Ping G410

Comments

• KParksKParks Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    PBrowne3 wrote:

Iron pictures please

At address, the G410 irons are by far the best looking G irons that Ping has ever made. There is a toe screw on them so don't know if they are hollow or if its for weighting like the Blueprint irons.

What is the color and do the have the large plastic backing on them that the g400 do? Really interested in seeing these but hard to imagine they can beat the JPX 919 HM on looks at least!
  • uggenjigmey407uggenjigmey407 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    KParks wrote:

PBrowne3 wrote:

Iron pictures please

At address, the G410 irons are by far the best looking G irons that Ping has ever made. There is a toe screw on them so don't know if they are hollow or if its for weighting like the Blueprint irons.

What is the color and do the have the large plastic backing on them that the g400 do? Really interested in seeing these but hard to imagine they can beat the JPX 919 HM on looks at least!

I would prefer a clean look like i500. I’m certain ping will increase the price to $1000 a set. I hope golf companies are not repeating Apples story.
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,668 ✭✭
    boycer11 wrote:

Ping, please release the information on the 410 stuff so I dont get to tempted to buy the tm/cally stuff.

For anyone who gets Golf Digest, this month's issue (which is out) has a two page spread on the 2019 drivers. The G410 Plus is described as having a 16g weight that can move between three positions. Draw, Fade, and Neutral. $500 USD.
    M4 9.5°, Green Mamba 70TX
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,393 ✭✭
    Getting fit in AZ next week... Tuff to beat the G400 Max though but we will see...
  • Marco ColoMarco Colo Members Posts: 455 ✭✭
    PBrowne3 wrote:

Iron pictures please

Now be a man and put a bloody pic in here!! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • norge5norge5 Members Posts: 1,492 ✭✭
    When are these due to hit stores?
  • CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,047 ✭✭
    Iron info needed
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,943 ✭✭
    norge5 wrote:

When are these due to hit stores?

Rumor mill seems to be. Demos late Jan, irons Sometime in February. Drivers sometime in March. This is what my local shop told me Tues.

Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

Cwing wrote:

Iron info needed

Iron info from another Golfwrx forum:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1685424-g400-driver-replacement-in-january/page__st__810

I asked about the irons because I play the i210 irons today, so I wanted to hear the comparison. His comments were that they were a "very clean look" similar to the 210 as far as clean lines and design a bit larger than that the i210 but more compact than the G400--exact words "somewhere in between" on size. He says they look very nice at address and offer some offset but not nearly as much as the G400, so he thought they'd appeal to a broader group of people. He said the lineup was really impressive
  • norge5norge5 Members Posts: 1,492 ✭✭
    Sounds exactly like I was hoping it would.
  • kjrobertsonkjrobertson Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    kjrules wrote:

This looks promising, I always tried ping driver but for fine tuning of spin and launch always went back to taylormade but this looks intriguing

crown on the G410
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,714 ✭✭

Cwing wrote:

Iron info needed

http://www.golfwrx.c...y/page__st__810

I asked about the irons because I play the i210 irons today, so I wanted to hear the comparison. His comments were that they were a "very clean look" similar to the 210 as far as clean lines and design a bit larger than that the i210 but more compact than the G400--exact words "somewhere in between" on size. He says they look very nice at address and offer some offset but not nearly as much as the G400, so he thought they'd appeal to a broader group of people. He said the lineup was really impressive

I thought the irons looked great when I saw them. From a seller standpoint, I see them having much more shelf appeal than the 400. Just a cleaner look overall like you mentioned.
    TM M6 10.5 w/PX Evenflow Blue 65 Stiff
    TM M4 3HL w/Diamana D+ Ltd 70 Stiff
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2

TM TP5x
  • gabeebegabeebe Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    I can hardly wait to demo one of these sweet drivers. My G400 is definitely the best driver I have ever hit! Could the G410 possibly be even better?
  • CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,047 ✭✭

Cwing wrote:

Iron info needed

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1685424-g400-driver-replacement-in-january/page__st__810

Now we are talking. Thank you for the update.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • DrRemulakDrRemulak Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Any idea on when we will see some iron shots?
  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,263 ✭✭
    Hit the whole G410 line back in Dec and again last week, both times no pictures were allowed, sorry.
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
    taylorx300 wrote:

Hit the whole G410 line back in Dec and again last week, both times no pictures were allowed, sorry.

Can you describe the look of the irons?
  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,263 ✭✭
    They are going to sell a ton of these.

Doesn’t look like a typical Ping iron. Smaller compact shape over the G400. Less offset, slimmer blade and sole. Good topline. Feel is almost as soft as I210. Was told by ping this iron has a higher moi than the G Max irons
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • mmaloney23mmaloney23 Boston Golfer Members Posts: 696
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QHTXa7sDq4

Quick video here from Cool Shots that shows the back of the Ping G410 and the sliding wiehgt that runs the crown border wall and not on sole. Intersting take on it.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F9 Speedback Driver (white) - Fujikura Speeder EVO 661[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F9 Speedback 3 Fairway (white) - Fujikura Speeder EVO 757[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Mizuno CLK 19 Hybrid - Fujikura Speeder HB 85[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade P790 5-AW - KBS C-Taper[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 54 & 58 - KBS Custom matte black wedge shaft[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade TP5x[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist Players 14 Stand Bag - Military green/Black/White[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Robert Mark Snow Camo / Skull [/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Head covers[/font]
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    mmaloney23 wrote:

https://www.youtube....h?v=1QHTXa7sDq4

Quick video here from Cool Shots that shows the back of the Ping G410 and the sliding wiehgt that runs the crown border wall and not on sole. Intersting take on it.

Posted last week in the other thread. But because of your avatar, I'll forgive it.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers Posts: 2,426 ✭✭
    taylorx300 wrote:

What’s your take on the driver?

Callaway Epic SZ - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 15* - Diamana S Ltd
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

• juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Members Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited Jan 15, 2019 2:02am #83
    I am definitely interested in this driver. along with the cobra F9. But I don't know if carbon crown drivers is something I want to get back in to again.
    Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
    Ping G LST 9*
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
    taylorx300 wrote:

Doesn’t look like a typical Ping iron. Smaller compact shape over the G400. Less offset, slimmer blade and sole. Good topline. Feel is almost as soft as I210. Was told by ping this iron has a higher moi than the G Max irons

Thank you for the info. Is the back of the iron clean as i500 or like black plastic like G400?
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216 Members Posts: 2,975 ✭✭
    "LST" already exists. It's called lower loft and hotmelt forward/low.
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 772 ✭✭
    taylorx300 wrote:

This all seems too good to be true.

I understand if they are toning down the GI profile to try and sell more clubs.

But to think a club with these features will have a higher MOI than the G Max irons seems a bit silly.

If they do make the G410 more like the i series, I hope they add back a G Max like club (non-hollow body, high offset, etc).
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
    TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter

Getting fit in AZ next week... Tuff to beat the G400 Max though but we will see...

The max is such an awesome club already. It's almost hard to believe that Ping could make it better!

Love the looks of the new G410 but the awesome performance is all that really matters to me.

taylorx300 wrote:

Thank you for the info. Is the back of the iron clean as i500 or like black plastic like G400?

I'm very curious about this as well. Hoping for something similar to an i500/i210
    Rosco1216 wrote:

"LST" already exists. It's called lower loft and hotmelt forward/low.

If lower loft fits, but it doesn't always.
    Ping G LST 9*
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*