and best lowball offer so far

g-offg-off Members Posts: 338 ✭✭
got an offer on a set of irons on the bay almost half of asking price, reason being the grips aren't that nice and buyer would offer more if irons had better grips, I guess this is like asking $80 more for new grips? smh
epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing

Comments

• bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers Posts: 3,286 ✭✭
    g-off wrote:

got an offer on a set of irons on the bay almost half of asking price, reason being the grips aren't that nice and buyer would offer more if irons had better grips, I guess this is like asking $80 more for new grips? smh

New grips cost more than $80 so not exactly sure what you mean. I'm not saying your price was wrong bc obviously I don't know your price or the condition if your grips.
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,724 ✭✭
    I had an item listed here a few days ago for $115. 15 min after listing guy PMs me an offer of $40. Normally I ignore lowballs, but had to reply to that one.
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M

• Payton1020Payton1020 Members Posts: 2,013 ✭✭
    bigmoneyp wrote:

g-off wrote:

New grips cost more than $80 so not exactly sure what you mean. I'm not saying your price was wrong bc obviously I don't know your price or the condition if your grips.

Plenty of grips out there for well under $80, just sayin'.
    COBRA Fly Z, Fly Z+, LTD Black
    ADAMS Super S 15* & 18* Matrix HD Radix SVI
    WILSON STAFF 20° Fybrid RS UST Mamiya VTS
    GOLFSMITH P2 4-PW, GW, SW, LW True Temper Formula 1 stepless

ODYSSEY Tri-Ball SRT

OGIO Grom 14 way stand bag
  • JojodimaggioJojodimaggio Members Posts: 2,158 ✭✭
    If grips are nice and the right size that’s a plus. I always change grips so I dont really care about grips. He just needed a reason for the lowball
    TM M5 9 degree with Diamana DF 70TX
    TM M3 15 degree Diamana DF 90TX
    Cleveland 18 degree Mashie Miyazaki 105g

Tour Issue TM 750 4-PW Modus 130x
    TBD 50,54,60 KBS tour
    Mannkrafted MA/66
    Titleist prov1
  • ColejColej Members Posts: 1,672 ✭✭
    Payton1020 wrote:
    bigmoneyp wrote:

g-off wrote:

Plenty of grips out there for well under $80, just sayin'.

Plenty of really good grips for under $80that was just a excuse.
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,626 ✭✭
    I've been selling clubs online for over 20 years, that is most common excuse in asking for a big discount due to potential buyer having to regrip the set of irons that I have listed. I change grips too often so they're often close to new.

Sometime, I will offer to take my grips off whenever it's feasible and sell them for around $40-50 or so less but I never hear back from them. Not once.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    Z585 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
    J15CB 4-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 52*, 56* & 60* Modus Wedge 115
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"

• stealthrt91stealthrt91 Members Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    brew4eagle wrote:
    I had an item listed here a few days ago for $115. 15 min after listing guy PMs me an offer of $40. Normally I ignore lowballs, but had to reply to that one.

I'm the same way, never respond to low balls offers unless it's borderline offensive. I don't get mad though, usually say something like 'aw shucks, already got an offer X amount higher' which most of the time is true anyways haha.
    M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
    M6 Rocket 14* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    M6 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    P790 (4-GW) - DG105
    Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
    Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,667 ✭✭
    The educated buyer does the research and knows what the market will bear as does the educated seller.......... Then some will be clueless and think their stuff is worth

much more than market prices. I have been wanting to find some shafts that Nippon discontinued and one eBay seller has a few used , Cut and in ok shape but they

are asking full NEW Retail price. I messaged them with an offer that I think is reasonable and they lower the price a few bucks. How can a seller continue to list items

for 6 months and pay listing fees over and over ? I thought eBay charged each time you list ?

On Topic I list clubs with "Like New Grips" and do not factor them into the listing price. If the buyer doesn't want them I really don't discount because as others said

it's an excuse to chisel down the price. I also leave $ 20 bucks or so in my asking price to negotiate.
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,101 ✭✭
    edited Jan 7, 2019 11:39am #10
    Tzoid wrote:

The educated buyer does the research and knows what the market will bear as does the educated seller.......... Then some will be clueless and think their stuff is worth

much more than market prices. I have been wanting to find some shafts that Nippon discontinued and one eBay seller has a few used , Cut and in ok shape but they

are asking full NEW Retail price. I messaged them with an offer that I think is reasonable and they lower the price a few bucks. How can a seller continue to list items

for 6 months and pay listing fees over and over ? I thought eBay charged each time you list ?

Ebay doesn't charge insertion or listing fees anymore. They still will charge for certain aspects of a listing, like listing in multiple sections or sponsored listings or something, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some circumstances they might charge for listings, but for the most part they get all their fees out of final sales number.

But an educated seller would know that... I kid, I kid. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

OP, it's just par for the course on ebay nowadays. People think there's no harm in trying for making multiple lowball offers and seeing who might be willing to sell quick. Usually those types are the ones who then turn and list items at inflated prices and just let them sit. Know what you've got, know your general price range and eventually someone will come along.
  • WhereIsDetroitWhereIsDetroit Members Posts: 26 ✭✭
    You get 50 free listings a month and and usually eBay's rotates a bundle of more free ones to active users.
  • mister2coolmister2cool Members Posts: 3,713 ✭✭
    g-off wrote:

Why don't you show us the listing and the offer so we can determine if it is indeed lowball?
    2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
    2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
    Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
    Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
    Putter... Who needs that?
  • g-offg-off Members Posts: 338 ✭✭
    the listing is wishon sterlings 5-gap regular apollo shafts, new karma grips apparently they are a problem listed for $395, offer was for $240
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • mister2coolmister2cool Members Posts: 3,713 ✭✭
    g-off wrote:

the listing is wishon sterlings 5-gap regular apollo shafts, new karma grips apparently they are a problem listed for $395, offer was for $240

Judging my completed and sold listings of similar clubs, I'd agree that it is indeed lowball.

I do find it funny that the person is picking on the Karma grips. Surely they are cheap grips but decent, as I have them on my practice clubs. You should reply that for the price he offered, Karma is the best he\she should have.

On second thought.. just block and move on. All kind of idiots on the internet and it's not even worth the time you spend on this thread.. LOL
    2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
    2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
    Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
    Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
    Putter... Who needs that?
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,101 ✭✭

g-off wrote:

Judging my completed and sold listings of similar clubs, I'd agree that it is indeed lowball.

I do find it funny that the person is picking on the Karma grips. Surely they are cheap grips but decent, as I have them on my practice clubs. You should reply that for the price he offered, Karma is the best he\she should have.

On second thought.. just block and move on. All kind of idiots on the internet and it's not even worth the time you spend on this thread.. LOL

This is where the auto decline feature is best utilized. Set a bottom price that you'd be willing to consider, and anything below is automatically declined. Then when the listing is over go through the low ballers, chuckle at the offers, and determine if you want to block them or not.
  • JojodimaggioJojodimaggio Members Posts: 2,158 ✭✭
    Well you can solve that by putting the lowest offer you will take and not deal with the low ballers anymore
    TM M5 9 degree with Diamana DF 70TX
    TM M3 15 degree Diamana DF 90TX
    Cleveland 18 degree Mashie Miyazaki 105g

Tour Issue TM 750 4-PW Modus 130x
    TBD 50,54,60 KBS tour
    Mannkrafted MA/66
    Titleist prov1
  • aceofclubsaceofclubs Members Posts: 830 ✭✭
    Not necessarily a low ball but had a guy make a total of 8 offers but wouldn’t pay an extra $4 for me to accept his offer.

It was for a single Mizuno 4 iron from an older set, so something pretty specific that the guy was in search of. He was in the UK and i told him I wanted $50 shipped for it. Over a few days he made a total of 8 offers, up to $46.

Ebay handles international shipping, but i feel like theres a little more risk shipping that far. And i knew i would sell it eventually so I wouldn’t budge.

I dont know how you lose a club over $4.
    Driver: TBD
    Fairway: Taylormade Superfast 16.5*/Even Flow Blue
    Hybrid: Titleist 913H/Rogue Black
    Irons: Mizuno MP 59s
    Wedges: Titleist SM4 52/56/60
    Putter: This area intentionally left blank
  • rynobucketrynobucket Members Posts: 855 ✭✭
    Within the last week, I had a fairway w/upgraded shaft listed at $55, the same club with stock shaft are listed and selling for about $45. I got an offer for $35 with the explanation that he did not think the upgraded shaft would work for him so didn't feel he should have to pay for it since he'd probably replace it.
  • overtonaovertona Members Posts: 548 ✭✭
    rynobucket wrote:
    Within the last week, I had a fairway w/upgraded shaft listed at $55, the same club with stock shaft are listed and selling for about $45. I got an offer for $35 with the explanation that he did not think the upgraded shaft would work for him so didn't feel he should have to pay for it since he'd probably replace it.
    Tell him that you will remove the shaft. ���
  • rynobucketrynobucket Members Posts: 855 ✭✭
    overtona wrote:

Tell him that you will remove the shaft. ���

It was easier to decline offer with no explanation.
  • juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Members Posts: 978 ✭✭
    br61 wrote:

I've been selling clubs online for over 20 years, that is most common excuse in asking for a big discount due to potential buyer having to regrip the set of irons that I have listed. I change grips too often so they're often close to new.

Sometime, I will offer to take my grips off whenever it's feasible and sell them for around $40-50 or so less but I never hear back from them. Not once.

Love this, great idea
    Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • snapiersnapier Members Posts: 794 ✭✭
    g-off wrote:

Last month, before Christmas, brand new sets (5-GW) of King Cobra F7 one length irons were selling for less than $250 shipped.
  • snapiersnapier Members Posts: 794 ✭✭
    rynobucket wrote:

One person's upgrade is another's downgrade.
  • MooJerseyMooJersey Members Posts: 443 ✭✭
    brew4eagle wrote:

This is why I list on eBay almost exclusively now lol. Guys seem pretty tight on these boards. Had listed a brand new PX HZRDUS yellow here, non HC. Guy offered me $40 shipped. I pretty much LOL’d.
    Cobra F8+ Driver - EvenFlow Blue
    TEE EX10 Beta 3W - HZRDUS Red
    Cobra F8 3H, 4H, 5H (stock Aldila Rogue)
    Titleist 718 AP2 6-PW, AMT Black
    Vokey SM7 50-12F
    Vokey SM7 56-14F
    Odyssey Works 2-Ball
  • MooJerseyMooJersey Members Posts: 443 ✭✭
    aceofclubs wrote:
    Not necessarily a low ball but had a guy make a total of 8 offers but wouldn’t pay an extra $4 for me to accept his offer.

It was for a single Mizuno 4 iron from an older set, so something pretty specific that the guy was in search of. He was in the UK and i told him I wanted $50 shipped for it. Over a few days he made a total of 8 offers, up to $46.

Ebay handles international shipping, but i feel like theres a little more risk shipping that far. And i knew i would sell it eventually so I wouldn’t budge.

I dont know how you lose a club over $4.

Had a guy who wouldn’t pay an extra $5 on an item recently. Guess they really didn’t want the item that badly lol....
    Cobra F8+ Driver - EvenFlow Blue
    TEE EX10 Beta 3W - HZRDUS Red
    Cobra F8 3H, 4H, 5H (stock Aldila Rogue)
    Titleist 718 AP2 6-PW, AMT Black
    Vokey SM7 50-12F
    Vokey SM7 56-14F
    Odyssey Works 2-Ball