STUDIO STAINLESS CIRCLE T??

peterkccpeterkcc ClubWRX Posts: 66 ClubWRX
Wondering your thoughts on authenticity of this putter.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 10.5 Degrees
3 Wood: Ping Rapture 13.5 Degrees
5 Wood: Ping G400 16.5 Degrees
UT: Cobra King Utility Adjustable
4-PW: Cobra King CB/MB Irons
Wedges: Titleist SM5 50,54,58
Putter: TP MILLS Nellie

Comments

• dubogeydubogey Members Posts: 500 ✭✭
    Hunk of crap worth nothing
  • alexdubalexdub Face sends it, path bends it UtahMembers Posts: 1,074 ✭✭
    I'm not sure about the stamps, but the shape looks right
    Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Ping G400 5w • Ping i25 4-U • Ping Tour W 54* 60* • Ping WRX Scottsdale BeNi
    Shafts: Fujikura ATMOS Black 6X • Project X Blue 8B4 • Nippon Modus 120X
    Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV • Callaway Chrome Soft
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭
    Looks fine, the Titleist script is stamped in the cavity anyway, pretty hard to replicate that. This is real.
    '16 M2 10.5*, Diamana Ltd. 70 S+ 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, DIamana Ltd. 70 S+ 41.5"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,603 ✭✭
    Give me the contact info for the seller so I can discuss this fake with him.
  • Bece2117Bece2117 MassachusettsClubWRX Posts: 1,609 ClubWRX
    Garbage
    Callaway Legacy Black 4-P
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
    Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
    Callaway Rogue SZ Accra TZ6
    Callaway Diablo Tour 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 
    '19 Bettinardi Studio Stock 2
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,721 ✭✭
    Better photos would help. Never seen the dancing SC full words in the bumpers, kinda busy and crowded for a CT and from the photo, not crazy about the CT stamp on the sole, looks a bit off.

Try and get better pics.
  • mjbfybmjbfyb Members Posts: 264 ✭✭
    I gambled on this one. I have free PayPal returns, and I’m sure Titleist won’t appreciate an authorized dealer selling fakes if it’s not real. The thing that pushed me over the edge is the grip. It’s a worn out original cord no cord with the crown. I’ll keep you guys posted.
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,101 ✭✭
    It’s legit. Nice grab
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,446 ClubWRX
    Sure looks good to me
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • peterkccpeterkcc ClubWRX Posts: 66 ClubWRX
    Well you beat me to it... Merry Christmas to you image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Hope it's real!

Heck of a deal

edited Dec 22, 2018 #12
    peterkcc wrote:

Well you beat me to it... Merry Christmas to you image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Hope it's real!

Heck of a deal

If you’re a Mizzou fan, I feel bad and apologize. If you’re a kU fan, then I don’t feel so bad. Just kidding.

We shall see what shows up, if anything at all.
  • johngalt312johngalt312 Member ClubWRX Posts: 371 ClubWRX
    Appears authentic. What was the price if you don’t mind me asking?
    G400 Max Driver
    G400 3-Wood
    G400 5-Wood
    i210 Irons 3-P
    Glide 2.0 Wedges 52*, 58*
    Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
    Jani-King Towel
  • peterkccpeterkcc ClubWRX Posts: 66 ClubWRX
    It was $160 on 2nd swing.

(Head in hands) shoulda pulled the trigger

• cardia10cardia10 Members Posts: 2,423 ✭✭
    edited Dec 22, 2018 #15
    I think it started authentic and was drastically altered. 2nd swing knows their stuff. If real, it wouldn’t have been that price.
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,649 ✭✭
    Holy crap

if that's not a mistake, and you actually get the putter, that's an unreal deal

I also think this started as authentic, and then actually had some additional stamping done at the custom shop, so I still think it's authentic (the back bumper stamping being what was added)
    Yadi for President
    Heel dot looks wrong running into the stamping. Usually don’t see 2 dots. Bumper stamping is not impossible, but totally not normal. I’d say you will get it but for sure pay the $75 for a COA
    edited Dec 22, 2018 #18
    I found this one on here with the dancing Cameron on the bumpers. Post #265

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1041877-show-me-your-circle-ts/page__st__240

I also spent a little time searching the registry for “Newport II Tour.” I saw quite a few with the dancing Cameron on the bumper and the N running into dot.

Here’s a picture of the grip. That’s what made me take the chance. I don’t think too many putters came with this grip. If they did, it was long before there were fakes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,043 ✭✭
    peterkcc wrote:

It was $160 on 2nd swing.

(Head in hands) shoulda pulled the trigger

wtf!?!? you serious Clark? has the look of GSS. that's one **** of a snag there.

I also like how other users considered it junk.

post more photos once you get it in hand. I'd surley send it in for a COA.
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
    edited Dec 23, 2018 #20
    Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I don’t have tracking, but it hasn’t been canceled. There’s still a chance.

I’ve been checking that site daily looking for a 350 Mil Spec, but this one will work. I actually saw it before it was posted here, but blew it off as a fake. A few early OTR Newport’s were listed at the same time as this one. Someone must have unloaded a collection.
  • Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob ClubWRX Posts: 976 ClubWRX
    Looks good to me but not GSS I believe.

Rob
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭
    What was the putter listed as? Studio Stainless?
    '16 M2 10.5*, Diamana Ltd. 70 S+ 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, DIamana Ltd. 70 S+ 41.5"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)
    A.Princey wrote:

Yes
    I hope you continue to follow up on this thread. It seems to be quite the dilemma. Either you scored the deal of the century or an authorized dealer resold a fake Scotty.

Perhaps it was a Circle T and there was some unauthorized stamping done to it as others have guessed. I wouldn't think that would hurt the value that much, though. It's interesting that it's kind of a Tiger knockoff and that the sole is blank. The bottom of the cavity still looks plenty thick enough that it doesn't appear that someone ground the engravings off of a OTR head.

If you decide to send it in to the Custom Shop for a COA brace yourself to wait for 6 months if not longer. Mine sat on a cart waiting for Mr. Cameron for about 5 months if I remember correctly.
  • johngalt312johngalt312 Member ClubWRX Posts: 371 ClubWRX
    Great find/buy. Notwithstanding any possible modifications, the more and more I look at it, the more and more certain I am that it’s a genuine CT.
    G400 Max Driver
    G400 3-Wood
    G400 5-Wood
    i210 Irons 3-P
    Glide 2.0 Wedges 52*, 58*
    Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
    Jani-King Towel
    I’d say for an early very good guess about authenticity, post it at Cameron Collector. They are typically spot on with things like this.
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,446 ClubWRX
    I don’t think you have anything to worry about. I would be worried about them not shipping it.
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
    cardia10 wrote:

I'd say for an early very good guess about authenticity, post it at Cameron Collector. They are typically spot on with things like this.

This is a great recommendation. Just today I read a quote over there, "there are more than a hand full of guys here (the forum) that know more about Scotties than the new guys at the Custom Shop."

Check out this putter in the registry which is similar... A021399

One thing you often hear is that tour putters typically are not engraved and hand stamped, that's why that circle t on the sole seems odd, it looks engraved, but it could just be the photos. Anyways, I hope it works out for you. Before you send it in for a COA or refinishing I would 100% post photos on Cameron Collectors. If you don't want to join and deal with it, then send them to me and I'll post them for you.
    edited Dec 24, 2018 #29
    I just got approved over at TCC a few weeks ago, so I will post it over there if it shows up. I haven’t spent too much time over there, but it appears to me that some of the more trusted members have already posted here.

I agree with TheBIIgCat, them not shipping it is a bigger worry than authenticity at this point. I’m sure this thread isn’t helping my odds. It hasn’t been canceled, so there’s still a chance.
  • JayJar BinksJayJar Binks Members Posts: 882 ✭✭
    mjbfyb wrote:

A.Princey wrote:

Yes

On eBay or on their direct site?
    M6 Fuji 661 6.1 X
    M3 15 & 19. P95 X
    TP UDI 3 X100
    TM TP '11 MC/MB 4-PW X100

VOKEY TOUR SM7 RAW 54 & 60 S400

Versa #7 35"
    Cameron Collector is saying real! Nice Grab!!