Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Lost my Range Finder

platgofplatgof platgofClubWRX Posts: 1,634 ClubWRX
Has another senior moment and left the range finder in the rental cart cup holder. Two days later I can't find it, then call the club, nope, not there. I know what I will be getting with my tax refund.
GBB Fusion HT 13.5
Cobra F8 12*
F9 5-6 WD
F9 7-8 WD
OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
P790's this week, next week?
Glide AW, SW, LW
TM Spider Pro Red C/S
B330RX

Comments

• 4Putt4Practice4Putt4Practice Banned Posts: 46
    My rangefinder has a fingerprint access so in the event I lose it, all yardages are scrambled +/- 30 yards.
  • cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. Compact size was one of the requirements I wanted when I got my current laser (Bushnell V4). It easily fits in my pocket thus reducing chance of loss.
  • swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭
    Golf Buddy LR7 on sale at $179 for the Holidays, compact, grabs the flag and great optics.... no need to spend all the money on the "Big" branded ones when the technology is so similar.
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Dec 24, 2018 #5
    I use this orange Bushnell case which straps to post of the windshield. It keeps the rangefinder safe and easily accessible. Plus, it's orange color stands out.

I haven't left a rangefinder in the glovebox since I bought this.

YMMV

Edit: I first posted this from my phone with a picture. At a PC, I see no photo...
    Post edited by Unknown User on

X________________________________
    Sign Here

• platgofplatgof platgof ClubWRX Posts: 1,634 ClubWRX
    The black color was a problem as I didn't notice it there. Maybe a Christmas gift?
    GBB Fusion HT 13.5
    Cobra F8 12*
    F9 5-6 WD
    F9 7-8 WD
    OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    Glide AW, SW, LW
    TM Spider Pro Red C/S
    B330RX
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Read this somewhere else here so can't take credit for it. When you take your rangefinder or gps unit out of whatever pocket in your golf bag that you store it in, put your car keys in that pocket. That way you can't leave the course without opening that pocket, and you'll have a mental note to jog your memory to put your laser back in.
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • sandtrapsandtrap Members Posts: 842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve found 6 of these the last few years. That’s why I recommend a gps watch.
    I just ordered a golf buddy to see how it does. I will have both lazer and GPS. I hate to admit this, but I just found my Range finder sitting on top of my tool box in the garage. I am having senior moments all the time.
    GBB Fusion HT 13.5
    Cobra F8 12*
    F9 5-6 WD
    F9 7-8 WD
    OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    Glide AW, SW, LW
    TM Spider Pro Red C/S
    B330RX
  • swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭
    platgof wrote:

I just ordered a golf buddy to see how it does. I will have both lazer and GPS. I hate to admit this, but I just found my Range finder sitting on top of my tool box in the garage. I am having senior moments all the time.
    You will be very pleased with the LR7!
  • OttawapOttawap Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    I’ve done that once a year for as long as I’ve owned one. They were always waiting for me at the pro shop each time. Maybe I’ve been lucky, I gotta pay more attention though.
  • buckrogers71buckrogers71 Members Posts: 317 ✭✭✭✭
    halliedog wrote:

Read this somewhere else here so can't take credit for it. When you take your rangefinder or gps unit out of whatever pocket in your golf bag that you store it in, put your car keys in that pocket. That way you can't leave the course without opening that pocket, and you'll have a mental note to jog your memory to put your laser back in.

I like that idea. I usually go through an out loud checklist as I'm packing my stuff but this sounds so much better. Put my keys and wallet IN the pocket/pouch/ holder of the range finder.
  • cwglumcwglum Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Granted, it takes forgetting something for someone else to find it. But, much like the stolen xmas gift video with glitter and stink spray that was arranged on youtube, I'd love to see a fake Laser left in a golf cart tracked to see how people "didn't find anything".

I've pulled over to the side of the parking lot leaving the course more than I care to admit to double & triple check leupold in the bag.

Most times I'll pack it up and zip it away after hitting my last shot of the night, while walking to the green. Way before the parking lot back and forth of who won which bet.

Like the idea above of putting keys and/or wallet in the Range Finder Pocket.
  • MixedBagMixedBag Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 5:07pm #15
    Monument Golf Stick It Strap was my best and cheapest purchase in 2018. Highly highly recommend. and plenty of bright colors to choice from

https://monumentgolfer.com/straps/

4217.jpg
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 10.5 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] F9 3/4[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]F9 5/6[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] AMP Cell 4/5h[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] CG16 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grindworks[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunset Beach[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM Chaska (silver) / Lajosi mid-mallet prototype[/font]
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

halliedog wrote:

I like that idea. I usually go through an out loud checklist as I'm packing my stuff but this sounds so much better. Put my keys and wallet IN the pocket/pouch/ holder of the range finder.

Yep, ever since I read it a while back I've been doing it and have never forgotten anything. Well, I have forgotten some stuff, but never left the course without it! Wallet, keys, watch, etc... go right in my "range finder pocket" on first tee and range finder comes out. Very easy to reverse the process on the way out.
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • racinrichracinrich Members Posts: 1
    halliedog wrote:

a very smart idea
  • kiddockiddoc Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name and telephone number with a label maker works well
    one that is super glued on
    GBB Fusion HT 13.5
    Cobra F8 12*
    F9 5-6 WD
    F9 7-8 WD
    OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    Glide AW, SW, LW
    TM Spider Pro Red C/S
    B330RX
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MixedBag wrote:

Monument Golf Stick It Strap was my best and cheapest purchase in 2018. Highly highly recommend. and plenty of bright colors to choice from

https://monumentgolfer.com/straps/

4217.jpg

I use the same one, works great and hard to miss.
    Driver - Home Ping G410 + 9.5*   Away Ping G400 Max 10*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • backhillbackhill Members Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

This is ingenious. Going to start doing this instead of wallet and keys in random pockets that I can’t find later
  • @_the_crook@_the_crook Members Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a walker and mine is in a pouch attached to the pushcart.

when riding, it's either in my golf bag or the accessory pouch in the cartwell....

we make it a point to ask each other at the end of the round - 'do you have all your stuff?' before the cart goes back in.

sorry when any player loses any gear.
    currently playing:
    Steelhead III , FT-5 - D
    Warbirds, 3+, 4
    Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
    Wilson DynaPowered SW
    Ping Anser
    it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .
  • LIgolfdudeLIgolfdude Members Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    halliedog wrote:

Nice. Even better, put your keys in the case that your rangefinder has. No way you could forget it then
    TaylorMade M2 10.5* Aldila Rogue
    Tour Exotics 15* Fubuki
    Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17* Fubuki
    Adams Pro 23* Aldila Tour
    Adams a4 Forged 5-pw DG SL
    Mizuno MP-T 10 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura (original) with added insert for additional weight
  • TheGeekGolferTheGeekGolfer Just beat the Huskies! Go Cougs! Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    LIgolfdude wrote:
    halliedog wrote:

Nice. Even better, put your keys in the case that your rangefinder has. No way you could forget it then

Yeah. That way someone can walk the parking lot with the key fob and take your car while you're in asking the pro shop if they found it.

Not to happy with the golf buddy gps. It works when it wants to. Not recommended.

GBB Fusion HT 13.5
    Cobra F8 12*
    F9 5-6 WD
    F9 7-8 WD
    OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    Glide AW, SW, LW
    TM Spider Pro Red C/S
    B330RX

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji