Leupold Golf Rangefinders under a 2-Year Warranty Now?

jaymay82jaymay82 Honolulu, HIMembers Posts: 515 ✭✭
In shopping for a new laser rangefinder, I noticed that a bunch of people swear by Leupold because of their "lifetime warranty", and having had older models that malfunctioned, replaced with new ones.

I recently checked their website and noticed that it now says rangefinders are under a 2-year warranty.

https://www.leupold.com/leupold-dna/lifetime-guarantee

Does anyone know if Leupold changed their policy? Are golf rangefinders now only covered by a 2-year period? If so, this was a huge selling point for me, and now I am considering other brands.
Nike | Titleist | Bridgestone

Comments

• dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,755 ClubWRX
    If you scroll down that page, there are reviews that indicate that it was 2 only for “electronic” devices. Looks like some thought it was lifetime when it wasn’t. Why not call Leupold and confirm it was or a recent change.

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Kuro Kage Silver Hybrid 80, stiff
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • jaymay82jaymay82 Honolulu, HIMembers Posts: 515 ✭✭
    dbdors wrote:

If you scroll down that page, there are reviews that indicate that it was 2 only for “electronic” devices. Looks like some thought it was lifetime when it wasn’t. Why not call Leupold and confirm it was or a recent change.

Yeah 2-year warranty on the rangefinders. I wonder if it was a recent change. In any case, I'm now looking at other brands.
    Nike | Titleist | Bridgestone
  • gc444gc444 Lefty Boomers Posts: 408 ✭✭
    jaymay82 wrote:

dbdors wrote:

Yeah 2-year warranty on the rangefinders. I wonder if it was a recent change. In any case, I'm now looking at other brands.

Nikon offers 5 year warranties. That was the last brand I bought.
  • LilzLilz Members Posts: 37 ✭✭
    I have [background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Leupold, why would you look for different? You think they'll not cover you? Like they have been for so many years. Your just a cheap person, wanting free stuff.[/background]
  • MathwizMathwiz Members Posts: 986 ✭✭
    edited Dec 29, 2018 #6
    Lilz wrote:

I have [background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Leupold, why would you look for different? You think they'll not cover you? Like they have been for so many years. Your just a cheap person, wanting free stuff.[/background]

No one said anything about wanting "free stuff".
    Ping G400 Max 10.5°
    Taylormade 2017 M2 15°
    Srixon U65 20° 3 iron
    Srixon z565 4 thru PW
    48° & 52° Cleveland CBX wedges
    Cleveland Smart sole wedge 58°
    Ping Sigma 2 Kushin  center shaft

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.
  • billh17billh17 just happy to play Members Posts: 2,867 ✭✭
    Lilz wrote:

LOL WOW....thats all......just WOW
    Certified Orginal Member#2
    Outlaw Golf Association
    To Heck with the USGA
  • ejcrosslejcrossl Members Posts: 2
    I sent my Leupold Gx-3i back with a faded screen this month. They just offered 60% off any new purchase from their super inflated MSRP prices. Save a couple $'s off buying one off the street, but not that much when trying to replace an already expensive one.
  • OSKARJONESOSKARJONES Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    I sent back a GX-2i2 that was about 3 years old. It wasn't picking up flags consistently and hardly ever locking on to prisms. About 7 days after sending it off I received a brand new GX-2i3. I'm not sure what the warranty was on the old unit but the new rangefinder states 2 years. BTW the 2i3 is smaller and seems to read distances a little faster.
  • ivygynoncivygynonc Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I too sent back my GX-4 for giving incorrect yardages. they sent me a new one without worry. never asked about when I purchased it or not. sent in old model, received a new one after about about 10days. excellent email and phone communication. I would not buy another rangefinder after this. they are a bit expensive, but they are the best in my opinion and experience when it failed to work as expected.