Did Ping re-release the OG Anser 2 and Zing putters?

th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,142 ✭✭
Just came back from the local PGA Tour SS and saw what looked to be a some brand new OG(not the Karsten 1966) stainless Anser 2 putters, smooth face finish and all along with the OG Zings in MnBr. Did they re-release these or were they just a special order from PGATSS?

Comments

• mjbfybmjbfyb Members Posts: 264 ✭✭
    edited Jan 5, 2019 9:22pm #2
    I don’t think they ever stopped making them. You can order those models and others from Morton Golf’s website. I’m guessing any Ping account could order them.
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,142 ✭✭
    mjbfyb wrote:

I don’t think they ever stopped making them. You can order those models and others from Morton Golf’s website. I’m guessing any Ping account could order them.

That’s kinda what I thought, but never seen them actually sitting in stock in a shop. Any idea if they increased the head weight at all? Because I still have an old stainless Anser at home(I think from the early 90’s) and it seemed a to have a slightly lighter feeling SW. It still have the original pp58 on it slick as all get out and the new one in the shop also had the pp58, albeit new, so it seems like an apples to apples comparison.
  • T-3T-3 Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Interesting. I didn’t know these were still sold new. Also wondering what the headweights are?
  • MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,378 ✭✭
    I have a Zing 2 that I love. Very light weight, but I’ve added weight plugs in the sole to bring it up to 335g. Can show pictures when I get home in a few days.
  • MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,378 ✭✭
    Morton’s has all of them listed on their website.
  • kfurnokfurno kfurno Members Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I believe these are the same weight as the originals, 300-310g from what I understand. How I wish they were 330-340g!
    Taylormade 2016 M1 HZRDUS Black
    Nike Covert Tour 3wd
    Adams Red Hybrid 18 degrees
    Mizuno MP-18SC (4-7) MB (8-PW) KBS C-Taper 120
    Vokey 52,56,60
    Kingston KP2 GSS
  • g-offg-off Members Posts: 338 ✭✭
    was wondering the same saw them at pgass myrtle beach
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap