Best Headphones for the course

NC IA HackerNC IA Hacker Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
edited Jan 2, 2019 8:33pm in Golf Style and Accessories #1
I'll preface this with the fact that most of my rounds are at the crack of dawn with few folks on the course where I tend to just enjoy the quiet of the morning, but I was wondering if there are any suggestions for a good set of wireless headphones for the range?

Comments

• MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,938 ✭✭
    AirPods are still the best range, course, exercise headphone I have found and i have a bunch. The Jaybird x3 were my favs for a long time as they sound better and come with an app for great sound signature adjustments. That said, they let no noise in, and when I’m doing any of those activities I want to hear some of my surroundings. The AirPods are the most convenient, easiest to use, and pretty **** good sounding piece of tech i own.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • UnteachableUnteachable North MississippiBST Volunteer Mods Posts: 1,063 ✭✭
    +1 on the AirPods; I use both in my ears while on the range and if I play by myself I only use 1 in my ear so I can hear someone yell fore and everything else going on
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭
    Yup, love my airpods
    Yadi for President
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    Yet another vote for AirPods. They’re perfect.
  • MCCAMCCA Members Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
  • portlandportland Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭
    Airpods

You can close the thread now
    Taylormade M1 10.5*
    Callaway GBB Epic 15*
    Callaway XR 19*
    Taylormade p790 5-P,A
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Srixon Z Star
  • NC IA HackerNC IA Hacker Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
    Lol, glad there is a full alignment here. Thanks guys!
  • DrRemulakDrRemulak Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Anyone tried a pair of these AfterShokz headphones? I've been looking for something that allows me to privately listen to music without blocking out ambient sound and they look really interesting. Think I might be ordering a pair soon to give them a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G3HQ22R/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1DRSLFMYKF9A2&psc=1
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    DrRemulak wrote:

Anyone tried a pair of these AfterShokz headphones? I've been looking for something that allows me to privately listen to music without blocking out ambient sound and they look really interesting. Think I might be ordering a pair soon to give them a shot.

https://www.amazon.c...LFMYKF9A2&psc=1

I have a pair of the Plantronics BackBeat FIT Bluetooth headphones (also available on Amazon) and love them for the exact reason you mentioned. They have two benefits, to me. For one, they stay in place when I'm running or just generally being active. But more importantly, they don't sit IN your ear canal or ON your ear, so ambient/surrounding noise is not blocked out or muffled. I can still hear what I'm listening to (TourTempo, usually) and hear the crack of my club clear as day. Also, I don't hear any sound bleeding at all, so people around you won't hear what you're listening to.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • goheels11goheels11 ClubWRX Posts: 335 ClubWRX
    AirPods by far for me
  • ponti33602ponti33602 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    DrRemulak wrote:

https://www.amazon.c...LFMYKF9A2&psc=1

I use these but they can interfere with your sunglasses depending on what you where. Have airpods too but prefer these especially for golf and jogging.
    Ping ISI BeNi 3-LW
    Ping Zing 3-SW
    Ping Pal 4 BeCu (3)
    Ping Scottsdale Anser BeNi **Sold**
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Machine M10 Adjuster CU
    MannKrafted MA/66 SS **Sold**
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,573 ✭✭

I'll preface this with the fact that most of my rounds are at the crack of dawn with few folks on the course where I tend to just enjoy the quiet of the morning, but I was wondering if there are any suggestions for a good set of wireless headphones for the range?

Not to be a PITA but how do you enjoy the quiet with music playing in your ears? Would that not negate the experience?
    Cobra F8+, 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Ping G 5-GW, CFS 70 graphite R
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Flatso 1.0 grip
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,343 ✭✭
    I went with a hanging speaker, dont like headphones on course so an animal that wants breakfast cant sneak up on me.
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • DrRemulakDrRemulak Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    sheppy335 wrote:

so an animal that wants breakfast cant sneak up on me.

Where the **** are you playing golf? Sounds intense/awesome.
  • jmconnell4jmconnell4 Members Posts: 97 ✭✭
    +1 airpods. For some reason I can only wear my left one when I am on the range. The right one tends to fall out (must be a swing flaw)
  • EricWGolfEricWGolf Members Posts: 587 ✭✭
    Air Pods.

I’m no audiophile, so I’m normally pretty cheap when it comes to discretionary things like headphones, and Air Pods are not cheap. But I gotta say that if I lost them today, I would be at the Apple Store tomorrow to buy another pair. I use some inexpensive silicone “skins” on mine to make them a bit more comfortable. But I have no issues wearing them without the skins.

I’ve tried other no-name brands that have great reviews on Amazon, and they just don’t ever work as well. Cutting out, awkward controls, etc.
    TaylorMade M6 - Tensei Pro Orange 60
    TaylorMade M4 3 Wood - KuroKage 70
    TaylorMade M4 3 Hybrid - KuroKage 80
    TaylorMade P790 4-PW - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 51
    TaylorMade HiToe 56/60 - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
  • EricWGolfEricWGolf Members Posts: 587 ✭✭
    edited Jan 4, 2019 4:20pm #18
    jmconnell4 wrote:

+1 airpods. For some reason I can only wear my left one when I am on the range. The right one tends to fall out (must be a swing flaw)

I use something like these with mine. (Can’t remember if that is the exact brand.). You have to remove them to charge the AirPods, but it’s a very minor inconvenience.

Edit: https://www.amazon.com/EarBuddyz-Accessories-AirPods-Headphones-Earphones/dp/B019BREFE4
    TaylorMade M6 - Tensei Pro Orange 60
    TaylorMade M4 3 Wood - KuroKage 70
    TaylorMade M4 3 Hybrid - KuroKage 80
    TaylorMade P790 4-PW - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 51
    TaylorMade HiToe 56/60 - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭
    edited Jan 5, 2019 3:58pm #19
    rgk5 wrote:

Not to be a PITA but how do you enjoy the quiet with music playing in your ears? Would that not negate the experience?

Second part of the question says it's for the range. OP enjoys the silence during his rounds
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Chef OttoChef Otto I Surf Snow & Putt For Dough Members Posts: 667 ✭✭
    edited Jan 4, 2019 7:00pm #20
    Air Pods are spendy and easy to loose. I like these not totally wireless but bluetooth and the ends are magnetic so when not using they hang around your neck. Work perfect for me on the range, course, working out, Mt. biking, traveling, shopping.

https://www.amazon.c...ooth headphones
    Callaway Rouge 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 44.5"
    Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
    PING G410 Crossover 2i Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    PING i500 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 Black 54f - 58k
    Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 33"
  • wldchld22wldchld22 Members Posts: 3,334 ✭✭
    So I had the first gen of these. The range is great because I could hit with my phone in a cart across the fairway.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-cm-revjams-active-pro-sports-bundle-bluetooth-earbuds-with-matching-running-belt?utm_campaign=UserReferral_mih&utm_source=undefined

For $15 they are decent. Comfortable for my ear at least and won’t fall out.
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,573 ✭✭

rgk5 wrote:

Second part of the question says its's for the range. OP enjoys the silence during his rounds

Missed that second part.
    Cobra F8+, 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Ping G 5-GW, CFS 70 graphite R
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Flatso 1.0 grip
    rgk5 wrote:

rgk5 wrote:

Second part of the question says its's for the range. OP enjoys the silence during his rounds

Missed that second part.

This. No worries!
    Chef Otto wrote:

Air Pods are spendy and easy to loose. I like these not totally wireless but bluetooth and the ends are magnetic so when not using they hang around your neck. Work perfect for me on the range, course, working out, Mt. biking, traveling, shopping.

[url="https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-TaoTronics-TT-BH07-Waterproof/dp/B07C77M3HL/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1546646111&sr=8-14&keywords=bluetooth+headphones"]https://www.amazon.c...ooth headphones[/url]

Thanks Chef! Opted to go with these.
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,657 ✭✭

Chef Otto wrote:

[url="https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-TaoTronics-TT-BH07-Waterproof/dp/B07C77M3HL/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1546646111&sr=8-14&keywords=bluetooth+headphones"]https://www.amazon.c...ooth headphones[/url]

Thanks Chef! Opted to go with these.

Didn’t realize how expensive AirPods are. With the rate that I seem to lose/break headphones I’ll also head in this direction.

Thanks to the Chef.
    Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,343 ✭✭
    DrRemulak wrote:
    sheppy335 wrote:

so an animal that wants breakfast cant sneak up on me.

Where the **** are you playing golf? Sounds intense/awesome.

South west pa, but we have bears and foxes and coyotes. The deer are the scariest lol.
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • soregongolfersoregongolfer Members Posts: 1,296 ✭✭
    jmconnell4 wrote:

Me too. Same ear.
  • ChrisO72ChrisO72 Members Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Try these

https://gizmodo.com/im-amazed-by-how-much-i-love-these-earbuds-1827666243

Great sound

Bluetooth connection a snap

Solid fit for a range of ear sizes

Water resistant

Small

Good for phone calls

Don't fall out running

Less than airpods I think