We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Chamblee: Every player should leave flagstick in

1234568»

Comments

• larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MI 11555WRX Points: 455Members Posts: 11,555
    Here's what I don't get, and I think the answer is "pga tour players are more superstitious than logical".

Why would guys putt with the pin in when on the green, when most of them last year would putt with the pin OUT when on the fringe or just off the green?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • davep043davep043  4122WRX Points: 1,320Members Posts: 4,122
    larrybud wrote:

Here's what I don't get, and I think the answer is "pga tour players are more superstitious than logical".

Why would guys putt with the pin in when on the green, when most of them last year would putt with the pin OUT when on the fringe or just off the green?

They do it because they were taught to do it that way, because Jack or Gary or Arnold did it that way, or maybe Greg or Fred. Maybe its superstition, maybe its simply resistance to change.
    Posted:
  • larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MI 11555WRX Points: 455Members Posts: 11,555
    But an advantage is an advantage. NOW they finally think it's an advantage? Makes no sense.

I think what we'll see is that about 3 months in, Mark Broadie will be release a Strokes Gained stat for pin in and pin out, and pros will go by that.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.