Putter suggestion

andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,203 ✭✭
I'm currently using a Tailor Made Spider Ghost SI. I get on really well with it but I fancy a change of scenery this year.

So I'm looking for a new mallet. It has to be face balanced and I'm pretty sure it has to be a 'fang' design. I tried a TM Spider Tour a few month ago but just didn't like the way it looked. To my eyes it looks bloated and lumpy, like a toad on the end of the putter shaft. Also the fangs on the Spider Ghost SI allow you to pick the ball up very easily. Okay so most of the time the ball is in the hole where they don't reach but still there are times when being able to easily scoop the ball up is nice.

The latest Odessey fang models look good but they all appear to be slightly toe hung and it's not clear if their fangs help pick the ball up or not. I'll be going shopping this weekend so would appreciate any thoughts people might have on what would make a good next putter.

Thanks.
Callaway Rogue Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

Comments

• DavidvDavidv Members Posts: 734 ✭✭
    Check out the new Ping face balanced putters.
  • swine7777swine7777 Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    andrue wrote:

I'm currently using a Tailor Made Spider Ghost SI. I get on really well with it but I fancy a change of scenery this year.

So I'm looking for a new mallet. It has to be face balanced and I'm pretty sure it has to be a 'fang' design. I tried a TM Spider Tour a few month ago but just didn't like the way it looked. To my eyes it looks bloated and lumpy, like a toad on the end of the putter shaft. Also the fangs on the Spider Ghost SI allow you to pick the ball up very easily. Okay so most of the time the ball is in the hole where they don't reach but still there are times when being able to easily scoop the ball up is nice.

The latest Odessey fang models look good but they all appear to be slightly toe hung and it's not clear if their fangs help pick the ball up or not. I'll be going shopping this weekend so would appreciate any thoughts people might have on what would make a good next putter.

Thanks.
    https://www.clevelandgolf.com/en/putters-/tfi-2135-satin---rho-putter/MTFIRHO-17.html
  • andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,203 ✭✭
    edited Jan 7, 2019 3:35pm #4
    swine7777 wrote:

andrue wrote:

Thanks.
    https://www.clevelandgolf.com/en/putters-/tfi-2135-satin---rho-putter/MTFIRHO-17.html
    I'm liking the look of that putter but with the bar across the back can it still pick the ball up? Perhaps if you lean it back so the bar is flat to the ground?

Edit: From another site it appears you need to wedge the ball against your shoe but that's no hardship.

The Ping Tyne also looks interesting.
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
  • andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,203 ✭✭
    I'm beginning to lean toward a 2017 O-Works Versa V-Line Fang Mallet with Superstroke Pistol GT Tour.
    Callaway Rogue Driver.