My 15 yo son has a new coach.

And I am very excited. I really like this guy. Justin Roundtree. Head pro at Eagle Lakes in Naples. Not the most prestigious club to be sure but we enjoy the layout and the staff is like family. Justin is young and energetic, he has worked (with / for) the best golf schools in Naples and I like his style. Remember, my son is a teenager. At first meeting Justin told him to load his bag on a cart where his sticks were already fastened and they headed to the first tee. Not the practice tee. I got a :"see ya later, be back in about an hour an a half." and they were gone. He wanted to see the boys' whole game and develop a plan from there. I like different and to me.. this is very different.

Wish us luck and Ill let you know after the first week or so how it goes. Aside from 30 minutes with Monte last year (priceless), He hasn't had any instruction in a long time.

John
Turn over damnit!
Krank 9* Formula 5 UST Tour
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
Betti-1
K-sig

Comments

• TPG1971TPG1971 Don't Get Rolled Members Posts: 959 ✭✭
    I am headed down to Naples to play this month. I will take a look at that place. Always happy to give good folks business.
    PING G30 9.5 Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 63 Stiff
    Titleist 917F 16.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
    PING G410 19* Hybrid Mitsubishi CK Pro Blue 80 Stiff
    PING I200 4-PW Red Dot AWT 2.0 R Hard Stepped once
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Red Dot AWT Wedge Flex
    RTX-3 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
    Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
    Cameron 009 A012056
  • BaitkillerBaitkiller Members Posts: 1,713 ✭✭
    leezer99 wrote:

I love that he took him to the first tee and ditched you. Pro move right there.

Could not agree more.
    Turn over damnit!
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Betti-1
    K-sig
    TPG1971 wrote:

I am headed down to Naples to play this month. I will take a look at that place. Always happy to give good folks business.

It aint Tiburon but its affordable and will kick your butt if the wind is up at all. They kinda lost the fairways but keep it mowed short., greens are usually in very good shape, bunkers are hit and miss. There is water on every single hole in play. DO NOT MISS LEFT. If your miss is left, bring extra balls. LOL.

But seriously if you give me a bit of notice I may be able to show you around if you like. As long as you don't mind playing a chop 14.

John
    Turn over damnit!
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • Tannerbug33Tannerbug33 Members Posts: 125 ✭✭
    We are headed to sarasota 1st week of April. Going to play A FJT event. May try to fit that one in our schedule.

We have water on every hole in Georgia here lately. No carts with I had an airboat with all the rain.

We got out and played 2 days ago and it was crazy packed. Only played 9 before it started raining yet again😤
    edited Jan 4, 2019 2:33pm #6
    Good grief. Need some foot joy waders.
    Turn over damnit!
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • BertGABertGA Members Posts: 277 ✭✭

We are headed to sarasota 1st week of April. Going to play A FJT event. May try to fit that one in our schedule.

We have water on every hole in Georgia here lately. No carts with I had an airboat with all the rain.

We got out and played 2 days ago and it was crazy packed. Only played 9 before it started raining yet again😤

Amen. Trying to get my daughter out now, looks like we missed the only two hours of sunshine this week.
  • GolfSRQGolfSRQ Members Posts: 45 ✭✭

At heritage oaks, that’s a pretty good course. My son and a few of his teamates will probably be in that tournament. That was one of their home courses for the hs team
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,063 ✭✭
    GolfSRQ wrote:

We got out and played 2 days ago and it was crazy packed. Only played 9 before it started raining yet again�

At heritage oaks, that’s a pretty good course. My son and a few of his teamates will probably be in that tournament. That was one of their home courses for the hs team

That tourney is for 9-12 year olds.
  • GolfSRQGolfSRQ Members Posts: 45 ✭✭

GolfSRQ wrote:

We got out and played 2 days ago and it was crazy packed. Only played 9 before it started raining yet again�

13-15
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,063 ✭✭
    GolfSRQ wrote:

GolfSRQ wrote:

13-15

The tournament he is referring to is the first week of April which is for 9-12 year olds.
  • Tannerbug33Tannerbug33 Members Posts: 125 ✭✭

GolfSRQ wrote:

GolfSRQ wrote:

13-15

The tournament he is referring to is the first week of April which is for 9-12 year olds.

We are playing at Myakka pines. We still a little young. In the 9-10 age
    Good. Its real good.
    Turn over damnit!
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Betti-1
    K-sig