ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

new st190 driver review

Comments

• adam2883adam2883 Advanced Members Posts: 226 ✭✭
    Maybe its been mentioned and I missed it, but does anyone know or understand the settings with the weights in terms of creating a bias? Was hitting this yesterday in some driver fittings and we were trying to figure it out, not info from Mizuno with the driver and there's nothing on the website yet. We were working on setting it up fade bias, so would that mean the toe weight needs to be closet to the face and the heel weight furthest back or vice versa? Had it set with the toe weight forward and the heel weight back. Great looking and feeling driver, was hitting it with the Atmos Blue, was getting good distance and spin numbers with it but was the worst in dispersion for me in regards to the others I have hit so far.

**This is more of a product fitting I am doing for a company as opposed to actual fitting for myself so I am not always able to get the most optimum shaft choice, get as close to possible.
    Driver: Gen. 2 PXG 9* 0811X w/ Tensei Pro White 60TX
    3 Wood: 2016 Tour Issue Taylormade M2 w/ Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
    Hybrid: Gen. 2 PXG 0317X 17* w/ HC Project X Even Flow Black 85g 6.5
    Irons: Taylormade UDI 3 iron w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 105g 6.5
    Ping iBlades-Orange Dot - 4-PW w/ Project X 6.5
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 RAW 46-52-58 w/Project X 6.0
    Putter: Custom made Slighter Prototype
    Odyssey Milled Collection RSX 7

Short games don't matter if you hit better approach shots
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight Advanced Members Posts: 3,154 ✭✭
    edited January 11
    fade with higher spin: both weights in toe and back

fade with lower spin: both weights in the toe and forward

Or remove the heel weight and use just the toe weight as listed above. Just be aware of the overall headweight and swing weight adjustments.
    Nike Vapor Fly 10.5 Tensei Blue 55 X
    Nike Vapor Fly 15 Tensei Blue 65F X
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3up)[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike Origin B1-01 [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]35" put[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ter[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Nike RZN Tour Platinum[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Nike TW 71 White/Pure Platinum[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike TW 71 Wolf Grey/University Red[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike TW 15 University Red/Black[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike TW 15 Metallic Silver/Black[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike TW 15 Black/University Red[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike TW 15 Midnight Navy/Black[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike Lunar Vapor Storm Black/Solar Red[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike Performance Cart IV Black/Silver[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike Vapor Fly Umbrella[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bag Boy [/font]Tri-Swivel II Push-Cart Black
  • KaBoom21KaBoom21 Advanced Members Posts: 1,570
    Open a Mizuno thread and see a Kim Mitchell reference.

doubleyou tee eff.
  • trhodetrhode Fitter / Builder Advanced Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭
    IvanDrago wrote:
    anyone know if the adapter for driver is the same as the jpx850?

Yes. The adapter will be the same, but they are changing the numbering. Instead is having the lofts on the sleeve, it will say +/-1, +/-2, similar to a Taylormade sleeve.
  • royalgingernessroyalgingerness Advanced Members Posts: 162 ✭✭
    Like many here, I'm a huge Mizuno fan and have used their irons for last 20 years now. Would love to see them increase their driver presence on tour and with better amateurs. I notice from Getty images however that Davis Love already seems to have replaced his with a Titleist TS3.

Ironically the familiarity that makes players gravitate to Mizuno irons may be the thing that keeps the driver out of their bag..
  • projocklooperprojocklooper Members Posts: 7
    nmpete11 wrote:

I loved the st180. I couldn't get over the blue. I would be super interested in this if I was in the market for a new driver.

Same here about the blue... I seemed to have crushed it when hitting center of club face but off center not too good. I'm very interested in this club though.
  • jblough99jblough99 Advanced Members Posts: 571 ✭✭
    edited March 8
    For those asking about the shaft options, here is the complete list of "no-charge" shaft/weight/and flex options. Just put an order in with Discount Dans for a ST190 9.5* with Atmos Black Tour Spec 60X. Their price cant be touched on these!

• Man_O_WarMan_O_War Advanced Members Posts: 2,663 ✭✭
    i guess by now every one knows who Mitchell is
    Cobra LTD Pro Matrix F6M2/F7M3/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ Fuji 661 III
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Nike Vapor Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
  • SuperBombinSuperBombin Advanced Members Posts: 127 ✭✭
    jblough99 wrote:

For those asking about the shaft options, here is the complete list of "no-charge" shaft/weight/and flex options. Just put an order in with Discount Dans for a ST190 9.5* with Atmos Black Tour Spec 60X. Their price cant be touched on these!

No atmos black 70 in x stiff?
  • SimpSimp Advanced Members Posts: 2,903

DuckHook02 wrote:

mason82 wrote:

DuckHook02 wrote:

My local PGASS in Southlake has the mizuno heads. They are out there.

I'm in Southlake too, will check it out.

I don't know if the ST 190 heads are there yet...I was more commenting on someone's post above that no one ever has Mizuno heads to demo. I've always found my local PGASS to have the full line of Mizuno heads to demo. Whether they have the ST 190 heads yet, I don't know.

Make that three of us that go to the Southlake store, and yes they have them. image/nyam.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':nyam:' /> They did say they will not have the 190s until mid Feb. image/blush2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush2:' />

4 of us. 😊
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • mBiden2mBiden2 Advanced Members Posts: 585 ✭✭
    jblough99 wrote:

No atmos black 70 in x stiff?

I was shocked with this as well
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • jblough99jblough99 Advanced Members Posts: 571 ✭✭
    Yeah x-flex shaft selection is kind of disappointing. Would also like to pick up the ST190TS 3 wood with an Atmos blue 70x or 80x but I guess that's not an option.
    How good is the KK 80X that they’re offering?
    WITB

• KeenKeen Advanced Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Is there a list of upcharge shafts out there?
    Driver Titleist 915D3 8.5* Veylix Rome Roughneck S, tipped 1''
    Spoon
    Cobra King LTD 13.5* UST Mamiya Chrome Elements S
    Hybrid Adams A2ts Aldila Voodoo SNV8 S
    Irons Epon AF-Tour 5 - PW KBS C-taper S
    GW Titleist SM6 52* K-grind
    SW Titleist SM6 oil can 58* V-grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura
  • SUMM1TSUMM1T Advanced Members Posts: 852 ✭✭
    Keen wrote:
    Is there a list of upcharge shafts out there?

I may be wrong, but I’m fairly positive that Mizuno doesn’t do up charge shafts. All of their offerings are no charge shafts. However, with the wood line, the offerings are minimal with around 8-9 different shafts.
  • SUMM1TSUMM1T Advanced Members Posts: 852 ✭✭
    mBiden2 wrote:

It’s a decent shaft, buy if you’re comparing to ultra premium shafts it doesn’t hang.
    SUMM1T wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:

It’s a decent shaft, buy if you’re comparing to ultra premium shafts it doesn’t hang.

Thanks. I just can’t believe that they didn’t include the atmos black 7x when they have the atmos black 6x
    WITB

• mrmikeacmrmikeac Advanced Members Posts: 359 ✭✭
    mBiden2 wrote:

SUMM1T wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:

Thanks. I just can’t believe that they didn’t include the atmos black 7x when they have the atmos black 6x

There’s an ST190G on eBay with an ATMOS Tour Spec 7x going for dirt cheap right now fwiw

The 190G is going straight in my bag and I’m throwing my M6 out the **** window. Hit it yesterday and fell in love.

Never fallen in love with a driver so quickly before. Absolute love at first hit.
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: Taylormade Copper Spider X, KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft, 34”
    Ball: Taylormade TP5
    mrmikeac wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:

SUMM1T wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:

There’s an ST190G on eBay with an ATMOS Tour Spec 7x going for dirt cheap right now fwiw

The 190G is going straight in my bag and I’m throwing my M6 out the **** window. Hit it yesterday and fell in love.

Never fallen in love with a driver so quickly before. Absolute love at first hit.

I felt the exact same way when I hit the 190 with the atmos black 6x. They didn’t have a G to try, but the reg 190 is probably going in the bag. I’ve been a lifetime TM guy and I was looking at gaming the M6 this year but that changed after the first swing with the 190
    WITB

• gsrjcgsrjc TOC Advanced Members Posts: 1,115 ✭✭
    For those who have this driver. What swing weight did you end up with since the head is heavy?
  • Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 701 ClubWRX
    I asked for mine to be D4, it arrived D5. Head is 195.6g without the adapter.
    Currently bagged:
    ==============
    Driver: PXG 0811X Gen2 @ 10.5º w/ Aldila ATX Green Proto 65TX
    Fairway : Callaway Epic Flash SZ @ 15º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 75
    2H : Ping G410 @ 17º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 85
    3H : Titleist 818 H2 @ 20º w/ Atmos HB Tour Spec 8S
    Irons : TBD
    Gap Wedge : Nike Engage Square 54º
    Lob Wedge : Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Oil can 60º
    Putter : Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

Competition:
    ==========
    Fairways: F9 Tour, Epic Flash SZ, M5 Titanium
    Hybrids: 818 H2, G410
    Irons: 785's, P760's, '19 Apex Pro, Hot Metal Pro, 699's
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Golf Pro - Wisconsin Advanced Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    I like hearing the head is heavy, and somehow Keith Mitchell and I have almost identical trackman numbers? I'm really excited to try this one out.
    Taylormade M3 460 8.5 HZRDUS T1100 75X
    Titleist 915fD 3 Diamana White 80-TX
    Titleist TS2 5 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 8TX
    TItleist AP2 718 4-6 DG X100
    Titleist 718 MBs 7-9 DG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7s 46F DG x100, 50F, 56S, 60M DG S400
    SIK Pro-C Arm Lock 40"
  • trhodetrhode Fitter / Builder Advanced Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭
    The 190 heads are a little heavier than some other brands. Closer to Ping weights. 196 on standard and 200g on the G head on average.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,919 ClubWRX
    Just got back from Roger Dunn, sure I was leaving with the ST190. I hit it with the Atmos blue 6s, felt great, just spun a little high for my liking, in the 2700 area. So I swapped that out for the Atmos black 6s TS... brought the spin down around 24-2500, but any miss away from the center and it spun up in the mid 3000s. So I decided to try the G with the black 6s, weights back and it was noticeably better, 22-2400 spin and ball speeds around 155, which for me is great. I actually preferred the sound and look of the G as well, so I took the demo setup they had for $429, which seemed fair to me since I had store credit to burn. Both drivers look great and it's nice to see some heads that aren't super low spinning and unplayable for most people. Tried the F9 but couldn't get ball speeds anywhere near what I was seeing with the ST190G. Will see how it does outside this week.
    Mizuno ST190G 9* Fujikura Atmos black 6s TS
    Mizuno ST180 15*  Tensei Blue 60s
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-P DG X100
    Titleist SM6 52/58 S200/Spinner
    Scotty Cameron NP2 '16
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • reider69reider69 Advanced Members Posts: 575 ✭✭
    There are a bunch of ST190 drivers on Ebay that are brand new and going for around $300 right now. I am shocked how cheap these are being sold this early in release.
    Cobra F7 - Matrix Ozik Black Tie M4 70 X
    Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
    Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 - 54 and 58 - Modus 105X
    Callaway Xforged - 64 degrees
    Lajosi DD201 Proto
    reider69 wrote:

There are a bunch of ST190 drivers on Ebay that are brand new and going for around $300 right now. I am shocked how cheap these are being sold this early in release.

I noticed that, and If I hadn't had store credit I might have pulled the trigger but I am glad that I got to see which one suit me better because I would have made the wrong choice.
    Scotty Cameron NP2 '16
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • reider69reider69 Advanced Members Posts: 575 ✭✭
    Nixhex524 wrote:

reider69 wrote:

I noticed that, and If I hadn't had store credit I might have pulled the trigger but I am glad that I got to see which one suit me better because I would have made the wrong choice.

I am getting fit by a Mizuno regional rep this Wednesday. No charge for fitting and I will get to see which loft, shaft, model is right for me. Worth spending full price when you get a properly fit driver.
    Cobra F7 - Matrix Ozik Black Tie M4 70 X
    Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
    Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 - 54 and 58 - Modus 105X
    Callaway Xforged - 64 degrees
    Lajosi DD201 Proto
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Advanced Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭
    Wdwfreak wrote:

I like hearing the head is heavy, and somehow Keith Mitchell and I have almost identical trackman numbers? I'm really excited to try this one out.

LOL come on bruh! 😂😂😂 Just because you switched the club at the top to both say 7 iron is about all you have in common #humblebrag
    reider69 wrote:

Nixhex524 wrote:

reider69 wrote:

I am getting fit by a Mizuno regional rep this Wednesday. No charge for fitting and I will get to see which loft, shaft, model is right for me. Worth spending full price when you get a properly fit driver.

Would love to hear how this goes once you're set. Let us know!
    Scotty Cameron NP2 '16
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Golf Pro - Wisconsin Advanced Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited March 10

Wdwfreak wrote:

LOL come on bruh! 😂😂😂 Just because you switched the club at the top to both say 7 iron is about all you have in common #humblebrag

Uhhhh I wasnt trying to remotely humble brag, I'm saying I swing at that speed with a left to right ballflight and I hit down on it a little, I'm not perfectly optimized and he says right in that video he's like that too to keep it accurate.

I was trying to say if he swings it like that and has gotten it to work really well I'm very excited to try it, I saw other places it was spinning too much but he's got it going really well and that's good to see. This seems like the sleeper hit of this year.

But thanks for thinking I'm here to brag to the internet how I swing the golf club, just trying to get information from a usually great community...
    Taylormade M3 460 8.5 HZRDUS T1100 75X
    Titleist 915fD 3 Diamana White 80-TX
    Titleist TS2 5 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 8TX
    TItleist AP2 718 4-6 DG X100
    Titleist 718 MBs 7-9 DG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7s 46F DG x100, 50F, 56S, 60M DG S400
    SIK Pro-C Arm Lock 40"
  • cmrl1986cmrl1986 Advanced Members Posts: 2,354
    Driver didn't do anything for me yet (haven't hit it with the right shaft) but I did order the 3wd after a fitting. Longer and straighter the the 410 stuff, and I was pulling for the 410 to win out. I have the st190 ts coming with a Tensei blue 70X. Should have it in the bag this week!
    PING G400 LST 8.5 w/Fujikura Rombax Type X stiff
    Mizuno ST190 w/Tensei Blue 70 stiff
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 iron w/DG 120 stiff
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-pw w/DG 120 stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Blackout 50/54/62 w/s400 onyx

**Putter Rotation**
    Bettinardi Inovai Armlock 395g
    Byron DH89 Custom Carbon Blue Oil 350g
    Piretti Tour Proto 340g
  • greggreg Members Posts: 40
    Hammer22 wrote:

This would have helped (for those that can't search): https://www.youtube....h?v=DrhAfdnQdT4

thanks.
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Advanced Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭
    Wdwfreak wrote:

Wdwfreak wrote:

Uhhhh I wasnt trying to remotely humble brag, I'm saying I swing at that speed with a left to right ballflight and I hit down on it a little, I'm not perfectly optimized and he says right in that video he's like that too to keep it accurate.

I was trying to say if he swings it like that and has gotten it to work really well I'm very excited to try it, I saw other places it was spinning too much but he's got it going really well and that's good to see. This seems like the sleeper hit of this year.

But thanks for thinking I'm here to brag to the internet how I swing the golf club, just trying to get information from a usually great community...

Don’t read too much into the tea leaves my friend, I’m just pulling your chain. The driver is phenomenal btw as well
  • Kale_mKale_m Advanced Members Posts: 1,630 ✭✭
    Like the look of it and the feel

Sits alittle closed to me at address though

Hit i with the Atmos Black 6s TS. Little soft for me.

Would like to give it a go with the right shaft
    Taylormade M4 9.5 (set to 7.5) Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    3w — undecided
    Taylormade 790 UDI 2 iron Tensei Pro White 90tx
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Tm milled grind 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 35” navy with true path alignment
    Kale_m wrote:

You know, you're a hard man to please. LOL. I gotta order my stuff close to what I need. ;-)
    Currently bagged:
    ==============

Competition:
    ==========
  • grumpy84grumpy84 Advanced Members Posts: 560 ✭✭
    edited March 11
    Kale_m wrote:

You are the first person I've heard say it looks closed. I think it sits pretty neutral to slightly open standard, and looks perfect in the -2 setting opened up.
    edited March 11
    grumpy84 wrote:

Kale_m wrote:

You are the first person I've heard say it looks closed. I think it sits pretty neutral to slightly open standard, and looks perfect in the -2 setting opened up.

Kale is correct. This particular head does look closed in it's natural 9.5º setting.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Currently bagged:
    ==============

Competition:
    ==========
  • KC13KC13 Advanced Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    I hit the st190 with an Atmos Black 6x and boy did that thing spin a lot for me. I was very surprised with the 2800-3000 spin numbers and disappointed at the same time.

- KC
    Callaway Epic SZ 10.5° set to 9.5°, Speeder Evo V 661 X 44.75"
    Callaway Rogue 17°, Speeder Evo V 757 X 42.25"
    Titleist 816 H1 21° B1 setting, Matrix Ozik Altus X 40.25"
    Mizuno MP-18 SC/MB 4-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X
    Titleist SM7 Raw 50/54/58, KBS Tour 120 S
    Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS
    18' Pro V1
  • evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Advanced Members Posts: 1,965 ✭✭

grumpy84 wrote:

Kale_m wrote:

Kale is correct. This particular head does look closed in it's natural 9.5º setting.

To my eye after 40-50 balls in my fitting, the head appears to be dead square at standard 9.5* setting, and at 10.5* setting its was a nice open look.
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC Advanced Members Posts: 1,115 ✭✭
    I saw the head and I’m not sure I can get over it sitting open so much.
  • BB28403BB28403 Advanced Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭
    Hammer22 wrote:
    This would have helped (for those that can't search):

What's the inner net ?
  • Timbo929Timbo929 Advanced Members Posts: 338 ✭✭
    how's does the ST190 compare to the ST180?

Is it worth buying a ST190 if you already bagged a ST180 last year?

also, do they use the same adapter?
  • halfsumohalfsumo Advanced Members Posts: 637
    Different adapter but they both work.
    ST190 Ventus 6S
    TS3 15 Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Apex Hybrid 20 VA Composites Raijin 84 Four
    i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
    Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
    PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
    PING Ketsch
  • BB28403BB28403 Advanced Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭
    On looks the st180 looks a lot like the st190, just black paint. And a better ad program
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,525 ✭✭
    Man the ST190 is low spin I used reg flex and cranked up to 10.5 degrees snd couldnt get spin snd launch up
  • Timbo929Timbo929 Advanced Members Posts: 338 ✭✭
    halfsumo wrote:

Different adapter but they both work.

so the 180 is interchangeable with the 190. sweet, thanks!
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 2,885 ClubWRX
    ssfranny wrote:

Man the ST190 is low spin I used reg flex and cranked up to 10.5 degrees snd couldnt get spin snd launch up

I saw the same, I was hitting the CK Orange 50 in stiff vs my Ping G LS with an AD DJ 6x and I couldn't get within 2 degrees of the Ping even with the 10.5 head cranked up. Low spin for sure though, almost 400rpm less than the Ping but the carry suffered because of the low launch. Here in the Northeast low launch bullets aren't terribly effective when you get 5 yards of roll on a wet fairway.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife Advanced Members Posts: 666 ✭✭
    gsrjc wrote:

I saw the head and I'm not sure I can get over it sitting open so much.

You thought that it looked open? I have grown to absolutely hate that the ST180 looks closed no matter what I do. For that reason alone, I would upgrade to the ST190.
    I don't think it looks open but I was seeing somewhat of a fade ball flight yesterday on the range. I played with the weights, the loft... still, was a little fade. Mis hits were pretty punishing, not so much distance wise, but definitely dispersion suffered. Was probably mostly me though. I will get it on the course this week and see how it does.
    Scotty Cameron NP2 '16
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • yourhonoryourhonoryourhonoryourhonor Advanced Members Posts: 437 ✭✭
    Is it just me or are the shaft offerings for this driver kinda lame?