The NFL do you like not knowing who will win?

jbw749jbw749 Members Posts: 1,128 ✭✭
Predicting games is a crapshoot to say the least. Anyone want to take a shot at why? What other sport are there so many upsets?

Comments

• Chief IlliniwekChief Illiniwek Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭
    It's purposely built to promote parody. It's not like college football with 30+ point underdogs. A big underdog in the NFL is 10 points.

The only thing separating most teams is quarterback play in a league designed for the quarterbacks to dominate. So if you happen to get a really really good one, you're probably going to be a good team for his career.
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,345 ✭✭
    I know for a fact that the Lions won't win the superbowl 🤣
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,360 ✭✭

It's purposely built to promote parody. It's not like college football with 30+ point underdogs. A big underdog in the NFL is 10 points.

The only thing separating most teams is quarterback play in a league designed for the quarterbacks to dominate. So if you happen to get a really really good one, you're probably going to be a good team for his career.

I think you mean parity and not parody.

Well, unless you're referring to their handling of players mistreatment of women.
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,211 ✭✭
    To many factors. Turnovers, penalties, weather, injuries etc.
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,434 ✭✭
    jbw749 wrote:

Predicting games is a crapshoot to say the least. Anyone want to take a shot at why? What other sport are there so many upsets?

Baseball. Every day in season multiple teams who are “better” than their opponent lose.
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,259 ClubWRX
    The spread in the nfl is the most tight and easiest to bet. Always comes down to 1 play in the 4th quarter. No other sports is as fun in sports betting as the nfl. It really is a flip of a coin.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • captain obviouscaptain obvious Members Posts: 9

Sorry Chief but I almost snotted my keyboard, because unfortunately the NFL has become a parody. It has become a parody of influence peddling, illegal recruitment tactics, drug use, weapons violations, spousal abuse, thugs, and egos. Ick.
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 3,979 ✭✭

Sorry Chief but I almost snotted my keyboard, because unfortunately the NFL has become a parody. It has become a parody of influence peddling, illegal recruitment tactics, drug use, weapons violations, spousal abuse, thugs, and egos. Ick.

You're talking about college ball.