2019 Taylormade Spider X

145791025

Comments

  • RodrigoNicelyRodrigoNicely Members Posts: 750 ✭✭
    sbjinx wrote:


    When do these hit the stores. The putter looks better than the original spider but the headcover is U G L Y.




    Friday
  • jbole267jbole267 CalgaryMembers Posts: 336 ✭✭
    edited Feb 10, 2019 6:13pm #183
    Went and checked these out today. I was thinking I would buy the copper/bronze, however, I liked the blue more.



    I previously used the spider black for a couple seasons and I think this is definitely better — so I got one. Ha ha.
    Taylormade M6 - Accra TZ6 M5 65
    Callaway X-Hot 2 Hybrid
    Srixon Z745 Project x 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Sm7 50-54-58
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 64
    Taylormade Spider X
    Taylormade TP5X
  • texasdavetexasdave Members Posts: 1,507 ✭✭
    jbole267 wrote:


    Went and checked these out today. I was thinking I would buy the copper/bronze, however, I liked the blue more.



    I previously used the spider black for a couple seasons and I think this is definitely better, so I got one. Ha ha.




    Same thing I ordered...Can’t wait for it to be get here!!!
    . TaylorMade M6 10.5*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    2018 Cameron Fastback
    Titleist Pro v1x
  • milosmilos ms1 AustraliaMembers Posts: 142 ✭✭
    jbole267 wrote:


    Went and checked these out today. I was thinking I would buy the copper/bronze, however, I liked the blue more.



    I previously used the spider black for a couple seasons and I think this is definitely better â€" so I got one. Ha ha.




    Ekk, you are giving me second thoughts after ordering the copper. That blue does look good.
  • BacksidefloaterBacksidefloater Members Posts: 162 ✭✭
    The insert paint on my spider tour was chipping and they said they would replace it under warranty. And that was 3 weeks ago,hoping one of these show up instead
    G400 Max 9*
    Rogue SZ 15*
    H818 H2 19*
    Z745 4-PW
    RTX4 50, 54, 58
    Touon San Diego
  • RodrigoNicelyRodrigoNicely Members Posts: 750 ✭✭
    Went all navy but now second guessing I should have got navy white
  • Jdavenp3Jdavenp3 Members Posts: 825 ✭✭


    Went all navy but now second guessing I should have got navy white




    Naw man, single line Navy members unite! Thats the way I went too. I think its going to be really clean and look great in person.
    WITB:

    *Taylormade M4 8.75* Evenflow Black HC 6.0 65g
    *Taylormade M4 15* Tensei Blue
    *Taylormade 2014 Rescue TP 18*
    *Taylormade P790 4-AW Nippon Modus 105 T stiff
    *Callaway MD3 Lucky Clover 56* & 60*
    *Taylormade Spider X-navy w/ single sightline
    *2019 ProV1X-yellow
    *Nike camo cart bag.
    *Nike Vapor React 2 & Nike Air Max 1g
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,921 ClubWRX
    After getting my stock in hand, the blue/white is definitely going to be the big seller this year in my opinion. The supply looks like it's already getting low in our ordering portal.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • Green in RegGreen in Reg Members Posts: 462 ✭✭
    chris975d wrote:


    After getting my stock in hand, the blue/white is definitely going to be the big seller this year in my opinion. The supply looks like it's already getting low in our ordering portal.




    What do you mean? Taylormade is running low on that version?
    Taylormade M5 9*- Speeder Evo
    Taylormade M6D 16*- Accra
    Callaway Apex hybrid 19* 
    Taylormade P760 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey 50* 55* and 60*
    Spider X 33.5"
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,921 ClubWRX

    chris975d wrote:


    After getting my stock in hand, the blue/white is definitely going to be the big seller this year in my opinion. The supply looks like it's already getting low in our ordering portal.




    What do you mean? Taylormade is running low on that version?




    When I was looking in the portal at the end of the week, a length or two of the blue/white were already slipping into April availability.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • jadedennilljadedennill Members Posts: 219 ✭✭

    RobYakes wrote:

    jll62 wrote:



    Is it worrisome to anyone else on here that the only person from TM putting this in play is Rory? Doesn’t seem to be catching on with the rest of their pros




    You're joking, right? No one asks if it's worrisome that Odyssey and Scotty guys haven't put new putters in the bag after only 4 weeks of being available, so why is it a thing for this new putter? When have players ever rushed to replace old putters with a new model at the start of the year? Drivers, yes. Putters, no.



    But if you really want to go down this line of thinking, here are my thoughts:
    • DJ will play it at some point. It's a given with the way he switches putters.
    • Day led the PGA Tour in SG Putting in 2016 and was second in 2018. Why would he switch?
    • I think we'll see Rahm using one sooner rather than later.
    • Tiger...hahaha. But I'd love to see him use it.





    I always find it funny that TM gets all of the hate. Not a lot of Odyssey guys, and definitely no SC guys, use the newest offerings (or even versions that are available at retail). I'd be surprised to see any SC guys use one of the new "Phantom X" putters, those things are hideous. I've always appreciated that at least with TM (minus DJ's TP without an insert) the majority of pros using their putters are using a version similar if not the same as the retail versions. And don't argue that if I wanted to spend $$$ I could have a SC Tour Only putter too.




    They bring every ounce of it on themselves.



    They are the over promising , under delivering money spenders of the club world. They have bought up every major player they can. And now we shall see if they can pay for them. My money says someone else will buy or merge with them soon once they realize they are in need of a bailout. Again.



    The ironic part is that I think they could sell just as much on half the ad and player endorsement budget. The clubs aren’t the issue. They are solid. The issue is they promise them to be miracle workers not solid options.


    That's what marketing is all about! Of course they claim their clubs are amazing, so does every other brand. Nobody markets their clubs by saying "these are solid clubs that won't blow away the competition but won't be worse than what you've already got"

    That post was a perfect example of perpetuating the initial TM hate party.

  • TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    I will say the headcover quality is much improved with the Spider X. Thick leather that will last longer than the past headcovers.



    I was watching Rick Shiels review of the Spider X and he mentioned there will be custom options with the color and sight line coming out (My Spider presumably). Anyone have any info on when Spider X will be available via My Spider?
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade MySpider Black
    Taylormade TP5X
  • bladehunterbladehunter Rain rain go the hell away ! south carolinaMembers Posts: 26,740 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 12:06pm #194


    RobYakes wrote:

    jll62 wrote:



    Is it worrisome to anyone else on here that the only person from TM putting this in play is Rory? Doesn’t seem to be catching on with the rest of their pros




    You're joking, right? No one asks if it's worrisome that Odyssey and Scotty guys haven't put new putters in the bag after only 4 weeks of being available, so why is it a thing for this new putter? When have players ever rushed to replace old putters with a new model at the start of the year? Drivers, yes. Putters, no.



    But if you really want to go down this line of thinking, here are my thoughts:
    • DJ will play it at some point. It's a given with the way he switches putters.
    • Day led the PGA Tour in SG Putting in 2016 and was second in 2018. Why would he switch?
    • I think we'll see Rahm using one sooner rather than later.
    • Tiger...hahaha. But I'd love to see him use it.





    I always find it funny that TM gets all of the hate. Not a lot of Odyssey guys, and definitely no SC guys, use the newest offerings (or even versions that are available at retail). I'd be surprised to see any SC guys use one of the new "Phantom X" putters, those things are hideous. I've always appreciated that at least with TM (minus DJ's TP without an insert) the majority of pros using their putters are using a version similar if not the same as the retail versions. And don't argue that if I wanted to spend $$$ I could have a SC Tour Only putter too.




    They bring every ounce of it on themselves.



    They are the over promising , under delivering money spenders of the club world. They have bought up every major player they can. And now we shall see if they can pay for them. My money says someone else will buy or merge with them soon once they realize they are in need of a bailout. Again.



    The ironic part is that I think they could sell just as much on half the ad and player endorsement budget. The clubs aren’t the issue. They are solid. The issue is they promise them to be miracle workers not solid options.


    That's what marketing is all about! Of course they claim their clubs are amazing, so does every other brand. Nobody markets their clubs by saying "these are solid clubs that won't blow away the competition but won't be worse than what you've already got"

    That post was a perfect example of perpetuating the initial TM hate party.




    So truth equals hate ? Marketing hasn’t always been about lies. If you believe they are cor testing each head they build I’ve got some property for sale. No need for a loook. Just sign.



    Hard to label me a hater when the best club in my bag has been a TM 3 wood since early 2017. And I’ve sung it’s praises to anyone who listens.







    To the point of the thread. I like the look of the blue myself. And if it has a little more click than the red it maybe a winner.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21 ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-pw  Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • soap1984soap1984 Members Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Based on the ones I saw, I preferred the blue also. Weight also seemed better/more balanced over the original spider. Price is steep but it rolled nice... I'll probably get one after a few bad putting rounds.
    M2- Hzrdus Black 6.0
    0341x 3 wood
    19 degree 0317 and G400 22 degree hybrids
    0311T Gen2 5 -w (KBS C-taper lite)
    0311t 52, 56, 60 (Romeo)
    Bat Attack P
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan MidwestMembers Posts: 789 ✭✭
    I found the tour to be sweet if the greens were fast enough. I could not get the ball to the hole with slower greens, or just felt like I had to stand on it. I think the X looks super nice but wonder if it will be firm enough for slower greens (I know this is an Indian problem, not the arrow)for me. My other question is about durability...the SC and Odyssey lines seem to hold up better.

    I don't know if others have any of these thoughts...and I still may want one :-) Just not sure?
    Mizuno 190ST with Tensei Blue Stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with stiff Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
    Cobra Baffler 6 with UST Elements Stiff
    Srixon U65 4i with SteelFiber R
    Srixon Z765 with SteelFiber R shafts
    Vokey 58, 54, 50
    O-Works 7s

    I am thinking about playing golf next year instead of HOing clubs!  
    Oh, changed my mind and still HOing ....but HC finally moving in the right direction.
    Definitions: HOing is changing any spot in your bag 3 or more times in a year
                       Optimizing is changing any/every spot in your bag up to twice a year :-)
  • SC-TX 88SC-TX 88 Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 9:56pm #197
    Has anyone gotten a shipping notification from TM for their pre-order yet?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    M5 9.0 w/ Tensei White 70X tipped 1.5”
    M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5”
    M2 2016 TI 18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5”
    UDI 3 w/Fujikura Pro 115 Tour Spec X-Flex
    Miura MB 001 3-PW w/ PX LZ 7.0
    Raw SM6 54.08M, WedgeWorks 60 T Grind (54/60 DGTI S400)
    Machine M1A (“Tiger Proto”), TM Spider X, Toulon Atlanta, Piretti GSS

  • awwwskeetskeetawwwskeetskeet Members Posts: 37 ✭✭
    nothing here yet, hopefully soon haha
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,921 ClubWRX
    SC-TX 88 wrote:


    Has anyone gotten a shipping notification from TM for their pre-order yet?




    I ordered mine this past Sunday, and it's currently "being built" and will ship by the end of the week, but not shipped yet.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • Milez28Milez28 Members Posts: 427 ✭✭
    are the demo's in any stores yet?



    I need to check them out to see if I'm ordering the Copper or Blue...
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,921 ClubWRX
    Milez28 wrote:


    are the demo's in any stores yet?



    I need to check them out to see if I'm ordering the Copper or Blue...




    Should be. As posted earlier, my stock was delivered last week.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • sixfootnicksixfootnick Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    How do they feel? I've always thought the spiders felt really hollow, did they improve this at all?
  • golfing_penguingolfing_penguin Members Posts: 399 ✭✭
    Just had a go with one today. It's kicking a very trusty Rossie out of the bag which is saying something!
  • jbole267jbole267 CalgaryMembers Posts: 336 ✭✭
    They feel great, can only compare to the 2017 spider tour black but it’s better.



    Here in Canada my local golftown has them in stock, that’s where I purchased mine.
    Taylormade M6 - Accra TZ6 M5 65
    Callaway X-Hot 2 Hybrid
    Srixon Z745 Project x 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Sm7 50-54-58
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 64
    Taylormade Spider X
    Taylormade TP5X
  • Golfguy224Golfguy224 ClubWRX Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Are spider putters forgiving?

    Are spider putters forgiving?
  • Djuga06Djuga06 D.J. Members Posts: 460 ✭✭
    I too was surprised they didn't make a navy in the single bend but I'm also shocked to see a bunch of the old Corsa red top grips on the tour demos, and not available for purchase. I did find one online though and will be swapping mine out when it arrives.
  • groachgroach Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Nothing in store yet to demo. In fact, I called Golf Galaxy and PGA SS and they said they can't be on the floor until the 15th as that is the official release date.
    DR: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3W: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder X
    Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-18 SC - C-Taper X
    Wedges (52,58): Mizuno T7 - C-Taper X
    Putter: Spider X
    Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis
    Glove: Titleist Players
    Shoes: Nike Air Max 1
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan MidwestMembers Posts: 789 ✭✭
    My local shop had them all out and for sale yesterday. I love the look with the wide white alignment and both colors looked plenty nice to put in the bag. I think I liked looking down at the copper the most and probably liked the blue for setting in the bag LOL.

    As for feel, for sure firmer than the tour red (most putters are IMO). So, I loved the look but did not roll any of them particularly well. My wife (who got an early valentines bracelet last weekend) wants me to pick out a new putter by today (what a horrible situation :-) ). I thought the X would be the one but I rolled the Odyssey O Works Jailbird Mini, the 7, and a SC Newport 3 better yesterday. I will go back today for a work break and roll them once more. I want to love the X, but yesterday it did not happen. FWIW, I am a left hand low very average putter and maybe those two traits don't work well with the X ?

    They look great though. If you love your tour, this one will feel different so? It does line up better IMO. And if you want more firm...then you will probably want to upgrade IMO.
    Mizuno 190ST with Tensei Blue Stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with stiff Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
    Cobra Baffler 6 with UST Elements Stiff
    Srixon U65 4i with SteelFiber R
    Srixon Z765 with SteelFiber R shafts
    Vokey 58, 54, 50
    O-Works 7s

    I am thinking about playing golf next year instead of HOing clubs!  
    Oh, changed my mind and still HOing ....but HC finally moving in the right direction.
    Definitions: HOing is changing any spot in your bag 3 or more times in a year
                       Optimizing is changing any/every spot in your bag up to twice a year :-)
  • soap1984soap1984 Members Posts: 708 ✭✭
    They were in stock at my local store. I did notice they felt a lot more solid and a bit heavier than my previous spider. Not sure what insert is in it (harder or softer) but it felt like it was the softer one.



    I did prefer the blue also with the white stripe down the center. It did feel really good
    M2- Hzrdus Black 6.0
    0341x 3 wood
    19 degree 0317 and G400 22 degree hybrids
    0311T Gen2 5 -w (KBS C-taper lite)
    0311t 52, 56, 60 (Romeo)
    Bat Attack P
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 783 ✭✭
    Have heard some people say that the insert is firm on these. I'm hoping not too firm. I got away from the PING Voss and went to the Spider Tour for stability and the way the soft insert felt.....We'll see how they roll Friday.
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Titleist SM7 56.14F (55*) Project X LZ 120
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • golfing_penguingolfing_penguin Members Posts: 399 ✭✭


    Have heard some people say that the insert is firm on these. I'm hoping not too firm. I got away from the PING Voss and went to the Spider Tour for stability and the way the soft insert felt.....We'll see how they roll Friday.




    For me it feels like the original WhiteHot insert on the good putts, a touch clicky on the not-so-good ones, but they still get going in terms of pace control
Sign In or Register to comment.