How do I put cash into my paypal account?

jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers Posts: 777 ✭✭
Hi

It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.



Payapal and ebay are now one entity?



Now it seems you need to use an app?



Any help?
Callaway Rogue 12.5* Synergy 60S
Callaway Diablo 2hyb
Callaway X20 3-SW
Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Supersoft

Comments

  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,139 ✭✭
    You don't fund your PP account. You hook your bank account or debit card up to it and when you buy something, it withdraws the money from your account. The only time money goes into the account for a balance is if you return something or someone sends you money for something.
  • jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers Posts: 777 ✭✭
    I understand that.



    It used to be a convenient way to use my cash, rather than a credit card. That's what I want to do, still be able to fund it with cash.
    Callaway Rogue 12.5* Synergy 60S
    Callaway Diablo 2hyb
    Callaway X20 3-SW
    Scotty Cameron California Fastback
    Supersoft
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,246 ✭✭
    Paypal and eBay are no longer one entity and to my knowledge paypal no longer offers the cash deposit option like you mentioned.
    PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,139 ✭✭
    jmtbkr wrote:


    I understand that.



    It used to be a convenient way to use my cash, rather than a credit card. That's what I want to do, still be able to fund it with cash.




    You could give cash to a friend who has a PP account who will then gift it back to you.
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    edited Jan 7, 2019 3:23pm #6
    jmtbkr wrote:


    Hi

    It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.



    Payapal and ebay are now one entity?



    Now it seems you need to use an app?



    Any help?




    Defintley need the app. After downloading the app and signing in. Follow the below steps. Very easy.



    Open Paypal App-Select Paypal Balance-Select Add Money-Select Add Cash-Choose from the available stores-Select Generate barcode-Show cashier barcode- Cashier scans barcode-You give them cash- Money is in account within 15 minutes and a followup confirmation email is sent.



    Available stores include: Walmart, CVS, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, Walgreens, Casey's, Duane Reade, Family Dollar, Freds, Kum & Go, Kwik Trip, RiteAid, Sheetz, and Speedway.

    Walmart is $3 service charge and all other stores are $3.95.



    I add cash to my Paypal account from the CVS near my house at least once a week. I hate the service charge but it is what it is. It's cash only, no credit.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers Posts: 777 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 2:05pm #7
    CHuntsman wrote:

    jmtbkr wrote:


    Hi

    It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.



    Payapal and ebay are now one entity?



    Now it seems you need to use an app?



    Any help?




    Defintley need the app. After downloading the app and signing in. Follow the below steps. Very easy.



    Open Paypal App-Select Paypal Balance-Select Add Money-Select Add Cash-Choose from the available stores-Select Generate barcode-Show cashier barcode- Cashier scans barcode-You give them cash- Money is in account within 15 minutes and a followup confirmation email is sent.



    Available stores include: Walmart, CVS, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, Walgreens, Casey's, Duane Reade, Family Dollar, Freds, Kum & Go, Kwik Trip, RiteAid, Sheetz, and Speedway.

    Walmart is $3 service charge and all other stores are $3.95.



    I add cash to my Paypal account from the CVS near my house at least once a week. I hate the service charge but it is what it is. It's cash only, no credit.




    Yep, that's it!

    Thanks!



    Now I can buy more golf stuff without the wife's knowledge Heehee!!
    Callaway Rogue 12.5* Synergy 60S
    Callaway Diablo 2hyb
    Callaway X20 3-SW
    Scotty Cameron California Fastback
    Supersoft
  • ceejay81ceejay81 Love that chicken from Popeyes! Washington, DCMembers Posts: 1,704 ✭✭
    jmtbkr wrote:


    Now I can buy more golf stuff without the wife's knowledge Heehee!!




    This thread makes wayyyy more sense now. Well done.
    Hive Tour Titles: 2
  • KAndyManKAndyMan JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!! Members Posts: 323 ✭✭
    ceejay81 wrote:

    jmtbkr wrote:


    Now I can buy more golf stuff without the wife's knowledge Heehee!!




    This thread makes wayyyy more sense now. Well done.




    I was wondering if this was some new way to launder/hide money...
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,347 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 9:24pm #10
    You used to be able to add cash through Coinstar machines like they have in grocery stores and the like. Is that still an option? I've done it before, but not for like 4 years or so.



    And to OP - keep Ho'ing, and make sure you ship to work instead of home!
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    jmtbkr wrote:

    CHuntsman wrote:

    jmtbkr wrote:


    Hi

    It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.



    Payapal and ebay are now one entity?



    Now it seems you need to use an app?



    Any help?




    Defintley need the app. After downloading the app and signing in. Follow the below steps. Very easy.



    Open Paypal App-Select Paypal Balance-Select Add Money-Select Add Cash-Choose from the available stores-Select Generate barcode-Show cashier barcode- Cashier scans barcode-You give them cash- Money is in account within 15 minutes and a followup confirmation email is sent.



    Available stores include: Walmart, CVS, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, Walgreens, Casey's, Duane Reade, Family Dollar, Freds, Kum & Go, Kwik Trip, RiteAid, Sheetz, and Speedway.

    Walmart is $3 service charge and all other stores are $3.95.



    I add cash to my Paypal account from the CVS near my house at least once a week. I hate the service charge but it is what it is. It's cash only, no credit.




    Yep, that's it!

    Thanks!



    Now I can buy more golf stuff without the wife's knowledge Heehee!!




    Sounds like we live the same life... image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
  • ronnbeeronnbee Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭
    can you fund xpressbet ?
  • spazospazo Members Posts: 690 ✭✭
    CHuntsman wrote:

    jmtbkr wrote:


    Hi

    It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.



    Payapal and ebay are now one entity?



    Now it seems you need to use an app?



    Any help?




    Defintley need the app. After downloading the app and signing in. Follow the below steps. Very easy.



    Open Paypal App-Select Paypal Balance-Select Add Money-Select Add Cash-Choose from the available stores-Select Generate barcode-Show cashier barcode- Cashier scans barcode-You give them cash- Money is in account within 15 minutes and a followup confirmation email is sent.



    Available stores include: Walmart, CVS, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, Walgreens, Casey's, Duane Reade, Family Dollar, Freds, Kum & Go, Kwik Trip, RiteAid, Sheetz, and Speedway.

    Walmart is $3 service charge and all other stores are $3.95.



    I add cash to my Paypal account from the CVS near my house at least once a week. I hate the service charge but it is what it is. It's cash only, no credit.
    you pay $3 every week to use a non bank to hold your money? That's like $156 service charge to be in a bank.



    That sounds insane.
  • HabrownleeHabrownlee Habrownlee Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    He has to hide the drug money somehow. I saw that on Breaking Bad !
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    Habrownlee wrote:


    He has to hide the drug money somehow. I saw that on Breaking Bad !




    Cash only. No paper trail!
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers Posts: 3,271 ✭✭
    edited Feb 12, 2019 10:09am #16
    You can still add cash to PayPal if you want. Download the app, click add cash. It will show you all local stores where you can add cash (usually 7-11, Walmart, Dollar Stores etc). Show the cashier a barcode, they will scan it and you give them cash. Cash will be available in your account in 10-15 mins. There are tons of places you can do this. It's not as convenient as using a linked bank account or credit card but it is still an option.



    Edit:. Oops, I see someone above already explained... I obviously didn't read the reply.
Sign In or Register to comment.