Mirror Vision app: better feedback

Comments

• nevets88nevets88  812WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 812 Golden Tee
    I suspect come summer time I'm going to have to jury-rig something to keep the Sun's reflection off the tablet screen. And maybe something to cover the phone to keep it from overheating.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • enormous13enormous13 Orlando, FL 66WRX Points: 27Handicap: 20Members Posts: 66 Bunkers
    nevets88 wrote:

I suspect come summer time I'm going to have to jury-rig something to keep the Sun's reflection off the tablet screen. And maybe something to cover the phone to keep it from overheating.
    LiveView actually has an iPad screen for this exact thing, you could model off of that.
    Posted:
  • Spinedoc2304Spinedoc2304  119WRX Points: 64Handicap: 6Members Posts: 119 Fairways
    Hello and Happy New Year to all my fellow WRXers!

Question for Tobey or anyone else in the know.

After buying a nice android tablet as a Christmas present to the wife, are there any possibilities that the app may someday be compatible between an iPhone and android tablet?

Nick
    Posted:
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan  1339WRX Points: 192Handicap: 12Members Posts: 1,339 Platinum Tees
    enormous13 wrote:

nevets88 wrote:

LiveView actually has an iPad screen for this exact thing, you could model off of that.

Solutions for tablets and phones have already been developed, largely off of drone pilots having the same issues with glare.

If you search for something like 'iPad shade' you should find what you need

Posted:
    Thanks to all for the shade suggestions. I see that there's a little cottage industry for these things. Will start out with a diy cardboard first to see my preferences first. Unfortunately the requirement for one is a long way off.
    Posted:
  • Ogden51Ogden51 Australia 193WRX Points: 46Members Posts: 193 Fairways
    Awesome to see Alex Noren using the app on his Instagram story the past few days!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • ferrispgmferrispgm  2083WRX Points: 281Members Posts: 2,083 Platinum Tees
    This app is awesome. I literally bought an ipad just for this and used it on Sunday. Had a few connectivity issues at first but then realized i needed to have my phone and ipad a little closer together and it worked perfectly after that. Great to use for reinforcing how feel isn't real
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD M9003
    FWY: Taylormade Rocketballz Tp 14.5*
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18*
    Irons: Srixon Z765 3-5 iron, z965 6-PW, Project X
    54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
    58*: Cleveland CG14 1 dot
    Putter: Taylormade Daytona Rossa with agsi.
  • enormous13enormous13 Orlando, FL 66WRX Points: 27Handicap: 20Members Posts: 66 Bunkers
    ferrispgm wrote:

This app is awesome. I literally bought an ipad just for this and used it on Sunday. Had a few connectivity issues at first but then realized i needed to have my phone and ipad a little closer together and it worked perfectly after that. Great to use for reinforcing how feel isn't real
    How's the delay between actual movement and video feed on the iPad?
    Posted:
    enormous13 wrote:
    ferrispgm wrote:

How's the delay between actual movement and video feed on the iPad?

No lag at all for me mate
    Posted:
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los Angeles 6007WRX Points: 693Members Posts: 6,007 Titanium Tees
    I had some connectivity and lag issues but updated iOS and that really helped.
    Posted:
    Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, KBS tour-v, 110 S
    Mizuno MP-64 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• gatorpedsMDgatorpedsMD Hacker-in-Chief  4564WRX Points: 797Handicap: 1.5ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    i could not get this to connect?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    With respect to lag, might want to post the device and OS versions you're using. Obviously w/older models, older versions of iOS, more lag.

I use an iPhone 6S and an iPad 5th gen w/most current iOS and have just a tinge of lag, not a problem for me. Will eventually upgrade the phone, so will probably have zero lag.

I've seen it work with current iPhone XS and iPad Pro and there was no lag.
    Posted:
    gatorMD wrote:

What’s your issue man? I follow the mirror vision Instagram page and it has a lot of videos to help if you need it
    Posted:
  • gatorpedsMDgatorpedsMD Hacker-in-Chief  4564WRX Points: 797Handicap: 1.5ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    Ogden51 wrote:

gatorMD wrote:

What’s your issue man? I follow the mirror vision Instagram page and it has a lot of videos to help if you need it

i figured it out, thanks.
    Posted:
    Just got my new iPad and got it paired up no problem via the app. Definitely pleased with picture quality and lack of lag with my iPhone 6. Can’t wait to get it out on the range for some work on swing plane.

What is everyone using to position their phones for filming? Tripods? SelfieGolf clip?

On another note, my Live View Golf camera is available for sale on the cheap haha
    Posted:
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake area 2025WRX Points: 240Handicap: 15ClubWRX Posts: 2,025 ClubWRX
    SelfieGolf clip on an alignment stick.
    Posted:

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75 S
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 19*, 22*, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i S
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i S
    Putter: PXG Bat Attack P, 350g, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
    Ball: Maxfli Tour
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Advertisement
    I’m using a tripod, I think either option would work fine though
    Posted:
    Went ahead and ordered a Selfie Golf clip, for the smaller form factor. We’ll see how it works.

Excited to see what MV can do with this software, they’ve already mentioned a few things they’d like to implement.
    Posted:
  • ChrisO72ChrisO72  76WRX Points: 42Handicap: 13Members Posts: 76 Fairways
    Looking forward to an Android version of this
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Ping G400Max 9dg Tour 65S
    Ping G400 2h Tour 85S
    Titleist AP3 4-GW TT AMT White X100
    Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.08M, 58.08M
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
    TP5
  • AngusBurgerAngusBurger  7WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 7 Bunkers
    Is there a hardware compatibility list posted somewhere? I have a new iPhone and an older iPad. Both have the new iOS, but I had a bunch of lag and dropped connections... I was wondering if the iPad was the problem.
    Posted:
  • EvoIXEvoIX  42WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 42 Bunkers
    No lag at all for me.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D  4046WRX Points: 196Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 4,046 Titanium Tees
    ChrisO72 wrote:

100% agree, got to use it last week and really like the app, can't wait to be able to use it when it comes out on android
    Posted:

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

ChrisO72 wrote:

How is the lag when you Skype on Android? I'm guessing you can use wifi, without an access point, and video conference two Android devices?
    Posted:
  • KuchhhhhhKuchhhhhh  2243WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 2,243 Platinum Tees
    So minimum iOS version is 10 correct?
    Posted:
    Taylormade M4 10.5 Atmos X stiff
    Taylormade M4 16.5 Proforce V2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 & 4 iron, 716 AP2 5-PW X100
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 S300
    Taylormade Spider Red
  • jdang307jdang307  196WRX Points: 33Members Posts: 196 Fairways
    Anyone use this on an ipad mini and find the screen too small? I'm about to buy the mini and don't like the larger format ipad for daily use
    Posted:
  • wagsgtwagsgt  671WRX Points: 139Members Posts: 671 Golden Tee

Recently started using this. The 2018 9.7 iPad is a perfect size for this. It’s on sale a lot.

As far as app goes it’s VERY useful!! I’m glad I didn’t buy a Live view

I have the selfie stick clip always in bag for recording swings anyway so I just bring my iPad on days I plan on working on swing. Those waiting on Android should just make the switch to iOS:)

Posted:

Advertisement
  • fjkfjk Putt Putt  1046WRX Points: 96Members Posts: 1,046 Platinum Tees

Mine crashes constantly and can't maintain a connection.

iPhone X and 2016 iPad pro.

Posted:
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los Angeles 6007WRX Points: 693Members Posts: 6,007 Titanium Tees

Toby I am using MV a lot, but I need to build/buy a way to shield sun. I had some disconnect issues at first but not many now. Anyway great product. I also often just use the single camera source for quick, easy line drawing that I can manually pace

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, KBS tour-v, 110 S
    Mizuno MP-64 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• Stuart_GStuart_G New Hampshire 24611WRX Points: 1,363Members Posts: 24,611 Titanium Tees

On -, @ Dave D said:

ChrisO72 wrote:

>

100% agree, got to use it last week and really like the app, can't wait to be able to use it when it comes out on android

Might be a long wait. Has anyone seen anything from the creator that there is even an attempt being made to support Android? I haven't.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dblindendblinden  129WRX Points: 56Members Posts: 129 Fairways

How do you delete a saved Mirrorvision video? Must be overlooking something and can't figure it out. Thanks.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.