GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Lost my Range Finder

platgof ·  
platgofplatgof platgofClubWRX  2106WRX Points: 311Handicap: 17Posts: 2,106 ClubWRX
Joined:  edited Dec 20, 2018 in GPS/Range Finders/Mobile Apps #1
Has another senior moment and left the range finder in the rental cart cup holder. Two days later I can't find it, then call the club, nope, not there. I know what I will be getting with my tax refund.
Posted:

Ping Max 10.5
Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
TM RBZ Hy 4,5,6
Cobra F9 6-PW
Ping Glide 50* AW
Mizuno SW 56*
Toulon Columbus
Truvis/B RX
Garmin S20
Clubs this week

Comments

• 4Putt4Practice4Putt4Practice Banned  46WRX Points: 1Handicap: 3.7Posts: 46 Bunkers
    My rangefinder has a fingerprint access so in the event I lose it, all yardages are scrambled +/- 30 yards.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cristphotocristphoto Members  4061WRX Points: 413Handicap: 7Posts: 4,061 Titanium Tees
    Sorry for your loss. Compact size was one of the requirements I wanted when I got my current laser (Bushnell V4). It easily fits in my pocket thus reducing chance of loss.
    Posted:
  • swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members  377WRX Points: 101Handicap: 3Posts: 377 Greens
    Golf Buddy LR7 on sale at $179 for the Holidays, compact, grabs the flag and great optics.... no need to spend all the money on the "Big" branded ones when the technology is so similar.
    Posted:
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members  6413WRX Points: 370Posts: 6,413 Titanium Tees
    I use this orange Bushnell case which straps to post of the windshield. It keeps the rangefinder safe and easily accessible. Plus, it's orange color stands out.<br />
    <br />
    I haven't left a rangefinder in the glovebox since I bought this.<br />
    <br />
    YMMV<br />
    <br />
    Edit: I first posted this from my phone with a picture. At a PC, I see no photo...
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

X________________________________
    Sign Here

• platgofplatgof platgof ClubWRX  2106WRX Points: 311Handicap: 17Posts: 2,106 ClubWRX
    The black color was a problem as I didn't notice it there. Maybe a Christmas gift?
    Posted:

Ping Max 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    TM RBZ Hy 4,5,6
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    Mizuno SW 56*
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

• SnoopDalyDogSnoopDalyDog Members  24WRX Points: 31Posts: 24 Bunkers
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • halliedoghalliedog Members  2564WRX Points: 347Handicap: 5.2Posts: 2,564 Titanium Tees
    Read this somewhere else here so can't take credit for it. When you take your rangefinder or gps unit out of whatever pocket in your golf bag that you store it in, put your car keys in that pocket. That way you can't leave the course without opening that pocket, and you'll have a mental note to jog your memory to put your laser back in.
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • sandtrapsandtrap Members  851WRX Points: 156Posts: 851 Golden Tee
    I’ve found 6 of these the last few years. That’s why I recommend a gps watch.
    Posted:
  • platgofplatgof platgof ClubWRX  2106WRX Points: 311Handicap: 17Posts: 2,106 ClubWRX
    I just ordered a golf buddy to see how it does. I will have both lazer and GPS. I hate to admit this, but I just found my Range finder sitting on top of my tool box in the garage. I am having senior moments all the time.
    Posted:

Ping Max 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    TM RBZ Hy 4,5,6
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    Mizuno SW 56*
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

• swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members  377WRX Points: 101Handicap: 3Posts: 377 Greens
    platgof wrote:
    <br />
    I just ordered a golf buddy to see how it does. I will have both lazer and GPS. I hate to admit this, but I just found my Range finder sitting on top of my tool box in the garage. I am having senior moments all the time.<br />
    You will be very pleased with the LR7!
    Posted:
  • OttawapOttawap Members  8WRX Points: 2Posts: 8 Bunkers
    I’ve done that once a year for as long as I’ve owned one. They were always waiting for me at the pro shop each time. Maybe I’ve been lucky, I gotta pay more attention though.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • buckrogers71buckrogers71 Members  434WRX Points: 133Posts: 434 Greens
    halliedog wrote:
    <br />
    Read this somewhere else here so can't take credit for it. When you take your rangefinder or gps unit out of whatever pocket in your golf bag that you store it in, put your car keys in that pocket. That way you can't leave the course without opening that pocket, and you'll have a mental note to jog your memory to put your laser back in.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I like that idea. I usually go through an out loud checklist as I'm packing my stuff but this sounds so much better. Put my keys and wallet IN the pocket/pouch/ holder of the range finder.
    Posted:
  • cwglumcwglum Members  1588WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,588 Platinum Tees
    Granted, it takes forgetting something for someone else to find it. But, much like the stolen xmas gift video with glitter and stink spray that was arranged on youtube, I'd love to see a fake Laser left in a golf cart tracked to see how people "didn't find anything".<br />
    <br />
    I've pulled over to the side of the parking lot leaving the course more than I care to admit to double & triple check leupold in the bag.<br />
    Most times I'll pack it up and zip it away after hitting my last shot of the night, while walking to the green. Way before the parking lot back and forth of who won which bet.<br />
    <br />
    Like the idea above of putting keys and/or wallet in the Range Finder Pocket.
    Posted:
  • MixedBagMixedBag Members  1496WRX Points: 97Posts: 1,496 Platinum Tees
    Monument Golf Stick It Strap was my best and cheapest purchase in 2018. Highly highly recommend. and plenty of bright colors to choice from<br />
    <br />
    https://monumentgolfer.com/straps/<br />
    <br />
    4217.jpg
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 10.5 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] F9 3/4[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]F9 5/6[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] AMP Cell 4/5h[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] CG16 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grindworks[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunset Beach[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM Chaska (silver) / Lajosi mid-mallet prototype[/font]
  • halliedoghalliedog Members  2564WRX Points: 347Handicap: 5.2Posts: 2,564 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    halliedog wrote:
    <br />
    Read this somewhere else here so can't take credit for it. When you take your rangefinder or gps unit out of whatever pocket in your golf bag that you store it in, put your car keys in that pocket. That way you can't leave the course without opening that pocket, and you'll have a mental note to jog your memory to put your laser back in.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I like that idea. I usually go through an out loud checklist as I'm packing my stuff but this sounds so much better. Put my keys and wallet IN the pocket/pouch/ holder of the range finder.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yep, ever since I read it a while back I've been doing it and have never forgotten anything. Well, I have forgotten some stuff, but never left the course without it! Wallet, keys, watch, etc... go right in my "range finder pocket" on first tee and range finder comes out. Very easy to reverse the process on the way out.
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • racinrichracinrich Members  1WRX Points: 10Handicap: 5Posts: 1 Starters
    halliedog wrote:
    <br />
    a very smart idea
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • kiddockiddoc Members  645WRX Points: 126Posts: 645 Golden Tee
    Name and telephone number with a label maker works well
    Posted:
    one that is super glued on
    Posted:

Ping Max 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    TM RBZ Hy 4,5,6
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    Mizuno SW 56*
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

• new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members  3450WRX Points: 363Posts: 3,450 Titanium Tees
    MixedBag wrote:
    <br />
    Monument Golf Stick It Strap was my best and cheapest purchase in 2018. Highly highly recommend. and plenty of bright colors to choice from<br />
    <br />
    https://monumentgolfer.com/straps/<br />
    <br />
    4217.jpg<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I use the same one, works great and hard to miss.
    Posted:
    Driver - Home Callaway Epic Flash   Away Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • backhillbackhill Members  119WRX Points: 76Posts: 119 Fairways
    <br />
    I like that idea. I usually go through an out loud checklist as I'm packing my stuff but this sounds so much better. Put my keys and wallet IN the pocket/pouch/ holder of the range finder.<br />
    <br />
    This is ingenious. Going to start doing this instead of wallet and keys in random pockets that I can’t find later
    Posted:
  • @_the_crook@_the_crook Members  874WRX Points: 335Posts: 874 Golden Tee
    I'm a walker and mine is in a pouch attached to the pushcart.<br />
    <br />
    when riding, it's either in my golf bag or the accessory pouch in the cartwell....<br />
    <br />
    we make it a point to ask each other at the end of the round - 'do you have all your stuff?' before the cart goes back in.<br />
    <br />
    sorry when any player loses any gear.
    Posted:
    currently playing:
    Steelhead III , FT-5 - D
    Warbirds, 3+, 4
    Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
    Wilson DynaPowered SW
    Ping Anser
    it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .

Advertisement
  • LIgolfdudeLIgolfdude Members  121WRX Points: 71Posts: 121 Fairways
    halliedog wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Nice. Even better, put your keys in the case that your rangefinder has. No way you could forget it then
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M2 10.5* Aldila Rogue
    Tour Exotics 15* Fubuki
    Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17* Fubuki
    Adams Pro 23* Aldila Tour
    Adams a4 Forged 5-pw DG SL
    Mizuno MP-T 10 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura (original) with added insert for additional weight
  • TheGeekGolferTheGeekGolfer Just beat the Huskies! Go Cougs! Members  1439WRX Points: 119Handicap: 7.6Posts: 1,439 Platinum Tees
    LIgolfdude wrote:
    halliedog wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Nice. Even better, put your keys in the case that your rangefinder has. No way you could forget it then
    <br />
    Yeah. That way someone can walk the parking lot with the key fob and take your car while you're in asking the pro shop if they found it.
    Posted:

Not to happy with the golf buddy gps. It works when it wants to. Not recommended.

Posted:

Ping Max 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    TM RBZ Hy 4,5,6
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    Mizuno SW 56*
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

• puresurfrpuresurfr Members  2358WRX Points: 239Posts: 2,358 Platinum Tees

Seen a lot of Bushnell ProXE for sale lately and more than half of them are just the rangefinder, no manuals or box or case or anything......I think a ton of people are leaving their black rangefinders magnetically attached and the finders are selling them instead of returning them to lost and found.

Posted:
  • moolmanmoolman Members  95WRX Points: 67Posts: 95 Fairways

Best invention ever.... I bought it cause they deserve my money for a good invention. I have one in red.

https://www.rangegripper.com/

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.