Please add any bugs (problems) with new software and Feedback Here

Comments

• FairwaysToHeavenFairwaysToHeaven Members  3567WRX Points: 283Handicap: 5Posts: 3,567 Titanium Tees

can someone explain why this rollout was done when it was. Why not roll this out Dec. 1 and have months prior to really getting into the thick of the season.

I still think overall look is a major disappointment. I mainly use desktop verison, and everything seems spread out. need to condense, and change up the colors. if the thread background is white, we need to change some other areas to a light shade of gray or any color. still way to much white.

see the pic below. i have a 17" monitor and i'm seeing 3 comments taking up my entire screen. way too much wasted space

still no way to preview threads like of old viewing the first and last post without opening the thread.

outside of running a search, there isn't a way to view most recent replies to threads you've posted in.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
    TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
    Cobra F8 19*
    J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
    Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
    TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2020WRX Points: 1,436Posts: 2,020 Platinum Tees

The word filters are ridiculous. **** is filtered? Really? Words that 5 year olds can say without getting in trouble are being filtered.

Posted:
  • b.heltsb.helts Members  3195WRX Points: 639Posts: 3,195 Titanium Tees

If this isn’t a priority I can’t imagine why. It’s a z index issue in mobile. This is chrome on an iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 12.2. It is debilitating for notifications and profile editing.

Posted:
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 467Posts: 27,126 Marshals

Mobile skin update is coming. We are working on access.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,235Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

On -, @HoosierMizuno said:

can someone explain why this rollout was done when it was. Why not roll this out Dec. 1 and have months prior to really getting into the thick of the season.

I still think overall look is a major disappointment. I mainly use desktop verison, and everything seems spread out. need to condense, and change up the colors. if the thread background is white, we need to change some other areas to a light shade of gray or any color. still way to much white.

see the pic below. i have a 17" monitor and i'm seeing 3 comments taking up my entire screen. way too much wasted space

still no way to preview threads like of old viewing the first and last post without opening the thread.

outside of running a search, there isn't a way to view most recent replies to threads you've posted in.

You've been rather visible since the switchover. You haven't stumbled across the reason for the board changing ?

The OLD board outlived its shelf life and was in constant danger of crashing (according to management).

Do you have any screen prints of the old board ? I don't but I can't believe there were many more than 3 posts visible on a page without any scrolling.

A work around has also been mentioned quite a few times. You haven't seen any of those ? Did you try looking at the website help section ? There's a THREAD about it - https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1759969/view-my-content-threads-i-posted-in#latest

Now this "preview" of first and last post. I can't recall seeing any such thing but as multiple people have (seemingly) referred to it I guess it existed. How did it work ? Hovering the mouse ? I can't believe I didn't stumble on it just by accident moving the cursor around a forum page.

Posted:
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20333WRX Points: 902Posts: 20,333 Titanium Tees

Could you please turn the intensity of the white background down to maybe just stun?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,235Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

Could you please turn the intensity of the white background down to maybe just stun?

You could dim your screen, no ?

Posted:
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20333WRX Points: 902Posts: 20,333 Titanium Tees

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

You mean...more? ;)

Posted:

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

You mean...more? ;)

I guess. LOL

Posted:
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers  6545WRX Points: 659Handicap: 4.4Posts: 6,545 Titanium Tees

an alternative for iPhone users to darken the screen. settings > general > accessibility > accessibility shortcut and select "smart invert". then triple click the sleep/wake button quickly and select if you have multiple selections.

Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • FairwaysToHeavenFairwaysToHeaven Members  3567WRX Points: 283Handicap: 5Posts: 3,567 Titanium Tees

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @HoosierMizuno said:

You've been rather visible since the switchover. You haven't stumbled across the reason for the board changing ?

The OLD board outlived its shelf life and was in constant danger of crashing (according to management).

Do you have any screen prints of the old board ? I don't but I can't believe there were many more than 3 posts visible on a page without any scrolling.

A work around has also been mentioned quite a few times. You haven't seen any of those ? Did you try looking at the website help section ? There's a THREAD about it - https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1759969/view-my-content-threads-i-posted-in#latest

Now this "preview" of first and last post. I can't recall seeing any such thing but as multiple people have (seemingly) referred to it I guess it existed. How did it work ? Hovering the mouse ? I can't believe I didn't stumble on it just by accident moving the cursor around a forum page.

yes i get there is a 'workaround'...which i why i mentioned using the search feature. how many users of the thousands of subscribers do you think are aware of using this grand work around.

and yes, i get why the site was changed. if you read my post, i was asking about the timing of the change. if this was an ongoing problem, simply asking as other have, why we didn't try this in november prior to the golf season.

the preview was simply a >> small link next to the thread title that created a popup where you could view the first and last post. really helpful for those vague thread titles.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
    TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
    Cobra F8 19*
    J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
    Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
    TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Advertisement
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 467Posts: 27,126 Marshals

There really is no good time to do this. We thought the patches and UI fixes would come much faster. We are still working to expedite them. We expected 30 days to shake most stuff out. It’s been about 2 weeks.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    BST AD Help
  • Lbu1fanLbu1fan Members  53WRX Points: 44Handicap: 12Posts: 53 Bunkers

When accessing messages, they are behind the main thread and do not load your inbox

Posted:

That will be addressed with new mobile skin shortly.

Posted:
    BST AD Help
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members  1248WRX Points: 660Posts: 1,248 Platinum Tees

The entries/comments in a thread could use more definition. Perhaps a darker gray, black or Masters green. In addition to color, they could be just a pixel or two thicker.

Posted:

-- Just tap it in. Just tap it in. Give it a little tappy tap tap taparoo. --

• BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Quitting WRX may be in my future... Members  5828WRX Points: 1,144Posts: 5,828 Titanium Tees

The ignore feature can't come fast enough. I know the mods are busy and the WRX team is doing amazing work on this upgrade, but there's a small handful of opportunistic trolls polluting some of the forums. It's going to be really bad for The Masters if mods don't start booting some of these guys or the ignore feature isn't working to filter out the intense spamming/trolling that is likely to come.

Posted:

Advertisement

You can report the users and we have new tools for trolls.

Posted:
    BST AD Help

We have made hundreds of skin and color changes. Most match exactly to what people are requesting. Devices display content differently. What looks good to one, doesn’t for another. Please provide screenshots and examples if you have feedback.

Specific color theme changes are given lower priority to mobile skin changes and to things that are actually broken or functionally needed, bst feedback. It took probably 50 hours to get user topic profile on the side with info. Nothing is trivial or easy.

We don’t have a team of 3 or 5 people that does this. We work with the vanilla development team and 1 internal staff member. We are working these things constantly.

Posted:
    BST AD Help
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers  6545WRX Points: 659Handicap: 4.4Posts: 6,545 Titanium Tees

can we merge these topics regarding the new forum software?

Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110

We are going to create a new forum and should probably separate by topic.

Posted:
    BST AD Help
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 608Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

We are going to create a new forum and should probably separate by topic.

Separating by topic would help. In one long thread, hard for folks to know if a particular issue has been discussed.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21406WRX Points: 5,361Posts: 21,406 ClubWRX

New on the iPhone today.

Posted:

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

New on the iPhone today.

..I mean Sandra Logue said it was legit. that's more than enough for me to click OK.

Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
  • GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2020WRX Points: 1,436Posts: 2,020 Platinum Tees

I've done a lot of complaining about the changes, but want to acknowledge that things have gotten much better since the initial rollout.

Posted:
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers  2459WRX Points: 370Handicap: 9ishPosts: 2,459 Platinum Tees

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

New on the iPhone today.

Yikes. What ad exchanges is this site using?

Posted:
    Posted:
    BST AD Help

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21406WRX Points: 5,361Posts: 21,406 ClubWRX

This has nothing to do with glitches!

Iowa is not a Great Plains State, I think folks tend just start posting Iowa stuff in the Midwest section just because we all know it is in the actual Midwest. You can't have Minnesota and Missouri in the Midwest and not have the state directly in between them not in the Midwest.

LOL, this has been burning my Pop Tarts for 10 years so finally have a chance to speak up! Please - we Iowans and the rest of the world know Iowa is a Midwestern state. ;-)

Posted:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

We will be reorganizing the punch list and be tracking through github. We will put up a dedicated forum for changes made and in progress.

We will be getting more control of what we can do immediately next week. We do need picture examples and device type to scope changes.

Doesn’t matter if it’s app or mobile. We just need granular info as possible to make sure it does as requested.

We can make it look anything we want. We just need examples and consensus. Stating that, there are limitations with previous board so we can’t make it look exactly like it.

Minor bug (desktop)

When there are say 49 pages of comments (like this thread) and I quote something from page 43 (like this post of yours) and hit "Post" I end up seeing MY post immediately above BUT I am somehow still on page 23 instead of at my post as the last post on the thread, on page 49 where it actually IS.

Not the end of the world but definitely confusing.

EDITED to ADD a screenshot of my result. As you can see the page indicator is still "43" and the post showing immediately above this one, when posted, is an old post from April 1 on page 43.

Even this edit is showing under the old page number but refreshing the thread will have it in its proper place/page.

Posted:
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers  3487WRX Points: 278Posts: 3,487 Titanium Tees

Whatever color changes/shading you changed today looks good. It seems like the post time/edit time is in a strange spot. Not sure where else it should be but its not centered and for some reasons that bugs me.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers  3487WRX Points: 278Posts: 3,487 Titanium Tees

The difference between read and unread posts (the bold font) is not different enough. Bold needs to be darker or whatever to stand out more. The bold font is way better than that "new" badge that was there previously.

Posted:
This discussion has been closed.