So Yeon's Commitment/Wedding Ring

onekdayonekday Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
In Korean culture a ring worn on the ring finger of either hand is considered a sign of commitment or marriage. I've noticed SYR has been wearing a ring on the ring finger of her right hand. Any idea what is going on?

M

Comments

• rightslicerightslice Members Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Yeah, someone probably really wanted to take her off the market. Can't blame him.
  • billh17billh17 just happy to play Members Posts: 2,871 ✭✭
    Ask Argonne69, he will know
    Certified Orginal Member#2
    Outlaw Golf Association
    To Heck with the USGA
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 20,401 ✭✭
    billh17 wrote:

Ask Argonne69, he will know

Lol. Haven't heard anything.
  • WestTexWestTex Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    edited Dec 10, 2018 #5
    I actually had a chance to see her just a week ago and asked her the very same question;

We were at a restaurant and when I posed the question she immediately stopped eating, set her utensils down, and calmly took a sip of soju. She then set the cup down, looked off into the distance with a 1,000 yard stare. The house band started a soft, drama-filled solo piano riff, and her eyes misted over just a little as she whispered, "Why yes, I AM committed. Committed to my utter dominance of the LPGA. All will gawk at my extremely fashionable outfits and ability to wear them with little effort while making birdie after birdie. My home fans will weep at not being able to call in rules violations yet even still, they will not need to, for there will only be one rule, the rule of SO YEON RYU..." Then in unison the entire restaurant stopped eating to cry in unison, "FIGHTING!" *

It was a spectacle I tell ya.

*Some or all of the events may or may not have taken place in the way described. WestTex maintains full rights to this story of either fiction or non-fiction, dependent upon the humor of the reader. All due respect is meant to So Yeon and her many legion of fans.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,898 ✭✭
    WestTex wrote:

I actually had a chance to see her just a week ago and asked her the same very question;

We were at a restaurant and when I posed the question she immediately stopped eating, set her utensils down, and calmly took a sip of soju. She then set the cup down, looked off into the distance with a 1,000 yard stare. The house band started a soft, drama-filled solo piano riff, and her eyes misted over just a little as she whispered, "Why yes, I AM committed. Commited to my utter dominance of the LPGA. All will gawk at my extremely fashionable outfits and ability to wear them with little effort while making birdie after birdie. My home fans will weep at not being able to call in rules violations yet even still, they will not need to, for there will only be one rule, the rule of SO YEON RYU..." Then in unison the entire restaurant stopped eating to cry in unison, "FIGHTING!" *

*Some or all of the events may or may not have taken place in the way described. WestTex maintains full rights to this story of either fiction or non-fiction, dependent upon the humor of the reader. All due respect is meant to So Yeon and her many legion of fans.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4693352]
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • WestTexWestTex Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    augustgolf wrote:

WestTex wrote:

I actually had a chance to see her just a week ago and asked her the same very question;

We were at a restaurant and when I posed the question she immediately stopped eating, set her utensils down, and calmly took a sip of soju. She then set the cup down, looked off into the distance with a 1,000 yard stare. The house band started a soft, drama-filled solo piano riff, and her eyes misted over just a little as she whispered, "Why yes, I AM committed. Commited to my utter dominance of the LPGA. All will gawk at my extremely fashionable outfits and ability to wear them with little effort while making birdie after birdie. My home fans will weep at not being able to call in rules violations yet even still, they will not need to, for there will only be one rule, the rule of SO YEON RYU..." Then in unison the entire restaurant stopped eating to cry in unison, "FIGHTING!" *

Yeah sorry, slow work day and it's the off-season so I needed to find something to keep me busy and out of trouble.
  • Chris122Chris122 Banned Posts: 611 ✭✭
    Phew!

That's a relief.

For a moment I thought I'd missed out.......
  • agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    I hope So Yeon Ryu will have a good year in 2019. She has always been one of the LPGA players I've liked to watch swing/hit the ball.

Unfortunately, she kind of blew the KPMG Women's PGA last year. Even worse, she had out-played two of the other top young stars for 34 of 36 holes on the weekend. Had she won, I think it would have changed how her record is viewed after basically being gifted the ANA in 2017.

I wonder how much longer she will play? I would think that playing for Korea in the 2020 Olympics is a big deal for her, especially after just missing out in 2016. I've never heard her say how long she wants to play but I wouldn't be surprised if it tapers off quickly after that (she will be 30 yrs old that summer).
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
    TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
  • AWinfortheAgesAWinfortheAges Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    agolf1 wrote:

I hope So Yeon Ryu will have a good year in 2019. She has always been one of the LPGA players I've liked to watch swing/hit the ball.

Unfortunately, she kind of blew the KPMG Women's PGA last year. Even worse, she had out-played two of the other top young stars for 34 of 36 holes on the weekend. Had she won, I think it would have changed how her record is viewed after basically being gifted the ANA in 2017.

I wonder how much longer she will play? I would think that playing for Korea in the 2020 Olympics is a big deal for her, especially after just missing out in 2016. I've never heard her say how long she wants to play but I wouldn't be surprised if it tapers off quickly after that (she will be 30 yrs old that summer).

I seem to recall an interview in 2017 So Yeon saying emphatically, "I love golf!" And she was wearing the shoes that said the same that season. It makes me think she will be around for some time.

Whatever happens, enjoy her and them all while they are playing.
  • agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 804 ✭✭

agolf1 wrote:

I seem to recall an interview in 2017 So Yeon saying emphatically, "I love golf!" And she was wearing the shoes that said the same that season. It makes me think she will be around for some time.

Whatever happens, enjoy her and them all while they are playing.

Article on GolfDigest on her. Hope she can get another major!

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/so-yeon-ryu-has-so-much-more-to-accomplish-lpga
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
    TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter