2019 Tournament of Champions

2456717

Comments

  • Hrlyrdr22Hrlyrdr22 Members Posts: 680 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:


    The greens were in bad shape last year. Any word on how they are currently?




    Played there recently...asked specifically about 14...they ripped the old green out and put new in...was in much better shape than this time last year. If that's one of the holes your referencing.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,535 ClubWRX
    Predicting that regardless of what Patrick Reed does, there will be negative comments about him.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,913 ClubWRX
    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Predicting that regardless of what Patrick Reed does, there will be negative comments about him.




    I'm having my wife and daughters talk crap about him on Twitter, and while they are at it I'll have them take after the Outback Bowl for our crappy seats - for crying out loud we were in front of the TV in the basement instead of 50 yard line at the stadium! ;-)
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,535 ClubWRX
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Predicting that regardless of what Patrick Reed does, there will be negative comments about him.




    I'm having my wife and daughters talk crap about him on Twitter, and while they are at it I'll have them take after the Outback Bowl for our crappy seats - for crying out loud we were in front of the TV in the basement instead of 50 yard line at the stadium! ;-)




    At least you pulled out the W Sir. Unlike some of us that got blown out...AGAIN.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,913 ClubWRX
    DavePelz4 wrote:

    Hawkeye77 wrote:

    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Predicting that regardless of what Patrick Reed does, there will be negative comments about him.




    I'm having my wife and daughters talk crap about him on Twitter, and while they are at it I'll have them take after the Outback Bowl for our crappy seats - for crying out loud we were in front of the TV in the basement instead of 50 yard line at the stadium! ;-)




    At least you pulled out the W Sir. Unlike some of us that got blown out...AGAIN.




    That was a tough one to watch even for us who aren't real Huskies!
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Can't tell you how excited I am to cook up a nice meal, mix a decent drink and plop my a** in front of the TV at 6pm tomorrow.



    Just enough time to grab a workout after work.



    Rinse and repeat for Friday.
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,544 ✭✭
    rawdog wrote:


    Can't tell you how excited I am to cook up a nice meal, mix a decent drink and plop my a** in front of the TV at 6pm tomorrow.



    Just enough time to grab a workout after work.



    Rinse and repeat for Friday.




    I’m going with Bryson this week.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

    rawdog wrote:


    Can't tell you how excited I am to cook up a nice meal, mix a decent drink and plop my a** in front of the TV at 6pm tomorrow.



    Just enough time to grab a workout after work.



    Rinse and repeat for Friday.




    I'm going with Bryson this week.




    Good. That makes my new Bryson tattoo seem a little less silly.
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,544 ✭✭
    rawdog wrote:

    ebrasmus21 wrote:

    rawdog wrote:


    Can't tell you how excited I am to cook up a nice meal, mix a decent drink and plop my a** in front of the TV at 6pm tomorrow.



    Just enough time to grab a workout after work.



    Rinse and repeat for Friday.




    I'm going with Bryson this week.




    Good. That makes my new Bryson tattoo seem a little less silly.




    Is it next to the one of Tiger?
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

    rawdog wrote:

    ebrasmus21 wrote:

    rawdog wrote:


    Can't tell you how excited I am to cook up a nice meal, mix a decent drink and plop my a** in front of the TV at 6pm tomorrow.



    Just enough time to grab a workout after work.



    Rinse and repeat for Friday.




    I'm going with Bryson this week.




    Good. That makes my new Bryson tattoo seem a little less silly.




    Is it next to the one of Tiger?




    [vomit.gif]













    (jk, I'm tiger neutral)
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,996 ✭✭
    OWGR details



    SoF 414 (422 last year)

    1st Place Points 56 (same)



    only Tiger, Phil and Rose missing





    Brooks Koepka needs a two way T8th to stay world #1 according to [twitter]VC606[/twitter]



    He also states Cameron Champ moves to #36 with a win.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • texcromtexcrom ClubWRX Posts: 3,505 ClubWRX


    Always love this tournament. One of my bucket list courses to play.




    Been there twice. The views from the 17th and 18th tees might be the best in golf. Actually, the 17th is best of the two because it is a little higher elevation.
    Any combination of 14 of the clubs below make up the bag at any given time:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff 
    Titleist TS3 16.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 - PW Project X PXi 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2 4 - PW AMT Tour White S-300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 46-10F, 50-08F, 54-10S, 58-12D, 60-12D
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport
    Titleist Pro V1X

    Others:
    Titleist 905R 10.5 degree YS6+ Stiff, Taylormade R7 425 TP, Taylormade R7 TP Titanium 3 wood, Ping Anser 35 inch brass (old), Cleveland Designed By blade putter.

    GO VOLS!
  • 00steven00steven Members Posts: 224 ✭✭
    Justin Thomas would be my pick. Can’t wait for some real golf!
    Driver: Taylormade M3
    3 Wood: Taylormade M2
    3 Hybrid: Taylormade M2
    4-PW: Titleist AP1
    Wedges: 52/56 Titlest SM5 60 Titleist SM6
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,812 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Predicting that regardless of what Patrick Reed does, there will be negative comments about him.




    Geez, why don't you predict Mrs. Pelz will make you make the coffee in the morning ?!?!?! image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56*, 60* DGS300
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • Pepe8714Pepe8714 Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Bryson wins by 3
  • MoxleyMoxley Members Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Shame there's no Rose, but a good field otherwise.



    Too hard to say who'll win this early on, I'll just enjoy some good golf.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,914 ✭✭
    Uh guys, will you stop saying that Bryson is going to win, I am looking forward to it all getting started and reading positive comments about Bryson is a negative for me.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:


    Uh guys, will you stop saying that Bryson is going to win, I am looking forward to it all getting started and reading positive comments about Bryson is a negative for me.




    (posted in jest)



    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,914 ✭✭
    rawdog wrote:

    MattyO1984 wrote:


    Uh guys, will you stop saying that Bryson is going to win, I am looking forward to it all getting started and reading positive comments about Bryson is a negative for me.




    (posted in jest)



    [media=]




    Haha, boo to you too! (also in jest).
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • UndonersgUndonersg Members Posts: 90
    I think it is going to come down to who has their irons going. I feel like Molinari/Rahm/Rory are gonna take it down.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,914 ✭✭
    Undonersg wrote:


    I think it is going to come down to who has their irons going. I feel like Molinari/Rahm/Rory are gonna take it down.




    Rory's putting will need to be better than atrocious for that to come to pass.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,535 ClubWRX
    nsxguy wrote:

    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Predicting that regardless of what Patrick Reed does, there will be negative comments about him.




    Geez, why don't you predict Mrs. Pelz will make you make the coffee in the morning ?!?!?! image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    Because that will NEVER, EVER, EVER HAPPEN. It's like Taylor Swift and I getting together.
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,753 ✭✭
    BKN1964 wrote:


    I was surprised to see Champ in the field. I had always thought it was for the winners from the prior season, not the prior calendar year. Guess I was wrong.


    I believe he won an event, didn't he? Sanderson Farms, I think.
    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0
    Rogue 17* Atmos Blue TS
    G 410 19* Tour 85 R
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage S
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s (In Play) / Srixon Z765 6-GW Modus 105s (Standing By)
    MackDaddy4 Black 54 S and RTX 3 Raw 58* 
    '17 Studio Stock 8
    Some kind of 3 or 4 piece urethane covered soft feeling ball
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 1,993 ✭✭
    Going to come down to who putts best with the flag stick in.
    Ping G400 MAX Aerotech Ti-Fiber Tour 70 F6-x
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Titleist Studio Design 2
    Pro V1
  • Coy MCoy M OG Baby Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭


    Koepka to win




    JT from your Profile Pic: "No way Jose"
  • pheenomz4774pheenomz4774 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭
    For some reason this year, I think I am more excited for the start of the 2019 calendar year PGA tour than I ever before. Something feels different this year, I think somebody (have no idea who) is going to have a special/career year.
    Back to all Ping...
    G400 Driver 9.0°
    G30 3 Wood 15.5°, G 5 Wood 18.5°
    i210 3 - PW
    Glide 50° (bent to 51°)/54° (bent to 55°)SS
    Sigma 2 Valor 34"
  • UndonersgUndonersg Members Posts: 90
    MattyO1984 wrote:

    Undonersg wrote:


    I think it is going to come down to who has their irons going. I feel like Molinari/Rahm/Rory are gonna take it down.




    Rory's putting will need to be better than atrocious for that to come to pass.




    He averages -0.6 strokes gained per round on Slower greens... I don't know, just feel like he will be okay here.
  • MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 901 ✭✭
    edited Jan 3, 2019 1:46pm #59
    Is this Cam Champs first tournament with the big boys? Took about a 2 month hiatus from golf and this website. On another note, hard not to pick DJ with how he destroyed this course last year.

    Undonersg wrote:


    I think it is going to come down to who has their irons going. I feel like Molinari/Rahm/Rory are gonna take it down.


    I'd love to see Rory get hot quick. He's always been one of my favorites to watch.
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,812 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:

    nsxguy wrote:

    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Predicting that regardless of what Patrick Reed does, there will be negative comments about him.




    Geez, why don't you predict Mrs. Pelz will make you make the coffee in the morning ?!?!?! image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    Because that will NEVER, EVER, EVER HAPPEN. It's like Taylor Swift and I getting together.




    That's my point. Just as easy as predicting Patrick will get roasted (for whatever).



    Even I could predict the sun will come up tomorrow. Where's the challenge in that ? image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56*, 60* DGS300
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 901 ✭✭
    edited Jan 3, 2019 2:07pm #61
    How can we watch this?? Just the GC?
Sign In or Register to comment.