Tiger Inspired Kingston KP2

2»

Comments

  • kfurnokfurno kfurno Members Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I just told Kyle that I wanted softening Tiger style. He knew I like the old PING Anser 2 so he just did his thing from there.
    Taylormade 2016 M1 HZRDUS Black
    Nike Covert Tour 3wd
    Adams Red Hybrid 18 degrees
    Mizuno MP-18SC (4-7) MB (8-PW) KBS C-Taper 120
    Vokey 52,56,60
    Kingston KP2 GSS
  • kfurnokfurno kfurno Members Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I just picked up the putter from USPS, and even after 20min on my putting mat inside, I can already tell it’s an awesome putter! Will try to get on grass soon.



    Face milling: The smooth face feels fantastic and has a great sound to it, exactly what I was looking for. Feels pure when struck in the center but not overly penal on a mishit. It has a solid, crisp, yet light impact just like the Anser 2 I’ve been trying to replicate.



    Offset: The less than full shaft offset and sightdot is perfect for me. As mentioned I have a studio select, before all the inserts, and that has more offset and sets up totally different. The Kingston has a much more streamlined look.



    Weight: initially I was concerned that 347g was going to be too heavy because I have the Scotty setup with 15g weights (350g) and to me it feels too heavy at 35”. I’ve also heard that when people weigh Scotty heads they can come out heavier than expected, so who knows, every putter is different. All this to say is that so far the balance feels perfect with the Kingston, not too heavy and not too light.



    This putter is fantastic, couldn’t be any happier and I 100% recommend! Service and communication from Kyle was just as top notch as the putter itself!







    Taylormade 2016 M1 HZRDUS Black
    Nike Covert Tour 3wd
    Adams Red Hybrid 18 degrees
    Mizuno MP-18SC (4-7) MB (8-PW) KBS C-Taper 120
    Vokey 52,56,60
    Kingston KP2 GSS
  • kfurnokfurno kfurno Members Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Bumping this thread, wanted to share this view. So clean!
    Taylormade 2016 M1 HZRDUS Black
    Nike Covert Tour 3wd
    Adams Red Hybrid 18 degrees
    Mizuno MP-18SC (4-7) MB (8-PW) KBS C-Taper 120
    Vokey 52,56,60
    Kingston KP2 GSS
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,231 ✭✭
    kfurno wrote:


    Bumping this thread, wanted to share this view. So clean!


    That's beautiful!
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    TM M1 Tour issue 14* - Maltby ProSeries FW - S
    Maltby KE4 Tour 19*/22* - Kuro Kage Black 80hy - S
    Maltby MMB 17 - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    W/S Bucktown
  • Hoolagn18Hoolagn18 Members Posts: 55
    kfurno wrote:


    I've been searching for the perfect putter all year and decided it didn't yet exist from the big corporate manufacturers. There were many aspects that I liked from each but no one company had exactly what I was looking for. I fell in love with an old school stainless Ping Anser 2, just wish I didn't have to put so much lead tape on it. The thin topline sets up well for me and the smooth face provides solid, but not harsh, feedback. There is such a thing as 'too soft' when it comes to putting, in my opinion. It's a pleasure to play with, and if only someone could make one for me with a few design tweaks...enter Kyle at Kingston Putters.



    As mentioned, I like the Anser 2 look and have always liked Tiger’s putter (can you blame me, it's iconic!) so I ordered a Kingston KP2. What attracted me to the KP2 was the thin topline, flat bumpers, clean sole, smooth face, and ability to customize alignment aids and other cosmetics. I'm left eye dominant so the 3/8 offset and sight dot work well for me. The head is 347g of German Stainless Steel, bent to my specs, coming with a 35" shaft and Ping blackout grip with three wraps of tape. I've really come to like this grip, and not just because TW uses it.



    I emailed Kyle about two weeks ago and have had numerous emails back and forth about my putter details, sending progress pics along the way. He's quick to reply and more than happy to answer questions and provide feedback/guidance. I can't believe it but it ships tomorrow! Once it comes in, I'll head straight to course and provide a more thorough account of my experience.



    Kyle was tremendous to work with and I’ll definitely be a repeat customer, no reason to go anywhere else!
    Great looking putter, I'll have to check Kingston putters out on the web.
  • Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,151 mod
    Very cool putter! Congrats
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
  • Fairways_and_GreensFairways_and_Greens Members Posts: 760 ✭✭

    @kfurno said:
    I've been searching for the perfect putter all year and decided it didn't yet exist from the big corporate manufacturers. There were many aspects that I liked from each but no one company had exactly what I was looking for. I fell in love with an old school stainless Ping Anser 2, just wish I didn't have to put so much lead tape on it. The thin topline sets up well for me and the smooth face provides solid, but not harsh, feedback. There is such a thing as 'too soft' when it comes to putting, in my opinion. It's a pleasure to play with, and if only someone could make one for me with a few design tweaks...enter Kyle at Kingston Putters.

    As mentioned, I like the Anser 2 look and have always liked Tiger’s putter (can you blame me, it's iconic!) so I ordered a Kingston KP2. What attracted me to the KP2 was the thin topline, flat bumpers, clean sole, smooth face, and ability to customize alignment aids and other cosmetics. I'm left eye dominant so the 3/8 offset and sight dot work well for me. The head is 347g of German Stainless Steel, bent to my specs, coming with a 35" shaft and Ping blackout grip with three wraps of tape. I've really come to like this grip, and not just because TW uses it.

    I emailed Kyle about two weeks ago and have had numerous emails back and forth about my putter details, sending progress pics along the way. He's quick to reply and more than happy to answer questions and provide feedback/guidance. I can't believe it but it ships tomorrow! Once it comes in, I'll head straight to course and provide a more thorough account of my experience.

    Kyle was tremendous to work with and I’ll definitely be a repeat customer, no reason to go anywhere else!

    Is this the same putter that's up on eBay?

    Rogue Sub Zero 9° Kuro Kage Dual Core tx
    917 F2 15° Diamana S+ 80x
    917 F2 18° ATX Blue 85x
    915H.d 20.5° Modus3 105x
    Z765 Modus3 125x
    Z765 51° Modus3 125x
    Mack Daddy Forged 58° Super Peening Blue
    EvnRoll 8
    Z Star XV
  • newportbeachnewportbeach Members Posts: 3,508 ✭✭

    Nice looking stocks.

    Though much is taken much abides;
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    - Lord Tennyson
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,391 ✭✭

    Looks like the same one to me!

    TAYLORMADE M3 RIP'D X 6.5
    COBRA F8 19* HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    CALLAWAY XR PRO 23* PX 6.0
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S TITLEIST SM6 52, 24, 56
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2018 NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5
    TITLEIST TOUR BAG


  • Soonr83Soonr83 ClubWRX Posts: 109 ✭✭

    I’ve been gaming this one for a few weeks. Custom bead blasted GSS KP2. It’s totally naked except for the K on the heel of the face. Sits at 70* lie angle, 3* of loft and 350g. I had a custom raw carbon KP1 and regretted selling immediately. I will end up having him make one just like it. IMO, there is absolutely no better value in custom milled putters than Kingston. Kyle is a great guy and really talented. Here’s mine! Pics:



  • kfurnokfurno kfurno Members Posts: 43 ✭✭

    Yes it was the same tiger KP2; I was having trouble with it but got a SAM analysis done yesterday and found out I need more loft, so with a subtle tweak I hit it much better and will keep it! 4.5* vs 3* makes a big difference apparently! I highly recommend a SAM, and before one orders a custom so it gets done right the first time. User error!

    Taylormade 2016 M1 HZRDUS Black
    Nike Covert Tour 3wd
    Adams Red Hybrid 18 degrees
    Mizuno MP-18SC (4-7) MB (8-PW) KBS C-Taper 120
    Vokey 52,56,60
    Kingston KP2 GSS
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
  • JDW3JDW3 Members Posts: 614 ✭✭

    Really nice putter.

    I've been intrigued by Kingston putters since I first found out about them a couple years ago. Wish he had lefthanded options.

    Driver: Ping G400 Max
    3 wood: Titleist TS2
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 19* & 22*
    Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 16
    Wedges: Vokey sm7 50*, 54*, 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Ball: Titleist Prov 1x
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 334 ✭✭

    @JDW3 said:
    Really nice putter.

    I've been intrigued by Kingston putters since I first found out about them a couple years ago. Wish he had lefthanded options.

    I think he does, might just have to message him.

    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

    Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer
  • JDW3JDW3 Members Posts: 614 ✭✭

    @MattM97 said:

    @JDW3 said:
    Really nice putter.

    I've been intrigued by Kingston putters since I first found out about them a couple years ago. Wish he had lefthanded options.

    I think he does, might just have to message him.

    I have before and he wasn't offering them at that time. That was about a year ago though so I'll try again.

    Driver: Ping G400 Max
    3 wood: Titleist TS2
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 19* & 22*
    Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 16
    Wedges: Vokey sm7 50*, 54*, 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Ball: Titleist Prov 1x
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 334 ✭✭

    @JDW3 said:

    @MattM97 said:

    @JDW3 said:
    Really nice putter.

    I've been intrigued by Kingston putters since I first found out about them a couple years ago. Wish he had lefthanded options.

    I think he does, might just have to message him.

    I have before and he wasn't offering them at that time. That was about a year ago though so I'll try again.

    I saw on one of his posts 3 months ago someone asked about a LH putter and he asked them what they were looking for, so maybe one was made. If he can or does make LH putters let me know, could get one down the road.

    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

    Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer
  • bripgall3265bripgall3265 Members Posts: 9 ✭✭

    I just wish he offered a flow or rincon neck!!!! Too bad or he would for sure have my business!!!!

  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,691 ClubWRX

    @bripgall3265 said:
    I just wish he offered a flow or rincon neck!!!! Too bad or he would for sure have my business!!!!

    He can do that with one of the customs. I've seen many of his putters on his insta with flow necks.

    M3 9.5°  Ventus 6-X
    M5 15°  GD Tour AD IZ-7X
    818H2 19°  HZRDUS 85 6.5
    790 UDI  PX Catalyst 6.5  -or-  TP UDI 3  PX HB6
    790 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D 62M  DG 115 / KBS Tour 120
    Mann MA/66

    (¬¬) WITB Link
Sign In or Register to comment.