members Posts: 179 ✭✭

    @Gaster said:
    a new review, SC200 VS SC300

    Very interesting. I am looking into one of these mainly for that 40-120yrd scoring zone. Has anyone else experienced such differences between the SC200 and SC300 at shorter yardages?

  • clevitedclevited Don't think you are, know you are. Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭
    edited May 13, 2019 5:13am #141

    @mktrout said:
    i got a sc300 and i like it. It seems accurate, except it doesn't seem like my driver swing speed is correct, It seems like its 8-10 mph low. Anyone else find this? Its lower then what I typically read on the simulator I play at in the winter or what I get at golf galaxy etc. Plus it doesn't seem like if I was swinging this MPH i would be getting the ball speed I am getting, which is making for an unbelievable 1.50-1.53 smash factor.

    Suggestion, take the sc300 ball speed on ones you know were struck well, divide by 1.48. That is going to be much more accurate than the device will ever be. They rely completely on how well you align it behind the ball, and suffers from the same stuff swing speed radar does, it can read toe or heel instead of middle. Speed can vary by a wide margin. Also, unless the store you went to had a trackman, flightscope, gcquad or gc2hmt ( and they put the stickers on your clubs) pay no attention to the club speed. Ball speed on middled strikes will always be the most accurate indication of your swing speed.

  • clevitedclevited Don't think you are, know you are. Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭

    @Long Shot said:

    @games said:

    @Long Shot said:
    To follow up on my review I am still having problems with MEVO correctly reading driver swing speed, thus giving a severely skewed smash factor.  Mevo is overstating driver swing speed, while good fo the ego, not good for accuracy and why I purchased this machine.  I spoke to them, they promised a fix, but when?? 

    I do think this is a drawback to MEVO for guys with higher driver CHS (105 mph+). My own is only low 90s. Flightscope updated their FAQs for driver to say the unit should sit 7 feet behind the ball (calibrate settings accordingly) AND the unit needs to be propped up to tee height so the bottom of the unit is level with the bottom of the ball. I would add to make sure you change the club type on the app when you change clubs. If you're hitting driver, set it to driver.

    The other question: Where are you using MEVO? If you're hitting driver indoor, I would use the metallic dots AND make as much distance between impact and net as you are comfortable. They say 8 feet flight minimum, but the more ball flight, the more data MEVO can measure. Obviously, make sure you're in indoor mode, too.

    Did all of these, after speaking to their tech services. Hitting outdoors. Had it out with a trackman, and on a measured range. The Mevo was off on ball speed and carry distance by as much as 20 yards. What I thought originally was over estimating my swing speed (swing speed is correct), is actually underestimating ball speed. Also saw this on the 4-5 irons as well. Also tested the SC300 and it seemed to be much closer to the Trackman.

    This is suspicious. Are you sure the Trackman wasn't on normalize? If you don't know what that is it will take whatever ball you hit and convert its numbers to whatever preset ball "type" it has.

    Mevos from what I have seen are always with 1 or 2 mph from trackman, flightscope, gc2, gcquad. Maybe occasionally drifting a tad more than that depending on luck of the draw read error wise.

Sign In or Register to comment.