Finding Bruce Rearick's blog has been like stepping into a goldmine

124»

Comments

• Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,721 ✭✭
    One thing I absolutely believe at this juncture:

If you find a fast horse, ride it until it falls over dead.

I thought having a custom putter built would be fun. Screwed up all my mojo, goofing around with that crazy stick.

Ride, rider ride. Get on that horse and ride. I need to travel back in time where I had a few setups that were working for me. For a few ridiculous reasons, now I only have one sled with the correct lie angle, length, weight, and a grip I like. Too much experimentation has landed me free falling! I'm prone to hyperbole, too - had 28 putts with 1 three putt yesterday, so the sky isn't falling.
  • CwebbCwebb Members Posts: 5,876 ✭✭
    Matt J wrote:

One thing I absolutely believe at this juncture:

If you find a fast horse, ride it until it falls over dead.

I thought having a custom putter built would be fun. Screwed up all my mojo, goofing around with that crazy stick.

Ride, rider ride. Get on that horse and ride. I need to travel back in time where I had a few setups that were working for me. For a few ridiculous reasons, now I only have one sled with the correct lie angle, length, weight, and a grip I like. Too much experimentation has landed me free falling! I'm prone to hyperbole, too - had 28 putts with 1 three putt yesterday, so the sky isn't falling.

There's a couple constants that we learn over the years. Among them, is never let go of a great fitting putter, fairway wood, or hybrid....no matter how "old" or "outdated" they might seem
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    30 putts on 13 GIR today. Believe I'm fully over the hump. No worrying about path, just see line line and putt to the line. Even had 2 putts that stopped an inch from going in dead center.
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,721 ✭✭
    I goofed around with pulling putter grips for the first time. Found that the inner diameter changed and was forced to build up the shaft to make the grip fit correctly. Didn't account for the added weight and threw off the feel again. Sigh.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file