WEB.COM pro has clubs STOLEN before final round -- and STILL qualifies!

2»

Comments

• jlbos83jlbos83 Members Posts: 559 ✭✭
    Pretty impressive, even without the stolen clubs! I imagine one positive was that he had to have no expectations! All the pressure was off, at that point. And he probably was actually able to play "one shot at a time". He might be better than he ever thought he was, now! He knows what he can do! I think I shall be cheering for him.
    Jeff, an Arizona hacker
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members Posts: 996 ✭✭
    That would really save on travel hassles. He could just arrive at each tournament borrowing the club pro or super's clubs and score 63s.
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,721 ✭✭
    BenSeattle wrote:

Read below the amazing story of young professional Cody Blick, who started the day well outside the 'top 40' cutoff for any kind of Web.com status. Still, with today's final round offering one last chance to move up, he discovered Sunday morning that his clubs had been stolen. He offered a $5,000 "no questions asked" reward for their return.

Today, the great news: Blick fired a final round 63 to earn his status. (Don't yet know if he played with borrowed clubs, his own or rentals but this gets my vote as the Clutch Performance of the Year.)

https://golfweek.com/2018/12/09/pro-has-clubs-stolen-before-final-day-of-q-school-offers-5000-for-help/

I'm pretty sure he didn't use rentals.
  • jdljdl Masshole MassMembers Posts: 1,690 ✭✭
    edited Dec 11, 2018 #35
    Caddykev wrote:

jvincent wrote:

McCann1 wrote:

Cody and I were just talking..says the superintendents driver is money lol

The next question now becomes, will the super get his driver back? If it were me I'd be sending him some cash and a bottle of Scotch and keeping the driver.

I was thinking the same thing haha.

Cody was on Morning Drive earlier today and said he took a picture of the settings on that driver and he "may" try some changes. Which I found odd, why wouldn't you adjust the driver to the settings you normally use? Maybe it was a different model and he couldn't, but apparently he learned something from the experience.

And I guess that means he didn't keep the driver. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,681 ClubWRX
    playa wrote:

BenSeattle wrote:

Read below the amazing story of young professional Cody Blick, who started the day well outside the 'top 40' cutoff for any kind of Web.com status. Still, with today's final round offering one last chance to move up, he discovered Sunday morning that his clubs had been stolen. He offered a $5,000 "no questions asked" reward for their return.

Today, the great news: Blick fired a final round 63 to earn his status. (Don't yet know if he played with borrowed clubs, his own or rentals but this gets my vote as the Clutch Performance of the Year.)

https://golfweek.com/2018/12/09/pro-has-clubs-stolen-before-final-day-of-q-school-offers-5000-for-help/

Great Call P😂😂😂👍😉👊

His score is a round for the ages for sure, however c’mon, he’s one of the top Players on the face of the earth for chrissakes, lolol😂😂

It’s MENTAL Gents!!

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas🎄 & a Happy and Healthy New Year Bro🍾

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    Steele47 wrote:

So his WITB is probably something like: Ping G400 Alta CB X shaft

" " 3 wood "

Titleist AP2 3-PW DG X100 Standard L/L/L

etc. etc.. with very difficult to remove price tag/bar code sticker on 3 iron.

lol. pretty awesome end to the story. glad he was able to overcome it. i would have been doneeeeeee.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,721 ✭✭

playa wrote:

BenSeattle wrote:

Great Call P😂😂😂👍😉👊

His score is a round for the ages for sure, however c’mon, he’s one of the top Players on the face of the earth for chrissakes, lolol😂😂

It’s MENTAL Gents!!

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas🎄 & a Happy and Healthy New Year Bro🍾

My Best,

Richard

Right back at ya big fella. Hope Santa is generous.
  • CaptainRookCaptainRook Members Posts: 480 ✭✭
    I would love to know which putter they found for him. He was still using an older Scotty Monterey before his clubs were stolen. Unbelievable round, one of my favorite stories this year!
  • NaptimeNaptime Members Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Clearly not a typical WRXer when it comes to equipment obsession. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Members Posts: 2,268 ✭✭
    edited Dec 11, 2018 #41
    I once forgot my golf shoes in a high school 9 hole match. I had to wear my loafers. it was like playing a round in bowling shoes. I was able to shoot a 45. So, its pretty much the same. I just don't see what all the hub-bub is about.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • Bingo1976Bingo1976 Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    BrianMcG wrote:

I once forgot my golf shoes in a high school 9 hole match. I had to wear my loafers. it was like playing a round in bowling shoes. I was able to shoot a 45. So, its pretty much the same. I just don't see what all the hub-bub is about.

Were they Tour Issue loafers?
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Matrix Ozik R[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]HiRev[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/font]
  • Jacked_LoftJacked_Loft Steps Ahead Members Posts: 487 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

Only one thing left to do now, find the thief and enact a "man on fire" style revenge plot.

The charger & C4 will be enough I believe.
    WIMB:

`16 M1 9.5 Fuji Evo TS 661
    `17 M1 3&5 Kuro Kage 70
    P790 3I Nippon 950
    P770 4-GW Nippon 950
    MG 56° LB KBS REV
    Spider Tour BLK
    H2NO Carry
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Members Posts: 2,268 ✭✭
    edited Dec 12, 2018 #44
    Bingo1976 wrote:

BrianMcG wrote:

Were they Tour Issue loafers?

What a silly question. Of course they where.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • slicktryslicktry @meximenno Members Posts: 2,539 ✭✭
    I looped for Cody at the '17 Players Cup. No doubt in my mind he could have pulled off what he did. I know everyone is talking about his putter missing but his wedges were $$$$. I guess with the Web status Mr. Dill can make him a new set every two weeks.

God Bless

Jer
    '17 M1 10.5* + w/ ATX Green 85TX
    '16 M2 DF 13* w/ DGSL X100
    16* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    20* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    4-PW ?????????????
    52* TM EF ATV w/ C Taper S+
    58* PM Grind w/ C Taper S+
    Spider Mini Tour Black 33.5" w/BGT Stability Shaft
  • jdljdl Masshole MassMembers Posts: 1,690 ✭✭
    edited Jan 4, 2019 4:49pm #46
    Cody got his clubs back!

https://www.golfchan...olen-golf-clubs
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DavidwDavidw Adelaide, AustraliaMembers Posts: 40 ✭✭
    So reading that article the woman who “found” them should be charged for receiving/selling stolen property?

She finds out the clubs were stolen via a google search and adds a few hundred dollars onto the price tag from what she paid for them from the homeless guy? (if that parts true)
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Members Posts: 495 ✭✭
    Hmmm...Very glad he got his clubs back, but this story doesn't hold water. So the homeless guy held on to the clubs for a month? If you steal something that valuable, unless you plan to use them, I'd think you'd sell them as quick as possible. Especially if you're homeless. Also, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a 'finder's fee' if I'm in possession of stolen property. My two cents.
  • BKN1964BKN1964 Members Posts: 967 ✭✭
    edited Jan 5, 2019 8:16pm #49
    Came here looking for reactions to the latest developments. Who asks a homeless person if they have anything to sell when they hit you up for money?

This one doesn't smell right.
  • Aaronwilson_95Aaronwilson_95 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited Jan 6, 2019 6:05pm #50
    Where I’m from a lot of times some homeless guys will sell water & flowers on side off the road , but I agree something seems fishy

My guess is she’s the initial owner but realized these clubs were too hot upon google reviewing and she couldn’t fence them so she ended up calling the white pages number
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members Posts: 996 ✭✭
    That Arizona lady is shady as... Cody class guy not even fretting about paying to get his clubs back.
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5