Anth’s WITB (it’s only been 12 years)

anthanth From the Land Down UnderMembers Posts: 2,773 ✭✭
12 years is long enough I guess - time for my first WITB (to coincide with first under par round ever).

Driver: Rogue 10.5 with Aldila VS Proto. Used this shaft for a long time, feels good so I stick with it. Rogue has only been in the bag for a few months. Better than the Epic for me because it spins more and has more playable misses, although probably not as long as the Epic on nailed shots.

Fairway: BB Alpha 816 at 16 degrees. Really like this club. The first fairway wood I’ve been able to hit decently from the fairway, but it’s still feast or famine.

Hybrid: Srixon Z H45. Good hybrid, feels nice and gets up nicely. Club of choice from dodgy lies

Driving Iron: Srixon Z U45. Used as a 4 iron replacement. Mostly off the tee as a safe option. Can use it off the fairway but will sometimes prefer to take something off the hybrid instead.

Irons: Z 765 5 & 6 irons. Z 965 7 through PW. Nippon NS Pro 980 GH DST. Love these irons. Just superb. Feel great. Forgiving for their type, movable in all directions. Quality finish too. Love the way they blend polished and satin chrome in the blades. First time using these shafts too. I’ve used DGSL S300 for probably 15 years. The Nippon feel smoother but you can still go after it.

Wedges: TM Milled Grind with matching Nippon shafts. Love these too. The Hi Toe 58 has turned my short game around, to the point where I would say I’m competent. Don’t know if it’s the grind or extra face area but it’s forgiving and let’s me get away with imperfect contact (hardly ever digs). Only thing I dislike about the wedges is the polished chrome on the 50. Too blingy for me! Almost looks like plastic. They didn’t have the antique bronze or black when I bought these - that would be the only change I would make.

Putter: Spider Tour (JD version). Yes he’s a fellow Aussie but I actually prefer the look of the DJ model. But when I compared them the softer insert of the red won out. This putter has restored my confidence - it’s the first time I’ve gone with a slant neck and it’s been working.

Ball: TP5

Bag: Kahma golf. Made for pedants like me! Protects the irons from bag chatter, no headcovers required! Fits the Clicgear nicely. If someone could incorporate this functionality into a standbag I’d be interested (maybe the Ogio Silencer?)
Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
TaylorMade TP5

Comments

• MitchellGolfingMitchellGolfing Members Posts: 1,303 ✭✭
    Nice! Srixon puts out some great looking irons.
    Callaway Xr 9* set to 11*, Project X 6.0
    Adams Tightlies 16*,Stock stiff
    Wilson Reflex 4-G Uniflex stock steel
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 54/58* Wedge flex
    Ping Anser 33” Superstroke 3.0
  • DE-ILLINIDE-ILLINI Members Posts: 325 ✭✭
    Great looking bag. Srixon makes some good equipment. I wish it was easier to try it out.
    Driver: Taylormade M3
    3W: Ping G400
    3H & 4H: Cobra Baffler
    5 - SW: Ping G25
    58*: Cleveland CBX
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under Members Posts: 2,773 ✭✭
    Can find Srixon fairly easily here in Australia. If you can I encourage you to give them a shot
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade TP5
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,826 ✭✭
    Love it, cool set up

Great that you stick w a shaft you love, that was a good one, I used it in yellow in the OG Rapture
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • Payton1020Payton1020 Members Posts: 2,006 ✭✭
    Nice set up. What kind of organizer you have there?
    COBRA Fly Z, Fly Z+, LTD Black
    ADAMS Super S 15* & 18* Matrix HD Radix SVI
    WILSON STAFF 20° Fybrid RS UST Mamiya VTS
    GOLFSMITH P2 4-PW, GW, SW, LW True Temper Formula 1 stepless

ODYSSEY Tri-Ball SRT

OGIO Grom 14 way stand bag
  • mukstermukster Is this the year? North of the 49thMembers Posts: 3,497 ✭✭
    I love the DGSL 300 shafts. I play the Z765s and had them shafted with KBS Tour V shafts, as the DGSL were not available anymore. Recently regripped my old Nike VR splits with the DGSL shafts and hit them today against my Srixons. Love the DGSL!

Looking at possibly reshafting the Srixons with the new DG105, but reading this makes me want to look at those Nippons.

Nice bag!
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic Subzero 13.5, Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood, Tensei Blue shaft
    Nickent 3D 3 hybrid, generic shaft
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
    Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
    Payton1020 wrote:

Nice set up. What kind of organizer you have there?

Thanks. The organiser is built into the bag. It’s made by Kahma Golf. They also make the organiser to attach to your bag. Aussie company - check them out: http://www.kahmagolf.com
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade TP5
    mukster wrote:

I love the DGSL 300 shafts. I play the Z765s and had them shafted with KBS Tour V shafts, as the DGSL were not available anymore. Recently regripped my old Nike VR splits with the DGSL shafts and hit them today against my Srixons. Love the DGSL!

Looking at possibly reshafting the Srixons with the new DG105, but reading this makes me want to look at those Nippons.

Nice bag!

When I upgraded from my 545 with DGSL I wanted to make a point of trying all these other lightweight shafts that were on the market. I heard great things about the Modus and the first time I went for a fitting I was fit into the Modus 120 stiff. I didn’t buy my clubs then and there because I’m like that sometimes - best to let these things settle. I went for another fitting and tried the Modus 120 and 105, the DG 105 and the Nippon 950. I chose the 950 because they felt better to me than either of the 105 shafts, and they were giving me the most height (and descent angle).

On course they have been exceptional. The feel is great and the height and spin is want I want to see (can still hit lower shots as required).

I can’t speak highly enough of them
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade TP5
  • mukstermukster Is this the year? North of the 49thMembers Posts: 3,497 ✭✭
    anth wrote:

mukster wrote:

Nice bag!

When I upgraded from my 545 with DGSL I wanted to make a point of trying all these other lightweight shafts that were on the market. I heard great things about the Modus and the first time I went for a fitting I was fit into the Modus 120 stiff. I didn’t buy my clubs then and there because I’m like that sometimes - best to let these things settle. I went for another fitting and tried the Modus 120 and 105, the DG 105 and the Nippon 950. I chose the 950 because they felt better to me than either of the 105 shafts, and they were giving me the most height (and descent angle).

On course they have been exceptional. The feel is great and the height and spin is want I want to see (can still hit lower shots as required).

I can’t speak highly enough of them

Thanks for the info!
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic Subzero 13.5, Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood, Tensei Blue shaft
    Nickent 3D 3 hybrid, generic shaft
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
    Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
    Actually I should clarify that I have the NS Pro 980 GH DST, which is apparently a NS Pro 950 that is made for Srixon with some counterbalance built in.

My wedges have the NS Pro 950 and to be honest I can’t tell the difference. The feel and play the same
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade TP5