TPC Myrtle Beach

Will be playing it for the first time in late March with my buddies on our annual golf trip. For anyone that’s played it, could you please comment with your personal rating for the course, 1-10, 1 being crap, 10 being epic, no need to add descriptive comments on it, just your rating would be appreciated. Thanks guys and hit ‘em straight.

Comments

• krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Works Red #1W S
  • herdmanherdman Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited Jan 5, 2019 9:34pm #3
    I would give it a 7
  • CheckJVCheckJV Male Model Members Posts: 2,104 ✭✭
  • tjbluetjblue Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    I'd give it a 7.5

For reference.....Tidewater my favorite MB course would get a 9.5
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited Jan 6, 2019 10:47am #8
    I would say a 7 / 7.5 Caledonia is my favorite course in the are and it seems in March that Caledonia might be the same price ??
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,343 ✭✭
    I give it an 8. Always in nice to great condition and friendly staff.
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • defnotaprodefnotapro Members Posts: 542 ✭✭
    Just played it yesterday. Would give it a 7.5. Better conditioned than the courses at Barefoot.
    TravelingGolfSticks.com
  • imafishermnimafishermn Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    You won't be disappointed, definitely one of the top courses in Myrtle Beach. I'd give it a 7.5-8. In true TPC fashion, you have to golf your ball! Caledonia is the best course down there (haven't played The Dunes) and I'd give that a 9.
    Epic SZ 9* Kuro Kage XD 70TX
    TP Aeroburner 13* 3W
    Callaway Rogue 2H
    Apex CF16 4-AW with Aerotech i110
    Vokey SM7 56-14
    Scotty Newport 2
    ProV1 high numbers
  • nutmegchoinutmegchoi Members Posts: 25
    I played last September riding golfboard.

Don’t ride it when it’s too hot and sunny.

You get no break.

TM M2 Driver
    TM M4 3 Wood
    Ping G400 hybrids
    PXG 3011 XF Irons
    Vokey 50/56/60
    Scotty Cameron Coronado
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members Posts: 926 ✭✭
    8 - with 2 alligators on 2 nd tee
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • cbbaroncbbaron Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    edited Jan 7, 2019 8:25pm #15
    8 saw an alligator behind me in bunker on five
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
    It is in my top 10 in the myrtle beach area. When it is in good shape it is really good. last year they lost their greens because of winter kill. But, from what I hear they are back now.
  • defnotaprodefnotapro Members Posts: 542 ✭✭
    herdman wrote:
    It is in my top 10 in the myrtle beach area. When it is in good shape it is really good. last year they lost their greens because of winter kill. But, from what I hear they are back now.

Played Saturday and definitely couldn’t tell they had lost the greens. They were in great shape.
    TravelingGolfSticks.com
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,015 ✭✭
  • dslatt33dslatt33 Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Agree with most I would give it a 7.5 or 8. Not as good as Tidewater which is my favorite. And in my opinion better then Grande Dunes, Glen Dornoch and Thistle. I was pleasantly surprised by TPC and would play again.

Worst part of TPC was the drive from N. Myrtle Beach, its a hike.
  • Tim GavrichTim Gavrich Golf Travel Guru Featured Writer Posts: 191 ✭✭
    Whatever number it's been given historically, it's probably bumped up a quarter or half point in the last year. Led by superintendent Clay duBose, TPC has done a nice job decreasing the square footage of bunkers on the course while also shallowing them out a good deal. Overall it should make the course more playable. I liked the look of the old bunkering but there were several places where you could just be completely dead. Now everyone's got a fighting chance from the sand.
    Senior Writer, Golf Advisor

TM M3 10.5* - UST V2
    Srixon Z F65 15* & 19*
    TM V-Steel 21*
    Titleist 710 MB 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-3 52* and 58*
    Evnroll ER5 (370g)
    edited Jan 9, 2019 7:19pm #21
    dslatt33 wrote:

Agree with most I would give it a 7.5 or 8. Not as good as Tidewater which is my favorite. And in my opinion better then Grande Dunes, Glen Dornoch and Thistle. I was pleasantly surprised by TPC and would play again.

Many of the best courses are down in the Southern end. TPC, True Blue, Caledonia, Pretwick and Heritage. Plus some ofther good ones. But, those 5 are arguably top 10 Grandstand material. Also Pawleys Plantation is up there for some people. Throw in River Club, Tradition, Willbrook, Wachesaw East, and a few others and it can be argued the south end has the top golf in the area. Woth the drive from NMB. Plus, we have Murrells Inlet for the dining and entertainment pleasure. image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • dslatt33dslatt33 Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Yea I agree there are a bunch of courses I still haven't played down in that area with Caledonia being at the top of my list. I've only been down to Myrtle on vacation with the family so my time is limited. I've tried to play the top area courses around where we stay so when I did play TPC the drive to get there was more noticeable then say Tidewater or courses heading north when you factor in distance and afternoon traffic.
  • vagolfnutvagolfnut ClubWRX Posts: 120 ✭✭
    8.5. Great track and short game better be on.
  • UncleJohn’sBandUncleJohn’sBand Members Posts: 976 ✭✭
    herdman wrote:

dslatt33 wrote:

Many of the best courses are down in the Southern end. TPC, True Blue, Caledonia, Pretwick and Heritage. Plus some ofther good ones. But, those 5 are arguably top 10 Grandstand material. Also Pawleys Plantation is up there for some people. Throw in River Club, Tradition, Willbrook, Wachesaw East, and a few others and it can be argued the south end has the top golf in the area. Woth the drive from NMB. Plus, we have Murrells Inlet for the dining and entertainment pleasure. image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

And Debordieu. By god don’t forget Debordieu.
    Titleist 915 D3 Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
    Titleist 910 F Rombax W
    Titleist 913hd Matrix Altus
    Titleist 714 CB/MB 4-Pw PjX 6.5
    Tour issue 52, 56 60 Vokey 200 SM4
    Odyssey Versa no. 7
    dslatt33 wrote:

Yea I agree there are a bunch of courses I still haven't played down in that area with Caledonia being at the top of my list. I've only been down to Myrtle on vacation with the family so my time is limited. I've tried to play the top area courses around where we stay so when I did play TPC the drive to get there was more noticeable then say Tidewater or courses heading north when you factor in distance and afternoon traffic.

definitely a haul in traffic from NMB.

JackStraw2 wrote:

herdman wrote:

dslatt33 wrote:

And Debordieu. By god don't forget Debordieu.

Never have had a chance to play it.
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    herdman wrote:

dslatt33 wrote:

definitely a haul in traffic from NMB.

JackStraw2 wrote:

herdman wrote:

dslatt33 wrote:

And Debordieu. By god don't forget Debordieu.

Never have had a chance to play it.

https://www.debordieuclub.com/
    edited Jan 10, 2019 10:13pm #27
    Oh yehhh, I know right where it is. Would love to, but have never tried to get on. Private.
  • jc2jc2 Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I've played there a couple times during trips to the south side of MB. It's in my top 10 easily, and the conditions have steadily gotten better over the past 5 years since my first visit. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating, and the course has great practice facilities. If you have a match that comes down to the last hole, 18 is a fantastic one to find the better golfer.

I give it an 8
    #9 at TPC is one of the hardest par 4's known to the average man.
  • krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    herdman wrote:

#9 at TPC is one of the hardest par 4's known to the average man.

Yes it is. I have played it probably a half dozen times and finally parred it last time I played. It was a tap in par after a nice lag putt!
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Works Red #1W S