Golf Course Logo on Apparel

2

Comments

  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,749 ✭✭
    BRS2014 wrote:


    Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.



    I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.




    I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.
  • BRS2014BRS2014 Respect the game Members Posts: 320
    KMeloney wrote:

    BRS2014 wrote:


    Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.



    I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.




    I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.




    Making it your phones wallpaper makes 0 sense to me.

    Much rather the shirt image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,749 ✭✭
    BRS2014 wrote:

    KMeloney wrote:

    BRS2014 wrote:


    Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.



    I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.




    I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.




    Making it your phones wallpaper makes 0 sense to me.

    Much rather the shirt image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Not my phone's -- your phone's.



    Maybe you'll eventually explain your logic here (since you started a thread about it knowing the concept is odd).
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,278 ✭✭
    edited Dec 31, 2018 #35
    augustgolf wrote:


    So...you'd wear a PGA logo shirt?



    (Like I don't know the answer already)
    You know the answer already like you stated but for the rest who don't know me---- Not no but image/censored2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':censored2:' /> NO!!!! image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' /> image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,278 ✭✭
    shotmark wrote:

    LeoLeo99 wrote:

    shotmark wrote:


    A bit like wearing a tour tee shirt of a band you've never seen.




    Lots of younger folks wear concert shirts. It's very cool to see folks wearing shirts from bands that stop touring years before they were born.



    I wear my Smiths shirts and I've never seen them in concert.



    On the other hand, I'll only put logo golf balls from courses I've played in the display case and only wine corks from bottles I've drank from in my cork collection.



    As far as shirts go, I buy golf apparel that are overruns from the guy at the local flea market for cheap. They have all kinds of crazy courses or tournaments embroidering in them.




    When I see people wearing Ramones tee's I make a point of asking their favourite album. Usually I get blank looks but very occasionally it sparks a decent conversation.
    Kinda like back in the day when I rode Harleys everyone and his brother had Harley shirts--- A lot of times if you asked one what they rode you would get the very same deer in the headlights look you described
  • just plain billjust plain bill Unregistered Posts: 1,488
    if i wear a cowboys or longhorn shirt, everyone knows i'm not the 2nd string qb...

    i won't wear a golf course logo unless i've played it. just my feeling about it. do what you like.

    but i do ask people about courses if they wear the logo, just to see what the course was like, or where it's located, etc.
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,014 ✭✭
    edited Dec 31, 2018 #38
    BIG STU wrote:

    shotmark wrote:

    LeoLeo99 wrote:

    shotmark wrote:


    A bit like wearing a tour tee shirt of a band you've never seen.




    Lots of younger folks wear concert shirts. It's very cool to see folks wearing shirts from bands that stop touring years before they were born.



    I wear my Smiths shirts and I've never seen them in concert.



    On the other hand, I'll only put logo golf balls from courses I've played in the display case and only wine corks from bottles I've drank from in my cork collection.



    As far as shirts go, I buy golf apparel that are overruns from the guy at the local flea market for cheap. They have all kinds of crazy courses or tournaments embroidering in them.




    When I see people wearing Ramones tee's I make a point of asking their favourite album. Usually I get blank looks but very occasionally it sparks a decent conversation.
    Kinda like back in the day when I rode Harleys everyone and his brother had Harley shirts--- A lot of times if you asked one what they rode you would get the very same deer in the headlights look you described



    And in the end it's just a shirt.

    If I see someone walking around Austin with a YNWA shirt, I'm not going to go up to them and ask them who was worse/better Diao or Traore to try and catch them out.

    Who cares and you just come across as some smug anorak.
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,278 ✭✭
    Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears
    Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off
    I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.
  • BRS2014BRS2014 Respect the game Members Posts: 320
    KMeloney wrote:

    BRS2014 wrote:

    KMeloney wrote:

    BRS2014 wrote:


    Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.



    I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.




    I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.




    Making it your phones wallpaper makes 0 sense to me.

    Much rather the shirt image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Not my phone's -- your phone's.



    Maybe you'll eventually explain your logic here (since you started a thread about it knowing the concept is odd).




    Cheer up, it’s the holiday season! A slow time of year for golf for most.



    I fully grasped your original response.



    Making it your own personal phone wallpaper makes 0 sense to me. Better?
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,014 ✭✭
    BIG STU wrote:


    Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears
    Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off
    I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.


    No prob! I actually meant to grab the previous one without your reply in it.
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,749 ✭✭
    BRS2014 wrote:


    Making it your own personal phone wallpaper makes 0 sense to me. Better?




    I'm simply wondering what your thinking is in pursuing an article of clothing with a logo on it of something with with you have no association/experience. You must have put SOME thought into it, or you wouldn't have started a thread about people's takes on it.
  • BRS2014BRS2014 Respect the game Members Posts: 320
    KMeloney wrote:

    BRS2014 wrote:


    Making it your own personal phone wallpaper makes 0 sense to me. Better?




    I'm simply wondering what your thinking is in pursuing an article of clothing with a logo on it of something with with you have no association/experience. You must have put SOME thought into it, or you wouldn't have started a thread about people's takes on it.




    It's a slow time of year, figured I would pose a question to drum up some different dialogue on this site.



    I don't buy from courses that I haven't played often but I have in the past purchased another NGLA pullover because I liked the vest and it was a good deal.
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,749 ✭✭
    BRS2014 wrote:


    It's a slow time of year, figured I would pose a question to drum up some different dialogue on this site.



    I don't buy from courses that I haven't played often but I have in the past purchased another NGLA pullover because I liked the vest and it was a good deal.




    Wait -- you've got more than one NGLA item of clothing and have never been? (This is getting even more interesting.) And it's really just because you love the logo? That's pretty wild.



    Do you live in NY or anywhere near NGLA? Know anyone who's a member there?



    With at least two jackets with their logo on it, you've got to get there. It's one of the wildest courses I've played. It's crazy and awesome. One of my favorites.
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,278 ✭✭
    duffer987 wrote:

    BIG STU wrote:


    Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears
    Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off
    I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.


    No prob! I actually meant to grab the previous one without your reply in it.
    I sorta figured that but wanted to make sure---- Because I am far from caring what someone wears or what clubs they play either
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,669 ClubWRX


    if i wear a cowboys or longhorn shirt, everyone knows i'm not the 2nd string qb...

    i won't wear a golf course logo unless i've played it. just my feeling about it. do what you like.

    but i do ask people about courses if they wear the logo, just to see what the course was like, or where it's located, etc.




    That’s how I feel personally. And I’ll ask about a course if someone is wearing something from there. It certainly doesn’t bother me if they say they haven’t played it, I just like to talk golf with people and figure it’s a good conversation starter.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 736 ✭✭

    BRS2014 wrote:


    Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.



    I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.




    My cheap buddy buys a lot of his shirts at second hand stores. Many of those shirts have course logos on them. Quite often somebody asks him about the course on his shirt and, usually, brings up their favorite hole on the course. My buddy lies to them and nods while they tell stories of playing the course. I just sit there and smirk lol.




    I tell them it was four bucks at the Red White & Blue thrift store, new with tags. Used car, used shirts, used clubs, used house. Never learned to be embarrassed about buying what I can afford.
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,761 ✭✭
    Who cares? My grandma used to collect those souvenir spoons from places she had visited. I never thought to ask her if she ever just bought some randomly despite never visiting. Hopefully grandma wasn’t a poseur.
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

    The feedback system is annoying
  • BRS2014BRS2014 Respect the game Members Posts: 320
    KMeloney wrote:

    BRS2014 wrote:


    It's a slow time of year, figured I would pose a question to drum up some different dialogue on this site.



    I don't buy from courses that I haven't played often but I have in the past purchased another NGLA pullover because I liked the vest and it was a good deal.




    Wait -- you've got more than one NGLA item of clothing and have never been? (This is getting even more interesting.) And it's really just because you love the logo? That's pretty wild.



    Do you live in NY or anywhere near NGLA? Know anyone who's a member there?



    With at least two jackets with their logo on it, you've got to get there. It's one of the wildest courses I've played. It's crazy and awesome. One of my favorites.




    Real wild!
  • mmckee02mmckee02 Members Posts: 291 ✭✭
    Personally, I need to have played it to wear the logo. Eventually someone will notice it and ask about the course.
  • Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members Posts: 1,640 ✭✭
    I have avoided this problem by being size Small in shirts, the pro shops at courses I've either played or haven't played usually never stock any.
  • hooters714hooters714 Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I say if you like it wear it. I have a buddy that travels all over and he brings me back golf shirts and I gladly wear them because he bought for me and they are courses I will probably never get to play and when asked I tell that person I received the shirt as a present. I love golf but I am not a golf snob.
  • MalvernMalvern Members Posts: 428 ✭✭
    As usual the great man Billy Bragg was all over it



    [background=transparent]Here comes the future and you can't run from it[/background]


    [background=transparent]If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it[/background]


    [background=transparent]It's a mighty long way down rock 'n roll[/background]


    [background=transparent]From Top of the Pops to drawing the dole[/background]


    [background=transparent]If no one seems to understands[/background]


    [background=transparent]Start your own revolution, cut out the middleman[/background]


    [background=transparent]In a perfect world we'd all sing in tune[/background]


    [background=transparent]But this is reality so give me some room[/background]


    [background=transparent]So join the struggle while you may[/background]


    [background=transparent]The Revolution is just a logo shirt away[/background]
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,716 ✭✭
    I wouldn't wear a shirt from a course I hadn't played, mostly because it's a conversation starter and that's not a convo I wan't to have.
  • cb24cb24 Members Posts: 1,689 ✭✭
    I love logo shirts when they are on liquidation. I have a ton of Travis Matthews logo shirts I bought for $5-10 of courses I have never even heard. Might be dumps, lol, but the logos are decent and the shirts are nice image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • shotmarkshotmark Members Posts: 840 ✭✭
    duffer987 wrote:

    BIG STU wrote:


    Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears
    Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off
    I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.


    No prob! I actually meant to grab the previous one without your reply in it.




    That'll make me the smug anorak then? Happy new year to you too.
  • ponti33602ponti33602 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    My own rule is i will never play with a course logo shirt when playing on that very course. Do them same for road races too......don't wear the one from the race on that same race.
    Ping ISI BeNi 3-LW
    Ping Zing 3-SW
    Ping Pal 4 BeCu (3)
    Ping Scottsdale Anser BeNi **Sold**
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Machine M10 Adjuster CU
    MannKrafted MA/66 SS **Sold**
  • MarkAJonesMarkAJones Jonesy Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Do people really care? Wear / use what makes you feel good.



    Ping irons, TM driver and hybrids. Titleist bag. Srixon towel. Nike shoes and trousers, Footjoy and Ping layers, Proquip waterproofs, Mizuno brolly, Bridgestone balls, Galvin green winter gloves and a pair of old Dunlop mitts



    That's how you could find me this weekend.



    Anyone who bemoans, frowns upon or trick questions someone for wearing something with a logo that's from somewhere, or is mixed up with other logos, needs to get a life!
    Hart Common Golf Club, Westhoughton, United Kingdom

    WITB:


    Driver:
    TaylorMade 2017 M1 HZRDUS Stiff 10.5
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #2 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 15.5
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #3 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 18
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #4 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 22.5
    Irons: Ping i200 5 - PW AWT 2.0 Stiff Green dot +1inch
    Wedge 1:
    Ping Glide 50 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1inch
    Wedge 2:
    Ping Glide 54 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.25inch
    Wedge 3:
    Ping Glide 58 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.50inch
    Putter: Ping Ketsch Cadence 375g

    Gamer Ball: Bridgestone B330RXS
  • ezpzezpz Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    Matt J wrote:


    I wouldn't wear a shirt from a course I hadn't played, mostly because it's a conversation starter and that's not a convo I wan't to have.




    "Received it as a gift" or "visited the course when they held a tournament" would both do fine. It's not like your walking around with a purple heart and have to explain your life story because someone asks how you got it.
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,716 ✭✭
    ezpz wrote:

    Matt J wrote:


    I wouldn't wear a shirt from a course I hadn't played, mostly because it's a conversation starter and that's not a convo I wan't to have.




    "Received it as a gift" or "visited the course when they held a tournament" would both do fine. It's not like your walking around with a purple heart and have to explain your life story because someone asks how you got it.




    Sure, perhaps I shouldn't have said "played" but rather that I have some connection. I rarely visit courses and don't play them and even more rarely receive a shirt with a logo as a gift, so I don't really think about those things. To each their own, you can order a shirt from just about any golf course on the planet over the internet. You can probably buy Freemason apparel and rings, even Fraternity garments, or maybe a shirt from a Rotary club you don't belong to, or as mentioned a band who's music you don't listen to. As stated, if someone walks up to me in the airport and says, "I see your Bandon Dunes shirt, or your Masters shirt, have you been?" I want a natural smile to come over my face due to the fond memory and say, "yes, it's great." Not, "no, I don't even know where it is, but what a cool logo?!?" Once again to each their own, Do You.
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,764 ✭✭
    MarkAJones wrote:


    Do people really care? Wear / use what makes you feel good.



    Ping irons, TM driver and hybrids. Titleist bag. Srixon towel. Nike shoes and trousers, Footjoy and Ping layers, Proquip waterproofs, Mizuno brolly, Bridgestone balls, Galvin green winter gloves and a pair of old Dunlop mitts



    That's how you could find me this weekend.



    Anyone who bemoans, frowns upon or trick questions someone for wearing something with a logo that's from somewhere, or is mixed up with other logos, needs to get a life!




    I'm not sure what OEM golf brands have to do with the conversation.
    Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design AD-IZ 6S
    Rogue 15  fairway stock PX Even Flow Blue S
    Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
Sign In or Register to comment.