Leupold Golf Rangefinders under a 2-Year Warranty Now?

 jaymay82 ·  
jaymay82jaymay82 Honolulu, HIMembers  518WRX Points: 46Posts: 518 Golden Tee
Joined:  in GPS/Range Finders/Mobile Apps #1
In shopping for a new laser rangefinder, I noticed that a bunch of people swear by Leupold because of their "lifetime warranty", and having had older models that malfunctioned, replaced with new ones.



I recently checked their website and noticed that it now says rangefinders are under a 2-year warranty.



https://www.leupold.com/leupold-dna/lifetime-guarantee



Does anyone know if Leupold changed their policy? Are golf rangefinders now only covered by a 2-year period? If so, this was a huge selling point for me, and now I am considering other brands.
Posted:
Nike | Titleist | Bridgestone
«1
2

Comments

  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX  2213WRX Points: 290Handicap: 15Posts: 2,213 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #2
    If you scroll down that page, there are reviews that indicate that it was 2 only for “electronic” devices. Looks like some thought it was lifetime when it wasn’t. Why not call Leupold and confirm it was or a recent change.
    Posted:

    Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, MC Diamana Thump 75 S
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 119 19*, 22*, Project X EvenFlow Blue Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 55*, 60*, Accra 80i
    Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2 blacked out, KBS CT Tour, 355g, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
    Ball: Maxfli Tour
    Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: SkyCaddie SX400/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jaymay82jaymay82 Honolulu, HIMembers  518WRX Points: 46Posts: 518 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #3
    dbdors wrote:


    If you scroll down that page, there are reviews that indicate that it was 2 only for “electronic” devices. Looks like some thought it was lifetime when it wasn’t. Why not call Leupold and confirm it was or a recent change.




    Yeah 2-year warranty on the rangefinders. I wonder if it was a recent change. In any case, I'm now looking at other brands.
    Posted:
    Nike | Titleist | Bridgestone
  • LHGolf4LHGolf4 Lefty Boomers  568WRX Points: 200Posts: 568 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #4
    jaymay82 wrote:

    dbdors wrote:


    If you scroll down that page, there are reviews that indicate that it was 2 only for “electronic” devices. Looks like some thought it was lifetime when it wasn’t. Why not call Leupold and confirm it was or a recent change.




    Yeah 2-year warranty on the rangefinders. I wonder if it was a recent change. In any case, I'm now looking at other brands.




    Nikon offers 5 year warranties. That was the last brand I bought.
    Posted:
  • LilzLilz Members  38WRX Points: 22Posts: 38 Bunkers
    Joined:  #5
    I have [background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Leupold, why would you look for different? You think they'll not cover you? Like they have been for so many years. Your just a cheap person, wanting free stuff.[/background]
    Posted:
  • MathwizMathwiz Members  987WRX Points: 123Posts: 987 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Dec 29, 2018 #6
    Lilz wrote:


    I have [background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Leupold, why would you look for different? You think they'll not cover you? Like they have been for so many years. Your just a cheap person, wanting free stuff.[/background]




    No one said anything about wanting "free stuff".
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5°
    Taylormade 2017 M2 15°
    Srixon U65 20° 3 iron
    Srixon z565 4 thru PW
    48° & 52° Cleveland CBX wedges
    Cleveland Smart sole wedge 58°
    Ping Sigma 2 Kushin  center shaft

    All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.
  • billh17billh17 just happy to play Members  3144WRX Points: 2,592Posts: 3,144 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #7
    Lilz wrote:


    I have [background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Leupold, why would you look for different? You think they'll not cover you? Like they have been for so many years. Your just a cheap person, wanting free stuff.[/background]


    LOL WOW....thats all......just WOW
    Posted:
    Certified Orginal Member#2
    Outlaw Golf Association
    To Heck with the USGA
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ejcrosslejcrossl AzMembers  24WRX Points: 18Handicap: 11Posts: 24 Bunkers
    Joined:  #8
    I sent my Leupold Gx-3i back with a faded screen this month. They just offered 60% off any new purchase from their super inflated MSRP prices. Save a couple $'s off buying one off the street, but not that much when trying to replace an already expensive one.
    Posted:

    Driver - TM M5 Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 7x
    3W - TM M3 AD DI 7x
    4-5 - Srixon Z585 Modus 120x
    6-W - Srixon Z785 Modus 120x
    51/56/60 - Cleveland RTX4
    Putter - EvnRoll ER5

  • OSKARJONESOSKARJONES Members  277WRX Points: 79Posts: 277 Greens
    Joined:  #9
    I sent back a GX-2i2 that was about 3 years old. It wasn't picking up flags consistently and hardly ever locking on to prisms. About 7 days after sending it off I received a brand new GX-2i3. I'm not sure what the warranty was on the old unit but the new rangefinder states 2 years. BTW the 2i3 is smaller and seems to read distances a little faster.
    Posted:
  • ivygynoncivygynonc Members  41WRX Points: 41Posts: 41 Bunkers
    Joined:  #10
    I too sent back my GX-4 for giving incorrect yardages. they sent me a new one without worry. never asked about when I purchased it or not. sent in old model, received a new one after about about 10days. excellent email and phone communication. I would not buy another rangefinder after this. they are a bit expensive, but they are the best in my opinion and experience when it failed to work as expected.
    Posted:
  • melcoebmelcoeb Members  54WRX Points: 71Posts: 54 Bunkers
    Joined:  #11

    Leupold is off the board for me. Fading display on Gx-4i. Got the same % off offer. No thanks. Went to Callaway 300 Pro.

    Posted:
  • maxilimmaxilim Members  93WRX Points: 61Posts: 93 Fairways
    Joined:  #12

    I just had my GX-4i2 experienced its 2nd and final problem. The first happened last year with the slope not working, for which they fixed under warranty. This time it's due to yardage not working. I looked through my documentation and it does show that the warranty for electronics is 2 years. My initial purchasing decision was based on the many reports of Leupold's lifetime warranty and the many stories here on Golfwrx for extended support. Since the product is no longer under warranty repair, they are offering a 50% discount off market prices for their current rangefinders. Not a bad deal, but I think I'm going to look elsewhere. Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized is the only company offering a 5-year warranty on their rangefinder.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • timbo08timbo08 Members  2158WRX Points: 153Posts: 2,158 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #13

    Same thoughts as everyone else here. Bought Leupold for the quality and warranty. My first unit was a TANK. Had problems, got offered the 60% off, which I did go for but the quality of the second unit is not the same. started having problems with it near the end of last summer and it barely functions now, locking onto everything but the flag. Need to send it back in still for warranty but considering I am on the hook for shipping, I am in no rush. Picked up a Bushnell and haven't looked back.

    Posted:
  • btpd806btpd806 Members  48WRX Points: 25Posts: 48 Bunkers
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2019 #14

    My GX-4i took a dump, 60% of 840.00 for the 5i forget it. Amazon sells it for 500.00 basically, no to inflated prices. I will never buy leupold again, I bought the rolls royce years ago , turned out to be a ford pinto and I would think better customer service would have been nice for dropping that much years ago

    Posted:
  • torbilltorbill Members  425WRX Points: 285Posts: 425 Greens
    Joined:  #15

    The warranty is two years, and if you are out of warranty the “60% discount” on a replacement is a scam as far as I am concerned.

    The reason is that their MSRP prices are artificially high, and this is what the discount is based on. I mean, really, $800 MSRP for a laser rangefinder? What other competitive unit is priced at anywhere near that sort of MSRP? It’s ridiculous, and it has to be structured this way by Leupold so that they can replace units and make people think that they got some sort of deal, when in reality all they are getting is the same sort of price that they could pick up a competitive unit for, at street prices.

    I had an expensive Leupold fail, about three months out of warranty. They offered me the 60% off deal. I could buy a Bushnell for less than the Leupold deal, and I did. I liked the Leupold when it was working, but the Bushnell is actually a better unit - faster and slightly better at picking out targets. I got a little over two years out of a Leupold that my wife (Xmas present) paid the better part of $500 for, street price. No Leupolds in my future, ever again - once burned, twice shy.

    Posted:
  • maxilimmaxilim Members  93WRX Points: 61Posts: 93 Fairways
    Joined:  #16

    To be fair, 50% - 60% discount applies to the price one would pay for a new GPS from a local retail store and not the MSRP. A bit unusual since discounts are normally applied to the MSRP. After a lot of research and deliberation, I ended up paying $250 + local tax for a new GX-5i3, which includes a 2-year warranty. I wished that they would have fixed it for free, but in my 5 years of ownership with the GX-4i2, I've come to appreciate Leupold's performance and accuracy. Compared to other products selling for $250, it's a great deal.

    Posted:
  • torbilltorbill Members  425WRX Points: 285Posts: 425 Greens
    Joined:  edited Aug 16, 2019 #17

    maxilim, that’s interesting.

    The process that I used was to send my unit to Leupold. Leupold sent me an email, indicating the my unit was out of warranty. They gave me a number to call, to discuss “my options”. I called the number. I was told by their representative that I could buy another Leupold at 60% off. I told them to return my unit, as I had already seen on their website that their selling price for the gx-5i3 is $844.95.

    How did they arrive at a selling price to you of $250? If they didn’t use their own selling price as the reference, whose price did they use?

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Chris_NHChris_NH Members  550WRX Points: 103Posts: 550 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 16, 2019 #18

    On -, @torbill said:

    The warranty is two years, and if you are out of warranty the “60% discount” on a replacement is a scam as far as I am concerned.

    The reason is that their MSRP prices are artificially high, and this is what the discount is based on. I mean, really, $800 MSRP for a laser rangefinder? What other competitive unit is priced at anywhere near that sort of MSRP? It’s ridiculous, and it has to be structured this way by Leupold so that they can replace units and make people think that they got some sort of deal, when in reality all they are getting is the same sort of price that they could pick up a competitive unit for, at street prices.

    I had an expensive Leupold fail, about three months out of warranty. They offered me the 60% off deal. I could buy a Bushnell for less than the Leupold deal, and I did. I liked the Leupold when it was working, but the Bushnell is actually a better unit - faster and slightly better at picking out targets. I got a little over two years out of a Leupold that my wife (Xmas present) paid the better part of $500 for, street price. No Leupolds in my future, ever again - once burned, twice shy.

    Your figures are not correct - at least, they don’t match up to the transaction I just completed a couple of hours ago.

    I sent in my old GX-1. It cannot be repaired so they are sending me a GX-1i3 for $145 + $11 sales tax - free shipping. That’s 28% of the $520 MSRP listed on their website and a bit under 50% of what I’d spend at online retailers. That’s a heck of a bargain.

    Posted:
  • Chris_NHChris_NH Members  550WRX Points: 103Posts: 550 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 16, 2019 #19

    On -, @torbill said:

    maxilim, that’s interesting.

    The process that I used was to send my unit to Leupold. Leupold sent me an email, indicating the my unit was out of warranty. They gave me a number to call, to discuss “my options”. I called the number. I was told by their representative that I could buy another Leupold at 60% off. I told them to return my unit, as I had already seen on their website that their selling price for the gx-5i3 is $844.95.

    How did they arrive at a selling price to you of $250? If they didn’t use their own selling price as the reference, whose price did they use?

    If you got that far, you should have just asked one more question and asked what the price would be rather than making an assumption about what price they were using.

    Posted:
  • torbilltorbill Members  425WRX Points: 285Posts: 425 Greens
    Joined:  #20

    On -, @Chris_NH said:

    On -, @torbill said:

    maxilim, that’s interesting.

    The process that I used was to send my unit to Leupold. Leupold sent me an email, indicating the my unit was out of warranty. They gave me a number to call, to discuss “my options”. I called the number. I was told by their representative that I could buy another Leupold at 60% off. I told them to return my unit, as I had already seen on their website that their selling price for the gx-5i3 is $844.95.

    How did they arrive at a selling price to you of $250? If they didn’t use their own selling price as the reference, whose price did they use?

    If you got that far, you should have just asked one more question and asked what the price would be rather than making an assumption about what price they were using.

    Chris, for me this was mostly about expectations. My expectation was that my unit was repairable and would be repaired free. I got this expectation in part from a friend I golf with. He was a Leupold factory rep for many years, now retired. He told me that he never knew of a customer who had a problem with a Leupold unit where the customer had to pay for a repair - and in fact Leupold would often just ship a new one rather than repair the broken one. And this was consistent with what I had been told by others. This was the fabled Leupold service, if you will. (And, BTW, when I told him about my recent experience, he was as surprised and disappointed as I was.)

    So, when I was told that the unit was not repairable and that I would have to pay 40% there was no need for further conversation. 40% of $844.95, or $500, or whatever the number made no difference, really. My unit was barely out of warranty. Leupold obviously has some problems with their display technology, and I’m not about to put good money after bad when there are so many other cost-effective options out there.

    It was wrong for me to assume that the 40% was based on MSRP, hence that Leupold is scamming its customers. I stand corrected, and I am sorry to have provided inaccurate information.

    maxilim got a great value on replacing a 5 year old unit that gave him good service, so I can understand his positive view. OTOH, my feelings about Leupold products and service are covered with what I wrote in Message #7 of this thread, and they stand:

    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1766738/dilemma-leupold-60-off-or-switch-brands#latest

    Posted:
  • Chris_NHChris_NH Members  550WRX Points: 103Posts: 550 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 16, 2019 #21

    Torbill
    I completely understand the disappointment. I was just trying to correct the record so that people understand the terms. Although it didn’t work out well for you, I think those terms of offering a substantial discount are very generous. For me, I got 8-ish years out of a second-hand unit then a new one for $150.

    That builds brand loyalty in my case. I’m sorry that you were in the other end of that.

    Posted:
  • maxilimmaxilim Members  93WRX Points: 61Posts: 93 Fairways
    Joined:  #22

    Torbill, my apologies for not responding. This is my first post since the site got updated and my notifications got changed. Chris_NH, thank you for responding.

    I will admit, I am not happy with the entire process, but I'm no longer upset. I wouldn't go as far as saying the discount creates brand loyalty, especially when comparing it to the way Taylormade, Callaway, and Titleist does it. Brand loyalty for me is knowing the company is willing to stand behind their product. In the hunting world, Leupold scopes are world renown for quality, durability, and lifetime service. Other posts had eluded that Leupold's level of service did extend to their rangefinders, but thanks to OP (jaymay82), others and my own personal experience, that no longer is true.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jacobtanakajacobtanaka Members  9WRX Points: 7Posts: 9 Bunkers
    Joined:  #23

    As a US citizen you must know the basics of warranty of any product you buy online or offline.

    Federal Consumer Warranty Regulations

    Passed in 1975, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act governs all virtually all consumer product warranties in the U.S. for products costing more than just a few dollars. The law requires retailers that offer written warranties to meet certain standards, such as making it available for consumers to read before purchasing.

    While it does not require merchants to offer written warranties, they are required to follow the act as soon as they do offer one. All written warranties must be written plain language (in other words, no "legalese" or otherwise confusing text) and include the following:

    Name address of company extending the warranty
    Covered product or parts
    What the warranty entails: Replacement, repair, or complete refund (and whether the customer must pay for shipping or other    costs)
    The length of time the warranty covers the product from the date of purchase
    What the warranty does not cover (such as damage caused by improper or illegal use)
    Information about any dispute resolution procedures that may be necessary in some cases
    Concise information about the consumer's legal rights
    

    The act does not apply to the following:

    Oral warranties
    Warranties on services (unless the warranty covers both the parts needed for a repair and the service)
    Products sold for resale or commercially (i.e. not for end consumers)
    

    While the act makes it easier for consumers to sue merchants for breach of warranty (a violation of federal law), merchants may—and often do—require customers to attempt resolving the issue by means of arbitration or mediation before filing a lawsuit.

    There are mainly two main types warranties associated with products, express and implied warranties. An express warranty is one that is clearly stated (or "expressed") either verbally or in writing, while an implied warranty automatically covers most consumer goods valued over a certain amount, but only provides a base level of protection for consumers.

    Express Warranties

    An express warranty can take several different forms, whether spoken or written, and is basically a guarantee that the product will meet a certain level of quality and reliability. If the product fails in this regard, the manufacturer will fix or replace the product for no additional charge. Many such warranties are printed on a product's packaging or made available as an option.

    A verbal express warranty may be as simple as a car dealer telling a customer, "I guarantee that this engine will last another 100,000 miles." If the car fails to live up to this claim, the buyer may take it up with the seller (although proving the existence of a verbal warranty is very difficult).

    Other warranties may be expressed in writing but do not necessarily look like traditional warranties. For example, a light bulb manufacturer prints the words "lasts 15,000 hours" on its packaging. The words "guaranteed" or "warranty" do not appear, but this claim nevertheless is an express warranty.

    Implied Warranties

    Most consumer purchases are covered by an implied warranty of merchantability, which means it is guaranteed to work as claimed. For instance, a vacuum cleaner that does not create enough suction to clean an average floor is in breach of the implied warranty of merchantability. Federal law defines "merchantable" by the following criteria:

    They must conform to the standards of the trade as applicable to the contract for sale.
    They must be fit for the purposes such goods are ordinarily used, even if the buyer ordered them for use otherwise.
    They must be uniform as to quality and quantity, within tolerances of the contract for sale.
    They must be packaged and labeled per the contract for sale.
    They must meet the specifications on the package labels, even if not so specified by the contract for sale.
    

    Even used goods are covered, although some states allow retailers of either used or new goods to invalidate the implied warranty by stating "sold as is."

    Products guaranteed for a different purpose than what the manufacturer explicitly intended come with an implied warranty of fitness. For example, if a shoe salesperson sells you a pair of high heels for running -- assuming you've made it clear that you want shoes for running -- then your purchase is covered under an implied warranty of fitness.

    Posted:
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members  856WRX Points: 105Posts: 856 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #24

    just sent in my couple seasons old gx1 and im not liking what im reading here... when i purchased it was bc of the legendary customer service rep they had.

    will let you know when i hear back. they emailed saying it would take "18 days".

    Posted:
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • 78Staff78Staff Members  3946WRX Points: 161Posts: 3,946 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 4, 2019 #25

    Leupold electronics based items warranty is horrible, 2 years as already stated, has been for some time. Gold Ring Optics (and possibly other models) does have lifetime, so some just confuse it and assume all Leupold is lifetime, which is incorrect. Every once in a while someone will post they got Leupold rangefinder replaced for free, but it's certainly not the norm.
    Other companies (Bushnell, Nikon, etc) are similar. AFAIK, Vortex is the only company that honors a lifetime warranty on a electronic part, ie a rangefinder. But I don't think they offer a golf model (although I suspect the Impact 850 would work fine for golf). I actually just chose a Vortex 1800 rangefinder over a Leupold for hunting, specifically due to the warranty.

    Posted:
    917D3 8.5* EvenFlow Black 65s
    917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
    816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
    712MB S300 
    Vokey SM6 56/60
    Cameron Fastback 2
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members  6390WRX Points: 344Posts: 6,390 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #26

    It's simple.

    Leupold HAD a great warranty/replacement policy.

    Then, too many claims and returns took its toll and that policy became expensive for them to maintain.

    It wasn't because they had a bulletproof rangefinder, it was because they used to fix/replace them under warranty for free that had so many users raving.

    Posted:

    X________________________________
    Sign Here

  • torbilltorbill Members  425WRX Points: 285Posts: 425 Greens
    Joined:  #27

    On -, @jacobtanaka said:

    As a US citizen you must know the basics of warranty of any product you buy online or offline.

    Federal Consumer Warranty Regulations

    Passed in 1975, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act governs all virtually all consumer product warranties in the U.S. for products costing more than just a few dollars. The law requires retailers that offer written warranties to meet certain standards, such as making it available for consumers to read before purchasing.

    While it does not require merchants to offer written warranties, they are required to follow the act as soon as they do offer one. All written warranties must be written plain language (in other words, no "legalese" or otherwise confusing text) and include the following:

    Name address of company extending the warranty
    Covered product or parts
    What the warranty entails: Replacement, repair, or complete refund (and whether the customer must pay for shipping or other    costs)
    The length of time the warranty covers the product from the date of purchase
    What the warranty does not cover (such as damage caused by improper or illegal use)
    Information about any dispute resolution procedures that may be necessary in some cases
    Concise information about the consumer's legal rights
    

    The act does not apply to the following:

    Oral warranties
    Warranties on services (unless the warranty covers both the parts needed for a repair and the service)
    Products sold for resale or commercially (i.e. not for end consumers)
    

    While the act makes it easier for consumers to sue merchants for breach of warranty (a violation of federal law), merchants may—and often do—require customers to attempt resolving the issue by means of arbitration or mediation before filing a lawsuit.

    There are mainly two main types warranties associated with products, express and implied warranties. An express warranty is one that is clearly stated (or "expressed") either verbally or in writing, while an implied warranty automatically covers most consumer goods valued over a certain amount, but only provides a base level of protection for consumers.

    Express Warranties

    An express warranty can take several different forms, whether spoken or written, and is basically a guarantee that the product will meet a certain level of quality and reliability. If the product fails in this regard, the manufacturer will fix or replace the product for no additional charge. Many such warranties are printed on a product's packaging or made available as an option.

    A verbal express warranty may be as simple as a car dealer telling a customer, "I guarantee that this engine will last another 100,000 miles." If the car fails to live up to this claim, the buyer may take it up with the seller (although proving the existence of a verbal warranty is very difficult).

    Other warranties may be expressed in writing but do not necessarily look like traditional warranties. For example, a light bulb manufacturer prints the words "lasts 15,000 hours" on its packaging. The words "guaranteed" or "warranty" do not appear, but this claim nevertheless is an express warranty.

    Implied Warranties

    Most consumer purchases are covered by an implied warranty of merchantability, which means it is guaranteed to work as claimed. For instance, a vacuum cleaner that does not create enough suction to clean an average floor is in breach of the implied warranty of merchantability. Federal law defines "merchantable" by the following criteria:

    They must conform to the standards of the trade as applicable to the contract for sale.
    They must be fit for the purposes such goods are ordinarily used, even if the buyer ordered them for use otherwise.
    They must be uniform as to quality and quantity, within tolerances of the contract for sale.
    They must be packaged and labeled per the contract for sale.
    They must meet the specifications on the package labels, even if not so specified by the contract for sale.
    

    Even used goods are covered, although some states allow retailers of either used or new goods to invalidate the implied warranty by stating "sold as is."

    Products guaranteed for a different purpose than what the manufacturer explicitly intended come with an implied warranty of fitness. For example, if a shoe salesperson sells you a pair of high heels for running -- assuming you've made it clear that you want shoes for running -- then your purchase is covered under an implied warranty of fitness.

    This post misses the point. This isn’t a discussion of warranty legality. There isn’t a person here who has insinuated that Leupold is not within its legal rights.

    Rather, this discussion is about people reacting to a long-standing policy/perception that Leupold has now changed. Couple this with an apparent deterioration in product quality/reliability, and we have a number of people who are surprised and disappointed, and are beginning to realize that Leupold has become just another company, no different from the rest (some of whom also offer the 60% off deal).

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jg1166jg1166 Members  372WRX Points: 90Posts: 372 Greens
    Joined:  #28

    I think the biggest word in your statement is perception. Yes perception can be everything for products but it is perception that also goes for the quality comment. I am a leupold owner and user and products have been great do they work better than other range finders, in my experience and opinion yes but that is my view. Are there more issues now not sure maybe a percentage problem to items sold form Leupold would give a better view.

    They honour warranties, you believe their pricing is over inflated that fine you can buy other items. Support outside of warranty is still good not all organisations are is reasonable

    Posted:
  • EBE-GOLFINEBE-GOLFIN Members  121WRX Points: 72Handicap: 9Posts: 121 Fairways
    Joined:  #29

    I had my GX-3i Leupold for 10 plus years. I just lost it and put part of the blame on those magnitic wraps you put around the unit and then you can attache it to the golf cart. So Im in the market for a replacement. My Leupold performed perfect for 9 years and this last year the digital number display were fractioned.
    Lasting 9/10 years is amazing and for me it is difficult not to go Leupold again,

    I did call them re the display issues and they offered the 60 percent off. I will be looking at other brands but from my 10 year life with my Leupold than is a life time warranty. At my age, If my next range firnder gives me 10 years it may very well be my last. Hope not tho.

    Posted:
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members  856WRX Points: 105Posts: 856 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #30

    So i had an old device die on me. I didnt think much of it (as it served me well for a couple seasons) and replaced it quickly with a small handheld GPS (bushnell phantom). I eventually sent the "dead" leupold unit to them and was surprised to receive a brand new in plastic updated version (Gx-2i3). i wont be using it as i ended up liking the gps better, but id recommend people to do patronize them due to my great experience with their CS.

    i guess your miles may vary when dealing with CS.

    Posted:
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • torbilltorbill Members  425WRX Points: 285Posts: 425 Greens
    Joined:  #31

    On -, @payerasjl said:

    So i had an old device die on me. I didnt think much of it (as it served me well for a couple seasons) and replaced it quickly with a small handheld GPS (bushnell phantom). I eventually sent the "dead" leupold unit to them and was surprised to receive a brand new in plastic updated version (Gx-2i3). i wont be using it as i ended up liking the gps better, but id recommend people to do patronize them due to my great experience with their CS.

    i guess your miles may vary when dealing with CS.

    Check the date on your sales slip. I’ll virtually guarantee that you were still in the warranty period. There have been no recent reports of free replacements for rangefinders that are out of warranty. Outside the warranty period Leupold is offering 60% off, not free.

    Posted:
2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.