Club Cameron?

NorbooNorboo Members Posts: 2,224 ✭✭
Anyone member of Club Cameron? Is it worth it? I assume this is the only way to purchase limited editions?
Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F3 and F5
Hybrid: Ping G400 3 & 5
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50, 58
Putter: Honma CB8055 since 1989
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X

Backup/Benched
Driver: Ping G20
Fairway Wood: Tour Edge EX10 Beta 4 wood GD Tour AD F
Hybrid: Ping G400 4 hybrid
Putter: S.C. Golo 3

Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

Comments

• BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭
    edited Dec 30, 2018 #2
    It's the only way to get stuff released from the cameron site

Limited edition putters are not sold through the site, or putters at all for that matter

People are split on whether its worth it, but you get a nice member gift every year you join/re up, and the chance to buy stuff when it's released
    Yadi for President
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 651 ✭✭
    edited Dec 30, 2018 #3
    Honestly I only joined this year because of the member kit. I have looked at it for the last several years but the kit didn't appeal to me. The bag that came with it this year was worth the joining fee for me, then I sold the headcover and the rest of the stuff and made back about half of my money. I am interested to see what is included this year, I'll only rejoin if it's something I want.
    Yup, that's about right. I joined for the kit this past year.

As for releases, I think bought 1 cover this year.

Didn't really like much this year, and the stuff I really would have wanted, like the USA stand bag went waaaaay too fast for me to have a chance at it
    Yadi for President
  • NorbooNorboo Members Posts: 2,224 ✭✭
    BYK wrote:

Limited edition putters are not sold through the site, or putters at all for that matter

People are split on whether its worth it, but you get a nice member gift every year you join/re up, and the chance to buy stuff when it's released

How does one buy the limited editions?

Backup/Benched

limited edition putters?

gotta get thru an authorized dealer , and even then ya kinda gotta be pretty close with them generally

or there's always ebay
    Yadi for President
  • NorbooNorboo Members Posts: 2,224 ✭✭
    BYK wrote:

limited edition putters?

gotta get thru an authorized dealer , and even then ya kinda gotta be pretty close with them generally

or there's always ebay

Generally how much are they and how much market up on eBay?

Backup/Benched

markup has been pretty big recently

Usually dies off a couple months later, but still marked up

it's good to be scotty cameron nowadays
    Yadi for President
  • FlyOverFlyOver SoCalMembers Posts: 394 ✭✭
    Norboo wrote:

BYK wrote:

If you ever travel to SoCal, stop by his Gallery Store in Encinitas and you can purchase CT.
    Taylormade M6 9.0 loft-GD AD IZ 7S shaft
    Taylormade M6 3W-GD AD IZ 8S shaft
    Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
    Honma TW 747v forged 4-10 irons-Modus 105 stiff shafts
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 58* C Grind
    Scotty Cameron modified Detour Newport 2 putter
    Scotty Cameron Black Mist Notchback Putter
    Titleist yellow ProV1X 
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    Welcome Kit does a good job of offsetting the price of membership.
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • HalohaHaloha Golf Addict Members Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Norboo wrote:

BYK wrote:

best bet is to visit the san diego store!
    Bag of tricks
    Driver: Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD-DI 6X
    Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Design AD-DI 7X
    Hybrid: Taylormade M1 4HY-21 w/Graphite Design AD-Di 95S
    Irons: Callaway '18 X-Forged 4-PW DG TI S400 -2 flat/ +2 strong
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6-52/ SM7-56/SM6-60 Copper Lmt.Ed.
    Putter: Scotty Cameron H18 or Select M-1
    Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X or Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob ClubWRX Posts: 994 ClubWRX
    I agree that the annual kit is worth the price of admission - if you live Stateside. To send even an oilcloth down here to Sydney they want something laughable like $60USD. I don’t really mind as I don’t need a ‘heads up’ on new release covers that I haven’t really liked for the last few years anyway. :-)

Rob
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    Rob McHugh wrote:

I agree that the annual kit is worth the price of admission - if you live Stateside. To send even an oilcloth down here to Sydney they want something laughable like $60USD. I don’t really mind as I don’t need a ‘heads up’ on new release covers that I haven’t really liked for the last few years anyway. :-)

Rob

Also the fact that you can pick up the headcovers on eBay for less than it would cost from the Studio Store!
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,387 ✭✭
    Haloha wrote:

Norboo wrote:

BYK wrote:

the gallery has gallery specific clothing and accessories and MTO and tour putters, the limited edition puttters go to authorized Titleist dealers.
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD DI 7S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    BottleCap wrote:

Haloha wrote:

Norboo wrote:

BYK wrote:

the gallery has gallery specific clothing and accessories and MTO and tour putters, the limited edition puttters go to authorized Titleist dealers.

This

although I thought for one of the black fridays, an old limited showed up? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong though
    Yadi for President
  • HalohaHaloha Golf Addict Members Posts: 174 ✭✭
    BYK wrote:

BottleCap wrote:

Haloha wrote:

Norboo wrote:

BYK wrote:

This

although I thought for one of the black fridays, an old limited showed up? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong though

I heard that most of the limited editions go to the dealers but the harder to get tour putters are sometimes available at SD or Tokyo stores
    Bag of tricks
    Driver: Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD-DI 6X
    Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Design AD-DI 7X
    Hybrid: Taylormade M1 4HY-21 w/Graphite Design AD-Di 95S
    Irons: Callaway '18 X-Forged 4-PW DG TI S400 -2 flat/ +2 strong
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6-52/ SM7-56/SM6-60 Copper Lmt.Ed.
    Putter: Scotty Cameron H18 or Select M-1
    Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X or Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    New kit is up. Big Bang for the buck this year
  • ponti33602ponti33602 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Kind of sums it up........it is more than worth it if you like the given years membership kit plus the potential to buy other stuff first.
    Ping ISI BeNi 3-LW
    Ping Zing 3-SW
    Ping Pal 4 BeCu (3)
    Ping Scottsdale Anser BeNi **Sold**
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Machine M10 Adjuster CU
    MannKrafted MA/66 SS **Sold**
  • EvolvedEvolved Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    If you're buying for the kit you're doing it wrong. The membership is only worth it if you plan to buy the limited release items throughout the year.
  • EricWGolfEricWGolf Members Posts: 605 ✭✭
    Evolved wrote:

If you're buying for the kit you're doing it wrong. The membership is only worth it if you plan to buy the limited release items throughout the year.

Unless you are buying the kit because you like the stuff in the kit and think it is worth the price, and the option to buy limited release items is potential added value, but not mandatory. In which case, you are doing it exactly right.
    TaylorMade M6 - Tensei Pro Orange 60
    TaylorMade M4 3 Wood - KuroKage 70
    TaylorMade M4 3 Hybrid - KuroKage 80
    TaylorMade P790 4-PW - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 51
    TaylorMade HiToe 56/60 - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
    EricWGolf wrote:

Evolved wrote:

Unless you are buying the kit because you like the stuff in the kit and think it is worth the price, and the option to buy limited release items is potential added value, but not mandatory. In which case, you are doing it exactly right.

Bingo. I have s few friends who have gotten in just for the kit and maybe grab some stuff in the releases but weren’t going to spend the day refreshing trying to get every release
  • niscur24niscur24 Members Posts: 1,488 ✭✭
    I joined up this year just for the kit! The colors are great and the backpack will be heavily used. The 2018 kit I skipped as I had no use for the Sunday bag and I bought the 2017 kit off eBay cheaper than the membership and use the camo bag all the time.

I honestly don’t plan to try to fight the hordes for the limited stuffs as all of the 2018 stuff did nothing for me. This year the kit is enough for me. But to each his own.
    DRIVER: G400 Ahina 70 or Cobra F8+ Rogue Silver 70
    FAIRWAY: G410 14.5 Evenflow 85 or Cobra F8+ 3/4 & 5/6 Tour Blue 85
    HYBRIDS: G Hybrid 17/22 Tour 90 or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
    IRONS: I210 5-PW LZ 6.0 or Cobra Tour Forged 5-Pw KBS Flighted 125
    WEDGES: Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0 or Nike Vr Forged 50/54/58 DG
    PUTTER: Some form of a Scotty or Betti
    WITB:http://www.golfwrx.c...date-nike-time/

• ponti33602ponti33602 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    niscur24 wrote:

I joined up this year just for the kit! The colors are great and the backpack will be heavily used. The 2018 kit I skipped as I had no use for the Sunday bag and I bought the 2017 kit off eBay cheaper than the membership and use the camo bag all the time.

I honestly don't plan to try to fight the hordes for the limited stuffs as all of the 2018 stuff did nothing for me. This year the kit is enough for me. But to each his own.

Does anyone know how many members there are? So sounds like even with the membership it is quite challenging to get something when released?
    Ping ISI BeNi 3-LW
    Ping Zing 3-SW
    Ping Pal 4 BeCu (3)
    Ping Scottsdale Anser BeNi **Sold**
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Machine M10 Adjuster CU
    MannKrafted MA/66 SS **Sold**
  • EricWGolfEricWGolf Members Posts: 605 ✭✭
    ponti33602 wrote:

Does anyone know how many members there are? So sounds like even with the membership it is quite challenging to get something when released?

If the release is “good” it can be very challenging. Some are gone within minutes. Basically, if you aren’t constantly refreshing your browser and hitting “buy” the minute it is available, you aren’t going to get it.

The 2018 releases were . . . not Scotty’s most popular. A few lasted several hours or even through the day. I think one or two made it to the following day.
    TaylorMade M6 - Tensei Pro Orange 60
    TaylorMade M4 3 Wood - KuroKage 70
    TaylorMade M4 3 Hybrid - KuroKage 80
    TaylorMade P790 4-PW - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 51
    TaylorMade HiToe 56/60 - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
  • wilymowilymo GAMembers Posts: 261 ✭✭
    The kit is usually worth it but if you’re buying it for the limited stuff it can be hard to get the good ones. For me, the biggest turn off is shipping and tax always adds like $30 to the price of a head cover which is annoying. Usually ends up being cheaper finding on the bst
    ponti33602 wrote:

niscur24 wrote:

I honestly don't plan to try to fight the hordes for the limited stuffs as all of the 2018 stuff did nothing for me. This year the kit is enough for me. But to each his own.

It’s not known iirc but I has grown the last couple years. I’ve been actively looking at releases for the last two years. Other than 1 or 2 times in 2017 and once this year I never had a problem getting anything. This year I don’t buy much but was able to add to my cart with no issues then when/what I chose not to buy I just Reno removed from the cart. The key is to be logged in and ready before 1130 east coast and to keep checking. Some hit at 1130 and others as late as 12
  • DrJACOBDrJACOB Members Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Last year I purchased the kit early Feb. and found out the Sunday bag was back ordered after I noticed it never came. The Kit didn't show up for another 3 months yet my card was ran that day. Also should mention that the few times I went to buy

something released (ex. Roller Divit tool) it Sold out. Yet on Ebay you can pay double to get the sold out item.

So you get cool Scotty Cameron Swag that it worth $100 imo however also basically become a worthless Member with a bunch of Ebay Flippers! LOL
    TM M1 10.5 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X
    Ping Stretch 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
    Titlesit 910H 19*
    Miura Bades 4-PW
    Miura Wedges 51,55,59
    Callaway PM 64
    BB2 or at least one of my 8802 style putters
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 651 ✭✭
    I just ordered the new kit...they must have learned from the CF that was last year because it says "order today and receive the member kit within 2 weeks." I know a lot of guys were pretty pissed last year (and rightly so.) I ordered mine knowing it would be a while before it showed up so I was mentally prepared for it.
    DrJACOB wrote:

Last year I purchased the kit early Feb. and found out the Sunday bag was back ordered after I noticed it never came. The Kit didn't show up for another 3 months yet my card was ran that day. Also should mention that the few times I went to buy

something released (ex. Roller Divit tool) it Sold out. Yet on Ebay you can pay double to get the sold out item.

So you get cool Scotty Cameron Swag that it worth $100 imo however also basically become a worthless Member with a bunch of Ebay Flippers! LOL

They had an increase in membership and since they outsource their bags it takes awhile followed by where you fall in line in order number.

As for releases I think people make it sound harder than it is to get most items. Outside of a bag in 2017 and one of the majors and one release this year I had no issues getting what I wanted or putting items in my cart. One has to be patient and get logged in a little early and stay with it as many times items don’t release exactly at 1130 eastern.

As for the flippers that’s typical of any hobby market out there
  • WhereIsDetroitWhereIsDetroit Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    When do the limited release items become available? Are there social media posts like Bettinardis Hive? Email warnings?

When do the limited release items become available? Are there social media posts like Bettinardis Hive? Email warnings?

They come out in Tuesday’s st 11:30 am (not always right at that time but I’ve never seen them earlier). They are usually based around pga or web.com events, holidays and majors. The first one is next week for the Hawaii tournament. They normally post a teaser on social media the day before