Best Distance Irons for seniors

1235»

Comments

• disco111disco111 Members  1263WRX Points: 353Handicap: 7Posts: 1,263 Platinum Tees

Happened upon this video and it was interesting. At one point during the fitting, he got an additional 17 yds over his current club. I don't know about you, but to me that's a lot of distance being picked up. On a side note, would really like to see BenRoss clubs here in the states.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • LONGBALL777LONGBALL777 Members  130WRX Points: 53Handicap: 20Posts: 130 Fairways
    Have to suggest the Tour Edge Iron Woods. I think the most recent version is the Hot Launch 3. This is an all hybrid set that can be purchased very reasonably. Great clubs.
    Posted:
  • hardtenhardten Members  3659WRX Points: 151Posts: 3,659 Titanium Tees
    youraway2 wrote:

I'm 74, been playing TM 2008 Tour Burner R-flex, graphite shafted irons since 2008, loved them. The last year I felt I was starting to lose distance and many less than solid strikes. I was having trouble getting 140 out of a six-iron. Of course it was my swing and tempo, but I decided a new set of irons was what I needed. I've been down this road before only to go back to the TM's, more than once. This time I purchased a set of PXG irons with Aerotech steel fiber shafts, R flex. Loved them, but staring hitting them frequently near the toe. So, decided to pull the trigger on a set of CF-16's with 760 ES Recoil shafts and now I'm striking the ball better than ever. My lost distance has returned and the feeling at compact, awesome. So, even though CF-16's are not supposed to be forgiving, but for me, they are and my 6-iron easily obtains 150-60 yards.

I tried my 2008 TM's again, and wouldn't ever consider playing them. The PXG's are really nice, but have been assigned as a back-up set, to play once in a while. The CF-16's are staying in the bag for now, at least until I try the CF-19's.

Bottom line, you must like the look, like the feel, and like the shaft. I do believe Recoil shafts are hard to beat, especially for a senior like me.

You playing regular (F3) or stiff (F4) in your Recoils?. I played Recoil i95 F3 in my Apex (before cf16 Apex) for a few years and they were ok but asking because I hear the 760/780 recoils play a bit softer and might consider F4s now. Then again I turned 72 yesterday however 50 years of religiously running or gym 5-7 days a week have kept me somewhat strong. My problem is parts continue to need replacement !!! Running and Div I football took it's toll on my body now years afterwards.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.