function 18

Has anyone ordered any golf apparel from Function 18? I was on the website earlier today and the prices look pretty good, I live in eastern US so this would be an international order, just wondering if anyone has any experience ordering from this site and what they thought. I am looking for a winter quilted golf jacket and this site has a good selection and low prices.

Thanks.

Comments

• Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members Posts: 717 ✭✭
    I’ve ordered from them a few times without incident. They’ve shipped pretty quickly to Wisconsin. I haven’t had to return anything so I can’t comment there.
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,779 ✭✭
    Yes; they are awesome. Order without hesitation, many of their prices are substantially better than you'll find here in the U.S.
    Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design AD-IZ 6S
    Rogue 15  fairway stock PX Even Flow Blue S
    Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
  • JLewJLew Members Posts: 943 ✭✭
    One order with them, went well. I've ordered from GolfPoser before, same type of setup. I just make sure I'm ordering enough for free shipping.

Function 18 shipped pretty quickly. Didn't get much in the way of order tracking but the stuff showed up before I would have expected it.
    Taylormade M5 : AD-IZ 6X
    Titleist 915F : Rogue Black 70X
    Taylormade P790 UDI : AD-DI 105X
    Taylormade P790 3-PW : PX LZ 6.5
    Taylormade MG 52/58 : PX LZ 6.5
    Evnroll 1.2
    Taylormade TP5X
  • harbor17harbor17 Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    Thanks guys, this was helpful.
  • FairwindsgolferFairwindsgolfer Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    I too have been interested in function 18.

The only thing that makes me nervous is the sizing of the clothing, being that it is a overseas based website.

Is there any issue in regards to size in problems with this website, or can I order a large in a shirt and expect it to be the same size as a U S. large?

I know that they have a size calculator for overseas versus U.S. shoes but didn't see the same for their clothing.

Bridgestone J33 combo 5-pw
    Ping G400 LST driver
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood
    Nike CPR 2 hybrid
    Cobra Baffler 3 hybrid
    Callaway MD4 50, 54, 60 wedges
    Putter- I hate them all

• JLewJLew Members Posts: 943 ✭✭

The only thing that makes me nervous is the sizing of the clothing, being that it is a overseas based website.

Is there any issue in regards to size in problems with this website, or can I order a large in a shirt and expect it to be the same size as a U S. large?

I know that they have a size calculator for overseas versus U.S. shoes but didn't see the same for their clothing.

Only difference in sizing that you should see is the difference between US and UK shoe sizing. All clothing sizing has been the same but, fyi, all my orders have been Nike so that’s a US brand, obviously.
    Taylormade M5 : AD-IZ 6X
    Titleist 915F : Rogue Black 70X
    Taylormade P790 UDI : AD-DI 105X
    Taylormade P790 3-PW : PX LZ 6.5
    Taylormade MG 52/58 : PX LZ 6.5
    Evnroll 1.2
    Taylormade TP5X
  • srini81srini81 Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Ordered from them a few times without any issue, they’re legit. Only thing - for some reason, they ship “signature required”. No biggie but cost me a trip to Fedex.

FWIW, trendygolf has US distribution which makes returns easier. Broader assortment than function18 but function18 maybe slightly cheaper.
  • Garush34Garush34 Members Posts: 361 ✭✭
    I have used function 18 a few times and is always great service. I can't speak for the international shipping mind as I am in the UK, but no worries from them as a seller point of view.
    WITB

Titleist 913 D3 Grafalloy blue 2013 stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Taylormade burner rescue 17 degree stiff shaft
    Cobra Fly-Z Plus 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Wilson Staff FG Tour Wedges 50, 54, 58, Dynamic Gold
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #1
    Handicap 16.5

Home club https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk
  • TherealpatgilesTherealpatgiles Members Posts: 336 ✭✭
    I used function 18 last month for a pullover, a glove and a hat. Took 21 days from order to delivery to Michigan.
    Taylormade m5 9 ad gp 7x
    Epon af901 19 modus 120
    Nike vapor pro combo 3 iron
    Epon af 503 4-w modus 120s
    Epon tour 50 55 60 modus w
    Epon i33 rose gold putter
  • bmellisenbmellisen Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭
    No issue with function 18 and have used them multiple times. Would also recommend golfsupport.com. Also great prices and very fast shipping(if everything is in stock).
    Very useful info!

Thanks for the recommendations!

Ping G400 LST driver
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood
    Nike CPR 2 hybrid
    Cobra Baffler 3 hybrid
    Putter- I hate them all

• rwmck9rwmck9 Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Ordered a Galvin Green jacket from them a few months ago. Arrived within a few days
    G400 LST (10° playing at 9°) - Rogue limited edition 125msi 60TX
    Cobra F7 3W (14.5°) - Fujikura 65X
    RBZ Stage 2 Tour 2h (16.5° playing at 18°) - Accra HF tour M4
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged (4-GW) - Project X LZ 5.5
    Vokey SM7 54, 58
    Ping Anser 2 TR1966
  • AlternateFairwayAlternateFairway Members Posts: 108 ✭✭

can't speak for all brands but i bought some footjoy polos off of function 18 and found out that the uk sizes and us sizes are 2 different things

a uk xl is more like a us L

other than that the things i've ordered from there have been great and no problems and shipped pretty fast all things considered
    TS2 8.5 // rogue silver 125 70g tx
    917 f2 15 // fujikura speeder pro 84 x
    718 tmb 2-P // pxi 7.0
    cleveland rtx 2.0 52/56/60
    odyssey tour black 2 ball blade
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,921 ClubWRX
    JLew wrote:

Only difference in sizing that you should see is the difference between US and UK shoe sizing. All clothing sizing has been the same but, fyi, all my orders have been Nike so that’s a US brand, obviously.

can't speak for all brands but i bought some footjoy polos off of function 18 and found out that the uk sizes and us sizes are 2 different things

other than that the things i've ordered from there have been great and no problems and shipped pretty fast all things considered

When ordering from overseas...I routinely use function18, golfsupport, golfposer...you do have to keep in mind that most apparel companies do have different cuts and fits for Euro and USA. Euro sizing and cut is typically much smaller and more fitted/tailored/slimmer cut than USA based sizing. Example is FJ as the poster above stated. Euro fit is way slimmer, and honestly what I've found a lot of USA based customers wish it was over here...FootJoy here in the US is way too baggy/loose (and I sell FJ).

When ordering from a Euro site, best rule of thumb is to always know your own measurements, and compare that to the sizing chart for that apparel manufacturer on the Euro site. Don't blindly order the same size you wear here in America, even if it's the same manufacturer. I know FJ is different, Under Armour is slightly more fitted in Euro, Galvin Green sizing is about a full size smaller, Kjus is usually (and my experience supports) a full 2 sizes smaller than USA based sizing, etc.

Know your measurements and use the charts on the Euro websites and you'll be fine.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • LoudmouthtreLoudmouthtre SeattleMembers Posts: 305 ✭✭
    Highly recommend Function18 and also GolfPoser. Great pricing and fast shipping. Customer service is also quick to respond if you have any questions as well.
    Taylormade M4 Kuro Kage Silver 60G X-Stiff
    Taylormade M2 3HL Kuro Kage Silver 70G Stiff
    Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 3H Kuro Kage Silver 80HY Stiff
    Taylormade P790s 4-PW DG S300
    Taylormade Milled Grind 50/56/60 DG S300
    Taylormade TP Collection "Soto" SuperStroke 3.0 Slim
    Taylormade TPX5 Ball
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,914 ✭✭
    I'm ordering in the UK which makes a difference but I always found Function18 to be great. Best customer service when it comes to the golf shops online that I have used.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
    chris975d wrote:

JLew wrote:

When ordering from overseas...I routinely use function18, golfsupport, golfposer...you do have to keep in mind that most apparel companies do have different cuts and fits for Euro and USA. Euro sizing and cut is typically much smaller and more fitted/tailored/slimmer cut than USA based sizing. Example is FJ as the poster above stated. Euro fit is way slimmer, and honestly what I've found a lot of USA based customers wish it was over here...FootJoy here in the US is way too baggy/loose (and I sell FJ).

When ordering from a Euro site, best rule of thumb is to always know your own measurements, and compare that to the sizing chart for that apparel manufacturer on the Euro site. Don't blindly order the same size you wear here in America, even if it's the same manufacturer. I know FJ is different, Under Armour is slightly more fitted in Euro, Galvin Green sizing is about a full size smaller, Kjus is usually (and my experience supports) a full 2 sizes smaller than USA based sizing, etc.

Know your measurements and use the charts on the Euro websites and you'll be fine.

Fantastic advice..

Much appreciated

Ping G400 LST driver
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood
    Nike CPR 2 hybrid
    Cobra Baffler 3 hybrid
    Putter- I hate them all

• JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 948 ✭✭
    If you wear Medium Nike, then it’ll be large Kjus or Galvin Green. Anything specifically for the US Market will be a size bigger to make up for all those hot dogs you guys eat.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Stiff Ping Tour 65
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
    Titleist 818 H1 19 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Bettinardi BB39
    Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
    JuCad X300
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,921 ClubWRX
    Joelsim wrote:

If you wear Medium Nike, then it’ll be large Kjus or Galvin Green. Anything specifically for the US Market will be a size bigger to make up for all those hot dogs you guys eat.

More or less, but does depend on the reference brand the person is coming from. I've actually found Kjus to be about a size and a half from most US based sizes, except FootJoy. FootJoy is stupidly large over here. I can wear a large comfortably in FootJoy's standard cut here (usually an XL in most...46-49" chest measurement depending on where I'm at in my training at any given time), but in Kjus, I'm a 3XL if I want a little extra room in the shoulders and upper arms to actually move during golf (can wear a Kjus XXL for non-golf activities). Just always make sure to know your own body measurements and go off of the manufacturer's size charts.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • JMH1220JMH1220 Members Posts: 732 ✭✭
    chris975d wrote:

JLew wrote:

Fat a** Americans. Lol!
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,101 ✭✭
    Another fan of Function 18 here.

I also order a fair bit of stuff from https://golfbase.co.uk whether via their website or eBay store. Obviously when a discount code is around the eBay store makes more sense.

Like others I generally prefer what's on offer in UK, both from a style and fit/size POV.
  • Nofehr00Nofehr00 ClubWRX Posts: 52 ClubWRX
    Function 18 is fantastic! I’ve ordered lots from them. Shopping was reasonable just took a few days more. Any Euro brands like stated are smaller. I wear a 46 sport coat and 17/35 shirt and I couldn’t move in some xl stuff but 2xl was spot on for Galvin Green.