NFL Playoff pickem contest (18-19)

12345679»

Comments

  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    CHuntsman wrote:

    adam667220 wrote:


    Congrats on the new RB Huntsman. Not sure how many games you'll get out of him, but it'll be good while he lasts.




    I thought we had a good 1-2 punch with Chubb and Duke. Now we good a good 1-2-punch-kick... I havent heard any terms other than a 1-year deal. I imagine he'll get suspended at least 6 games, but they'll now own his rights after that. As a father of 2 girls, gonna be hard to root for that guy. Unless he rushes for 1k and 10TD's then everythings forgotten...




    I'm speculating whether they're getting a cheap, pro-bowl RB for part of the year, then potentially let him leave as a RFA and get a draft pick out of it. I assume they'd want him long term, but as good as Chubb was, it'd be hard to take the ball away from him. Seems like it could potentially do more harm than good if you mess up the team dynamics that had been doing well. Who knows. I don't condone what he did in any way, but I'm not naive to think he wasn't going to get his second chance at some point in the year. It's an entertainment industry and as much as we want them to all be "good guys" it's just not going to happen.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • PetethreeputPetethreeput Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭
    OK, I am not an NFL afficianado, but I try to follow the news.



    This signing by the Browns really digs at me. I get it, he is a supreme talent, and he was out of the league for less than a year. His issue is he punches and kicks women.

    On the other side, is a past SB quarterback who knelt in a peaceful protest for police brutality at the time of Ferguson, Trayvon Martin, and other incidences where it would not be a stretch to say the punishment (death) outweighed the crime and it could have been motivated by fear of a different race. Now, the National Anthem is not compulsory for NFL'ers, or at least it wasn't prior to Kaep's actions. In fact, the Department of Defense paid the NFL $8M to have the National Anthem televised for military awareness (if I remember correctly, this should be fact checked).



    So, as a non-fan fan of the NFL, has the league essentially said to its fans, it is OK if you hit and punch women if you are fast and strong, but you cannot have an opinion? I look back at Greg Hardy, and others (I know Ray Rice never got back into the league) and wonder what is the message. I do believe in second chances, but i am not sure an individual can turn around in 5 months. Changing one's psyche is more akin to turning around a battleship than a Yugo.



    I also know, Hunt hasn't been cleared to play by the league, but the fact the NFL permits him to be signed to a contract speaks volumes... to me anyway.



    Please tell me why i am wrong...
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 804 ✭✭


    OK, I am not an NFL afficianado, but I try to follow the news.



    This signing by the Browns really digs at me. I get it, he is a supreme talent, and he was out of the league for less than a year. His issue is he punches and kicks women.

    On the other side, is a past SB quarterback who knelt in a peaceful protest for police brutality at the time of Ferguson, Trayvon Martin, and other incidences where it would not be a stretch to say the punishment (death) outweighed the crime and it could have been motivated by fear of a different race. Now, the National Anthem is not compulsory for NFL'ers, or at least it wasn't prior to Kaep's actions. In fact, the Department of Defense paid the NFL $8M to have the National Anthem televised for military awareness (if I remember correctly, this should be fact checked).



    So, as a non-fan fan of the NFL, has the league essentially said to its fans, it is OK if you hit and punch women if you are fast and strong, but you cannot have an opinion? I look back at Greg Hardy, and others (I know Ray Rice never got back into the league) and wonder what is the message. I do believe in second chances, but i am not sure an individual can turn around in 5 months. Changing one's psyche is more akin to turning around a battleship than a Yugo.



    I also know, Hunt hasn't been cleared to play by the league, but the fact the NFL permits him to be signed to a contract speaks volumes... to me anyway.



    Please tell me why i am wrong...




    Hard to tell you you're wrong when you arent. My personal opinion is he'll get between 12-16 games. And I do believe that is fair. Zeke got suspended for 6 games with no video evidence. Until a policy is put in place where it's 1 strike and your'e out when it comes to domestic violence, it will continue to happen with these laughable suspensions. It will never happen with numbnuts as commish though.
  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,451 ✭✭
    edited Feb 14, 2019 3:28am #245


    OK, I am not an NFL afficianado, but I try to follow the news.



    This signing by the Browns really digs at me. I get it, he is a supreme talent, and he was out of the league for less than a year. His issue is he punches and kicks women.

    On the other side, is a past SB quarterback who knelt in a peaceful protest for police brutality at the time of Ferguson, Trayvon Martin, and other incidences where it would not be a stretch to say the punishment (death) outweighed the crime and it could have been motivated by fear of a different race. Now, the National Anthem is not compulsory for NFL'ers, or at least it wasn't prior to Kaep's actions. In fact, the Department of Defense paid the NFL $8M to have the National Anthem televised for military awareness (if I remember correctly, this should be fact checked).



    So, as a non-fan fan of the NFL, has the league essentially said to its fans, it is OK if you hit and punch women if you are fast and strong, but you cannot have an opinion? I look back at Greg Hardy, and others (I know Ray Rice never got back into the league) and wonder what is the message. I do believe in second chances, but i am not sure an individual can turn around in 5 months. Changing one's psyche is more akin to turning around a battleship than a Yugo.



    I also know, Hunt hasn't been cleared to play by the league, but the fact the NFL permits him to be signed to a contract speaks volumes... to me anyway.



    Please tell me why i am wrong...




    I'll tell you that ,You are Wrong Pete.......you're wrong if you don't create a story for us here involving "sleepy eye Joe" going to Denver!



    If you have the time sir that is.
    Callaway BB Fusion 9* Diamana
    Ping G25 fw 16.5 TFC 189
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM RSi 1 
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 56, and 60 both SS grind
    TM Rossa Fontana  7 cs w/SS mid 3.0 
  • PetethreeputPetethreeput Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭
    touch wrote:



    OK, I am not an NFL afficianado, but I try to follow the news.



    This signing by the Browns really digs at me. I get it, he is a supreme talent, and he was out of the league for less than a year. His issue is he punches and kicks women.

    On the other side, is a past SB quarterback who knelt in a peaceful protest for police brutality at the time of Ferguson, Trayvon Martin, and other incidences where it would not be a stretch to say the punishment (death) outweighed the crime and it could have been motivated by fear of a different race. Now, the National Anthem is not compulsory for NFL'ers, or at least it wasn't prior to Kaep's actions. In fact, the Department of Defense paid the NFL $8M to have the National Anthem televised for military awareness (if I remember correctly, this should be fact checked).



    So, as a non-fan fan of the NFL, has the league essentially said to its fans, it is OK if you hit and punch women if you are fast and strong, but you cannot have an opinion? I look back at Greg Hardy, and others (I know Ray Rice never got back into the league) and wonder what is the message. I do believe in second chances, but i am not sure an individual can turn around in 5 months. Changing one's psyche is more akin to turning around a battleship than a Yugo.



    I also know, Hunt hasn't been cleared to play by the league, but the fact the NFL permits him to be signed to a contract speaks volumes... to me anyway.



    Please tell me why i am wrong...




    I'll tell you that ,You are Wrong Pete.......you're wrong if you don't create a story for us here involving "sleepy eye Joe" going to Denver!



    If you have the time sir that is.




    I got nothing on this, we will have to see how this unfolds. Maybe I will meet him this summer during couples golf.
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    Just a reminder Huntsman.

    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • doctorodoctoro Members Posts: 181
    COMBINE WEEK!

    Overrated in my opinion. Unless you are a coach, scout or GM the average guy is not going to know what is really happening during the combine. Peter Schrager acts like a kid in a candy store which is all well and good I get it. He's basically a PR man for the whole NFL brand. The only one I trusted was Mike Mayock and he is in Oakland trying to talk some common sense into Jon Gruden. I might opt in for the receivers drills but the QB's do not interest me much, I think Murray is not going to throw. We will have to wait for Oklahoma's Pro Day. He might be a great athlete but I do not see him being an impact QB this season. He seems a bit immature. I could be wrong but he seems like the hype train has left the station and he forgot to get on board.
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,213 ✭✭
    When I was doing mock drafts for a couple or so years I was heavy into it. Enjoyed it but was seriously cutting into my recliner time. So I stopped. Plus it just got to be to much.
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    adam667220 wrote:


    Just a reminder Huntsman.





    She sounds hideous.
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    Huntsman, congrats on the Browns 2019 AFC North title.



    PIT still a mess, Ravens lost half their team in the last 24 hours, and the Bengals....are just the Bengals.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    adam667220 wrote:
    Huntsman, congrats on the Browns 2019 AFC North title.



    PIT still a mess, Ravens lost half their team in the last 24 hours, and the Bengals....are just the Bengals.


    Add some defensive guys, now OBJ (!), now talking to Earl Thomas(!). You guys are stacked for the next 3 years when it all comes crashing down due to cap issues (all too familiar with that side of Dorsey). ****.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    adam667220 wrote:

    adam667220 wrote:
    Huntsman, congrats on the Browns 2019 AFC North title.



    PIT still a mess, Ravens lost half their team in the last 24 hours, and the Bengals....are just the Bengals.


    Add some defensive guys, now OBJ (!), now talking to Earl Thomas(!). You guys are stacked for the next 3 years when it all comes crashing down due to cap issues (all too familiar with that side of Dorsey). ****.




    What a time to be alive!!
Sign In or Register to comment.