Balls similar to Titleist AVX

2»

Comments

• wfrogge1wfrogge1 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭
    cargo8 wrote:

Is the 2019 ProV supposed to really be different? I thought most reviews of the protos were very similar to last years.

The AVX will probably have all the same relative differences as if you were to compare now, it is truly a very different ball to the ProVs. Much lower spinning on all shots, excellent wind ball.

I am in the middle of trying the 2019 ProV1 and finding it lower spinning than the 2017 ProV and a little bit lower launch but not much lower. Peak height between the V1x and V are about the same where the AVX to me is noticeably lower. Until I test the 2019 TP5 line the 2019 ProV will be my ball of choice this year as it sits firmly between the AVX and the V1X
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭
    ERC SOFT...

• deepreddeepred Members Posts: 219 ✭✭

By the numbers the Wilson Duo Pro is closer to the AVX than anything else I’ve seen compared.

Wilson Staff M3 4-GW
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    Wilson Fybrid 15*
    KE4 5 wood
    Maltby SW54, black
    Snake Eyes SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ram Zebra deep face, black
  • AbelvisAbelvis Members Posts: 34 ✭✭

Pearlgolf Pure soft

[font=Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif]Driver: taylormade.png RBZ TP
    Woods: taylormade.png RBZ stage 2 TP Wood (15 degree)
    Hybrid: taylormade.png RBZ 4 (22 degree)
    Irons: titleist.png 718 AP 1 (5- 53 degree)
    Wedges: cleveland.png 56 & 60 Degree
    Putter: odyssey.png Versa #7
    Ball: Pearl Pure Pro
    [/font]

[font=Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif]gamegolf.png[/font]
  • cxxcxx Members Posts: 3,059 ✭✭

@Break81 said:
    Most won't agree but I found the AVX similar to the K3.

I even cut them both open and layer thickness etc was about the same.

Also you can buy the Japan version (prestige) I believe for a lot cheaper. I also posted pics of the covers up close and the dimple pattern is identical. You can usually get them on RBG

Count me as one who disagrees. The K3 is gets more spin than just about any ball. AVX definitely lowers spin for me.

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,299 ✭✭
    edited Mar 25, 2019 6:59pm #37

@ SwooshLT said:
    ERC SOFT...

I've recently tried the ERC Soft vs. my gamer AVX. Wanted to finish up my testing before the 4 for 3 price of the Titleist balls disappear. LOL (Not quite done yet though).

Hard to tell due to environmental differences but the ERC appears to be slightly longer off the driver. Very hard to tell.

Distance off the irons is very close as well but I find the AVX stops just a bit better on full short iron shots.

Chipping and putting - the ERC is definitely firmer feeling and clickier. I feel the ERC runs out a bit more than the AVC and is a fair bit more lively off the putter.
    Note - "a fair bit" in this context isn't all that much. Say a 10 footer with an ERC equates to about 9.5 feet with the AVX. Nothing too drastic but if you're very sensitive to putter distance that could be an issue.

I'd say this biggest difference between these 2 balls is the feel. AVX is definitely softer. ERC firmer and clickier. Other than that I see little to choose from.

Hope this helps. 👍🏻

ANY SITE GUIDANCE I OFFER, UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, IS REFERRING TO THE "DESKTOP/FULL" VERSION

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP-1, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64 DGS300

Taylormade Spidex-X Blue/single white line (Today - always subject to change)
    Titleist AVX
  • kiw1982kiw1982 Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭

@Break81 said:
    Most won't agree but I found the AVX similar to the K3.

I even cut them both open and layer thickness etc was about the same.

Also you can buy the Japan version (prestige) I believe for a lot cheaper. I also posted pics of the covers up close and the dimple pattern is identical. You can usually get them on RBG

K3 is one of the most spinning balls.
    The key factor of avx is low spin.

Mizuno        ST-180 Driver w/KuroKage HBP 50 S+
    Taylormade  M6 3 Wood w/NV 2KXV Blue 75 S+
    Mizuno        CLK 3 Hybrid w/Tensei CK Blue HY 80 S+(P790 UDI is sitting on the bench)
    Taylormade  P790 4-G Irons w/KBS tour S+
    Mizuno        T7 56/10 Wedge w/KBS tour S+
    Mizuno        S18 60/06 Wedge w/KBS tour S+
    Odyssey      O-Works 1WS Putter
  • deepreddeepred Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    edited Mar 30, 2019 4:09pm #39

According to this chart, the Pinnacle Soft looks very close.

Oops, mistook 32 for 33

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/spin-zone-hot-list-ball-spin-chart-shows-more-spin-at-lower-prices

Post edited by deepred on
    Wilson Staff M3 4-GW
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    Wilson Fybrid 15*
    KE4 5 wood
    Maltby SW54, black
    Snake Eyes SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ram Zebra deep face, black
  • The Real PacmanThe Real Pacman Members Posts: 77 ✭✭

The Chromesoft has performed very similar to the AVX in my experience.

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,299 ✭✭

@The Real Pacman said:
    The Chromesoft has performed very similar to the AVX in my experience.

Somewhat true but the AVX is longer.

ANY SITE GUIDANCE I OFFER, UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, IS REFERRING TO THE "DESKTOP/FULL" VERSION

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP-1, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64 DGS300

Taylormade Spidex-X Blue/single white line (Today - always subject to change)
    Titleist AVX
  • cxxcxx Members Posts: 3,059 ✭✭

The thing that shocked me is that the AVX went further off the driver. May be because my swing speed is sub 100, but it makes a big difference having one less club into the green. The other thing that is puzzling is that iron shots spin less and flight lower. Mostly I see balls that spin less launch higher.

2»