2019 Taylormade Spider X

Comments

• AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 18, 2019 10:56pm #752

Got this to put on my Navy Spider X. Superstroke Limited Open Championship colored GT Tour 1.0

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • hummelhummel Philadelphia PAMembers Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

@Kmac said:

@hummel said:
    Anyone have issues with the Spider X on short putts? I have improved both lag putting and my make percentage from 6-12 feet switching to the Spider X from my anser style putter, but have had some issues on the gag range putts - 3-4 feet. I seem to be pushing more putts than normal using my Spider X. Curious if anyone else has noticed the same thing.

Which one did you go with? I have the slant neck blue and have noticed I sometimes push putts too. So far its not a huge issue but once or twice a round I miss a short one.

I have the navy slant neck too, wanted the toe hang so it played similar to an anser style putter. Might try swapping the weights to a heavier option and see if that helps.

Ping G400 Max with AD-IZ 6S
    Ping G400 14.5* with Tensei Blue Stiff
    PXG 0311 19* Hybrid with Tensei Blue Stiff
    Ping i210 4-PW with Project X lZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 56* with KBS Hi-Rev
    Callaway PM Grind 60* with KBS Hi-Rev
    Byron Morgan DH89

• musclefrontmusclefront Members Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

The head cover sucks. Had mine for 4 months and the Velcro doesn’t stick anymore so almost lose it every round. Called them and they said tough luck they’re for purchase and said,”really you guys usually have the best customer service as you sent me a replacement driver when my sliding weight stripped and this is just a crappy head cover. The putter is expensive and you’d think the headcover would last more than 4 months.” Well, one is on the way for free.

And of course after all that I saw the British open one and bought that since I hate the white one haha. Oh well. LOVE THE PUTTER though....

• C-radC-rad Members Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone found a replacement headcover for the spiderx. Considering myspider x for the christmas but really hate the cover. Any suggestions?

Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • FredCouplesFanFredCouplesFan Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    edited Jul 28, 2019 5:04am #756

The headcover for these are a disgrace. Love the putter but TM should be ashamed for including such a pos headcover on these.

So anyone has a company that could help us!!

Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Members Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The British Open headcover on the TM website is very nice.

Cobra F9 Tour length with Tensei Pro Orange 60S shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Rogue 2 and 4 hybrid with GD Tour AD IZ 85 stiff hybrid shaft
    TM P790 5-A with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Callaway Forged 56 degree wedge and PM19 62 degree wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • ASN21ASN21 #TeamTaylorMade Bay AreaMembers Posts: 174 ✭✭✭

@C-rad said:
    Anyone found a replacement headcover for the spiderx. Considering myspider x for the christmas but really hate the cover. Any suggestions?

I bought the new black and new white ones from their website: https://www.taylormadegolf.com/Black-Spider-Cover/DW-WZ668-1.html?cgid=taylormade-accessories-headcovers&lang=default#lang=default&start=1&;

TaylorMade M6 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Black
    TaylorMade M6 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    TaylorMade GAPR HI 3 & 4 - KBS Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 5-AW - Project X LZ
    TaylorMade Milled Grind HI-TOE 56 & 60 - KBS HI-REV 2.0
    TaylorMade My Spider X
    TaylorMade TP5/X

Nothing on the canadian website

Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • groachgroach Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

I picked up the US Open head cover. I absolutely love it, but, the velcro is already coming apart and I'm certain it won't make it through the rest of the summer. I'll have to get it re-sewn somewhere. Very disappointed with the quality.

DR: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3W: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder X
    Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-18 SC - C-Taper X
    Wedges (52,58): Mizuno T7 - C-Taper X
    Putter: Spider X
    Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis
    Glove: Titleist Players
    Shoes: Nike Air Max 1
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

yeah the Spider X covers are horrible. Hoping next year's major covers are way better quality than the current year version.

Callaway Epic SZ - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 15* - Diamana S Ltd
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

Hey everyone! Looking for some advice. I have the jailbird mini in the bag. Its very stable and i like the slant neck it has. Love the way it putts but was considering a myspiderx has a gift from me to me. Does anyone has tried both and can procure some advice?

Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • MEsserJrMEsserJr Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

I don't think the Spider X putter is better than the older Spiders (i.e. the Spider Tour Black). The weighting of the putter seems off on the new ones. Might be because they are smaller heads.

Titleist TS3 9.5/Project Hzrdus Smoke 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5/Project Hzrdus Smoke 6.0
    Titleist 818 21/Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Stiff
    Titleist TM-B 4i/DG AMT S300
    Titleist 718CB 5-9i/DG AMT X100
    Wedges??? (ISO)
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow Neck from The Hive
    Titleist ProV1x #1

Well...its almost 6 months with the Spider X and dont see it leaving the bag anytime soon. Best putter I have played in a long time. Adding the 2 X (6g) weights to the head and changing to Left Hand Low has made my putting my strong suit that was previously a weakness.

TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • kfurnokfurno kfurno Members Posts: 54 ✭✭

Any way to get a black version of this (like the DJ tour) with no sight lines without going to my spider? Hate to pay the extra $ for a plain putter :/

Taylormade 2016 M1 HZRDUS Black
    Nike Covert Tour 3wd
    Adams Red Hybrid 18 degrees
    Mizuno MP-18SC (5-7) MB (8-PW) KBS C-Taper 120
    Vokey 52,56,60
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Scotty Cameron X5 flowneck (Bastain Milled)
  • TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

@kfurno said:
    Any way to get a black version of this (like the DJ tour) with no sight lines without going to my spider? Hate to pay the extra $ for a plain putter :/

Going MySpider X would be the only way to get a putter like that. I used the black Spider Tour for 2 years and created an identical putter in the MySpider X and couldn't be happier with it even though there is a bit of an upcharge.

TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5X
  • KParksKParks Members Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

@TK3309 said:

@kfurno said:

Going MySpider X would be the only way to get a putter like that. I used the black Spider Tour for 2 years and created an identical putter in the MySpider X and couldn't be happier with it even though there is a bit of an upcharge.

So do you have the metal insert then? Any comparison to the standard? If anything I sometimes feel like the stock insert is a little "hot" (prefer, for example, the face on the Copper Ardmore 3) so wondering if maybe the MySpider X face might suit me better.

• mah2010mah2010 Grande Prairie ABMembers Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭

@KParks said:

@TK3309 said:

@kfurno said:

So do you have the metal insert then? Any comparison to the standard? If anything I sometimes feel like the stock insert is a little "hot" (prefer, for example, the face on the Copper Ardmore 3) so wondering if maybe the MySpider X face might suit me better.

I agree that the white insert can feel a bit hot on fast greens. At first I was sold on the 80/20 even after trying the aluminum insert because even thought the aluminum insert was a bit firmer it didn’t jump off the putter like the 80/20. I’m going back to mine with the aluminum insert to see if I can control the speed a bit better, only used it once on slow greens so didn’t really give it a fair test.

• TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

@KParks said:

@TK3309 said:

@kfurno said:

I have a Copper Spider X and a MySpider X with a silver aluminum insert. I posted some pictures of my putter in the MySpider thread of the putter I ordered. If you like the insert in the Ardmore 3 make sure you select an insert color besides white because it'll be the same insert. I have a Black Copper Soto too so I know what you're saying about the Ardmore and aluminum insert. If that's what you prefer you won't be disappointed with the aluminum insert in the MySpider X. Identical feel. I like both inserts for different reasons though. The aluminum insert gives me a little more feedback and a more firm feel. The 80/20 with the thicker 5mm insert and deeper grooves I do believe gets the ball rolling a bit quicker. Definitely a softer feel than the aluminum. I haven't experienced the "hot" jump off the ball as you guys are describing with the new insert though. I could alternate back and forth between both putters no problem but have been using the MySpider X since I got it since I like the plain all black look.

TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5X

I have had friends mention that they feel the white insert to feel "jumpy" or "hot" off the face. I found at least with myself and my playing partners when adding more weight it helped with this. I added weight and the putter is lights out

TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • ASN21ASN21 #TeamTaylorMade Bay AreaMembers Posts: 174 ✭✭✭

@AG12 said:
    I have had friends mention that they feel the white insert to feel "jumpy" or "hot" off the face. I found at least with myself and my playing partners when adding more weight it helped with this. I added weight and the putter is lights out

I will be able to test the "jumpy" theory because I am going from the new X insert to the aluminum insert for the my spider I have on order.

TaylorMade M6 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Black
    TaylorMade M6 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    TaylorMade GAPR HI 3 & 4 - KBS Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 5-AW - Project X LZ
    TaylorMade Milled Grind HI-TOE 56 & 60 - KBS HI-REV 2.0
    TaylorMade My Spider X
    TaylorMade TP5/X

• OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the SunMembers Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just demo’d the Spider X again and it just so good. As someone who has played every Spider ever released, the X is the best feeling and stable putter of all.

If I didn’t just get my PXG putter I would definitely be going with the X.

PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5 Tensei Pro White 60s
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4 Iron Elevate Tour
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG 54*
    TM HI TOE 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,144 ClubWRX

@AG12 said:

I don't find the 5mm 80/20 white insert to be any hotter than the 3mm 80/20 inserts in my JDay and DJ Itsy Bitsy protos, but the construction of the Spider X body does result in a firmer feel/sound at impact for me. I can see why some would interpret that as feeling jumpy or hot, but in my experience there's no actual difference in the speed at which the ball comes off the face.

TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M2 T3 (2016 deep face), Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Black Copper Soto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kfurno said:

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,144 ClubWRX

@nsxguy said:

@kfurno said:

Need this first to fill in the sightline! (not gonna lie...before the My Spider X program was announced, I was seriously considering doing this)

TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M2 T3 (2016 deep face), Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Black Copper Soto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB
  • alexgolfsalexgolfs Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

Spider X just feels so effortless

• Nic1972Nic1972 Members Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike

@Nic1972 said:

Very nice!

TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • musclefrontmusclefront Members Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 13, 2019 3:18am #780

The spider mini head covers fit nicely on the X. Prob get that once this British open one wears out. Really like it though

• BluemileBluemile Members Posts: 39 ✭✭

Where are y’all ordering the 6gram weights from? All i see on taylormade site is 2g.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file