Costco $99 UA/Sun Mountain deal is back (NO BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS)

Comments

• Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,277 ✭✭
    Ordered mine this morning, scheduled to be here Wednesday.

I’m a Costco fan.
  • ewe8523ewe8523 Members Posts: 312 ✭✭
    Picked one up as well.
  • a-Ba-B Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Also received my shipping information last night, scheduled to arrive Thursday.
  • QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Hate this forum - in for the 14 way stand bag (only wish it came in black).
    Cobra F9 9* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX (44.5")
    Ping G400 3W Stretch @ 12.4* w/ Ping Tour 75X (43")
    Cobra F8+ 4-5W @ 16* w/ Stock NV Green S-flex (42")
    Cobra F7 2-3h @ 19* w/ VA Composites Raijin 84 hybrid four
    Srixon U65 23* w/ Matrix Black Tie HM3 Stiff
    Srixon Z565 6-PW & Z765 AW w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S-flex
    Callaway MD PM-Grind 56* & 60*
    Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 Arm Lock
  • PetervdgPetervdg Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

Unfortunate Canadian Costco site does not have this deal...sigh

I'm in Toronto as well and i ordered from the Costco USA site and have it mailed to my post box in Niagara Falls NY.

Shipping info says it will be there tomorrow. Pay a small handling fee and some tax and they deliver it to Markham. Easy

This was too good a deal to pass up!
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,462 ✭✭
    Wish there were more colorways for the 14-way stand...might still need to pull the trigger on one.
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭
    Krt22 wrote:

Wish there were more colorways for the 14-way stand...might still need to pull the trigger on one.

Yep...me too!

That's why I ended up going with the regular Storm Match Play...like the color offerings better...otherwise definitley wouldve preferred the 14 way!
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,248 ✭✭
    so what's so special about this bag? other than the cheap price.
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,462 ✭✭
    Basically Sun Mountain bags for about half the price
  • Travis014Travis014 Addict Members Posts: 314 ✭✭
    For people that have purchased one - How long did it take to receive shipping confirmation?
  • dcl5dcl5dcl5dcl5 Members Posts: 231 ✭✭
    Travis014 wrote:

For people that have purchased one - How long did it take to receive shipping confirmation?

I ordered a cart bag on Sunday and still haven't got shipping confirmation. Last time this happened, I ended up getting the wrong color. Hope that doesn't happen again.
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,277 ✭✭
    I ordered mine Monday morning, I had a shipping confirmation within 2 hours.

It's out for delivery today.
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭
    Travis014 wrote:

Took 2 or 3 days before I recieved a shipping email.
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

I think its a better bag overall. I am comparing the SM Four 5 to the 14 Way UA. I've owned the SM and always moved on from it quickly. The UA has better material, better straps and the 14 way top is better and arranged better. It is a heavier bag but I have felt SM has cut corners the past couple of years in the name of weight.
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,909 ClubWRX
    awtryau89 wrote:
    larciel wrote:

I think its a better bag overall. I am comparing the SM Four 5 to the 14 Way UA. I've owned the SM and always moved on from it quickly. The UA has better material, better straps and the 14 way top is better and arranged better. It is a heavier bag but I have felt SM has cut corners the past couple of years in the name of weight.

I agree. As stated before, I think the UA bags are more substantial, higher quality SM bags basically. And I think SM bags are some of the best out there, as I use them pretty regularly. I sell both SM and UA bags, and side by side (comparable models) the UA bags just seem a step above the SM bags even though they are both made by the same company.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • ewe8523ewe8523 Members Posts: 312 ✭✭
    I ordered on Monday and got delivery confirmation on Tuesday, but the package isn’t scheduled to arrive until next Tuesday.
  • fsutankerfsutanker Members Posts: 301 ✭✭
    Just got my UA Match Storm bag yesterday. Got the red, white, blue color scheme.

Upgrading from a relatively new Sun Mountain 4.5 bag, not a needed upgrade but I can’t pass up a deal.

Pros of the UA over the Sun Mountain 4.5 (which is a great bag):

Front pocket with a padded protector and range finder sleeve.

Top right fleece lined valuables pocket with a separate sleeve that seems perfect for a phone.

About two more pockets than SM 4.5

Better bottle holder setup

Legs seem more stable and tactile. The SM 4.5 legs would slide out on my epoxy garage floor or tile floor. The UA legs are very stable and grab the slick surfaces nicely.

Cart strap sleeve/tunnel in the UA that is not on the SM.

Only con initially would be that the SM 4.5 shoulder straps seem more padded.

Assessment: didn’t need to upgrade, but glad I did. Additional features to make it worth while, and that’s coming from a relatively new SM bag. If you have an older bag, it’s a no brainer at $99 and free delivered in 4-5 days.
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,718 ✭✭
    fsutanker wrote:

Just got my UA Match Storm bag yesterday. Got the red, white, blue color scheme.

Upgrading from a relatively new Sun Mountain 4.5 bag, not a needed upgrade but I can't pass up a deal.

Top right fleece lined valuables pocket with a separate sleeve that seems perfect for a phone.

Legs seem more stable and tactile. The SM 4.5 legs would slide out on my epoxy garage floor or tile floor. The UA legs are very stable and grab the slick surfaces nicely.

Assessment: didn't need to upgrade, but glad I did. Additional features to make it worth while, and that's coming from a relatively new SM bag. If you have an older bag, it's a no brainer at $99 and free delivered in 4-5 days.

Does the 2019 Sun Mtn 4.5 not have a cart strap pass through? Pretty sure the models prior to 2019 did. Interesting that they'd drop that on a bag that is fairly heavy anyways.
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    TaylorMade TP Soto

• fsutankerfsutanker Members Posts: 301 ✭✭
    brew4eagle wrote:

fsutanker wrote:

Upgrading from a relatively new Sun Mountain 4.5 bag, not a needed upgrade but I can't pass up a deal.

Assessment: didn't need to upgrade, but glad I did. Additional features to make it worth while, and that's coming from a relatively new SM bag. If you have an older bag, it's a no brainer at $99 and free delivered in 4-5 days.

Does the 2019 Sun Mtn 4.5 not have a cart strap pass through? Pretty sure the models prior to 2019 did. Interesting that they'd drop that on a bag that is fairly heavy anyways.

Apologies, it’s actually a ThreeFive. Probably 2017ish. No cart strap slot.
  • DFinchDFinch Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    Ordered Sunday, arrived Tuesday (a day earlier than original tracking).
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Evenflow White / Cobra F6 3W 14.5* / Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* / Maltby TS2 DG105 X100 / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Evnroll ER8 Gravity Grip / Snell MTB X
  • jacksongp22jacksongp22 Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    Received my 14 way bag today, very happy with it! Have to agree with pretty much everything fsutanker said. I have a 2018 4.5 bag. I like the pockets a lot better. The shoulder straps def aren't as padded but I mostly ride so no biggie. Overall very happy for the price.
  • haakzillahaakzilla Haakzilla Members Posts: 379 ✭✭
    edited Jan 9, 2019 4:50pm #53

Received my 14 way bag today, very happy with it! Have to agree with pretty much everything fsutanker said. I have a 2018 4.5 bag. I like the pockets a lot better. The shoulder straps def aren't as padded but I mostly ride so no biggie. Overall very happy for the price.

...nice! Any chance you could post a pic with all of your clubs in it -- trying to get an idea of how all the irons hang when full?
    DRIVER: Ping G400 LST 8.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70tx
    WOOD: Titleist 910Fd 15° Diamana D+ LTD 80x
    UTILITY: Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i 19° Steelfiber i110
    IRONS: Srixon z945 4-PW Steelfiber i110
    WEDGES: Edel DVR 50°/54°/58° Steelfiber i125
    PUTTER(S): TP Mills Forged Huey / Bettinardi Queen B QB5 / Studio Select Squareback No.2
    Sponsored by Central Oregon Golf
  • stealthrt91stealthrt91 Members Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    ONLY con so far for my cart bag is the slot for the umbrella is super tight (need to muscle is down in there) but that could be because I have a 68" double canopy umbrella... image/smilie_tm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smilie_tm:' />

Other than that, the material/construction seems much nicer than my previous SM bags (SLX and 4.5).
    M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
    M6 Rocket 14* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    M6 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    P790 (4-GW) - DG105
    Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
    Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
    haakzilla wrote:

...nice! Any chance you could post a pic with all of your clubs in it -- trying to get an idea of how all the irons hang when full?

• stealthrt91stealthrt91 Members Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    haakzilla wrote:

2 iron... Boss
    M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
    M6 Rocket 14* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    M6 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    P790 (4-GW) - DG105
    Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
    Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
    Haha that club is my saving grace. The only way it's coming out if my bag is if it breaks.
  • LPSISCOLPSISCO Members Posts: 353 ✭✭
    I bought the 14 way stand also. Since I have a red ClicGear, it will be perfect. I’m finally replacing an old Ogio bag that was falling apart ��
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,248 ✭✭
    ****. just bought one.

so this 14 way bag will not continue to sell at this price. correct?
  • linkerpanlinkerpan ClubWRX Posts: 1,426 ✭✭
    There is no way sun mountain will keep manufacturing it to be sold under $100.
    Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
    Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow, Accra 300F
    M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
    M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
    P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
    Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
    Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
    Snell MTB balls
    Bushnell V2 range finder
    Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
    UA Storm Stand bag

WITB Link