Best swing analyzer

What’s the best swing analyzer on the market? Looking to take my practice sessions to the next level and would love some instant feedback. I’ve been looking at zepp, blast, garmin, etc but have no experience with any of them. What’s your favorite?

Comments

• DaveMacDaveMac Members Posts: 3,113 ✭✭
    Skypro is my favourite because of groove mode. In case you don’t know with groove mode you can practice a swing move (length of backswing for example) to a very tight tolerance window and get instant feedback if you were or were not successful.
  • mikpgamikpga www.mikedeitersgolf.com Members Posts: 7,367 ✭✭
    A knowledgeable coach...
  • CardsChamps11CardsChamps11 Members Posts: 486 ✭✭
    mikpga wrote:
    A knowledgeable coach...

Very true but I’m talking more for practice. Getting feedback so you can get to the places the knowledgeable coach would like you to
  • carreracarrera Members Posts: 2,548 ✭✭
    What part of your swing are you working on? As noted above, the SkyPro is great at many "macro" things, like length of backswing, club direction at the top (across the line or laid off)...that sort of thing. For "micro" adjustments, like clubface angles on the downswing, it can be good, but is subject to proper (perfect or near-perfect) clubface alignment at address.
    Cobra F9 Tour Length - Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
    Cobra F9 14.5 - Atmos Blue Stiff
    Callaway Epic Hybrid - Recoil 780 stiff
    Cobra King 3/4 Utility - Recoil 780 Smacwrap F4
    Cobra King Forged TEC Black - Recoil 95 F4 5-PW
    Cobra King Black wedges 54/58 versatile grinds - Recoil 110 F4
    Odyssey 2Ball
    TM TP5X
    carrera wrote:
    What part of your swing are you working on? As noted above, the SkyPro is great at many "macro" things, like length of backswing, club direction at the top (across the line or laid off)...that sort of thing. For "micro" adjustments, like clubface angles on the downswing, it can be good, but is subject to proper (perfect or near-perfect) clubface alignment at address.

I guess a little of everything. Right now I need to fix the across the line position. It’s causing me to come from the inside so massively. Sounds like the SkyPro is the best for that?
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,095 ✭✭
    edited Jan 9, 2019 9:04am #7
    The best by far will be Flightscope, TM, or Foresight HMT/GCQuad. But few have (or want to spend) the money for those.

I can't say I've tried them all - but I have tried several of the lower cost units that mount onto the club or wrist/hand (SwingSmart, SwingByte, garmin etc...) - and I found all of them pretty much useless and a waste of money for face and/or path data. I was better off working with video and watching the ball flight.
  • crapulacrapula Golf! Members Posts: 1,783 ✭✭
    I tried zepp and hated it. None of the other ones you mention seem much better.

You'd be better off doing an online or in person lesson.
    Srixon Z 785 9.5 Project X HC HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    Srixon Z F85 13.5 Project X HC HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    Srixon Z H85 16 Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
    Srixon Z 785 3-PW KBS Tour 120 S
    Cleveland RTX-3 52, 58 KBS Tour 120 S
    Odyssey Toulon Memphis Stroke Lab
    Srixon Yellow ZStar XV
  • ferrispgmferrispgm Members Posts: 1,907 ✭✭
    I think the swing analyzers aren't really worth it.....I would do 2 things. Get a lesson or two each year from a good coach....and get the mirror vision app to use with an ipad/iphone. Work on whatever the coach is telling you for 3-6 months and get a follow up lesson and do it again. The app helps you to monitor what you are doing and will show you that a crazy FEELING move really doesn't LOOK that crazy which in turn should help you implement the changes a little quicker.
    Driver: Callaway Epic 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD M9003
    FWY: Taylormade Rocketballz Tp 14.5*
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18*
    Irons: Srixon Z765 3-5 iron, z965 6-PW, Project X
    54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
    58*: Cleveland CG14 1 dot
    Putter: Taylormade Daytona Rossa with agsi.
    ferrispgm wrote:

I think the swing analyzers aren't really worth it.....I would do 2 things. Get a lesson or two each year from a good coach....and get the mirror vision app to use with an ipad/iphone. Work on whatever the coach is telling you for 3-6 months and get a follow up lesson and do it again. The app helps you to monitor what you are doing and will show you that a crazy FEELING move really doesn't LOOK that crazy which in turn should help you implement the changes a little quicker.

I did buy the swing vision app. It is really good. The only thing that frustrates me a little about it is that it needs wifi which I do not get on the range. I try to make my phone a hotspot but that doesn't seem to work either. So I mainly use it at home since I can't get it to work on the range.
  • PJ72PJ72 Members Posts: 1,924 ✭✭
    Zepp 1 seems pretty good, from the 10-12 swings i took with it.

Swing Byte is absolute garbage. There was some decent feedback from putting though, but not that reliable.
  • enormous13enormous13 Members Posts: 38 ✭✭

ferrispgm wrote:

I did buy the swing vision app. It is really good. The only thing that frustrates me a little about it is that it needs wifi which I do not get on the range. I try to make my phone a hotspot but that doesn't seem to work either. So I mainly use it at home since I can't get it to work on the range.
    You sure it's the Mirror Vision app? Because you don't need WiFi to use it out at the range. Check out their latest setup videos, might help you out.
  • Twilly1Twilly1 Account Hold Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hey mate, can i help with any issues that you had?> @CardsChamps11 said:

ferrispgm wrote:

@Twilly1 said:
    Hey mate, can i help with any issues that you had?> @CardsChamps11 said:

ferrispgm wrote:

All good. I emailed customer support and got it fixed. It was user error not app error.

• Twilly1Twilly1 Account Hold Posts: 12 ✭✭

@CardsChamps11 Oh yeh that customer support guy is fantastic ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file