Training aids for Xmas

BabyCarrotBabyCarrot Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
Wife is asking me what I want for Xmas, training aids are always useful. What are some good ones now a days? Was thinking of a putter mirror. Any good golf psychology CD's out there that i can listen to on the drive to work? PS I've already got the Pelz alignment aid and putter clips. Thanks all.
«1

Comments

  • glkglk send it in jerome Members Posts: 3,319 ✭✭
    Visio putting template. Sheftic pressure board.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,712 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 12, 2018 #3
  • Spinedoc2304Spinedoc2304 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
  • eagles1eagles1 Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    TheHangar?



    Anybody use? Thoughts?
  • moadhiamoadhia Members Posts: 283 ✭✭
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,629 ✭✭
    eagles1 wrote:


    TheHangar?



    Anybody use? Thoughts?




    It’s awesome! Don’t hesitate
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,515 ClubWRX
    Hawkeye77 wrote:




    Absolutely the PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer and their mat (if you don't have a putting mat). I use mine so much and love it.

    > See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

    Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • dhartmann34dhartmann34 Members Posts: 670 ✭✭
    Big fan of the Tour Striker Smart Ball. It's been a great help to me so far.
  • KuchhhhhhKuchhhhhh Members Posts: 2,225 ✭✭
    Big fan of the Tour Striker Smart Ball. It's been a great help to me so far.




    +1 I love mine it is the best and only training aid I’ve consistently used
    Taylormade M4 10.5 Atmos X stiff
    Taylormade M4 16.5 Proforce V2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 & 4 iron, 716 AP2 5-PW X100
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 S300
    Taylormade Spider Red
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    I just got the Live View last week and I'm obsessed. I realize now that I never knew true happiness before. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />



    https://www.liveviewgolf.com/
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • peepeepeepee Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    The Hanger and the Smart Ball are both great to have!
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,712 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 13, 2018 #14
    Gautama wrote:


    I just got the Live View last week and I'm obsessed. I realize now that I never knew true happiness before. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />



    https://www.liveviewgolf.com/




    Rats, I am not supposed to be buying myself stuff this time year - has video quality improved? Work for putting practice?
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

    Gautama wrote:


    I just got the Live View last week and I'm obsessed. I realize now that I never knew true happiness before. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />



    https://www.liveviewgolf.com/




    Rats, I am not supposed to be buying myself stuff this time year - has video quality improved? Work for putting practice?




    That's on my list for 2019. In the meantime I FaceTime myself between my iPhone and iPad and use the iPhone as the camera...
  • kobe123kobe123 Golf Is A Way Of Life Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,003 ✭✭
    My favorite is: "Inputt" not many people have heard of it, but it changed my putting this year!
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    edited Dec 13, 2018 #17
    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    Rats, I am not supposed to be buying myself stuff this time year - has video quality improved? Work for putting practice?




    Somehow deleted my earlier post trying to add a video. Anyway, I've found the video quality to be quite good, and was worried about it too. It's not as good as shooting in slo mo on your iphone obviously, but more than good enough to track gross movements. What I really like is that you can set it to listen for impact and record - so, the ipad just hangs out down by the ball and when you hit it backs up a little and captures the whole swing, then automatically replays it at whatever speed you want (i think it's .25, .5, and .75x options). Instant feedback, and sets a really nice pace for your reps. I haven't used it for putting at all, but can't see why it wouldn't work the same, but you'd probably need to manually turn on the recording. There's sensitivity adjustments for the mic, but i doubt it would pick up a putt.



    Here's an example of a clip that's about as bad of quality as you'll get with it. My swing sucks so don't make fun of me, lol. Anyway, this is with a severe backlight on a very cold, snowy day, and the optional little plastic fisheye lens on there so i could have it closer to me on the range. And even this was so helpful that day. In better light and without the adaptor lens it's much clearer, I'll try to find an example like that (they're all on my ipad at home)



    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    Gautama wrote:

    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    Rats, I am not supposed to be buying myself stuff this time year - has video quality improved? Work for putting practice?




    Somehow deleted my earlier post trying to add a video. Anyway, I've found the video quality to be quite good, and was worried about it too.




    Dude, you have the same loop/drop in transition that I do!
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    PorscheFan wrote:


    Dude, you have the same loop/drop in transition that I do!




    Yeah man - hence the LIve View. I will leave this winter with proper transition or i'm hangin 'em up for good!
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    Gautama wrote:

    PorscheFan wrote:


    Dude, you have the same loop/drop in transition that I do!




    Yeah man - hence the LIve View. I will leave this winter with proper transition or i'm hangin 'em up for good!




    I've learned to embrace the loop, at least for now until I improve my shoulder (really lat) flexibility.



    I got screened this year and realized it was a flexibility vs. positional thing for me... Due to the stretch-shorten cycle, the higher I try to get my hands in the backswing, the faster my arms will fire back down again in the transition.



    That's where the benefit of something like LiveView really comes in IMO... You think you're making one move based on feel, but the camera can show you're really doing something completely different.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,712 ClubWRX
    By coincidence, Crossfield put up a vid on the PuttOut folks today, so if you haven't seen it in action, here you go!



  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

    Gautama wrote:


    I just got the Live View last week and I'm obsessed. I realize now that I never knew true happiness before. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />



    https://www.liveviewgolf.com/




    Rats, I am not supposed to be buying myself stuff this time year - has video quality improved? Work for putting practice?




    I use a camera with 4K capabilities and just connect it to my phone/device via built in tech.



    Works great. Just set the camera up on a tripod at your desired position.



    There's also an added bonus of being able to use it off the course for both great video and still image image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    I just got two long-awaited training aids on the same day: the Sheftic Pressure Broad and GravityFit.



    Have yet to delve into GravityFit as it just arrived, but the Sheftic Pressure Board is money already



  • dmac4gdmac4g Members Posts: 1,259 ✭✭
    Tour Striker Smart Ball. Only training aide I use regularly.
  • kobe123kobe123 Golf Is A Way Of Life Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,003 ✭✭
    PorscheFan wrote:


    I just got two long-awaited training aids on the same day: the Sheftic Pressure Broad and GravityFit.



    Have yet to delve into GravityFit as it just arrived, but the Sheftic Pressure Board is money already







    Any instructions on it? Basically get weight to right then to the left?
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    kobe123 wrote:

    PorscheFan wrote:


    I just got two long-awaited training aids on the same day: the Sheftic Pressure Broad and GravityFit.



    Have yet to delve into GravityFit as it just arrived, but the Sheftic Pressure Board is money already







    Any instructions on it? Basically get weight to right then to the left?




    There are a bunch of example videos on http://markshefticgolf.com



    It’s teaching pressure shift to trail, then to lead, and what it seems to be really good at is teaching you to start that shift early, before the downswing starts.



    Just played around with GravityFit. It feels incredibly constraining, like your arms have to be pinned by your side to keep the pressure points on your back in the backswing, but in reality it’s the correct way to do it. It’s so unnatural for me (my posture is [email protected]), so it forces me to keep my arms connected to my body (like a boimechanically correct version of what the smart ball does).



    It also forces you to activate your core and rotate your hips through properly... you really can’t throw your arms through and stall your hips early because your arms feel so pinned to your trunk.
  • glkglk send it in jerome Members Posts: 3,319 ✭✭
    PorscheFan wrote:

    kobe123 wrote:

    PorscheFan wrote:


    I just got two long-awaited training aids on the same day: the Sheftic Pressure Broad and GravityFit.



    Have yet to delve into GravityFit as it just arrived, but the Sheftic Pressure Board is money already







    Any instructions on it? Basically get weight to right then to the left?




    There are a bunch of example videos on http://markshefticgolf.com



    It’s teaching pressure shift to trail, then to lead, and what it seems to be really good at is teaching you to start that shift early, before the downswing starts.



    Just played around with GravityFit. It feels incredibly constraining, like your arms have to be pinned by your side to keep the pressure points on your back in the backswing, but in reality it’s the correct way to do it. It’s so unnatural for me (my posture is [email protected]), so it forces me to keep my arms connected to my body (like a boimechanically correct version of what the smart ball does).



    It also forces you to activate your core and rotate your hips through properly... you really can’t throw your arms through and stall your hips early because your arms feel so pinned to your trunk.




    Pressure board also helps with balance. It will twist depending on how you apply pressure both going back and thru - depends somewhat on surface you are using it.

    If it twists on the backswing you've learned you already are moving incorrectly. Ditto downswing - it supports developing a more linear pressure shift - not as good as being on a n a pressure mat but then again it's big value is in learning the downhill move to start transition - move pressure forward without swinging the arms down - early swings with the arms pulling will keep pressure on trail foot.

    Here's an example of it's use.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8qs0x6N1ns
  • ShotShot Banned Posts: 27
    Weighted training balls by Primed.
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    edited Dec 14, 2018 #29
    glk wrote:

    PorscheFan wrote:

    kobe123 wrote:

    PorscheFan wrote:


    I just got two long-awaited training aids on the same day: the Sheftic Pressure Broad and GravityFit.



    Have yet to delve into GravityFit as it just arrived, but the Sheftic Pressure Board is money already







    Any instructions on it? Basically get weight to right then to the left?




    There are a bunch of example videos on [url="http://markshefticgolf.com"]http://markshefticgolf.com[/url]



    It’s teaching pressure shift to trail, then to lead, and what it seems to be really good at is teaching you to start that shift early, before the downswing starts.



    Just played around with GravityFit. It feels incredibly constraining, like your arms have to be pinned by your side to keep the pressure points on your back in the backswing, but in reality it’s the correct way to do it. It’s so unnatural for me (my posture is [email protected]), so it forces me to keep my arms connected to my body (like a boimechanically correct version of what the smart ball does).



    It also forces you to activate your core and rotate your hips through properly... you really can’t throw your arms through and stall your hips early because your arms feel so pinned to your trunk.




    Pressure board also helps with balance. It will twist depending on how you apply pressure both going back and thru - depends somewhat on surface you are using it.

    If it twists on the backswing you've learned you already are moving incorrectly. Ditto downswing - it supports developing a more linear pressure shift - not as good as being on a n a pressure mat but then again it's big value is in learning the downhill move to start transition - move pressure forward without swinging the arms down - early swings with the arms pulling will keep pressure on trail foot.

    Here's an example of it's use.




    Yep, it improved my balance (basically how far I was bending over and hanging my mass out over my toes) within the first few hours.
  • KimjungillestKimjungillest Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    How much is live view going for? What I’ve done is use my iPad and iPhone and just FaceTime myself (using iPhone hotspot for iPad WiFi)
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    edited Dec 20, 2018 #31


    How much is live view going for? What I’ve done is use my iPad and iPhone and just FaceTime myself (using iPhone hotspot for iPad WiFi)




    It's $289, plus some options like the wide angle lens. I did ipod/ipad too, but with my setup anyway there was just too much latency. The thing that really surprised me about the live view is how much I'm loving the instant shot replay, just completely changes my practice. It does some other cool things too, like when you're front on you can reverse the image to be like a mirror so it doesn't look backwards to you, and you can draw lines and shapes on the image like you would in V1 or something, and then swing within them in real time. It really is cool, by far the best aid I've ever gotten.
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file