what a deal!

just plain billjust plain bill Unregistered Posts: 1,488 ✭✭
so...had $19 on a dick's card. golf clearance area. TM m2 24* fwy wood, regular $249. marked to $169. has a blue dot. 75% off lowest marked! got it for $41!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• LemondeLemonde Members Posts: 745 ✭✭
    And this is posted in the tour and pre release thread because ?
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Stock Orange X
    On Order - TM Original One Mini 13.5 Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • MitchellGolfingMitchellGolfing Members Posts: 1,317 ✭✭
    Lemonde wrote:

And this is posted in the tour and pre release thread because ?

Probably excitement. Be kind brother.
    Callaway Xr 9* set to 11*, Project X 6.0
    Adams Tightlies 16*,Stock stiff
    Wilson Reflex 4-G Uniflex stock steel
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 54/58* Wedge flex
    Ping Anser 33” Superstroke 3.0
  • bladehunterbladehunter Rain rain go the hell away ! south carolinaMembers Posts: 26,579 ✭✭
    Lol. Best thread in this section to be honest. Or at least most info.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21 ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-pw  Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • JStangJStang Members Posts: 2,445 ✭✭
    Dang, that's the best deal I have seen on a 12 wood.
    '16 M2 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 & 3 | Apex Pro Dot's | Vokey SM6 52, 58 | Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,769 mod
    Moved
    Cleveland, Nike, Taylormade, Titleist, Vessel
    Handicap:  3
  • just plain billjust plain bill Unregistered Posts: 1,488 ✭✭
    edited Jan 1, 2019 6:11pm #7
    they probably use it on the lpga? heck, i thought that's where to post, lol...and, yeah, i'm dang excited!
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,835 ✭✭
    JStang wrote:

Dang, that's the best deal I have seen on a 12 wood.

Oh cmon don’t be harsh, it’s only a 9 or maybe 9 and a half wood
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
    hey, as long as it gets the ball up high and lands softly...been using my 31hyb from 80yds out, and it works for this oldtimer, lol
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,835 ✭✭

hey, as long as it gets the ball up high and lands softly...been using my 31hyb from 80yds out, and it works for this oldtimer, lol

Scorecard doesn’t have a spot for what club you used so use whatever works, great deal on a club that hopefully helps ya.
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
    just another arrow in the quiver, lol. heck, my hcap is the lowest of my entire life! a ton of practice has helped since retirement.
  • tdk8180tdk8180 Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭
    Nice find...I remember my first deal
  • bkirkley09bkirkley09 Members Posts: 383 ✭✭
    Great deal! Now hurry and post it on BST for full retail price and say no lowballs and then go buy something else before it sells! Lol seriously though great deal!

PING G400 Max 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD BB 6X
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W, Oban Devotion 7x
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W, Smoke 80g 6.5
    Ping I210 4-PW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide Stealth, 50ss, 54ss, 58ss, AWT Wedge Flex
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Moto, 33"

• CrushSticksCrushSticks Members Posts: 632 ✭✭
    13 HL
    Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
    Adams Tight Lies 3-16
    Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
    Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
    Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
    Vokey SM 09 56
    Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,769 mod

so...had $19 on a dick's card. golf clearance area. TM m2 24* fwy wood, regular $249. marked to $169. has a blue dot. 75% off lowest marked! got it for $41!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great 7 wood! I have a 23 degree and it's my 190 club.
    Cleveland, Nike, Taylormade, Titleist, Vessel
    Handicap:  3
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,296 ✭✭
    You practically stole it.

That’s a good start to 2019
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
    I figure the 22° works from 150 to 170+, depending where I grip it. The 24° will have to get usage to figure out it's use. But yeah, great start to 2019!
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,675 ✭✭
    edited Jan 2, 2019 1:41am #18
    24* fwy...when you absolutely need the ball to go 200ft high
    I am so bad with irons...I think I've hit 200 balls in practice at 75 to 100yds with my 6hyb. Even if I chunk it the ball still goes. Played a practice round and the longest iron I used was the pw. The 31 worked really well for me. It was kind of shocking that I could be 80yds out, choke down to the bottom of the grip, take that 50% swing, and put the ball on the green. If ping made the exact club in a higher loft, like 35°, I wouldnt need the 8 or 9, lol...

The 22° fwy wood I have has just the right amount of what I need on longer approaches, depending on where I grip it. I see the 24° as a gap filler. Or, as mentioned above, I COULD use it to get over 200ft trees, lol...if nothing else, it could go in my daughter's bag when I visit this summer...but, man, I sure love these higher-loft non-irons. They've really improved my game by eliminating iron tragedies like serious chunking or skulling. And they're easier on my bad right shoulder and left hip. They allow me to play/practice every day, and my hcap is the lowest ever right now.

You know, that 24° will be perfect on a coupla holes where I play. Yup!
    and it does say HL 7 on it, but if somebody makes a 35 or 36 hyb, let me know, lol

i did look at some hybrid irons, but the leading edge was too far out in front, and they were difficult to hit at all...

i'll find something perfect some day, lol
  • KaBoom21KaBoom21 Members Posts: 1,577 ✭✭
    You rule, bill.
    Use whatever clubs work. Scorecards don’t show how it got in the hole!
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
    the tm was incredible! no practice with it. no warm up. did a practice round today after not playing several days due to rain. 2nd shot on #1. put it right where i wanted from 150. same experience the other 4-5 times i used it. it goes straight! can put a very slight draw or fade on it, but it's basically straight from 150-160ish. was thinking i might take the 22 out of the bag, but i got behind a tree on 17 and was afraid i'd hit a house, so i took the 22, played back in stance, closed stance a bunch, closed club face, and hooked it around the tree very nicely.

really like the tm, as it fills an important ydg for me. very glad i found it!
    Best $41 golf purchase you’ll probably make all year
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,773 ✭✭

51886171.jpg

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56*, 60* DGS300
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
    Yeah, I think I got $51 when I pulled out my phone and used the calculator...but the lady said $41...I didn't ask/argue, lol...I walked outa there like the gal in the ikea commercial..."start the car! Sta r t the car!"
    Heck. Might have been $164.95. Anyway, I wasn't expecting it to perform like that! Really great club! Probably hit golf galaxy tomorrow and see if they have a used 18° in the same exact club. The shaft is actually a, ahem, ladies shaft. Reax 45 or something.
    ...and...playing yesterday...cart paths only, which I try to do anyway...there's a broken club just off the path on my right. Shaft is broken in half. It's an m2! Just like mine only 15°!!! Loft is lower than I would probably use, but it'll be worth a try. Gonna put a $41 shaft in it.
  • ironmikesironmikes Members Posts: 1,432 ✭✭
    congrats on the deal OP. enjoy the new stick !
  • sandtrapsandtrap Members Posts: 826 ✭✭
    Yeah, I think I got $51 when I pulled out my phone and used the calculator...but the lady said $41...I didn't ask/argue, lol...I walked outa there like the gal in the ikea commercial..."start the car! Sta r t the car!"

Probably had another mark down in the system and a new price tag wasn’t applied.